It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Core Exit: Go for the Gold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Remember the thread where it was said that we were put here to mine for gold?
Maybe we are behind on payment

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak

Right now, I just don't see digging down under the sea as being economical - let alone possible on a large scale - until we have proven, much enhanced, machinery and technology. That sort of thing takes a long, long time.

Fact is, it IS being done. I have provided plenty of sources for reference to show this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I'm sorry I can't really see any links where anyone is currently mining the sea floor for gold.

I see an exploration company that has floated alot of promises and projections, but has yet to be proven economically viable.

I also see an archived article saying Nautilus planned to start mining the sea floor in 2009, but still hasn't started.

Look I'm not trying to be a pain or deliberately difficult over this, but you know the old definition of a gold mine? It's defined as a hole in the ground with a liar standing on top of it.

Starting any mine is fraught with difficulties and unexpected costs. Particularly if it is a frontier project that has not been done before. You know also, the sea can be cruel, cyclones in that neck of the woods too could throw things into chaos. Problems with new equipment. Soaring price of oil. Unexpected geological difficulties in the seafloor bedrock.

We can revisit this in 6 month's time and see if they have started, if their projections (and remember, every new breed of venture promises the world at start up to attract investors) are being met, and whether they have bought a single ounce of gold to market at or under the current cash costs of a traditional mine.

Until then, I am sorry - again I am not deliberately being antagonistic to you or anyone else - but I am just not convinced yet this is viable, particularly given the start-up costs and fact that they still have to process the ore in a traditional manner.

Thank you for bringing this to light - I do find it very interesting and will be watching very closely. I just don't see this as being particularly viable right at the moment, until proven otherwise.

In six month's time I may well be eating my words, and will happily admit my opinion was wrong. Until then I am not convinced, that is all.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
You probably don'tread your bible, you should. When you see the volume of gold that was in circulation call it 5000 years ago, there is no other optio BUT to assume that it was very much more common then.

Well, harry, since YOU brought it up....let's talk about Solomon's gold!

The number of a man-666.... and Solomon received six hundred and sixty six talents of gold.

Zahab is the Hebrew word for gold. It means to shimmer or shine. The gold of Solomon's throne was known as "zahab mufaz".

Zahab mufaz looks like burning brimstone and is so called because of the place in which it was found. ( 1 Kings 10:18; Jewish Encyclopedia: Gold)

(Have you seen the pictures of methane hydrate crystals burning? )

The brilliance of Solomon's throne is likened to burning brimstone and could very well have been a reference to where the gold was obtained. Burning brimstone is often found in conjunction with Sheol, Hades, destruction and judgement. So it is very likely that there is both a literal and symbolic meaning in these words being used in the description of Solomon's throne.

In 2 Chronicles 3:6 we are informed that the gold is from Parvaim. Parvaim is alluded to be a place of the dead. (Methuselah went to Parvaim to visit Enoch. Parvaim is also thought to be the place where Watchers dwelt after being expelled from Heaven.)

There are Levite legends about the gold of Parvaim. It was said that it was "a magical material that grew and moved." ( Molten gold carried in magma both grows and moves.) This gold was the color of the blood of oxen. It was fine gold. One way of refining metals is to put them in fire. Melting things is not a problem at Parvaim.

In Ecclesiastes 9:10 Solomon mentions that he has been to Sheol and returned.

In 1 Kings 4:12 "Zarethan, beneath Jezreel" whereas Zarethan means "far underground" and is in the Netherworld or Sheol.

A very interesting discourse on this subject as well as a diagram of earth's core in relation to these places can be found at www.aeragon.com/itz/05-temple-01.html#parvaim

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well if we blow a big ol deep hole in the GoM with some unforseen methane explosion... maybe it will rain brimstone.. err.. gold from the sky.

We should be exploring the oceans and the floors,chasms, trenches for renewable options rather than looking for ways to exploit and rape it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There is definitely a race on to deep drill for gold in the seabeds! And a lot of aggressive developments in the past few months to explore uncharted territory as well as employing methods that are so very new that the outcome has not been thoroughly considered.

"An airborne magnetic and electromagnetic survey over the entire licence area is currently taking place to identify strong resistors interpreted to represent gold rich silicified volcanic rocks in the volcanic rims."
(from "Mega Targets in the Rim of Fire")

Much of this technology has not been publicized or made easily available to the masses. Perhaps this is why so many of our "scientists" have been closed mouthed. Too many corporations have a vested income in employments associated with these finds. Are they putting the planet at stake in these new ventures? Do these untested methods threaten to wreck the stability of the planet and endanger other natural resources?

Fact is, realizing they have technology that allows them to explore exactly what is under the seabed and how far down it is....should we really believe in "accidents"?

Look how recently much of this has been set in motion:

"Fauro (Solomon Islands) 100% owned_ An exploration license was granted to Solomon Gold on Nov. 30, 2009 for a period of 3 years and is owned 100% by Solomon Gold."

This just happened a few months ago. Intriguing that the deadline is Dec.1, 2012.

It seems to me that the operations are being done in haste. There is no one to give us any assurance that this mining of seabeds will not compromise the ecology.

"Stream sediment sampling in December 2009 by Solomon Gold geologists has identified gold contents between 2 and 6 times the level found...(in samples on main island)."

What is worth risking the balance of the planet ----it's eco system and wildlife? Why are these corporations allowed to threaten the planet's existence and yet the "little people" are being led to believe "it's all our fault" for using petroleum products?

"Fauro's geological setting is similar to the giant 40m oz Lihir deposit, 560 km to the northwest of Lihir and Fauro shows similar mineralogy and geological setting. Solomon's Gold believes Fauro to have potential to host a world class gold deposit with geological similarities to Lihir."

It appears that these corporations are targeting areas that are fragile and dangerous to be tampered with. As the title explains, "Mega Targets on the Rim of Fire" indicates that they will be drilling where there is or has been volcanic activity. From my findings, calderas seem to be the most immediate focus.

"Northern penisula of Fauro and Masamasa Islands are the remnant rims of a volcano which gave off silica and gold rich mineral fluids as the volcanoes waned."

I suspect the focus will quickly shift from BP's disaster to others that are waiting to happen.

"Thereafter the company expects to commence a drill program in the 2nd quarter of 2010 to test the anomalies identified."

www.solomongold.com...

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Is it possible that there could be gold in the Gulf of Mexico? Is it not the rim of a defunct caldera? Is it not on a tectonic plate? What would be the signs to know if gold could be present under the seabed there?

"Recent work in compiling metallogenic maps on a worldwide scope demonstrates that many metalliferous deposits occur in belts well defined in plate tectonics."
---

Deepwater Horizon lies on a tectonic fault line.

Jack Reed, a retired geologist-geophysicist with Texaco has been researching the fault lines and has come up with a preliminary finding that connects the existing New Madrid fault and the Wabash Valley Seismic zone to the ocean floor of the Gulf of Mexico.

There are four tectonic plates that are in constant motion and causing the seismological activity in and around the GoM.

www.huliq.com/9990/deepwater-horizon-lies-tectonic-fault-line-causing-earthquakes

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Illuminati "Revelation of Method"?

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

In this report on the oil gusher, the author recants some of his prior alarmist statements and also states "there is no methane bubble" (as previously reported). But what I found most intriguing on this page was the large image of a diamond in the top right of the page which accompanied the article. (Perhaps someone can provide a screen shot before this "disappears".) Could this be another visual message?

Diamonds are produced by explosive geogological processes. Deposits appear to have formed through explosive volcanism. Some researchers believe that diamonds form from carbon in methane or other hydrocarbon gases that ascend through the upper mantle from deeper inside the earth.

For a diamond to be formed, there must be explosive pressure and rapid ascention of magma to the surface.

For a very short interesting read on the formation of diamonds: www.answersingenesis.org...

All of this leads me to another question: Could diamond formation be induced by puncturing the earths surface at a strategic location?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak

The costs of this sort of mining would be astronomical I would think - imagine trying to bring up hundreds of tonnes of low-grade ore from 1500 metres down, get it loaded onto ships, and then transport to a land-based mine for processing.

Getting it up would be easy. Air baloons to lift them up.. all you need is the air supply down there (pumps)..

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Who is really responsible for the deep drilling into our planet's seabeds?

"The International Seabed Authority, an institution of the International United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), is responsible for methane hydrate deposits as well as for other resources on the sea floor outside the exclusive economic zone. The Authority grants mining licenses and monitors mining operations. It's regulations adopted in 2000 for the exploration of deep-sea mineral resources contain various environmental aspects. This is a starting point for agreement on concrete standards for mining marine methane hydrate on the high seas."

So far...about 150 countries have ratified UNCLOS. The USA has not signed.

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

What are the implications of this?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by cloudbreak

Just a few points:

Also, being underwater, it would weigh almost nothing, so a conventional conveyor belt system would be simple.

hard to take this person seriously after a comment like this.
when is summer break over? these kids need to go back to school and GET OFF THE INTERNET!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

??

your logic escapes me?

and i am not a kid ?

You never played with rocks underwater?

they're lighter than on land.

you should try it sometime.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
After the oil spill I think drilling for minerals or metals under the sea floor is frightening. It IS going to be happening:
nextbigfuture.com...
This site looks at research (towards bottom of page) as well as how Nautilus is going to go about it's mining the sea floor with it's first project near Papua New Guinea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join