It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted by YouTube: Video seen by 2m proves police officer who claimed cyclist ran into him was LYING

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Did you really watch the video, or simply project onto it what you wanted to see - or maybe your just sayin what you've been instructed to?

If you really LOOK at what happened, you will see the Police Officer RUN towards the cyclist..and actively PUSH him off his bike. He made contact with his HANDS, with his ARMS RAISED and he DELIBERATELY PUSHED. He didn't trip, he didn't fall, he had to HURRY to get to him before the cyclist had passed him and was out of reach.

Not to mention that the Offend-icer was SUPPOSED to be doing his DUTY of PROTECTING the public, because he is PAID by the PUBLIC, (you know, government PUBLIC spending) to protect them - ie. THE PUBLIC.

As a PUBLIC SERVANT he should have gotten out of the way, BEEN RESPECTFUL, HONEST AND NON-VIOLENT.

Ok, bud, time to go get your paycheck...funded, incidentally, by THE PUBLIC!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Both officers should have lost their jobs and been arrested. One for assault and the other for conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I just thought I would correct that article.
As a cyclist and a friend of many bike couriers,I know about critical mass.
It is not a protest but a cycling event that is well known worldwide.

I don't want to call it a bike race so much as an event and its not really a protest.
Call it a cyclists pride parade if you will,but a protest....nope.

Here is critical mass from my city.
www.ottawacriticalmass.blogspot.com...

On topic...I am glad the cop was caught.

Disagree entirely - it is a protest at the take over of the streets by cars - it is about reclaiming the streets for pedestrians and cyclists - totally disagree- we have them in every city on earth - and it is all about protesting cars.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

POLICE STATE ANYONE?
And people say Alex Jones is a crackpot

Alex Jones *IS* a crackpot.

Just because he said some truth on a few topics doesn't mean he's not a whacked out loon.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by arpanet

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
... and what the video didn't show was the cyclist pulling out his dick and waving it to the young girls in the crowed.

Is this an assumption? Don't get me wrong I like where your thoughts are, because reality and perception are very often two different things. That statement being true could potentially make this thread go 180 degrees!

Way to use your brain and not go on a cop bashing rampage (too soon)

Really?

There is no proof of this, and frankly, it's irrelevant.

What you mean to say is that you have no proof of it, so your decision is based on incomplete facts.

It's irrelevant because the officer claimed the cyclist assaulted him,

... and do you ALWAYS side with cops?

and the cyclist was charged for it. He could have been put behind bars based on the lie of the cop. That clearly didn't happen, as evidenced by the video.

... and the cop could have lost his job because the guy videotaping the biker was in cahoots with the biker, who was waving his privates all over the place and heavily intoxicated.

I find that accusation to be complete crap. Do you see how fast he moved in on the guy? Even *if* the cyclist did something like that, it is unlikely the officer would have saw it in time, let alone be able to move on him accurately in such an event.

The officer was obviously INTIMIDATING the biker, but you can CLEARLY see the biker take the posture of someone who attempting to ram the cop with his shoulder. In the SPLIT-SECOND as this body-language exchange takes places (cop intimidates, biker reacts with posturing and physically swerves toward the cop) the distance is too short for anything but to vilify the officer.

What *I* saw, was the cop basically just picking a random cyclist out of the crowd and slamming him off his bike.

Correct. That is what you saw. It's exactly what the video showed.
Your problem is that you can't imagine anything before the video or after the video.

Way to use your brain and not go on a cop bashing rampage (too soon)

Oh, and keep the stupid drama to yourself. He could have easily killed the guy.

So why didn't he? Is he not the complete monster you paint him to be?

But by all means, if you folks have video proof of your wild claims to exonerate such a worthless human being, then go right ahead, post it. We're all waiting.

We're just intelligence enough to realize that if you show the videotape someone slaughtering a chicken then it looks pretty gruesome... until you know the back story about eating, surviving, and all that.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Did you really watch the video, or simply project onto it what you wanted to see - or maybe your just sayin what you've been instructed to?

If you really LOOK at what happened, you will see the Police Officer RUN towards the cyclist..and actively PUSH him off his bike. He made contact with his HANDS, with his ARMS RAISED and he DELIBERATELY PUSHED. He didn't trip, he didn't fall, he had to HURRY to get to him before the cyclist had passed him and was out of reach.

Not to mention that the Offend-icer was SUPPOSED to be doing his DUTY of PROTECTING the public, because he is PAID by the PUBLIC, (you know, government PUBLIC spending) to protect them - ie. THE PUBLIC.

As a PUBLIC SERVANT he should have gotten out of the way, BEEN RESPECTFUL, HONEST AND NON-VIOLENT.

Ok, bud, time to go get your paycheck...funded, incidentally, by THE PUBLIC!

Wow, I hope you've never tuned into an episode of COPS halfway through the chase, otherwise you might think the drunk guy who just ran over two children just had a malfunctioning car with the gas pedal stuck and the horrible horrible policemen are trying to blow up the car by shooting its tires!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This kind of action from the police deserves this kind of response - www.youtube.com...
If more of the public stood up to these animals in mass when witnessing excess violence, they (the Po-lice) would think twice about their conduct...absolutely disgraceful

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This is just one of the reasons why they have made it a crime to film police, with or without consent in many states in the US.
How can they get away with their excesses if we film them? They can't, so they just make it a crime to record their activities.
POLICE STATE ANYONE?

And people say Alex Jones is a crackpot.

well we all know about what the UK is turning into ! filming police is Illegal and security cameras in every corner scanning you 1984 anyone! Minority Report! Anyone !

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh Dear...

It seems that the american Rednecks are out in force again....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Video Cameras = The best form of Internal Affairs. Awesome job YouTube! I see you're doing more than zit popping videos and street fight vdieos!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Clearly the police officer was wrong.

The cyclist was not hurt and was paid $65,000 dollars.

The cop lost his job as a result of his actions. I think that the city should push for an assault charge against the office and sue him for the $65,000 plus court costs and legal fees.

If enough bad cops end up paying the costs associated with their crimes, then perhaps they would think a little more before they act.

I think they should also have a little special sauce for cops in this position - whatever false charges he tried to put on the guy should be added to his sentence. Here's your four years, Mr Cop, and oh by the way, we would have given the guy 10 for assaulting a cop, so now you'll do 14. Sucks to be you.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I had some thoughts on the subject that I don't think have been mentioned.

1) What if the two cops were TAKING SIDE MONEY as a paid AGENT PROVOCATEURS ??? Who would they be working for and why?

-------------

2) I attempted to channel johnny badge's mentality from the perspective that he was NOT an agent provocateur, but did indeed believe that he was doing his job;

this was difficult for me, because I'm admittedly not a cop lover, but here's what I come up with:

He witnessed the individual riding with no hands; a moving violation
He ordered him to pull over
He martyred his body to see to it the man had no means to escape;
preventing the biker from fleeing from his "no hands" ticket.
Contact was made and both the cop and biker leaned into it to absorb impact.
The biker never heard the order and was trying to avoid impact until the very end.
Cop gave warning, move to block passage, and then was from his perspective:
"assaulted" by a biking "protester" looking to flee.
Kind of like a in car cop using his front bumper to perform a "PIT maneuver" to force a runaway driver off the road

(the no-hands part was mentioned in the original article)

wiki: pit maneuver

en.wikipedia.org...

The most common meanings are Precision Immobilization Technique, Pursuit Immobilization Technique, Pursuit Intervention Technique, Parallel Immobilization Technique, and Precision Intervention Tactic. In each case, the meaning is clear, no matter how the acronym is explained. Other names for the same maneuver are Tactical Vehicle Intervention (TVI), tactical ramming, legal intervention, and fishtailing. This method is mostly used to end a car chase more safely.

[]

most departments limit its use to only the most high-risk scenarios. Most departments specify that the PIT should only be used to stop pursuits that are immediately dangerous and ongoing. When possible, three pursuers should be present when a PIT is executed

Just some what ifs and side notes... in no way am I taking any side... just playing the devils advocate for debate.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't see why some people think this is a victory against police brutality. Suppose I saw a cop riding a bicycle. I decide to shoulder-block him and claim he assaulted me, but the incident was videotaped. Could I expect my punishment to be the loss of my job and to have the taxpayers pay any fines?

Odds are this ex-cop will wind up working for another police department somewhere else. Maybe he can go to California and shoot an handcuffed suspect in the back for resisting arrest, or go to Texas and join an extortion racket.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

They have more of a right to be on the road than you do in your car. You are polluting and are always in danger of killing someone. They are non-polluting and are always in danger of being killed.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

it isn't a crime to film police you can film them do anything just don't answer any of their questions like when they ask for a name as they aren't able to unless you are doing something wrong

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Regardless of this guy's job, he is a total douche as a human being. May he get terminal stomach cancer next week.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Regardless of this guy's job, he is a total douche as a human being. May he get terminal stomach cancer next week.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

I can't wait to see who the nitwit is that decides he's going to defend the actions of this officer. There's always at least one.

You must have missed it:
post by CAELENIUM

There will be more. There always are.

I was a varsity defensive tackle, easy to see that cop executed a perfectly thrown elbow block. We had pads and helmets, and those still hurt bad, especially the way I did them. And a big cop doing it to a little guy, he must have had a bad time with the little lady recently. No other reason for it, he just knew he could take out his frustrations on smaller, more vulnerable people.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I in no way agree with what the officer did was right. Strictly based on the footage it's a totally unprofessional move.

I've been in several of these critical mass events in NYC and all of the events were awesome until bike awareness got mixed in with several other protests. That's when those crazy protest everything people showed up and created a little bit of mayhem on the group path. Which at one point become completely controlled by the NYPD. Gone were the days that we randomly choose a path out of Union Square, you now follow a patrol car.

It might have been a very frustrating night there in Times Sq. The cop might have had a vague description of one of the trouble makers. The cop might have acted out due to dealing with 100's of people on bikes disobeying every traffic law in the book.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
this is normal behavior by police. The police beat you down then charge you for assaulting them.

Idk why the cop got fired for doing what he was trained to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join