It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filthy, lice-ridden hippies having more fun than you or I ever will again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Say what you like about hippies and their varioius shortcomings and failures, but some folks back in the day knew how to have pure, righteous, uninhibited *fun.* No emo-ish sulking, hipster irony, and self-conscious foot-shuffling on the dance floors for these people. Let it all hang out.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hmmm, so what evidence do you have for hippies being 'filthy, lice-ridden' and what are their 'shortcomings and failures'?

Making assumptions like that is similar to saying that everyone who rides a motorcycle is a Hells Angel.

I liked the video though

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Damned dirty hippies!
The problem though is that they were so drugged up, they don't remember the fun. I became 'of age' just as the movement was dying out. Two words, "Easy lays".

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chasyb

Mellow out, man. I was, like, being facetious n' stuff.

Besides, "Never trust a prankster."

And, if you were a hippie back in the day, chances are you encountered more than one louse or day without a shower.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah! Those filthy free thinking peace bro make love not war heathens!

Drugs? They had drugs there?

Bet their lice was stoned too. Was no one spared from happiness?

We come along way baby

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Mother always said, "never take food (or drink) from hippies..."

Seriously though, I know some folks who pretty much embrace the hippie attitude (but with more responsible drug use...i.e. light, not heavy drugs)...

And yes, they do have quite a bit of fun... Of course, they're young too, and will eventually be more "responsible"...but for now, they have a pretty good time.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Thanks for that.

Your second to last line had me in stitches - I can hardly type for laughing

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes it's true we were sometimes not as clean as we would like to be but I never encountered any lice on my trip through my hippie years.

One thing I learned from those days of self indulgance was that moderation is the key to most everything you do.

I truely believe young people today could not survive the old hippie days.

My goodness, I went for weeks, maybe months without using a telephone or watching TV.

Yes, we had fun. Now I have to fill the truck up with my nebulizer, c-pap machine and a big bag of perscription medication. Oh, I almost forgot that I have to have my special pillows when I leave home now.

The spirit is still there but the body isn't cooperating.

Yeah buddy, we did have fun.

Spelling mistakes due to loss of spell check program. It will be back online soon.

Ignorance and loss of brain cells due to hippie days.

top topics

join