It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean soldiers defect to China fuelling fears of imminent military clash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
many have reply with reasons on why
there is always war
nobody cant get along with anybody anymore
NK is not perfect
USA is not perfect

even Canada the safe heaven of all
is not perfect
we did stole the land from the amerindiens in the past

we do some nasty riot after the Habs clear a NHL round lol

we just need to stop pointing fingers
stop the provocations
its like my neighboor
the old lady below me have told me
when u live with neighboors around you.. the rule is
LIVE and let LIVE

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes, that is a very important piece of news. However, it didn't control people. It backfired on the gov't., and they had to pick a scapegoat and execute him.

After this went down, there were riots for the first time ever, which badly scared the NK gov't. They are now afraid of their own people, which they never were before, even in the depths of the 1990s famine. They are now afraid of losing internal control. Hence the need to keep the war-drums beating...a desperate attempt to unify a fraying order.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
North Korean propaganda seems to contradict official denials.

www.rfa.org...

SEOUL—North Korea has denied sinking a South Korean navy ship, but the regime is also circulating a propaganda poster that appears to brag about the incident in which 46 people died.

The poster, photographed by a visiting Chinese businessman, shows a helmeted North Korean sailor smashing a ship in two.

“We will smash you with a single blow if you attack!” it reads.

The businessman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that high-ranking North Korean traders he dealt with “expressed self-esteem in relation to North Korea’s military strength” and told him, “regardless of U.N. sanctions, we [North Koreans have] never stopped reacting.”

“It’s hard to understand how high-ranking officials can adamantly deny North Korea’s responsibility for the sinking of the Cheonan while propaganda posters showing a ship being broken in half by a fist are in circulation,” he said.

‘Just like the Cheonan’

According to one South Korean military expert, the vessel “broken in half in the poster is not a destroyer or another type of ship, but a corvette, just like the Cheonan.”

“North Korea appears to be using the imagery of the sinking of the Cheonan for propaganda aimed at inspiring its soldiers,” the analyst said.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

... weird poster
why would they post this ??
its like telling yes we did it
in that caricature

but i still dont think the NK sank the ship

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
ok NK is very radical and have many internal problems with poor people in many area are in famine... its a cruel country like many other place on earth ....
the best option now is to help this regime with PEACE SOLUTIONS
give them food... remove all sanctions... dont put NK on the axe of evil list ... that will be a good start to avoid war
with that kind of attidude its easy to communicate with others
its like a day to day life of many of human being ...

you provoque somebody with hostility
means you want to fight....
especially after being accused of something you didnt do

you can have 2 reactions from NK in this provocation..
1) bow to the bully guy and knee yourself before him
2) respond with a quick right to the jaw ...

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Ben81]

So you are saying that the US should give more than 500000 metric tons of food gift it already gives to NK?

Also if NK did away with its nuke program and went with the FREE cold fusion French one, reduced its army to actually feed its people with American food, and removed the military from the DMZ do you think the angry hordes would come across it?

I guess owning the largest comic book collection in the world has its own threats for I fail to see anything of worth that anyone would want from old Kim, well other than to reunite families...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

is not perfect

Canada is a safe haven? Yeah, right.

I mean, once you Canadians find out how tasty our bacon is compared to that round bologna crap you're passing off as bacon, you'll be in a shooting war with the US. Time to get dug in.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

ok NK is very radical and have many internal problems with poor people in many area are in famine... its a cruel country like many other place on earth ....
the best option now is to help this regime with PEACE SOLUTIONS
give them food... remove all sanctions... dont put NK on the axe of evil list ... that will be a good start to avoid war
with that kind of attidude its easy to communicate with others
its like a day to day life of many of human being ...

you provoque somebody with hostility
means you want to fight....
especially after being accused of something you didnt do

you can have 2 reactions from NK in this provocation..
1) bow to the bully guy and knee yourself before him
2) respond with a quick right to the jaw ...

So you are saying that the US should give more than 500000 metric tons of food gift it already gives to NK?

Also if NK did away with its nuke program and went with the FREE cold fusion French one, reduced its army to actually feed its people with American food, and removed the military from the DMZ do you think the angry hordes would come across it?

I guess owning the largest comic book collection in the world has its own threats for I fail to see anything of worth that anyone would want from old Kim, well other than to reunite families...

USA gave 500000 metric tons of food to NK
that would be a first to me

i didnt know NK would first accept that from the USA

about the nukes NO ONES especially the USA shouldnt have nukes anymore ... why are they not banned ? .... why the USA arsenal was multiply by hundred ...after what it did to the japanese
those weapons are the destroyers of worlds
no one should have them Iran NK Israel US India Pakistan
the last 4 of them have more than a hundred in their armory

ANYONE in the world can feel treatened by them
just thinking that someone have them
Nukes are for offense not defense ... they kill by millions in a one shot
making a waste of a land that nothing will ever grow there for a long time

USA have many other weapons they need to make an exemple
every one will follow
in the human history the first country who used them to destroy cities should be the first one to ban them

but nuclear technology should remain
to make medical isotop and electricity
and everyone should have that tech in the modern society of today
just thinking some country who have them can sell them

(who have the largest comic book collection in the world ??? you or kim lol ) didnt get that clear

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

is not perfect

I mean, once you Canadians find out how tasty our bacon is compared to that round bologna crap you're passing off as bacon, you'll be in a shooting war with the US. Time to get dug in.

LOLLL give you a stars for that
our bacon is crap but we have the best maple sirup

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Foreign Assistance to North Korea
www.au.af.mil...
GAO FOREIGN ASSISTANCE North Korea Restricts Food Aid Monitoring
www.globalsecurity.org...
US Aid Programs to North Korea - US Assistance to North Korea
fpc.state.gov...
North Korea Rejects US Food Aid
www.koreatimes.co.kr...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I do not see why people do not see what i see, it is in front of your eyes. NORTH KOREA, IRAN , VENEZUELLA, CUBA, AND OTHER SMALL COUNTRIES, are used as lap dogs to start a conflict. IT IS THE COLD WAR ALL OVER AGAIN. Find or build a bunker now while you still can.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
I do not see why people do not see what i see, it is in front of your eyes. NORTH KOREA, IRAN , VENEZUELLA, CUBA, AND OTHER SMALL COUNTRIES, are used as lap dogs to start a conflict. IT IS THE COLD WAR ALL OVER AGAIN. Find or build a bunker now while you still can.

small country are usualy proxy from big empire
smalls wars can lead to big wars

this is what im afraid

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

USA gave 500000 metric tons of food to NK
that would be a first to me

i didnt know NK would first accept that from the USA

Well Google is your friend checkout what NK gets...

about the nukes NO ONES especially the USA...snip....

My point is NK created their problems and continues to feed them (not their people). No one would bother them or have an issue if they didn't do the things they do.

(who have the largest comic book collection in the world ??? you or kim lol ) didnt get that clear

You seem to defend NK without knowing much about them. Kim has the largest comic book collection in the world and most likely the largest Harem (or whatever it might be called in Korean) He is an idiot that cares little as his population starves by his actions or inactions. Between China, America, and Europe the people get some food after his well fed army eats first. There is no life there, just existence.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

ahahahah just learned it ... didnt know about this huge collection
i know the guy is insane .. that is some major indication

who knows .. maybe its a gift for his son ... cant confirm this

he is also a war criminal with mountains of $$$$
and people under him are suffering each days with famine especially ...
thats why NK needs a regime change ... but
i dont think US with SK will make a Irak#2 and later hang Kim like Saddam
thats why the only choice with this situation
you cant label NK in a axis of evil and put sanctions on the country....
it will only worsen things and make the NK population suffer more

i have analyse many international subject .. im not just throwing some stuff around like this...
but whoever did that attack on the SK warship vessel and killing 46good men will suffer the consequence
all i have see so far is just another false flag op media propaganda
my deep instinct tells me it was NOT NK who attacked the SK ship

since 9/11 (conspiracy theory) like this have been labelled CONSPIRACY to hide the truth ... USS liberty happened .. nobody was punished ..
the NK have no reasons to make a new war
this attack on the SK vessel was aimed at the NK
its like 9/11... the attack on the twin tower was aimed for Afghanistan and Irak ... worldwide media just swallowed the official story
guess who is between Irak and Afghanistan ???
thats right Iran !!!!

i have evoluated to a points where lies are not accepted anymore in me
why so many lies .. especially since 9/11 ...
did the depopulation protocols (NWO theory) was activated or what
we are in those time ... just before 2012 .. coincidence ? ...i can smell the heat coming ... thats why WE NEED TO QUESTION EVERYTHINGS
i can feel almost the pain from all the people suffering worldwide..
why can i feel that ??? because
we are all egual ... many people today dont think that ...
and that breaks my heart
this is the main sources of all problems on earth
many thinks they are more superior to other
and other are subhuman..
well they are WRONG ... hope they can learn that in another life
before being completely awoken ...

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Ben81]

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

ahahahah just learned it ... didnt know about this huge collection
i know the guy is insane .. that is some major indication

who knows .. maybe its a gift for his son ... cant confirm this

He is so nutty I think he will want to be buried with it...hehe

I dont think US with SK will make a Irak#2 and later hang Kim like Saddam
thats why the only choice with this situation
you cant label NK in a axis of evil and put sanctions on the country....
it will only worsen things and make the NK population suffer more

I think he could go to China and live out his days if he wanted too, but power is more important to these people than money, Saddam was the same way..

but whoever did that attack on the SK warship vessel and killing 46good men will suffer the consequence
all i have see so far is just another false flag op media propaganda
my deep instinct tells me it was NOT NK who attacked the SK ship

The fact that war didn't start over it kind of indicates NK did it, and they have a history of actions like this.

since 9/11 (conspiracy theory) like this have been labelled CONSPIRACY to hide the truth ... USS liberty happened .. nobody was punished ..
the NK have no reasons to make a new war
this attack on the SK vessel was aimed at the NK

They didn't have a reason to shoot missiles over Japan either a few years back. They continue to threaten the region all the time with a show of force. Kim likes to be in the news and when things calm down he does stupid #….

i can smell the heat coming ... thats why WE NEED TO QUESTION EVERYTHINGS

Well to me it looks like we do question everything and nothing is assumed as it really appears, but I think with NK a nut job is a nut job...hehe

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

is not perfect

OMG I had a hard time containing myself after reading this one. So true and sooooo funny.

And Ben81...your right Canada does make the best Maple syrup.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Don't forget the beer!
Canada has great suds.

North Korea/Kimmy obviously wants something. We'll just have to sit and wait for their demands. In the name of peace he usually gets what he demands.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

everyone taking part of any killing is a war criminal to me
i have no respect for the guy or the NK guy kim junk hill
they both are insane ...

You admit that you think they are both insane yet you use one's professed innocence and the other's accusation that the U.S. did it as proof positive that NK had nothing to do with the Cheonan? Yeah, because that makes sense...

As far as the above comment that the U.S. supplied NK with "advanced" weapons (I'm assuming it was supposed to be North Korea, don't know who H.K. is supposed to be), I'd really like to see some backing for this. So the U.S. deals in Russian-built T-80s, Chinese built diesel subs and AK-47s now do they?

I'll be the first to admit that the U.S. has a shoddy track record in foreign relations, over the last 10 years especially - and don't get me started on just how fubar the Iraq invasion was.

Apologists for North Korea however are an entirely different beast. Their leadership, their military have made unsolicited threat after unsolicited threat towards S. Korea, the U.S., Japan, the U.N. for DECADES since the armistice was signed - throwing temper tantrums every single time the rest of the world didn't capitulate to their demands for more aid, more money, like petulant children that have found their father's gun then run next door with it demanding a cup of sugar "or else" and the west is the problem?

Good luck with that...

On topic however, I'll say that I honestly think the OP needs to relax - soldiers defecting to China or anywhere else doesn't mean war is imminent. If it did then NK would've sparked at least eight wars in Asia alone over the last 30 years.

All it means IMO is that these guys were sick and tired of living under a crap regime and not having enough to eat.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

the word UPSURGE capted my attention
when you see an upsurge ... something really bad happened ? and people are fleeing ...
or many people had good sources or indications that NK will strike ...
it will make an upsurge in the population defecting to other place
its a sign ... might not be tomorrow on in a week
its just a very bad indice that
TROUBLES RIGHT AHEADS

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Edward Bernaise the knig of spin, Freud's nephew , the guy who made it OK for women to smoke, and die fat and full of cancer, made bacon and eggs the all American breakfast while working for the pork producers of America...

So American bacon is really just an exersise In propoganda, and probably responible for half the heart attacks and a huge chunk of the cancer deaths in north American...gives eating a bullet a whole new meaning.

Good stuff
eat lots.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

If Iran can't have nuclear technology because they might build nuclear weapons explain this....
PS ...if you want to see the proof of something use GOOGLE....
takes two seconds...

Rumsfeld was on ABB board during deal with North Korea

Swiss stand sentinel on last Cold War divide
Donald Rumsfeld, the US secretary of defence, was on the board of technology giant ABB when it won a deal to supply North Korea with two nuclear power plants.
Weapons experts say waste material from the two reactors could be used for so-called “dirty bombs”.

The Swiss-based ABB on Friday told swissinfo that Rumsfeld was involved with the company in early 2000, when it netted a $200 million (SFr270million) contract with Pyongyang.

www.swissinfo.ch...

Also Rumsfeld was on the board of serle when they got aspartame approved....which is, will, and has, killed more Americans than NK ever will.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join