It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Thank you for the nice pic, it's to bad it turn out as good as you'd hoped.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Cute picture. The only reason we don't see many like it is because we've spent the past handful of years blowing the **** out of anything that moves in Iraq. At least a million people dead due to an unjust and blatantly illegal war and you're worried about happy fun time? I just don't get it. A couple of nice moments won't change what our military has done in Iraq.

You want to know what this little kid had before the war?

She had electricity and running water on a consistent basis. And she probably had a LOT more family members too.

We've done nothing to help the Iraqis, we've only served to worsen their situation in most cases....oh yeah, and those million or so dead too. We definitely did that.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

no, but i do now.
the images came from this site, found while googling.
teapottantrums

i thought this was a very expressive one also.

just looks like a soldier carrying a child, but look closely, it's deeper than that.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I won't be replying to any more posts in this thread. My attempt to bring a bit of happiness to the gloom and doom of ATS has backfired. I sincerely hope all of you find some happiness in your life, otherwise it's not worth living.

-E-

Perhaps I am not getting through to you. People who call themselves "enlightened" are usually in the greatest need of "expanding their perspective".

Look at this WONDERFUL MOMENT IN TIME!!! Isn't motherhood filled with bueaty?! Look how happy and proud she is of her child, and just look at that innocent child's face!

Man...it sure is GREAT TO KNOW there are good moments even in families abusing their children by brainwashing them into a machine of hate.

Now...sit and think about that.

That is what you just did.

And this thread was not about "god things happen in the world".

It was about issues in the Middle East. Hence its location in this thread.

If it was about just feeling good and stuff like that, it would be in the metaphysical forum.

The title of this thread, and its location, shows that this intentionally staged propaganda-shot hit its target right in the brain on its first shot.

Bulls-eye.

PS- How about you pretend-real hard for me- that all your kids were blown into bloody bits yesterday right down the street from this photo. Or just imagine recently learning your beloved young son isn't coming home again because he was stationed near a road block and his guts were removed by a very pesky car bomb...

After you are done doing that...go read the OP and look at that picture and get really pissed off at the most dumbest, apathetic, clueless Americans on the face of the earth.

Try that "enlightenment" on for size.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by earthdude
MSM? I think you mean MSN. MSN seems to censor American war crimes, not acts of kindness. The photo only makes me sad, knowing the little girl will be forced into prostitution by the acts of my government.
Sorry, but I would have to see some kind of proof for that prediction regarding prostitution.

Wow!

You guys are right, I should not be so negative. Thousands of young girls have been forced into prostitution from the economic problems these wars have generated. I am not making this up. They mainly work in other countries and do it just to survive. I hope that flower is a magic one and it spreads a spell to all the other soldiers that causes them to disarm and give up the "terrorist" war. I hope this girl grows to unite the world and respect each other's sovereignty.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
MSM? I think you mean MSN.

MSM= Mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You won't see this girl again, nor will you even truly care what became of her. You will use her superimposed image to sooth your apathedic, 2-dimensional, media-induced views on the war so you can continue cheering for the "good guys" while the death toll rolls.

Don't EVER pretend you know me, EVER!!!!!! My brother has served 2 tours in Iraq and Afgan., I KNOW he's not a killer, and that he has helped many of the people there over the years, so DON'T EVER ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHO I AM.
Perhaps if you could let go of some of your irrational anger you could see the small things that help people feel more normal in a land that may never be. People need these types of images to cling to instead a head full of atrocities. The OP was just trying to show that not all the people over there hate us like you do, some are very grateful. People were always coming up to my brother and thanking him.

And what media? The media that ignores everything our crazy government is doing to us right here in America?
The media that thinks Labron is important news?
The "Media" is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Thanks for the other photo, too.

Yes, that is blood under the soldiers hand on the blanket. It's a touching photograph, no matter where you stand on a particular issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

That post was so much better! I will hope, right there along side you that things change soon!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

We've got plenty of pretty little images to cling to on a daily basis. It's plastered all over the boob-tube, and in all the magazines. We're a nation comprised mainly of people who live for the next American Idol, the next Dancing With The Stars, the next 30 Rock etc etc. Maybe what the American people REALLY need is a dose of reality, a clear vision of the blood being spilled and the atrocities that our government is responsible for. Beauty surrounds us all, you just have to take the time to look for it. Every walk through the woods or trip to the beach, I am personally inundated with beautiful images....is it not so elsewhere in the country?

If I wanted pretty images, I would take a walk. I come here for the truth, because it is oft-times hidden from us. If the truth happens to be pretty, well then that's GREAT! More often than not though, it is an ugly ugly truth....but I feel that I am the better for having learned these truths.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by mpriebe81]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am so disaapointed in the lack of humanity shown by so called righteous nay sayers.

What human in their right mind would draw anything from this then a smile is just to off balance to ever be well addressed...

its just disgusting how people project their detached heartless mindsets .

but the fact that even in the face of war death and struggle. there are still humans on both side and when faced with the true menaing of humanity reach out to one anothee

all the predictions of what the soildier is going to do are sickening rpg blown off legs ive read so much bs in this thread with people saying the girl giving will be a prostitute and the soildier who by the way is some parents child whos trying to help her country and world very few join the army to do evil no matter what u disillusioned foreign freaks say just stupidity refined. i know many US aoildiers and they would sooner die then let anything bad happen to another human they are so selfless that even in dier conditions they sacrifice themselves for a cause that is larger then all of us
you people who have been trying to poke this very nice thread with a needle are sick and should yourselves look at the type of human you are .

i cant beleive i am so mad but the blatant lack of empathy and compassion is disgusting. its a beatiful jesture that has been contaminated by people pushing an agenda and talking down to all of us readers as though we are too stupid to understand no Sh.t war is horrible no Sh.t we want it to end and for the troops to come home but for gods sake what is your angle your the only human with the answers you single handidly no more then everyone else.

you are so black and vein you cant even see beauty only evil im glad all these folks ..
you know who you are! arent world leaders because we d all be doomed by your defective logic.

oh by the way this is one of the few nice threads iv seen in a while

[edit on 13-7-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks, still learning the lingo here. They do a great job of censoring flag drapped coffins. Durring VietNam I saw hundreds. Durring this war I have seen 2.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Photo ban on Iraq war dead lifted

It's still up to the families as to whether they allow them to be photographed.

reply to post by triplescorpio

War has a habit of bringing out the worst in people.

Also, don't forget that a lot of us still remember the efforts of those who supported the war masquerading as exactly the kind of post in the OP. The MSM doesn't want you to see this. The war is wonderful...they're greeting us with hearts and flowers...as liberators. So there's a little blowback from that here too I'm sure.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

the guy is a dellusional know it all who will never understand just follows the haters with sad onslaughts of anger that are clearly rooted in another matter.

He doesnt see that soildiers are peoples children that all the bad doesnt mean everthing is evil.
he sees know hope only anger and aggression its sad and it proliferates into weaker minds like a disease wich is probably how he begain to act in this manner .

a true lost soul following the band wagon to be accepted because he knows that on ats there are similar confused people who hate america i guess we all needa freind even if its to share evil mindsets..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Don't EVER pretend you know me, EVER!!!!!!

Trust me, after hearing your views thus far on this war, I wouldn't ever pretend (or tell) anyone I "know you".

My brother has served 2 tours in Iraq and Afgan.,

Really? Great! I wonder if he served with the dead people I knew and now miss. Wouldn't that be a hoot!?

I KNOW he's not a killer,

Oh...you do?

Let me use one of those nifty little face-icons!

Anyways, lets move on-

and that he has helped many of the people there over the years,

Too bad that every single good thing he did for this country pales in comparison to this gigantic illegal war, eh? I mean, even if he resurrected every single person he ever shot with a magical healing hand, it still wouldn't mean spit in the face of the countless dead.

so DON'T EVER ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

Sigh...

You done being a TV character from some drama show where people get upset over "nothing"? I mean seriously, you smile at the glimpse of a "set up and organized" propaganda shot of a kid handing over a flower, thinking it is some awesome random miracle of God's greatness...but you FLIP OUT and take a STAND when someone calls you "apathetic" online...

Yeah, your not 2 dimensional at all...you got real heart champ.

Perhaps if you could let go of some of your irrational anger

Riiiiiight... irrational.

Oh, I almost forgot...your brother survived his tours of duty. Yeah, that explains the asinine use of the word "irrational" when describing my anger over this criminal war.

you could see the small things that help people feel more normal in a land that may never be.

I'm too busy watching millions of Americans living in luxury while they stuff their faces and minds with garbage as people needlessly die at the hands of corrupt overlords.

People need these types of images to cling to instead a head full of atrocities.

WRONG! Images like these should be burned and forever forgotten. The only thing ANYONE should feel, see, hear, or know about this war and ANY WAR is that children and young men and women die horrible unnecessary deaths for fat rich bastards.

In fact, if that is all you knew about war, I wouldn't have to sit here and swallow this rubbish you are spouting about the "good" within a gesture between a victim and a trained assassin in the middle of a death camp.

If you only knew of the death, if ALL people only knew of the death- instead of all this media BS that makes war seem "necessary"- perhaps we all would get up and demand an end to it, instead of just sitting back and assuming "some good is coming from this".

The OP was just trying to show that not all the people over there hate us like you do,

Sorry, I love Americans (and any humans you can name, even the evil ones behind all this war).

Who's acting like they know people now?

some are very grateful. People were always coming up to my brother and thanking him.

I would do the same. In fact, thank him for me. Also tell him I am so sorry that he was brainwashed by a highly advanced form of mind-control and tricked into becoming cattle for the slaughter.

And what media?

The same media that got you thinking that 1000 idiots in caves can't be stopped for over a decade and has us sending over thousands of our kids to die with no real end in sight.

The media that ignores everything our crazy government is doing to us right here in America?

That same one...

Yes.

I see you are a tad aware of the lies they sell on this side of the pond...perhaps it is because you live over here.

Hey, maybe if you move to Iraq you may just get a "real view on the war" and start thinking that American politicians are doing a GREAT job over here in the states?

The "Media" is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda like the picture of the little girl and the flower.

It shouldn't shock you...they are both from the same source.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

As I stated before, I come here for TRUTH and not happy fun time.
That being said, it is a nice picture from a place where nice things aren't happening all that much. I'm sorry that my heart doesn't fill up with joy at the sight of it, but we've sort of blown the crap out of these people for awhile...i'm more concerned with the damage we've done over there.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
There are plenty of photos like this out there in the mainstream, both from the media and the troops themselves. That the bad by far overpowers the good is a simple reflection of reality, not some purposeful attempt to keep the "good news" from us.

This is true.
However many still want to believe Iraq is a war torn bombed out country with rubble and bodies in the street with running gun battles. I lifted this image from a thread about six months ago where the OP tried to make the claim that Iraq was still like that.

They posted the following image to prove his point.

The top image is prewar. Circa 2000 the bottom image is from 2003
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae8fed19cdbd.jpg[/atsimg]

What he didn't realize is that "Other" more recent images were available.

Iraq 2009/2010

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/871b6ce5781f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79ed9f1a57ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Understood. So they've gotten back to some semblance of the status quo and Halliburton and their ilk have made billions, so what? And just because it's pretty again now in places doesn't mean people didn't live through horror that they will never forget. Is that around the embassy by chance?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's not the MSM doesn't want us to see it, it just doesn't get rating...

"Stayed tuned after the commercial for NATO troops handing out water and sweets to kids..."

OR

"Stayed tuned after the commercial for we are covering a car bomb that has killed 50 NATO soldiers..."

What gets more views?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't see how anyone can look at a picture that was "set up and shot" with a mind-numbing agenda in mind and just start giggling and rolling around like a kitten chasing a ball across the kitchen floor!

Let me try this...

Awwwwww...everyone just LOOK at this picture!

Isn't it just gorgeous!?

It is great to know that in the gulf there are pretty things happening that the news seldom shows.

Look at these humans taking time out of their day to scrub this dying lil fellah! Look at how poisoned and weak he looks, totally helpless and afraid, yet these humans are helping him!

Yeah, I know thousands of these birds are dying because some rich people screwed up! But look, some GOOD came out of the spill! These people got to help a bird!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join