It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted by YouTube: Video seen by 2m proves police officer who claimed cyclist ran into him was LYING

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

And people say Alex Jones is a crackpot.

In many instances, he is a crackpot.

He misunderstands some very basic things in an effort to bolster another of his theories. If he just calmed down a little and admitted that there are some things that just don't make sense yet, instead of trying to weave everything into his NWO theories, he might have a little more credibility in my mind.

A good example of this was the "FEMA death camps" that he still insists on banging on about, even though it's been proven time and again to be complete BS.
The fact of the matter is that they wouldn't need to imprison so many, they can do that without camps. And they can do it without the man power or the drain on resources that such camps would require.

And, back on topic, I'm glad there is a clear result to this story. I often see things like this that infuriate me and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. I hate that.
I like to see resolutions to these things, so thanks OP for providing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was discovered the cop in question walked right into the middle of the street (off to the camera's right side in the vid on Pg. 1 of this thread) and intentionally baited him into running into him and when the cyclist went to avoid him the cop speared him off his bike then tried to claim he was being belligerent and trying to get the cyclist to pick a fight with him. Bystanders and a couple of security videos from the neighbourhood backed up the cyclists story and the cop was fired in 2008.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is just one of the reasons why they have made it a crime to film police, with or without consent in many states in the US.
How can they get away with their excesses if we film them? They can't, so they just make it a crime to record their activities.
POLICE STATE ANYONE?

And people say Alex Jones is a crackpot.

You are correct, and have you noticed that the MSM doesn't make a stink over that. Since it's a public place I can film whatever I want, but now the cops call it wiretaping or whatever law to be able to arrest you. Even the judges don't really think anything of this they like it. You even hear of cops specifically going after people filming them and destroying the camera and tape, and then the judge thinking nothing is wrong with that it was broke or lost in the furthering of the cops duty. When any layman knows that the cops where attempting to hide and destroy evidence of their malfeseance. Our country is a police state, big time and the ones that think they are on the winning side better think about what happens in a police state. For a time you are until your no longer needed and then they arrest you on trumped up charges and disappear you and possibly your family. And if their is a power change in the leadership, the old guard and his minions get thrown out/ sent to the "reeducation camps".

A police state isn't safe for anyone, eventually you end up on the wrong side of the police state and you disappear. Our police have become attack dogs and they know it. Our courts have become money making machines and the judges know it. Our govt. has become so inept that the only thing they are allowed to do is make sure the military is strong and the police is strong. Just like any third world the military and the police is what enforces the will of the nuvo elite.

You will know that your in a police state when your wife or mother or whatever female comes home and starts to act strange. She doesn't want to go out as much and/or dresses down. And this is because she's being harrassed by a govt. official and/or an enforcer of the govt. official. She has either been threatened or been told you will do this or that otherwise we will do this to your family. And she knowing that their is know one to turn to and fearing for her family and her husband will act like she's been beaten and crushed, and will do things and not tell any males in her family to protect them.

You know your in a police state when your father or husband or brother or even grandfather starts to talk more and more about emmigrating to Argentina or Japan or Europe or where ever. Because it has dawned on them that they are now the little people and they have been demasculated as a man. Can't protect their family and fear even going out.

You see a police state is a dangerous dangerous system in the hands of fools and the naive and even the intelligent. Because it brings out the worst in people and the worst in a govern society.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The OP link doesn't appear to be working.

So no prison time for that scum? He needs to be made an example, like cops like him like to do to most everyone they encounter.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRJ58
I sure am glad the cyclist is ok. And I'm glad the donut grazer got caught in his lie. The cop probably beats his wife while he soaks his miserable life in alcohol.

I'm guessing that this pig is a janitor at an elementary school somewhere now, probably bullying the little kids.

Imagine the humiliation that he caused to his wife and kids. He must be so proud.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Critical mass protesting BP:

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't know what I can add aside to say that it is always nice to see justice prevail. The cop straight up assaulted this man and tried to lie/cover it up.

Which was stupid to attempt to do, considering there was BOUND to be tons of cameras around....

You know, as more and more cameras pop up, it creates the illusion that there are more and more brutality cases, but, really there is the same amount, there are just more cameras around to catch it.

That said, most cops are great. There are a few bad apples that ruin it for the rest though. This is one, and justice has been served.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That said, most cops are great. There are a few bad apples that ruin it for the rest though.

I used to think this way also but as long as the "Blue code" exist and the good cops cover for their bad brothers instead of turning them in, then the whole barrel is rotten.

Internal affairs has become a joke.

There needs to be citizen review boards to oversee those sworn to "protect and serve"

"I don't pay taxes to buy lies!!!!!"...............Val

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I honestly don't have a problem with the cop doing this. I've worked in Boulder, CO most of my career, and I've seen so many incidents where these "Critical Mass" bozos have caused problem. In fact, I've seen one incident where a group of them blocked an ambulance from passing. They kept the road blocked, while the ambulance tried to get past. They'd move from side to side, not letting it pass.

It's pretty simple, SHARE THE ROAD. That's the motto. However, there is a large segment of this group that doesn't want to "share". Instead, they want to monopolize.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hardly see this as uncommon considering lying is pretty much a prerequisite for being a police officer. Anyone that doesn't see that has never had to deal with them on a regular basis - their entire job relies on tricking people into admission of guilt.

There are so many problems with law enforcement in the States, I could go on about this for hours. I was once a member of NAISSO which is a car club for 94-96 Impala SS owners. A lot of its' core members at the time were law enforcement, and I had a lot of opportunities to talk with them at shows. I am still very good friends with quite a few of them, but the tl;dr version: They filled me in on a lot of the things they do as cops and I was disgusted that they can get away with as much as they do.

I guess corruption is the price civilians pay for peace though... the Justice System may be full of holes, but I'll take that over social anarchy (unless I happen to be the one in the orange jumpsuit).

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's pretty much every police officer in Revere,MA
They punch 12-14 year old kids in the face as if they are grown men for getting in house detention and such(I know this for a fact because I was assaulted many times by them growing up). I've reported them to a number of people my parents, my teachers, principle yet they never were fired(I along with my 7th grade teacher witnessed two police officers tackle and repeatedly punch and kick a 15 year old kid NOT RESISTING IN SCHOOL and they weren't punished).

I'd say 6 out of 10 cops in the US are decent, the rest are pure corrupt trash and that's being generous.

Police aren't held accountable for most of the stuff they do, so they feel as thou they are entitled to such behaviors.

I don't like the police and I sure as heck don't trust any of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That said, most cops are great. .

No they're not.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I honestly don't have a problem with the cop doing this. I've worked in Boulder, CO most of my career, and I've seen so many incidents where these "Critical Mass" bozos have caused problem. In fact, I've seen one incident where a group of them blocked an ambulance from passing. They kept the road blocked, while the ambulance tried to get past. They'd move from side to side, not letting it pass.

It's pretty simple, SHARE THE ROAD. That's the motto. However, there is a large segment of this group that doesn't want to "share". Instead, they want to monopolize.

Interesting position - advocating unprovoked violence by the authority of the state against citizens exercising their rights ........... you might want to read some history books and find out exactly where that ends up - as history has a pretty strong track record on this issue and it is always the same place - somewhere you don't want to be and would be ashamed to have ever even gone there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

they have made it a crime to film police, with or with out consent in many states in the US.

I am very surprised! I had a cop come over to my car and bold face lie to me, and wrote the innocent party up for being at fault in a traffic accident. I witnessed these same 'law enforcement' officers stationed under that overpass, raising money for the city by issuing tickets all day, whether the parties are wrong or not. I was planning on filming this to use in my defense. Now you are saying it could be forbidden? And Ialso want to have their police car trunk searched for 'clean' evidence to plant. I understand that this is now common among the 'good guys'. Premeditated murder, among other things. I am in California, San Diego to be exact. The most corrupt city government in the US. Illegal here? Suggestion as to what I could do?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Good find, LF08.

That video was horrendous.
I watched it a while back.
To see that cop try and fight the charges....

Plain as day he pushed that biker.
There is a good reason to have cameras!
If he was a real man, he would've watched where he was walking.

I don't think I'd walk into a streaming crowd of bikers.

Kind of stupid? Yep.
Bad thing of it is, states across the USSA are trying to enforce the dual consent recording laws they are coming up with.
Meaning, in court, if both parties didn't have consent, they can throw the video out.
Some states already have this law in effect.

So if I am drunk driving or commit a crime I can just say I do not consent to the police officers video and they will through out the tape even if it clearly shows I am guilty? I guess that's pretty if we can also do this.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
I'm so glad things like this are being caught on camera and exposing some of the scumbags that abuse their position of authority.

This is precisely why the police don't like being filmed.

Because they have to obey the rules also if they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Legal or not, I would rather record the event and post it on YouTube and chance going down for it than have some monkey get away with tarnishing my good name. I'm sure none of my peers would fault me for having a criminal record for turning a dirty cop in.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Yes, true.

The cop is obviously bent, but what puzzles me, is why he singled out that particular cyclist? There were many others that rode by before he did, so why pick him out for 'justice'?

Strange.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Overall, i'd say the majority of police do a good job and pretty much a thankless one.

Having said that, there seems to be a disturbing increase in corrupt officers, not just in the states, but everywhere.

If i were a police officer, i'd feel ashamed when this sort of thing happened.
I would NOT hesitate to turn in a cop who was doing such things.

If there are 7 out of 10 cops who are decent and try the best to uphold the law and go about their job in a fair and lawful manner, why the hell do they allow the minority of rot to fester among them?

I realise there is a 'brotherhood' of sorts, because of the uniform and so on, but that should only go so far.
If the good cops, allow the corrupt cops to get away with the crap they do, they are guilty by association.

I think the other cop in this clip should also be prosecuted too. He saw the whole thing, and obviously kept his mouth shut, effectively perverting the course of justice, and lying (if by omission, it's still a lie) to back up his buddy.

It really beats me how the good cops allow the scum to operate.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree, just like every image/recording a public camera takes should be publicly available.

We paid taxes for it, so it's in our right to use the same videos to defend ourselves.

I do hope that cases like these make sure that less of these types of people join the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join