It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Your statement shows your deep ignorance and....oh hell stupidity ... there I said it. Show me your proof that says she will be a hooker because of our government? There is much "the powers that be" are doing that is wrong but her future is indeed brighter because at least now she is free....

Your hatred of our government has blinded you to even tender truths and subtle glimpses of hope. Learn as you grow into "manhood", cause you arent there yet, learn to discern each issue with wisdom, on a case by case basis....not simply fall back into the generalizations that make the rest of us look foolish.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

One "soon to be dead, raped or maimed" girl living in a crap-hole that is a military zone, where even if she survives her childhood- she will still live a mentally damaged life.

Oh yeah I forgot, and before the war, that country was like the Garden of Eden run by the Taliban where that little girl could go on and become a Dr. or a scientist instead of becoming part of some nasty old man's harem, your right, they were all better off before.
and isn't it the child that giving the flower to the soldier?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"After a day of killing a countries inhabitants I like to chill in the shade and humor their kids."

Does that photo bring back 1,000,000 dead Iraqis?

The photo is sick in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I was not saying that there isn't horrible things happening in the middle east. I was meerely stating what I wrote at the bottom of the OP...

that there is still some good in this world.

In this case it is a young girl with a flower. Innocence can be so beautiful.

It is clear that many of you are missing the point.

-E-

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A female sniper I know who is in Iraq now has 1000 or so "kills" officially" and another 1000 or so "unofficially." No flower in the world and no good moments in time are ever going to keep that from haunting her or the families of the people she's killed for the rest of their lives. I'd really appreciate if people would stop trying to put a good spin on war. There is no good spin. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by Mr Mask

I was not saying that there isn't horrible things happening in the middle east. I was meerely stating what I wrote at the bottom of the OP...

that there is still some good in this world.

In this case it is a young girl with a flower. Innocence can be so beautiful.

It is clear that many of you are missing the point.

-E-

that is what is so horribly wrong with this thread, this country, and the insane things everyone seems to be saying lately. You look at that picture and only see a young girl with a flower? There is still plenty of good in this world and it has nothing to do with the context in which you find a fully dressed and armed military person.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by All who clearly missed the point of the thread

I wonder if you would have got my point if the picture was of a puppy rolling ia a field of flowers? Or would you say "Oh ya well the Chinese eat puppies." or "That dog will probably go on to bite someone some day"

THE POINT IS EVEN WITH ALL OF THE AUTROCITIES OCCURING THERE IS SOME GOOD IN THIS WORLD

No one is debating that alot of bad things are happening. Why is it so hard to accept something good?

If you only focus on the bad thinks in this world you will go crazy, and it will ruin you. Focus on the good things in life.

Stay positive, it is contagious.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The title of the thread is "The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!"

Now if that isn't contrary to what you just said, I don't know what is.

That very titles implies a lot of things. Your point wasn't to stay positive. It was to make is seem like someone is hiding the lovely moments of war from the public. Please.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No, if you read the OP it clearly states that the MSM rarely shows anything positive. Hence the title "The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see" This thread wasn't meant to be a stance on war, it was meant to be a stance on the reporting we recieve.

Maybe it is my fault you missed the point, and if so I apologise.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by All who clearly missed the point of the thread

I wonder if you would have got my point if the picture was of a puppy rolling ia a field of flowers? Or would you say "Oh ya well the Chinese eat puppies." or "That dog will probably go on to bite someone some day"

If your picture included Chinese dog hunters, certainly.

THE POINT IS EVEN WITH ALL OF THE AUTROCITIES OCCURING THERE IS SOME GOOD IN THIS WORLD

AND AN ARMED CONFLICT PHOTO IS HARDLY AN EXAMPLE OF GOOD CONTRASTED TO ATROCITIES.

No one is debating that alot of bad things are happening. Why is it so hard to accept something good?

Because the picture you chose to represent "good" either shows propagandizing or brainwashing at best. You could have shown a picture of a child with a flower NOT IN A WAR ZONE. Would that not have been nice? How about a baby being born WITH NO SOLDIERS GUARDING IT? Maybe a puppy rolling in a field NOT NEXT TO A CHINESE DOG BARBECUE. See how context is everything sometimes?

If you only focus on the bad thinks in this world you will go crazy, and it will ruin you. Focus on the good things in life.

If you only focus on the good, you will walk off a cliff. Show us a picture of something good with good things in it in the context of a good thing happening at a good time in a good place and you could have had a great point. This thread just shows that you feel wartime seems normal and even a flower will brighten up the devastation it brings.

Stay positive, it is contagious.

Stay realistically positive and watch where you walk now and then.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Oh yeah I forgot, and before the war, that country was like the Garden of Eden run by the Taliban

Did I say that place was a good place? No.

Did I say that this little girl had a future to look forward to at any part in her life? No.

where that little girl could go on and become a Dr. or a scientist instead of becoming part of some nasty old man's harem, your right,

Is that what you truly beleive we are fighting for over there? Is that what you think the billions and billions of dollars being spent is all about? Saving this girl so she can be a doctor?

Jesus...this is what I am talking about. Pictures like this can make a person "totally lose any grasp on the reality of what is actually going on everyday, year after year, as innocent people die for a war on terror."

WAR ON TERROR!!!

You even GET THAT!? We are at war, globally, with an abstract noun, for God's sake!

You ever see a country declare war on an abstract noun?

Yeah...we have invested all this money, energy and death so we can see that these little girls get to be doctors.

they were all better off before.

You think they are better off now? You think WE are better off now? Every kid who lost a loved one to this nightmarish massacre will grow up hating America and wanting revenge.

Every soldier who survives combat will be damaged mentally or physically for the rest of his life.

Young kids are being used as death weapons, on both sides, by greedy, dishonest warlords trying to prove "stupid points" through ridiculous shows of violence that just fuels the next bomb/missile/drone strike to take out even MORE people who will not get the chance to become doctors, or even live another day.

and isn't it the child that giving the flower to the soldier?

Of course it is...only evil adults who rather sit behind a safe desk while giving murderous orders to young people, judge a man by his uniform or his religion.

You won't see this girl again, nor will you even truly care what became of her. You will use her superimposed image to sooth your apathedic, 2-dimensional, media-induced views on the war so you can continue cheering for the "good guys" while the death toll rolls.

Again..we have our own perspectives.

And I think you are not even watching the war.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The title of the thread is "The photo the MSM doesn't want you to see!"

Now if that isn't contrary to what you just said, I don't know what is.

That very titles implies a lot of things. Your point wasn't to stay positive. It was to make is seem like someone is hiding the lovely moments of war from the public. Please.
Maybe the point of the title was 'bad news sells'.

Face it, we will not see a newspaper headline stating that grandpa made it safely to his destination, however in one day two weeks ago, I saw two different headlines with '83 year old killed in auto accident' as part of the headline of articles.
Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Hey Gundy!

I know that you are not comparing our soldiers in uniform to "Chinese dog hunters", right?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There are plenty of photos like this out there in the mainstream, both from the media and the troops themselves. That the bad by far overpowers the good is a simple reflection of reality, not some purposeful attempt to keep the "good news" from us.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think it is clear you and I think very differently. I am an optomist. When I saw the photo I thought "Even though they are in a terrible situation this child showed such kindness as to give her occupier a flower." I think it is beuatiful.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I won't be replying to any more posts in this thread. My attempt to bring a bit of happiness to the gloom and doom of ATS has backfired. I sincerely hope all of you find some happiness in your life, otherwise it's not worth living.

-E-

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
even though i'm against the war, i support our troops. it is a nice change to see them as the human beings they are on occasion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Very nice!
I looked at all of the pics.

Did you notice the jpg labels? They are funny!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

are you serious maybe its time for you to move ???

i suggest russia or possibly cuba Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I think it is clear you and I think very differently. I am an optomist. When I saw the photo I thought "Even though they are in a terrible situation this child showed such kindness as to give her occupier a flower." I think it is beuatiful.

-E-

Apparently so.

I see that photo and think "Even though a child can still be a child and enjoy simple beauty, it has to happen under the dark cloud of war."

Seems a picture of a happy child would have been more optimistic to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join