It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is an uncontacted tribe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So I was reading on uncontacted tribes today and how a small airplane took pictures of one of them and how they fired arrows at the plane. It's kind of amazing when you think about it, they know nothing of of the dramas and world events that are going on all around them, they know nothing of modern technology, or of science or math, and in my opinion ignorance isn't bliss. So then I got to thinking, what if humans as a whole is the exact same way only on a much greater scale, what if we are an uncontacted tribe so to speak,the skeptics of alien visitation,(and rightfully so) say "why don't they just land", "why don't they just reveal themselves" and this may be exactly why. What if UFO's (and I don't mean a mistaken weather balloon or anything explainable which is what most of them are) but I mean something genuine, like the Belgium triangle(just an example, the example wasn't meant for skeptical discussion just go with it). I mean granted that thing was real, there is no way that craft was from planet Earth! The small airplane that flew over the uncontacted tribe was fired upon by arrows, the natives had no idea what it was, so what if in the same way are just watching us, flying by and taking pictures, what if we are just some back water primitive planet that they are studying?

picture of primitive natives firing upon the plane:

I mean if you were a skeptic from their tribe you would say, well if a more advanced race is out there why don't they just land their flying craft and talk to us? "why don't they just reveal themselves"? Get what i'm saying, it's the exact same thing skeptics say about aliens visiting us(and it is a very valid point), but the primitives could ask the exact same questions and they would be wrong because we do indeed exist! I mean if we landed and tried to explain what our plane was and how to make it, it would be impossible because it's so much more advanced than what they know, so UFO's could be the same way with us, they couldn't explain how their advanced craft works to us because we haven't gotten that for technologically yet.It would be like trying to explain quantum physics to an ape. This thread was not made to bash skeptics only the throw a very possible what if situation at ATS, well thats my thread I hope you liked it and I look forward to reading your responses.

o by the way here are my sources:www.cnn.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
www.tressugar.com...

have an amazing day,
XxRagingxPandaxX

PS: I like skeptics, they work hard to deny ignorance, which is what this website and in my opinion life is all about, without skepticism we would just believe anything which is just completely dumb to do!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
from what I understand, that turned out to be a hoax. That the tribe in question really did know of the outside world..

Im sure it has been discussed here before/.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Really? where did you hear that?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nice post... It kind of reminds me of that movie which I fail to remember it's name at the moment, but the one where the coke can fell out of the plane and landed where the tribe found it. The things that coke can went through... I imagine you may very well be on target here. I am curious to what others will have to say!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

You're thinking of the "God's must be crazy" and it was a coke bottle that was thrown out an airplane, and a bushman found it. I think it was based in the Kalahari.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

It was one of the old ATS topics... somewhere.

2nd line - something about hoax.

[edit on 2010-7-11 by pikypiky]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

thank you, I too am interested in what other ats members have to say.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I'm not saying your wrong but prove it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
its was here..

Link

last page I believe

edit: may not be a full hoax but they apparently knew about them for 20 years.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

"I read about this yesterday, but the news site stated that they had only been known about for twenty years. Even though Meirelles knew of their existence for some time it appears they have been untouched and to the wider world it really was a "first contact" situation. Apparently the area is so remote, aircraft are not known to fly overhead.

Thanks for the update."

thanks for taking the time to look it up and also for proving my point, they were uncontacted

"it really was a "first contact" situation." Still means they were uncontacted, which still makes my thread valid.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
and in my opinion ignorance isn't bliss.

Why?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

ha ha, although I think this doesn't contribute to the thread much I would much rather be educated than ignorant, this website is about denying ignorance for a reason, it corrupts our world, manipulates, and even kills people an example is Christianity.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Flagged just cause I agree that if we witnessed something of that nature it would astound or frighten us.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Either way, it brings up a good point. What if we are the uncontacted tribe? It would make scence to why these "UFOs" dont contact us. Look what we have done to this planet. If you live by the saying "Dont deficate were you eat" well we have done just that. Aliens must look at this planets people and go, "I am glad we dont live there". Personally, I think we are the universes best car crash. All these "visits" are rubber neckers, lets see what the humans have done today. The thing is, we never disapoint. We always have some rageing act of stupidity happening. If you were them, would you contact us?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Dumbass

ha ha, although I think this doesn't contribute to the thread much I would much rather be educated than ignorant, this website is about denying ignorance for a reason, it corrupts our world, manipulates, and even kills people an example is Christianity.

So you think, ... Uhm lets first assume the tribe is real...

So do you think If such a tribe that lives in harmony with their surroundings, do not need to exploit other people and are not fed with junk, both in eating habbits, knowledge and culture are more ignorant then people who are living their life to belief some book that tells them how to worship life, eat macdonalds, waiting for the next idols and belief the msm? Come on.

And the credo "deny ignorance" is cute, but it has the same message as someone who tells you "i'm honest"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

I think this tribe and Christians are both ignorant, and quite frankly your name suits you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

An intriguing theory that may hold some truth to it but...
I don't know exactly where it is in this video set that is an hour long (this is the first of 7 really interesting 7-10 min. parts) showing a few very primitive tribes (naked people) that speak of spaceships coming and going from mountains near their villages as casually as we speak of airplanes flying over head.

And it is not the Dogon Tribe. If you can just get past the first 2 minutes of the eerie new age music it gets very interesting. Not just someone giving their opinion, and telling a story there is remarkable footage supporting each assertion -hard to explain.

If you consider the dictum; As above, so below, possibly truthful. Not only does it make you wonder, it makes sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Funny... Why getting so overselfcofident about being not ignorant... Go learn more.. As soon as you learn more you know you actually don't no anything of existence, one of the basics of philosophy... One of the things to encounter if you open your eyes, brake down the wall. Just because a tribe lives in solitairy does not mean they are less then the ones that don't

I picked this name for a reason..
Think wahtever you want about it, reactions on it clearly show the emotions of the reader..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The remote tribe story in Brazil had just been poorly published by the media, the company behind the story, survival international had never said the tribe was undiscovered, but uncontacted, the british tabloid, the observer kicked off the whole hoax thing.- www.survivalinternational.org...[year]=2008&date[month]=6 (the first story)

But its still a really good analogy of the Earth, we're the primitives that have been discovered, we're just waiting to be contacted.
Instead of arrows and spears we have side-winders/stingers and 20mm+ machine guns and all the rest.

S + F

peace out

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

dude I was just joking about your name suits you, don't take it personal, was only a joke.

<<   2  3 >>

join