It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antique I found shows UFO !! (500+ years old)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was looking at some of the stuff I've collected over the years and found an interesting article, likely a very valuable antique in any case, but while I was looking at it, I noticed an obvious UFO. See for yourself:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fab2d26d811b.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a nativity scene carved on a piece of mother of pearl. It is at least 500 years old, up to 1000 years old, from somewhere in the Ottoman Empire. It shows Jesus as a baby with Joseph and Mary standing to the sides.

Traditionally, Jesus was born at night, so the "disc" at the top probably isn't the sun, and doesn't seem to be the moon to me either. Notice the "beam" shooting down from the "flying disc" to Jesus. At the end of the "beam" from the "flying disc" near baby Jesus is an EYE, which looks very similar to the "all-seeing-eye" known by many to be a Masonic symbol on the American dollar-bill, or the eye worn by superstitious Middle-Eastern women who claim that it scares away evil spirits.

My point is, to me at least, it looks like nothing other than a UFO, shooting a beam with an eye at the end to see Jesus. This is an authentic Mother of Pearl carving at least 500 years old. I don't want to give more details because I don't want to giv too much "personal identifiable information" about myself, but I'm sure you don't need to know the whole story about the carving's history.

This is an amazing find for me, and I hope I get some comments with other people's opinions. Thank you for your time. Oh, and a side note, the "aura" of Jesus is different than Mary & Joseph, which some other small strange symbols in it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sorry about Joseph not being able to fit in the picture. At least the important part, the UFO, beam, and eye, are all there to see.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What about it possibly being the "star" that led the wise men there?
Isn't that often depicted/included in nativity scenes?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Antique? More like a relic! You could make a lot of money.

Anyway i'm not sure its a UFO. It looks more like a depiction of the star of bethlehem guiding the way to the "messiah".

Still, whos to say that weren't originally a UFO.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thank you. Yes, "the star" might have been a sort of flying disc. It reminds me of other theories people have of "aliens" being angels, or demons, or some other spiritual creatures.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
its interesting

but the reality that anyone can interpret that the way they want

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That looks like the star that led the wise men to the baby Jesus.

But maybe the immaculate birth was really an abduction
impregnation?

Could Jesus have been an alien hybrid?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Cool find.... Lucky you!

Why is Jesus wearing a spacehelmet? And those who claim it is the star the guided the 3 kings as depicted in the nativiti plays.... Duh, stars dont fly. But UFO's do

Or maybe it is a depiction of the worlds oldest Chinese lantern sighting!

S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your antique piece.

This is a interesting piece,

It could be a symbol of all that is holy pointing to the holy one,

or

Perhaps something beyond your knowledge pointing to Jesus as an alien.

Those are just my interpretations of your antique piece.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My thought is that it is a star with the beams shooting down toward baby Jesus and the eye - well could that be the eye of God? Seeing it for the first time those are my thoughts about it - of course it could be something totally different. Seems Joseph gets left out of everything- in other things I have observed he is just there but never gets very much attention really - wonder why that is.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think it is probably the Star of Bethlehem.

I mean, it could be anything, but since it is directly connected to Jesus and is very luminous, that seems to be the most obvious symbolism. I am sure there could be something else to it, but I think it's unlikely.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mary is clearly an alien with that little triangle for a mouth, and dreads/bangs? So realistic, this carving...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

S & F , and thanks for sharing it with us on ATS.

certainly open for some interpretations, but an interesting piece of art none the less. one can surely wonder what may have been going through the mind of the one who made it while they were making it, and what the symbolism could have meant to them.

alien origins or faith based
ufo or star that 3 guys followed
masonic imagery or ancient symbol

i don't know, a mixture maybe?

curious what those symbols might be (halo) and what they meant at the time it was carved.

thanks for sharing,
et

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
the blood drop has a circle, with 9 beams of light around it, one of them being x'd for planet x.

the circle around jesus, has a North and South, the circle around merry has notting, could be the hollow earth theory, they have a perfect tempeture all year round no south north polls. Three pyramids are on the slit wrist of the god, giving his blood/life to us, as his blood drops onto jesus

[edit on 15-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think its a goose giving the baby a kiss!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
That looks like the star that led the wise men to the baby Jesus.

But maybe the immaculate birth was really an abduction
impregnation?

Could Jesus have been an alien hybrid?

i believe more that jesus was an alien than that he was THE "son of god". which in all honesty, we're all the sons (and daughters) of god. we are all also the holy trinity (father, son, and holy spirit). we are all to be a father/mother (in biological terms), son/daughters of our parents, and the holy spirit i believe is our souls/consciousness.

jesus, i believe was created as a "savior" to save our species from evil and corruption, because "god" maybe thought another flood would be too much and a waste of "his" work

if you cant tell already, im an ancient astronaut theorist, who ironically grew up catholic lol

and that "star" i believe IS a spaceship. maybe the same spaceship that guided and protected the Israelites through the desert also guided and protected the 3 wise men?

but i also believe that the story of jesus is REALLY the story of horus

[edit on 15-7-2010 by taguon]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Fascinating piece! I like the "Eye of Horus" you point to.

In French, the three wise men are called "rois mages", which translates as Magician Kings...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I believe it represents the Father, the Son and, the Holy Spirit.

But that is just me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I can not even quite understand how you could go ahead and say, clearly a ufo
from what i can see is, that is a star as u can see the ww shapes below it , representing the shine from it, and the thing that extents down upon baby jesus is the shine coming toward him. I could even go as far as saying that, that´s just the sun and it is sunlight coming at him. But star is more likely. As the star of betlehem was suposidly right above as u can read here Linky
If you want to see a ufo in something you will see a ufo on something.

In this case, you are saying when jesus was born there was a ufo hovering over him and it shoot a laser beam towards him.

Nobody else being freaked out that according to this item, baby jesus was born with a full set of hair

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Nice find!
It certainly seems to be of value and very old if it is authentic.
I'm not sure about the UFO part but still very interesting.

Keep digging wherever it is your looking..

You may actually find the Ark of the Covenant underneath a sink or something..

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Cool find.... Lucky you!

Why is Jesus wearing a spacehelmet?

It's not a space-helmet it is supposed to be a halo.
Depictions of Jesus - wiki

Most of the early artwork featuring Jesus and other holy figures have the same circular aura behind the head.

I mean, if Jesus couldn't breath Earths' oxygen, who needs a crucifix to do him in?

- Lee

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join