It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antique I found shows UFO !! (500+ years old)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Where is the proof of this? I can say that they saw a flying army of polar bears and used this circle shape as symbolism for what they witnessed. We can say this, but there are no documentations to even assert this. You are merely projecting your own hypotheses, based on your beliefs onto past events.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Back at you, you are using your hypothesis of denial due to lack of information and experience to rationalize the possibility of a message from the past of ET Visitors having been part of the world.

If it became illegal or dangerous to discuss such things openly, I would incorporate UFOs into my artwork for the future.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It doesn't work that way, there is a mountain of evidence that points these symbols to pre-existing christian and pagan symbologies. You on the other-hand are countering these known quantities with flimsy concepts that have no grounding in history. You are interjecting your own prejudices to those images, with no evidence to back it, no artists statements. If you are going against the established information, you must present something substantial, you present only scant and flimsy arguments of "Well, maybe it could be, we don't know."

The ponderous burden of proof that these images are of extra-terrestrial origin relies on you. We know what these symbols are because they are present for specific and well-defined christian mythological personifications. You must present something to counter this - instead you provide nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
*Sigh*

Okay, so the area where this art is from has a small University. I've heard several first-hand, eye-witness accounts of UFOs in the area about 50 years ago, and not by crazy or primitive people, but by University students or professors who ended up in America later in their life, where I am.

No one claimed to know exactly what they were. In fact, a few had different theories, such as Russian or other military crafts (of the 1950s!) or secret government - whatever.

Others had just thought of them as some mystery.

So yes, people's own beliefs are passed down into what they see in this artwork. That is why a few of those who have witnessed them in the recent past have thought they were secret military crafts.

Now, what if they were seen in the 1400s? What would people think of them then? What if they were seen around the time of Jesus? Or before?

Of course, some would think of them as magical-mystical objects.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Extra terrestrials are real-get over it. You need an iq of 13 to NOT understand that by now.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Does this remind anyone of looking at a picture from an old movie poster and trying to guess the name of the movie?

Quick before sanity intervenes maybe its....

Close encounter of the 5th kind MARRIED!

or

Homers Odyssey the rest of the story

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join