It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
With all of the cynicism, and negativity on the Main Stream, and even local news, I have been desensatized to the autrocities of the world. All I see is murder, robbery, and dissenting views of our men and women of the armed forces.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/890381d7560b.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't forget, there is still good in this world.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is more bad than good, but a little good can rectify much evil. A kind act can extinguish flames, and be the catalyst for greater change.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

What a gorgeous photo, do you have the source?
S&F

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yeah, and if i were next to a growling Rottweiler, I'd give him my steak.

A diamond in a cess pool is still a *snip* situation.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
MSM? I think you mean MSN. MSN seems to censor American war crimes, not acts of kindness. The photo only makes me sad, knowing the little girl will be forced into prostitution by the acts of my government.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I wish I did. I found it on another social website with no back story.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
what? prostitution, wow where did you get that? This thread is meant to be happy, keep it that way dude.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nice picture and all...

But...

A random act of kindness doesn't do anything to change my feelings on what is going on across seas.

For all we know, that solider will follow orders the following week and blow that little girls legs off with a RPG and then move on to his next target, never knowing she died suffering in a ditch near her home.

For all we know, that girl will grow up to wear a bomb into an airport and take out a few dozen folks just trying to make it home for Christmas becuase she watched her family killed by some artillery "gone astray".

Show me any picture you want...I'm still pissed.

Not at our enemy...not at our troops...

Just get everyone home or get the job done NOW.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Yeah, and if i were next to a growling Rottweiler, I'd give him my steak.

A diamond in a cess pool is still a shi**y situation.

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

MSM? I think you mean MSN. MSN seems to censor American war crimes, not acts of kindness. The photo only makes me sad, knowing the little girl will be forced into prostitution by the acts of my government.

I don't blame either of you for feeling this way since there has been virtually no reporting on the good that has come out of some of the liberation of the middle east. You have been fed a steady diet of murder, rape, and death and your perspective is skewed. I know there are autrocities occuring, but we are not being told that there is also good happening.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Beautiful picture - thank you for sharing.

What's that the little girl is giving him? I can't see it...

peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

How do you know its not a pedo buying/bribling/grooming the child.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The young girl is handing the soldier a flower. I shrunk the image to fit on this page.

reply to post by acrux

The fact that you think this when you see the image deeply saddens me.

-E-

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MysterE]

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

For all we know, that girl will grow up to wear a bomb into an airport and take out a few dozen folks just trying to make it home for Christmas becuase she watched her family killed by some artillery "gone astray".

For all we know that little girl will grow up to be the one who solves all of the problems in middle east where she will trace it all back to the kindness of 1 soldier.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Sorry, but I would have to see some kind of proof for that prediction regarding prostitution.

Wow!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's a beautiful moment in time, and it does give a moment of hope and an illusion of feel good, but it in no way even comes close to negating what's happened and is still happening there. That same soldier might unthinkingly kill her brother or father tomorrow or even her. Or they might kill him. Sorry. There's no putting a good spin on war and occupation. And I don't think the MSM hides these types of photos either.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Don't forget, there is still good in this world.

-E-

I keep seeing pictures of rocks and children that have no armed soldiers in them at all.

I thought those were good things but whatever.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by MysterE

Funny how your mind would go to that. Think it says more of what's on your mind.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

The fact that you think this when you see the image deeply saddens me.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MysterE]

The fact that you can go candy-eyes over a propaganda shot, taken with a camera so expensive that it could buy that girl a few new homes, scares the LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME.

Know why? Because I know the majority of soft Americans feel the same way. Heck, a picture like this can get a billion people forgetting all the deaths for a few months to a year..

Throw in a puppy and Dancing with the Stars and GEE-WIZ, we just might all forget we got a war going at all!

So yeah...you are warmed by this picture, and I am driven to wanting to vomit.

You see a flower...

I see a slap in the face to ever family member, friend or citizen who has ever lost someone to this horror-show-for-cash.

Perhaps if you stopped given a damn about social network trivia and media-controlled "propaganda" you would also see what I see in that picture-

One "soon to be dead, raped or maimed" girl living in a crap-hole that is a military zone, where even if she survives her childhood- she will still live a mentally damaged life.

Giving a flower to-

A poor kid who should be home with his woman and family instead of sweating his socks off serving a power hungry Government too greedy to care.

I guess we all have a perspective.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this photo OP, what a sweet gesture, I would have teared up if that had been me. BTW, I zoomed in on the photo, and I'm pretty sure that solider is a woman.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
"For all we know, that solider will follow orders the following week and blow that little girls legs off with a RPG and then move on to his next target, never knowing she died suffering in a ditch near her home"

sad but so spot on... these soldiers have been so drugged and clockwork oranged they are capable of massive sudden mood swings..

look at the police blotters on the huge domestic abuse by returning "warriors" more like cowards.. and im a former marine sniper.. we have fought as cowards ever since Hiroshima and Nagasaki!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join