It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a Zombie Apocolaypse is actually possible?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ebola and Marburg virus scare the hell out of me simply because of the way the virus progresses, nasty. Your right Smallpox too. Just imagine people that turned into zombies from that nasty bunch.
But the perfect one would be a weaponized version of the Spanish Flu.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
you're all wrong it's this!!1
Borna Virus

of course there's more you are born a slave of Borna Virus

yike! Borna Makes you Krayzeee

Borna and affective disorders

Borna disease virus. A possible etiologic factor in human affective disorders? Amsterdam JD, Winokur A, Dyson W, Herzog S, Gonzalez F, Rott R, Koprowski H. Borna disease virus is a unique neurotropic agent that appears to have a predilection for the limbic area of the brain. In some animal species, it can produce a behavioral syndrome characterized by aggressive and passive phases. This syndrome has suggested an analogy to certain human affective disorders. In this preliminary study, we examined the possible involvement of Borna disease virus in the etiology of human mood disorders by assaying for virus-specific antibodies in 265 patients with unipolar or bipolar depression and 105 normal, healthy volunteers. Twelve patients (4.5%) and none of the healthy controls demonstrated this antibody in their serum samples. It will be necessary to replicate and extend these intriguing preliminary results to determine if Borna disease virus is possibly involved in the pathogenesis of affective disorders in humans.

so possibly the zombie virus

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dixie70
True, but why weaponize anything.. we have many very natural weapons that we have no need to manipulate. Several in fact. One is Smallpox. ....Bubonic Plague. CHolera or dysentary, etc. Plenty of low tech nasties out there that can do the job. Smallpox unnerves me. Hell, the white plague.. TB, could do a nice job. This is why I do not believe that any enemy nation is working like Dix works to use it on us now. If they wanted to... a few folks with a few different strains of common and deadly diseases on planes in several cities, events, schools, etc would do nicely. No need for MacGruber-esque nonsense.

The best bet really is a lower resperatory disease or type of pneumonia. If you COULD weaponize something along the line of h1n1 but more virulent.. youd hit paydirt. You can bet we have it. If you can make it move fast , spread readily and at LEAST have a 60% kill rate.. no need for anything else. Heck, even a 40% kill rate would do the job. Some say the h1n1 scare was an attempt or dry run. I dont believe in attempts... if it comes we will know it.

Well you would be very interested to know that the Govt does have samples of the small pox virus...so does Russia.Also there's Anthrax. To make the H1N1 virus more potent they could combine it with another equally more dangerous airborne virus strain.

To cite an example. Heres one of the potential candidates that the H1n1 virus could combine with

www.sciencedaily.com...

However this would lead to a stand like scenario and not lead to an actual zombie apocalypse.There is something absolutely fascinating about being eaten alive....You know if we are to die, lets make it epic!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For the record nature shows that zombies are very possible.

Here are two articles on zombie ants

www.nydailynews.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

There is also the abomination of nature, an absolute monstrosity- a bug called the tree weta...the tree weta is sort of like a cross between a cockroach, a cricket and other creepy stuff that mother nature could conjure up in her talks with satan.

Apparently the tree weta has a special enzyme that can stops water from freezing....well you see god has a sick sense of humor and when you keep these things in a freezer, this ability does not actually make them resistant to the cold...it actually kills their brains and heart when frozen and once you thaw them out they for some inexplicable reason they are as good as new....

so in a nutshell this damned thing dies and comes back to life again and also it happens to be carnivorous...yea its a freaking zombie!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
With all of the crazy new diseases and virus` that they create i really would nt be too surprised that its possible. I Believe it is possible and that its happened already. Think about what they dont document!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You know what would be a great movie? It'll be one of those fungus/parasites that infect ants, but with people of course. The fungus, I can't remember what it is called, gets in the ants nervous system and forces them to climb and climb until eventually this bulb grows out of their head. The bulb grows bigger and bigger until it explodes into a cloud of spores, that infects other nearby ants.

But the side effects on humans are different [in the movie]. It causes people to go on rampages where the infected captures/maims and ties down their victims alive, forcing them to wait until the spore bulb grows out of the infected head in a gory manner, which will eventually explode, infecting the victims.

--edit-
My bad, I didn't see leonardo's post.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
People, People, can any one see what this is about?

Zombies are making fun of Society how people blindingly follow others. It's like a funny skit on reality. Zombies are real and they are everywhere including Me and You

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i have friends thats are wishing for a zombie plague. the idea is somewhat awsome.

link   
i have friends thats are wishing for a zombie plague. the idea is somewhat awsome.

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
my friends love the zombie plague idea. There kind of wishing for it to happen in a way. Bunch of survivalist. The idea is somewhat awsome. Survival of the fittest. and most inteligent. ween the mass population of eaters. Uh oh im sounding like a globalist!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Battleworthy
my friends love the zombie plague idea. There kind of wishing for it to happen in a way. Bunch of survivalist. The idea is somewhat awsome. Survival of the fittest. and most inteligent. ween the mass population of eaters. Uh oh im sounding like a globalist!

Dude we get it!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by James Battleworthy

Dude we get it!

Lets not forget the "hottest" women around....extremely important, screw darwin

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
cool post... i like these threads that make u think

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by Leonardo01
Ever since the iconic Dawn of the Dead, Zombies have become an essential pop culture reference. Blah blah yada yada yada.
Even less than they do now, we mean.

Ok first you quote scripture and then you end this story with we….we?
Are you with the jehovas witnesses?
No I jest.
But neat story, I had also read somewhere that we are virtual aircraft carriers for viruses and bugs and all that would need to happen is for one genome or dna strand to mutate and we could wipe out the world, neatly terrifying thought eh?
The chances of any of this happening is 3centillion x 911 to the nth power to happen.
but, hey we happened too.
Now my question, do you think all of those single cells used to float around in their swill pits and theorize, hey did you know if something happened we could evolve into hairy arm and legged abominations?!

For a mutation of a such a drastic nature to occur in these parasites there needs to be a catalyst. Unless the environment dramatically changes it is unlikely that we would evolve into hairy arm and legged abominations in our natural course of evolution.......still we should be a bit petrified as though its unlikely I don't believe anything is impossible.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by Leonardo01

Sources and links to research, relevant articles etc? I'd like to read up on some of the diseases.

I think linking CJD to a rage virus scenario is tenuous, dementia sufferers aren't fast.

What are your thoughts on The Matrix?

I am not a "creationist" but I would say that there is however a remote possibility of a "universal consciousness" existing.

Reality is is defined by our senses in a rather prosaic manner. Science terms it as classical reality.

H.P love craft elucidates this perfectly "We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." In other words there are things that we do not know and cannot comprehend as our senses take us only so far. If these were to be known then would lose all our sense of sanguineness and we would all go bat# insane.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The problem with something like the rage virus happening is that with a heightened amount of rage and dementia, you are likely to attack the other infected as well, which would effectively end the plague because after the infected kill each other off it would be easy to kill the last infected person still.

Now if we can find a way to make the infected work together like pheromone that is produced by the virus that infected know not to attack and a virus that consistently raises the aggression of the infected by at least 40% and causes minor dementia. A chimera virus could then be created to create a true rage virus and all will be perfect with the world of pseudo-zombies.

Breaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join