It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Riots Live stream/Police Scanner

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

+1 How could I have missed it, this is so obvious? Haha. No really, I just wonder why they allow these animals to run around and never do anything about it. Forget rebuilding it......let them live in it. When they can't get what they need truck it into them like refugees.....they don't belong in society anyway.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I feel stupid for not knowing the complete background to the story, and the reason that riots would break out.

Riots like this break out for the simple reason that these people WANT to riot about something. If they had given this guy the death penalty, they would still be out there rioting - because they agreed with the decision.

Now here's what's really, really stupid about rioters like this. They are destroying businesses in their own community, not the community of "the man" that supposed did this to them.

Old enough to remember the race riots of the 1960's when blacks did the same thing in Detroit and Watts (LA), burning down their own communities. Let's see, we just destroyed our own homes and jobs, guess now our only choice is stick our hands out for the government dole.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Wow, reading your missive suggests that there are some/enough that are incapable of self restraint or recognizing what is beneficial for their own good. What's the matter with destroying property if the majority feel it's appropriate? Democracy in action I say, especially with obvious to all proof of police provocateurs dressed up to look like real hoodrats breaking things up. Some pretty good makeup and wardrobe, wot? Keep it up and you could be the next venue for a million man march and the rev's Sharpton and Jackson all up in yer grills with righteous indignation.
Clearly a thought-criminal in our midst. You must make amentds stat, send them more of your money...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
83 people arrested at the protests

source

more pics from the Oakland Tribune here

I am trying to see if I can find an electronic version of this article in todays paper. 70% of the people arrested were not from Oakland. They were from other area's of the east bay. This means a majority of the people causing all the trouble and rioting were not even from oakland. Sad.. Go destroy your own town thanks.

~Druidae

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae
I live in Oakland, and have a few things to say about this.

1. Quit calling Oscar Grant innocent. If he would not have been fighting on the BART train, it would have never happened. He put himself in that situation to be arrested. If he would not have gotten in the original fight on the train, none of this would have happened.

2. Involuntary manslaughter is a fair sentence. I also agree with the gun enhancement charge that Mehserle was found guilty of as well. Do you really believe Mehserle woke up that morning and thought to himself "I am going to shoot someone in the back today"?

3. Have you ever been to Oakland? Downtown is not pretty. I'd love to see some of you walk through downtown at night. Especially the vocal people on here. You would not make it a block with out losing your shoes, Ipod, any jewelry you were wearing and your wallet, if not your life.

4. Jdills - He was CONVICTED today, not charged. What and why would you have liked to seen him get a greater charge? And did the evidence support the greater charge?

5. Zroth - I'd like to know what you think about all the other homicides that go on in Oakland, and why people are not out protesting those. There are a hell of a lot more murders in Oakland than this one. It is not Mayberry. This was an unfortunate accident and someone lost their life. How is it a double standard, was he not convicted? I will ask you too, What and why would you have liked to seen him get a greater charge? And did the evidence support the greater charge?

5. Did you see the stunned look on the officers face right after he shot him, or the daze he was in 20 minutes later in even more video footage?

6. Anyone care to comment on Oscar Grants buddies who were also getting arrested for fighting on the BART train. Or how the police that were there, had to control an overwhelming new years eve crowd of intoxicated people yelling, shouting, and trying to interfere BEFORE O.G. unfortunately got shot?

People really need to step back, and examine the whole situation. Today was a mostly peaceful protest, and I hope it continues in to the night peacefully as well. The original riots that that occurred after the initial shooting were not pretty, and we are lucky more people did not get killed, be it a protester or an officer. I have seen a lot of ignorant comments about the entire mess, and that is what it is.. a mess. Both for the Grant family and for the Mehserle family. My heart goes out to both families, as both have now been torn apart by this unfortunate accident.

I really think that if people want to protest this one incident, they should protest EVERY MURDER that happens during the year in the same manner. Only then will there truly be the change that is needed in Oakland.

~Druidae

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Druidae]

As long as people like you blindly support an insane and corrupt justice system, you can count on more stuff like this happening randomly. And some day, it might happen to you. And when it does...

I will be right there supporting the police for taking another "drone" off the planet so that way we can move forward with our evolution as a society.

There is always some nitwit supporting something that they don't fully understand. Forgive the aggression in this post, but, I've about had it with conformists always backing the system. Maybe if you do it long enough, the system will take you in as a pet rather than a slave like the rest of us.

And you pretend like Oakland is so tough. You guys wouldn't even survive a night in Gary, Indiana. And even they have more sense than you to know when the police have gotten out of line. Case in point, the police who unfairly shot this suspect wouldn't even have survived in Gary after something like that was witnessed. They would have been shot right along side the person that they victimized. You guys have no sense of community in California which is the reason why an earthquake will do what should have been done long ago.

Other than that,

Namaste and Love

[edit on 9-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wonder when Obama will stop this and explain to his voter base that this is wrong?

This is part of his "spread the wealth" plan!

The obama administration is planning to feed the flames, not stop it.

On Drudge the headline is that Atty. General Holder is planning to review the case to see if the state of CA didn't go far enough with it's prosecution of this guy and so maybe the feds need to step in. Tried to post a link, but too many people are trying to access that link now.

Here it is.

The U.S. Department of Justice will conduct an independent review of the Johannes Mehserle case in order to determine whether or not the shooting merits federal prosecution, according the department. "The Justice Department has been closely monitoring the state's investigation and prosecution," the department said in a statement.

"The Civil Rights Division, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the FBI have an open investigation into the fatal shooting and, at the conclusion of the state's prosecution, will conduct an independent review of the facts and circumstances to determine whether the evidence warrants federal prosecution."

And this is where congresswoman lee and the mayor of Oakland say they support the rioters ...

Lee said she stands with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, the City Council and community leaders in supporting people who want to express themselves.

So, what about government officials being in favor of law and order instead of rioters?

What about the constitutional protections against "double jeopardy" - being tried twice for the same crime?

Is it because the defendant is white, while obama, holder and local congresswoman lee are black that means we don't need to pay attention to the constitution?

What a surprise - not ...

[edit on 7/9/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Your premise is a bit off. I've spent plenty of time in the hood
There is no 'their' their. If you've spent any time in the hood,what burns is owned by those with lesser degrees of pigmentation, most of the housing is rentals/section 8 and as such, given what I've seen in them, hold nothing of value other than various quantities of intoxicants, some weaponry and entertainment centers of varying quality. No need to worry about books or anything of quality burning, there isnt any.
One needs no riot to destroy the neighborhoods, once the subsidies stop, or rent stops coming in, after 6 months of procedure you finally get to go in and find everything of intrinsic value destroyed as a now traditional thank you to the actual landlord, who gets to replace all the wood, copper, glass and procelain products that have been destroyed or stolen for sport..

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I love the posts about cops dressed up as "anarchists" to provoke a riot.

Are people really serious about that?? In Oakland? I'd love to know where cash strapped Oakland came up with the money to pay for undercover cops AND those jokes the "peace ambassadors" when they just laid off 80 cops because they couldn't afford them.

This wasn't Toronto, it was any other weeknight in Oakland.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by centurion1211

Your premise is a bit off. I've spent plenty of time in the hood
There is no 'their' their. If you've spent any time in the hood,what burns is owned by those with lesser degrees of pigmentation, most of the housing is rentals/section 8 and as such, given what I've seen in them, hold nothing of value other than various quantities of intoxicants, some weaponry and entertainment centers of varying quality. No need to worry about books or anything of quality burning, there isnt any.
One needs no riot to destroy the neighborhoods, once the subsidies stop, or rent stops coming in, after 6 months of procedure you finally get to go in and find everything of intrinsic value destroyed as a now traditional thank you to the actual landlord, who gets to replace all the wood, copper, glass and procelain products that have been destroyed or stolen for sport..

No, by "theirs" I meant their homes and their businesses. Regardless of who owns them, it is where their own people live and work that the rioters are destroying.

*** Rioter sits in ruins of store where he used to work and says, "Guess I showed them!" ***

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by Druidae

Wow, reading your missive suggests that there are some/enough that are incapable of self restraint or recognizing what is beneficial for their own good. What's the matter with destroying property if the majority feel it's appropriate? Democracy in action I say, especially with obvious to all proof of police provocateurs dressed up to look like real hoodrats breaking things up. Some pretty good makeup and wardrobe, wot? Keep it up and you could be the next venue for a million man march and the rev's Sharpton and Jackson all up in yer grills with righteous indignation.
Clearly a thought-criminal in our midst. You must make amentds stat, send them more of your money...

hehe, you said grills. When we were little we would make them out of Wrigleys chewing gum wrappers =) I have lived in Oakland and San Francisco for the past 14 years, and was born and raised in the Bay Area. I have intimate knowledge of the area, and what goes on there on a daily basis. I used to live right down the street from where the protests were. 58th and Telegraph if you want to google earth it to see proximity.

How is destroying someone elses neighborhood beneficial to the people whose neighborhood it is? Oakland has enough problems. I posted a link a few pages back with Oakland crime statistics. We have enough problems here. The last thing we as a city need is people from out of town coming in and causing trouble. 70% (quoted from a print article in todays paper, still trying to find a digital copy, no scanner here) of the 83 people arrested were from out of town. How is that fair to the people that live in Oakland. The should go destroy and riot in the city they live in. Go riot in Pleasonton, or Blackhawk, or Fremont. How is it fair to the small business owners whose property is in the area of the protests who had their stores looted, their windows smashed out? These people ARE the community in that area. How is that being a thought criminal when I am speaking of MY OWN TOWN. I LIVE HERE! Had I wanted to, I could have strolled down the hill and watched/joined in. But why, what is the purpose? How is that justice for anyone?

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by jerico65

Wonder when Obama will stop this and explain to his voter base that this is wrong?

This is part of his "spread the wealth" plan!

The obama administration is planning to feed the flames, not stop it.

On Drudge the headline is that Atty. General Holder is planning to review the case to see if the state of CA didn't go far enough with it's prosecution of this guy and so maybe the feds need to step in. Tried to post a link, but too many people are trying to access that link now.

Here it is.

The U.S. Department of Justice will conduct an independent review of the Johannes Mehserle case in order to determine whether or not the shooting merits federal prosecution, according the department. "The Justice Department has been closely monitoring the state's investigation and prosecution," the department said in a statement.

"The Civil Rights Division, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the FBI have an open investigation into the fatal shooting and, at the conclusion of the state's prosecution, will conduct an independent review of the facts and circumstances to determine whether the evidence warrants federal prosecution."

And this is where congresswoman lee and the mayor of Oakland say they support the rioters ...

Lee said she stands with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, the City Council and community leaders in supporting people who want to express themselves.

So, what about government officials being in favor of law and order instead of rioters?

What about the constitutional protections against "double jeopardy" - being tried twice for the same crime?

Is it because the defendant is white, while obama, holder and local congresswoman lee are black that means we don't need to pay attention to the constitution?

What a surprise - not ...

[edit on 7/9/2010 by centurion1211]

"Regardless of the outcome of the trial their right to riot and loot shall not be infringed." This'll probably be passed by the same people. What a joke......yup Obama sure is fixing the race problems in the country. Hell, watching some of the videos, alot of these animals don't even bother to cover their faces......I guess so they can go home and watch themselves on their new stolen t.v.s.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why do these things always cause riots when rioting will in fact make any chance of appeal very very low?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, by "theirs" I meant their homes and their businesses. Regardless of who owns them, it is where their own people live and work that the rioters are destroying.

I can not understnd them hitting the small shops and i don't know if they are but hitting the corporations in the pocket is one way of getting the ear of the judges but better still they should go to where the judges live and have a little word.

This was an execution and justice will be done when the state gives the people two fingers and says it was all an acciedent, my foot.

You can see they are turning it into a black white isue to devide the people but everyone should be up in amrys about this killing because it will be them next.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
As long as people like you blindly support an insane and corrupt justice system, you can count on more stuff like this happening randomly. And some day, it might happen to you. And when it does...

My eyes are quite open thanks. I live here. I see the destruction on a daily basis. Read all of my posts in this thread. Read the crime statistics I have posted in links.

I will be right there supporting the police for taking another "drone" off the planet so that way we can move forward with our evolution as a society.

Not a drone, just someone who is smart enough to know HOW to fight the system. Smashing the windows out of a footlocker so you can steal shoes is not the right way.

There is always some nitwit supporting something that they don't fully understand. Forgive the aggression in this post, but, I've about had it with conformists always backing the system. Maybe if you do it long enough, the system will take you in as a pet rather than a slave like the rest of us.

So I am a nitwit, a conformist, a pet and a slave. Any other names you would like to call me?

And you pretend like Oakland is so tough. You guys wouldn't even survive a night in Gary, Indiana. And even they have more sense than you to know when the police have gotten out of line. Case in point, the police who unfairly shot this suspect wouldn't even have survived in Gary after something like that was witnessed. They would have been shot right along side the person that they victimized. You guys have no sense of community in California which is the reason why an earthquake will do what should have been done long ago.

Any time you would like a tour of a little area we call "ghost town" shoot me a U2U. I can arrange a tour for ya =) There are ways to fight against the system. All people are doing by rioting is hurting their cause, Unless you can arrange it on a nationwide level. The fruits of 200 people rioting really doesn't fill the basket to buck the system does it?

Would you feel the same way if it was a black cop that shot Oscar Grant? Do you agree that there should be outrage like this at EVERY killing that happens in the city of Oakland?

That this cycle of violence against each other needs to stop, that the infighting that is going on needs to stop so that we can focus on the real enemy? Like I said, there are ways to fight the system, and trust me, I do at every chance I get. Divided we fall, United we conquer. It's to bad they continue to divide us on a daily basis. It's to bad some people are not smart enough to realize this.

There is a much better way to express your anger than breaking windows out of local businesses. I personally know 7 small business owners in that area who had their windows smashed out and their stores looted last night. Want to know how many shot Oscar Grant. None of them. Guess how many were black. All of them.

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Cop was a retard, but yea, criminal negligence seems right.

What guy would take out a gun and shoot a guy in front of 3 fellow criminals and some 30 odd people?

Unbiased, the cop was a retard who got out the wrong side arm. He knows he screwed up, and he'll that's why he quite. He'll get 4 years because of it.

He did not do it on purpose, but that doesn't discount being a retard. Gun is long, taser is short.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't see anyone turning it into a black and white issue. Hmmm, proponderance of rioters/looters/animals are black....seems that does it for itself. Not to mention the criminals by passing shops with black owned signs in the windows. I'd say they pretty much did it themselves.....of course, I know that's a racist statment as they aren't at fault and the white men made them do this........what a joke.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't see anyone turning it into a black and white issue.

I did. The local media brought up race at every chance they could. Their reporting was irresponsible and sickening. My coworkers and I sat in our station for over 4.75 hours of overtime in SF waiting to be called out all the while watching the news and hearing over and over again how black this and white that.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How is bringing up the race of the criminals making it a black/white thing? Seems the actions of the criminals did that themselves.......And since this administration does not want to prosecute minorities for hate crimes now, lets just do away with all hae crime laws and truely make it a non black/white thing. The actions of people are what they are.....if you only atack businesses owned by a race other thaan yours, you have pretty much labeled yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Chill, dog, I be playing.
I'm just sittin here sippin on gin-n-juice, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.
Watching the nation be destroyed from within for the benefit of non and antiamericans, may as well have a light heart as a heavy one. It's so pseudoamerican to destroy when one is incapable of producing

soopnizizzle

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh, I get it now;

if you dress in a (usually) blue cop costume, wear a name tag and a badge and label yourself as security or police, you can kill, rob, and rape at will with pretty much no real consequences. And, you and your gang buddies can attempt to cover up your crimes without being charged with obstruction.

Now I get it.

Aren't costumes powerful.
Read "Adventures in Legal Land" if you still have doubts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join