It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antique I found shows UFO !! (500+ years old)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
What about it possibly being the "star" that led the wise men there?
Isn't that often depicted/included in nativity scenes?

Obviously it WASN'T a star and was a UFO. What kind of "star" would move like that?

Read in-between the lines in the bible.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thats a rendition of the old Babylonian sun drop deal. It was incorparated into the Roman Catholic thingy. Thats the Sun there and not a star.

Nimrod's wife -- Semiramis, decided to continue the pagan religion by saying her dead husband had ascended to the sky and become the sun. When Semiramis had her child, she claimed Nimrod had impregnated her as the rays of the sun had fallen upon her womb. This "sun god child" was named Tammuz.

Tammuz "Sun God Child"

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I couldnt help think of this thread and the video, I personally think there has been much documentation on UFOs throughout the Biblical past.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe Joseph was an Alien? He could have been appointed to be with her through the pregnancy to assure that she was safe and the birth was a sucess. I imagine if the aliens had planned for a birth of a hybrid they would appoint one of thier own to make sure it went through safely.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Hey, I always wondered about the "Angel of the Lord" showing up to to tell Virgin Mary she was pregnant with the Son of God. (in vitro fertilization by aliens with good intentions?) Never thought about the Star of Bethlehem- which shone brighter than all the stars, they say- being a space ship coming the check on the baby. The "Magical Kings" from afar might have been fellow aliens following the "Star" in their own spaceships. Weren't the local shepherds freaked out at first at the sight of the Star? Or the sight of "Angels" coming to tell them about the baby. They were told to follow the star, which 'shone brightly' directly over the stable. (Always wondered about that too. Stars are too high in the sky to walk towards and then be standing under. But a spaceship isn't. Plus, stars are always rising and setting with the rotation of the earth. They don't 'stay still' but a spaceship could hover over the stable all night long.)

I saw the baby's 'space helmet' right away. Also, take a look at Mary's robe. Looks for the world like wings by her sides!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Very interesting .... Not sure what to make of it yet though???? Can you please post a pic of the full object?? Thanx,

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The star of Bethlehem was a ufo, stars dont just come an stay a little while an then split the scene!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It's depicting baby Jesus with a halo around his head, traditional -- not a space helmet. The object at the top is rather clearly the "Star of Bethlehem."

No Aliens, no spacecraft. Just standard Christian imagery.

You have to be careful when examining old artifacts with your modern prejudices towards identifying symbols. You see a disc and you think extra-terrestrial craft. You think this only because you are conditioned to think that now. It has no relation to art of the past. Don't matrix things in that aren't there.

So, case closed everybody?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

um here is a painter who basically did the same thing with the UFO and Jesus.

www.ancient-symbols.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

That's not a UFO, that's a light in the sky, possibly from heaven. We really don't know the artists intentions, though an educated guess would point towards the later. You want to see a UFO, so you do. Saucer shaped UFOs only became common in UFO sightings after such crafts have become popular in fiction. A painting from 1710 depicting a light from heaven in the shape of a circle does not equate to a ufo, it just equates into religious imagery. A circle of life (sometimes with a dove and sometimes not) shining light is often a symbol of the Holy Spirit. It's seen in pretty much every Baptism scene. It's standard religious imagery. You only see a UFO because you want to see a UFO. You are interjecting your religion into another religion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

LOL okay if you say so.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Listen man im a realistic Artist 50 years in the making, thats a ufo please get of your Knees an learn to walk, its easy just put one foot in front of the other its like riding a bike! open your Eyes for those who have the Eyes to see will see! what do yea think Jesus meant by that?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
It's depicting baby Jesus with a halo around his head, traditional -- not a space helmet. The object at the top is rather clearly the "Star of Bethlehem."

No its really not a star. This is a classic representation of the sun, in that tradition, with ray.

See The Sun Rays Coming Down?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by dragnet53

That's not a UFO, that's a light in the sky, possibly from heaven. We really don't know the artists intentions, though an educated guess would point towards the later. You want to see a UFO, so you do. Saucer shaped UFOs only became common in UFO sightings after such crafts have become popular in fiction. A painting from 1710 depicting a light from heaven in the shape of a circle does not equate to a ufo, it just equates into religious imagery. A circle of life (sometimes with a dove and sometimes not) shining light is often a symbol of the Holy Spirit. It's seen in pretty much every Baptism scene. It's standard religious imagery. You only see a UFO because you want to see a UFO. You are interjecting your religion into another religion.

That's a very good point. It may look like a UFO to us but we have no idea what the artist was trying to depict. The person who made the point about semirimis and tammuz made a good point too, information and artwork that is from the same time period as the object will give you the best clues about what it depicts and why.

I personally think the ancient alien theory makes a lot of sense but not just a few thousand years ago. We don't even have any evidence that there was a flesh and blood Jesus, so why start to debate that aliens were involved for his birth? The Jesus story and character is preceded by so many other ancient Gods, that all have a very similar story. So I would say if any alien intervention is depicted in art through the ages it probably depicts things that happened in much more ancient times than the time of jesus.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
the "three wise men" are the strs in Orion's belt. the "ufo" you are noting, is the sun. when christ was born, an aspect of the sun came into his body at birth and left it to return to the sun at when he died. this is what the ancient mystery schools profess.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I still see a flying disc. Maybe I'm "conditioned" to see it, but it's not the sun, moon, or a star (at least not a "real" star).

I have a question. Sure, UFO sightings have occurred more commonly in the recent history, but it's very possible that they have been seen for thousands of years, and no one knew what they were.

What did the ancients think UFOs were?

Maybe 2000 years ago, a UFO would have been considered something "holy" like a "star" or "God" and so on. . . They wouldn't have been "conditioned" like many are today to be afraid.

Oh, and the rest of it is just Joseph, who is similar to Mary. I'll put up the picture..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

Listen man im a realistic Artist 50 years in the making, thats a ufo please get of your Knees an learn to walk, its easy just put one foot in front of the other its like riding a bike! open your Eyes for those who have the Eyes to see will see! what do yea think Jesus meant by that?

Listen man I'm a freelance Graphic Designer and Illustrator all my life as well as an amateur historian. Take some advance art history courses, they will talk about common Christian symbols. It looks like the shining Christmas Star, or as somebody else said, possibly the sun (for the interjection of Pagan beliefs into Christianity.)

See I can just state a bunch of credentials to make myself sound more important too!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mary has crossed her arms in this relief which must be symbolic, something other than just negative body language. The flying disk is a UFO but could be the moon or one of the Pleiades.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think I saw something similar to this in my toast this morning, clearly it was a ufo, I just didn't know what I was looking at when I saw it.

I'm glad you were able to clear this up for me. Any round-ish objects in paintings or other forms of art, are clearly UFO's.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Me thinks thou doest protest too much...

Not 'all' imagery from that period depicted the heavenly scene with UFOs in the back ground, they probably just put them in the pictures rather than being burned at the stake for SEEING them and wanting to paint about it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join