It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean soldiers defect to China fuelling fears of imminent military clash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

North Korean soldiers defect to China fuelling fears of imminent military clash

www.telegraph.co.uk

The defectors have claimed that senior members of the party and the armed forces were stockpiling provisions, another indication that the regime is steeling itself for a military confrontation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.france24.com

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Indication : NK wants to kick US butt very hard
Why :
1) NK knows USA or other allies have sink the ship to create a war
2) USA keep putting weapons at the DMZ border
3) Castro have accused the USA in the sinking of the SK ship
4) NK still dont have any access to the case
5) UN,US,SK are still accusing/suspecting the NK in the world media news
6) both countries are still at war
7) NK wanted to sign a peace treaty with the US last january
(see the link from france24)
etc etc ...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ok NK is very radical and have many internal problems with poor people in many area are in famine... its a cruel country like many other place on earth ....
the best option now is to help this regime with PEACE SOLUTIONS
give them food... remove all sanctions... dont put NK on the axe of evil list ... that will be a good start to avoid war
with that kind of attidude its easy to communicate with others
its like a day to day life of many of human being ...

you provoque somebody with hostility
means you want to fight....
especially after being accused of something you didnt do

you can have 2 reactions from NK in this provocation..
1) bow to the bully guy and knee yourself before him
2) respond with a quick right to the jaw ...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81the best option now is to help this regime with PEACE SOLUTIONS
give them food... remove all sanctions... dont put NK on the axe of evil list ... that will be a good start to avoid war

Yeah, like US/SK/UN hasn't tried that approach. 4 years ago they dismantled their Nuclear Facilities.. Sanctions were lifted, tons of aid was flown in.. but that wasn't good enough and they restarted their Nuclear Programme and ACTUALLY TESTED 2 bombs and DIRECTLY threatened SK and US with nuclear warfare but nothing was done... then they executed long range missile tests and defied the UN, still nothing was done.. then they attacked a SK ship and NOTHING was done, except more sanctions..

Only war to earn peace is to win the war.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Who provoked who? About every two years the Democratic Republic of Korea provokes South Korea and the United States. It usually involves artillery over the DMZ, or perhaps "raids" through tunnels under the DMZ.
This time, with the sinking of the South Korean naval vessel, they may have gone too far. The US sunk the ship??? Okay, now I know where you're coming from.
Personally, I think the US, South Korea and Japan should put a TOTAL quarantine around North Korea. No food, medical supplies, nothing. We can't close the border with China, but the Chinese are not going to cause financial trouble for themselves just to protect North Korea. Naturally, this will not happen. The west has turned into a collective of gutless hand-wringers who refuse to defend their own interests for fear of insulting disfunctional, inferior cultures.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Indication : NK wants to kick US butt very hard
Why :
1) NK knows USA or other allies have sink the ship to create a war
2) USA keep putting weapons at the DMZ border
3) Castro have accused the USA in the sinking of the SK ship
4) NK still dont have any access to the case
5) UN,US,SK are still accusing/suspecting the NK in the world media news
6) both countries are still at war
7) NK wanted to sign a peace treaty with the US last january
(see the link from france24)
etc etc ...

Wow, you got all that from 5 starving soldiers going into China looking for food.

I use tea leaves myself, sometimes the crystal ball only shows flying monkeys and some girl with a dog.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

they did wanted peace in the past (2010 january peace offer)
and now this "somebody" trying to provoque a war by shinking a SK ship and accuse it to the world that NK did it ...
the "NO i dont want peace with NK" from USA is insane
SK and NK civilians ... they will suffer the most
i really think they didnt sink that SK warship
you will know if they attack anything ...
North Korea will not hide it .. thats for sure

i would be really angry
if somebody accused me of something

so i beleive NK will strike first because of all the recent provocations
and that why they are making huge provision
maybe a greenlight time frame was given to the army to prepare before the date ... ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256
reply to post by Ben81

Who provoked who? About every two years the Democratic Republic of Korea provokes South Korea and the United States. It usually involves artillery over the DMZ, or perhaps "raids" through tunnels under the DMZ.
This time, with the sinking of the South Korean naval vessel, they may have gone too far. The US sunk the ship??? Okay, now I know where you're coming from.
Personally, I think the US, South Korea and Japan should put a TOTAL quarantine around North Korea. No food, medical supplies, nothing. We can't close the border with China, but the Chinese are not going to cause financial trouble for themselves just to protect North Korea. Naturally, this will not happen. The west has turned into a collective of gutless hand-wringers who refuse to defend their own interests for fear of insulting disfunctional, inferior cultures.

the SK and NK is so complexe
its like the Palestian people and the Israelis

they are on the brink of war and the provocations continue from both parties
but both parties have they problems
any killing in the world is so wrong
but provocation to kill is worst ....

UN didnt accused directly NK on this... because many evidences were missing or not conclusive

some rumors are that a Mossad from Israel or or USA which usualy are in those waters....(castro did mention usa was part of this in the sinking)
even a old mines is a speculations...
many things are more than more pointing to the obvious ...
that this was a false flag operation aimed to make war between NK and SK
i think USA can do more and accept any peace talk like the one in january
so no more killing and bombing will happen
why is that so complicated

Elect me 4 Prez and i will put peace on earth
that a promise

but Obama cant continu this provocation
it will only finish in big wars :S
and I DONT WANT THAT
because its bad
Evil wants war all the time

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

"An upsurge in the number of North Korean soldiers defecting into China fuelled fears of food shortages and an imminent military clash. "

its more than 5 now

i dont think they will defect if they didnt had any good reasons ...
like i do they beleive NK will strike first
many from the NK army doesnt wish that
its a good way to prevent something before it can happen

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The North Koreans, both civilians and soldiers had long been defecting for decades. More so now with not enough food to go round.

Nothing to be alarmed about. Nothing new. Move along now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Castro coming out and blaming the US for the sinking of the souths ship does nothing but make himself look senile (crazy form old age). And you defending his possition doesn't help your cause very much. It's not every day I hear someone defending North Korea. You sure your not working incagnito for them?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

The North Koreans, both civilians and soldiers had long been defecting for decades. More so now with not enough food to go round.

Nothing to be alarmed about. Nothing new. Move along now.

ya we know that ....

its the upsurge who is alarming and new
and many of them telling that a imminent war is on its way
everybody there are making huge provision ... thats is new

making provision = "preparing" that the supermarket next to your house may close if the war break out

you would do the same if your governement tell you to prepare
its for a good reason ...

many NK are just defecting to SK to alert friends or familly members
or perhaps to see them one last time ...
its a speculation of course
but i can see the heat coming .. its pointing to it
now it just need a little spark like with Iran
and we will have 2 huges war

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Personally, I think N Korea needs a good butt whooping. I dont even really see why the US would need to get involved beyond a little intelligence and such. The South would wipe them out in no time.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything Castro said. The same day Castro is releasing poliitical prisoners he helps Venezuela arrest political prisoners.

Opposition groups say Pena was arrested for political reasons. Unoamerica, a group headed by Pena, said Tuesday his arrest "is part of a Cuban operation that looks to link opposition leaders with terrorist acts."

Chavez critics have said Cubans are heavily involved in the Venezuelan military and also are playing a key role in intelligence, communications and other areas.

www.cnn.com...

And don't forget Venezuela went to Guatemala and kidnapped Francisco Chávez Abarca for Cuba.

The wife of the Salvadoran citizen Francisco Chávez Abarca, who is currently arrested in Venezuela where he has been accused of "terrorism," did not rule out that he was "abducted" in Guatemala by a group of Venezuelans and taken to the South American country.

"He was in Guatemala; in fact, he told me that his telephone card was running out of balance and that he would call me later. How is it possible that he appears overnight in Venezuela?" said his wife Karla Guadalupe Trigueros, a Salvadoran online newspaper reported on Monday.

According to the Venezuelan government, Francisco Chávez Abarca was a "close associate" to anti-Castro activist Luis Posada Carriles, convicted in Venezuela for the bombing of a Cuban airplane in 1976.

english.eluniversal.com...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
reply to post by Ben81

Castro coming out and blaming the US for the sinking of the souths ship does nothing but make himself look senile (crazy form old age). And you defending his possition doesn't help your cause very much. It's not every day I hear someone defending North Korea. You sure your not working incagnito for them?

defending ... NEVER ..
but i understand why they are angry
its like the blockade of Cuba and all the sanctions against Iran
and now this accusations that NK sank the SK warship
USA have interfered enought ...
i want my friendly neightboor back

1 billions $ to protects the G20 in toronto (10m would have been enought)
who pushed Canada to have that massive amount of cash spended in 3 days ... ?
with 1 billions $ we could feed 1 billions mouths .... HELLO

im just pissed at Obama
i really though with is kind words before the election
would make him the real president the USA diserve
its just same old Bush doctrine
just the smile changed nothing more

i wish the usa would get out of the ME and SK
that would be the biggest achievement for a peace deal
no more WW3 at the horizon... less conspiracies
ATS would have to close lol

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

oh Castro have his war crimes
everyone taking part of any killing is a war criminal to me
i have no respect for the guy or the NK guy kim junk hill
they both are insane ...
im a neutral person i would not turn a blind eye on them or close my ears... if they speak i will listen to them
with a skeptik and open mind ... like always

like i have listen to many Obama speech or the recent queen Elizabeth speech ...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most people are aware of how this works:

When dealing with North Korea, we are dealing with a totalitarian state. The 'deals' and 'agreements' you broker with them are deals and agreements brokered with a handful of people who happen to control everything.

When you impose sanctions, blockades, and resolution you starve children and destroy what little social support that keeps the majority of the poverty-stricken subjects alive.

Economic war is war nonetheless.

The only difference is, in an economic war, the leaders remain untouched, only the people suffer. Since the leaders are not 'part' of the people, you accomplish little.

It's easy to be cast as the big bad bully when you do that to a nation.

Whatever happens, whether North Korea lashes out or not, has nothing to do with the Korean people, and EVERYTHING to do with their elite caste of 'super' leaders... starting with little Kim (maybe.)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

As long as N.K has / creates tension they have a " bargaining chip " the minute hostilities break out they lose that chip , unless in there mind they can capture Soul in the very first days of any armed conflict .

I can't help but think that if any fighting does break out we will most likely see little Kimmy get taken out by his own generals then N.K will sue for peace under new leadership .

On a side note , perhaps it was rouge generals that sunk the S.K ship to create an atmosphere in which they could depose little Kimmy

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

We also got to remember this is Lil Kims sons "trail period-" they are weaning him into the job of his father over the last year or two-apparently the generals,and lil kim like what they see in him,including his aggression.

He gets to make moves these days,probably egged on by maniacal generals,while his ailing father probably just gets wheeled in from time to time to give the nod on certain desicions(IMO).

There is no confirmed photograph of him as an adult.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I guess this faceless spawn of kimmy could turn out to be the perfect new bogeyman if TPTB play it right...a young unhinged commie nutball may be easier to mess with than a seasoned mad commie like Lil Kim...

Hope I am wrong,as usual...

[edit on 15/7/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
After all the times the US gov has been caught lying I can't believe anyone puts faith in anything the officail story says.

Hell, the US guv can't even tell the truth about Arizona according to the recent law suit. The US gove is treating them at about the same level as N korea...for upholding the Law.

How did HK get advanced weapons again...Oh yeah, RUMSFELD the flying monkey.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join