It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

??Strange Symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A six-sided star inside a six-sided polygon. The star look more like an asterisk (*) except with six points so that the star sections off the polygon to six parts. There is alternating light and dark in each of the six sections. Small circles inside each section that contrasts with the section color. So that if a section is light, the circle inside it is dark. All of this is pixelated, so that the colors aren't solid, but a combination of colors representating either light or dark.
I've seen something similar in members' avatars. Anyone knows what this symbol is and the history behind it?

Here is a rough sketch:
hometown.aol.com...

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here is one of the avatars I am referring too:

You see that symbol in the middle, it is something like that, what is that?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It looks simmilar to something associated with chakras. I have seen this in a chakrah book but sorry , i dont know what it means.
here is a site for symbols, go to the graphix index and keep clicking next til you see something simmilar. there are alot of groups so just keep clicking next. hope this helps.
Maya

www.symbols.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i "think" it has something to with your soul
i might be wrong
had a check over the net and couldnt get a 100% match

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
yup that avatar image is related to the chakras, you can see above that "simbol" a small bright dot identifing the 5th and 6th chakras, the simbol its a possible buddhist representation for the "heart chakra", the solar plex.there are many buddhist representations for them.
each chakra have a comparison with the lotus flower, so each one have a especific number of "lotus petals", the heart chakra have 6 petals.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok , this has been bugging me too ever since I seen your post here and I think I have found the answer:

Tat of the Week - Celtic Star
This Celtic (by the way, if you've ever been confused, that's pronounced KEL tik as my Irish husband likes to point out every time I say SELL tik) star was tattooed in Miami, Florida by artist Vince Rodriguez of the Ink Farm.

tattoo.about.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ah I *believe* that is, as stated above, the chakra symbol pertaining to the heart, central area; the core of the body.

top topics

join