It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

delta force ????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
well....if i was the leader of another country and knew about this super soldiers ,,,,i would try to duplicate how they train....but the training part i ment was secret not the actual gurkas.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh right
well it's to do with the altitude they live with (blood cells are used to having less oxygen, etc, natural fitness increases)
and the fact that they spend most of their time humping bags up and down the mountains for tourists
its also to do with lifestyle

edit: and the morality of it.. training 5 year olds to be super soldiers? Not very well looked upon!

[edit on 16-6-2004 by browha]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
browha,,.thanks again for the info....

very interesting stuff.....if this mysterious jungle super soldiers are half as good as people tell me.......it would be shocking!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
personaly i would rather have the sbs and the gurkas rather than the SAS
those guys aint the same calibre as the sbs

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
The Delta Force was modelled on the SAS, including selection process, but the standards were initially lowered because of the low rate of men passing through (a low level of fitness, compared to the SAS, whereas the requirements are more power focused).

LINK? PROOF? SOURCE?

The competitive exercises are well documented in many SAS biographies, joint-operations training.

Maybe that is something that your guys made up? If it were real then it would be mentioned in the American SF books, which it is not.

edit: I've just been informed that Delta do not allow SEALs to go for selection by U2U from a member who tried to join the SEALs

That is a load of crap. I know SEALS that have done it. Granted it is not mandatory that they do it to do an exchange tour, but they do it just to show the Delta guys how easy the Selection is compared to BUD/S.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Like I said, it was told to me by a member of the board in a U2U, I have no way of verifying it yet myself.
Source? I've read it somewhere, I do not remember where at the moment, but when I find it I will tell you... I know for certain that the Delta Force, however, was based upon the SAS.
There is no reason for 'our guys' to make up joint-training operations... It happens with most every other country in the world who want to do it! It's also good preparation for actual operations in the field side-by-side.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Source? I've read it somewhere, I do not remember where at the moment, but when I find it I will tell you... I know for certain that the Delta Force, however, was based upon the SAS.

That is a known fact, we took your SAS concept and made it better.

There is no reason for 'our guys' to make up joint-training operations... It happens with most every other country in the world who want to do it! It's also good preparation for actual operations in the field side-by-side.

I meant that the competetive exercises (or results of) were made up by your guys. SF guys do not play for points.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The existence of Delta Force is not a secret anymore. However it's not something that is widely discussed by the army.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm confident, not sure admittedly, that competitive exercises exist. Whether or not they are officially competitive, is the issue.. When two groups of men from differing organisations/etc come together, there is always a competition to see who does better!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
how can you say u made it better ?
we have the best SF guys imageinable!
take a look at the SAS selction processs. now the SBS and gurkas have 2 pass that AND do thier own test wich are harder

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trenchcoat
The existence of Delta Force is not a secret anymore. However it's not something that is widely discussed by the army.

Actually they've gone back to denying it. After admitting it, helping make a movie about anf tlaking about it, now it's "Nope, doesn't exist again".

Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wararts

if this village you mentioned does exist,, them dudes must be like war machines.....scary stuff.

As part of being in my school CCF I spent a week up in Snowdonia (North Wales for those who don't know) staying in an army base. Guess who was there! Yes, to stay there we had pushed the local napalese gurkahs (or however you spell it) out of their barracks and into tents. I can tell you now that they don't say much and they can be scary as hell when you go to the loo in the middle of the night and you step out in the dark and straight into one.

Still it comforts me greatly to know that given that they are part of the British Army I find it highly unlikely that in combat I would ever face one trying to kill me

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When I started to read this I never heard any thing about the Gurkas before. After reading into it a bit, sounds like the army is the only chance for a lot of them. 36,000 try out for 230 holes. maybe the US could pick a few of these guys up. Don't get me wrong but US reg. Army has some real sh*theads, as all armys do. heres a little intel on the Gurkas.

DELTA FORCE

Any one remember an attempt to free some hostages in Iran sometime in the late 70's under the Carter admin. If I remember right DELTA was in this op. but # hit the fan because there were too many ppl. calling the shots, too many sh*theads. So it got sticky really fast, and it turned into a FUBAR. Any info on this would be nice, like an op. name or a link to full story.

Even if they had it tough in the late 70's, they still kick a**!

gurkas info link

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
delta members can try out for seals and seals can try out for delta and they are both good at hit and run tactics.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Delta Force was founded by Colonel charles Beckwith on the 2 June 1977.He was serving with the 7th Special Forces Group Fort Bragg in 1962 when he was seconded to the Britsh S.A.S. for one year.He returned to the states and recomended the formation of a similar unit.This was rejected by General Williams P Yarbourgh the commander of the Special Warefare Centre in 1963.Charles plans were put on the backburner until after the Vietnam war.In 1977 he was given authority to form the 1st special forces operations detachment-Delta.Originally formed using 1,200 men formed into sixteen man teams that could break down into four four man patrols.They are now based in fort Bragg North Caroline.There first operation was in november 4th 1979 called Desert One some 500 militant revelotionary guards and students broke into the U S Embassy in Tehran capturing 63 staff.The rescue mission was a complere c**k up which resulted in a large loss of life.Another operational c**k up was the invasion of Greneda ,confusion over the timing of the attack meant that Delta launched their attack during day light instead of at night.All of there missions to date have been in conjunction with seals,special forces and rangers.The HRT part of the group is pretty much none excistant.The future for Delta is unsure as large units with the same remit already excist.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Delta Force was founded by Colonel charles Beckwith on the 2 June 1977.He was serving with the 7th Special Forces Group Fort Bragg in 1962 when he was seconded to the Britsh S.A.S. for one year.He returned to the states and recomended the formation of a similar unit.This was rejected by General Williams P Yarbourgh the commander of the Special Warefare Centre in 1963.Charles plans were put on the backburner until after the Vietnam war.In 1977 he was given authority to form the 1st special forces operations detachment-Delta.Originally formed using 1,200 men formed into sixteen man teams that could break down into four four man patrols.They are now based in fort Bragg North Caroline.There first operation was in november 4th 1979 called Desert One some 500 militant revelotionary guards and students broke into the U S Embassy in Tehran capturing 63 staff.The rescue mission was a complere c**k up which resulted in a large loss of life.Another operational c**k up was the invasion of Greneda ,confusion over the timing of the attack meant that Delta launched their attack during day light instead of at night.All of there missions to date have been in conjunction with seals,special forces and rangers.The HRT part of the group is pretty much none excistant.The future for Delta is unsure as large units with the same remit already excist.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by weirdo]

Thanks for the info Weirdo.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you want to know about the Gurkhas get it from the horses mouth.
A Horse

As for the rest, the official line of Govt's regarding their S.F capabilities is always played down or up depending on your agenda. As for their thoughts of one another they are never too rosy, that said exchanges are always good natured as long as its small numbers. You wont find the Regt. lads sitting around the bar at home disscussing how good Delta are though.The nature of the S.F soldier is one of Alpha Male, else you wouldn't be there in the first place. You have to believe your the best, or at least as good as the best, to that end you rarely see them sing the praises of their oposition.

We used to have a saying about USsf ( deliberate use of lower case)
' All the gear no idea '

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Delta Force does really exist. It was and probably is still based out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina. My dad used to work with them when he was a helicopter mechanic with the 160th Task Force also known as the "Night Stalkers". Charlie Beckwith started Delta Force in the 1970s after he had spent some time the British Special Air Service, which was also the basis for the starting and how Delta Force was started. If you want to know the whole story of how it was started read the book, "Delta Force Elite Counterrist Unit," which can be bought at any local Barnes and Nobles book store. Delta Force was trained to recover, and Transport nuclear weapons, gather intelligence against enemy forces without being noticed, and several other jobs. It is also one of the toughest jobs to get into.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Delta Force does exist. The were created and, in the beginning, molded to be the American answer to the Royal SAS.

Now the bad boys to end all bad boys in my opinion are the Haifa (I hope I spelled that right). They are israeli special forces.
Many of them begin training at the age of 9. they learn Chinese martial arts like wing chun and also hybrid arts like jeet kune do...also they practice something called Krav Maga...they usually fight with samll arms and excell in urban and jungle and water warfare.
To date they have zero casualties and at the age of thrity are released from the team. 90% of them, after being cut loose, suffer various forms psycholigical damage...this is believed to be the reason why they are released from the Haifa program. They suffer great loss in their personal lives such as divorce, domestic violence, split personalities and the like.
Of course the trade off in the abilities they receive from their training is ABSOLUTELY NEVER WORTH IT but this is about special forces so I thought I'd put my two cents in. I saw the report on 48 Hours and read a book on it called Special Forces which details special forces the world over.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I googled Haifa soldiers and this was the image I got...

It should be noted that Haifa is also the third largest city in Israel and I believe would be safe to assume that this is the Haifa Soldiers base of operations.

[edit on 073030p://u34. by Hard Red]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join