It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Document preservation order for contract workers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The only thing that honestly has me wondering about this document and the validity is the fact that everywhere that there is a "BP" company name, they never post the Copyright letter or TM Letter as I am pretty sure it would be required for a legal document. But other than that. Nice find?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by januaryx5th

Great find Januaryx5th! I completely overlooked that, good eye.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
#7 basically gives BP the right to enter your home ('...or other location...'),

even when you are not there ('...at any time BP so chooses').

you would be desperate for work if you signed this.

It also looks like #3 is telling you what folder to put it in and what icon to shortcut, when they come to look for it. You're right about #7, but I doubt BP will do it. They'll send their Wackenhut goons over to do it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
reply to post by Spiro

Wrong mate. As a Sub-Contractor, you would have to sign one of them. Even if you are working for Halliburton, for all intents and purposes, BP would be your "boss", since Halliburton signed a work contract with them. I had to do the same thing when I recently was working for a Belgian dredging company here in Sydney. Even though I was still employed by my Dad, we were sub-contracted to the dredging company, so therefore I had to follow their instructions. And do all the safety inductions involved. It's basically standard procedure.

Greetings friend, thanks for the interesting reply

Is it standard procedure for ALL company's, outside of your own?

Just asking is all

Be safe and be well,

Spiro!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Miller Oil Spill Clean Up Contract a must read!

I found this document too at the same place but I had to discuss it with friends before I posted it. Its pretty bad...

So you also found this one on top of a trash can? Really you found Oil spill clean up documents for 2 different companies on the same trashcan?

What are you doing rooting around in trashcans is my first question. Second question is how stupid do you think I am to believe this? So if you are lying about the origin of the document you actually have no clue if this is even legit.

And lastly, there is nothing wrong with the second document you posted either, did you bother to really read these things even?

Did no one else notice this conflict in his posts?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Personally I think whomever made the decision to use dispersant and those that continue to allow their us should be executed for crimes against Humanity. That Corexit is some real bad stuff.

I couldn't agree more. This has to be a crime.... The stuff is illegal in Europe sooooo why is it okay to use it in the U.S.? The secrets need to stop. We the people seems to not have a say in anything that goes on down in The Gulf of Mexico. "We the people......" doesn't that mean anything anymore? :-(

The exact makeup of the dispersants is kept secret under competitive trade laws, but a worker safety sheet for one product, called Corexit, says it includes 2-butoxyethanol, a compound associated with headaches, vomiting and reproductive problems at high doses.

corexitdispersant.com...

Three ingredients of the two Corexit formulas were already available on material safety data sheets that outline the human health risks of using the dispersants in the workplace. Corexit 9527, used in lesser quantities during the earlier days of the spill response, is designated a chronic and acute health hazard by EPA. The 9527 formula contains 2-butoxyethanol, pinpointed as the cause of lingering health problems experienced by cleanup workers after the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill, and propylene glycol, a commonly used solvent.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

As far as I am aware, yes. We deal with ALOT of Ships crewmembers, and from the contracts I have read from some of them, it's they are the same. These guys are from Kiribati, and are employed by one Company. Then, they are basically hired out to various Merchant Shipping Companies. Now, in their contracts, it states that even though they are legally employed by their local company, they must strictly adhere to the regulations etc of the Merchant Marine company that takes them up for Employment on their vessels.

So as far as I know, it's not just a local thing here in Aus.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by from here to infinity

Of course you could be correct but why would someone fake a perfectly normal document which seems to imply that BP is doing what they can to make sure all evidence is preserved? I could see it if the document instructed people to shred and delete evidence.

If I were to fake a document to make a company look bad it wouldn't be instructing people NOT to destroy evidence.

Unless it's an attempt by a BP employee to make BP look innocent while shredding away in the back room.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is BP's legal use of it's name.

LEGAL NOTICE

The following sets out the terms and conditions of use of this Website.

Words and phrases such as "BP", "bp", "business unit", "company", "us", "we" and derivatives thereof in this Website are used generally and are intended to refer to the relevant member business unit and/or company or companies within the BP p.l.c. group of companies.

OUR LIABILITY TO YOU

The information (including any software algorithms, text or graphics) contained in this Website ("Website Information") is not comprehensive. Despite our efforts, it may not be accurate, up to date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. The Website and the Website Information is provided on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. We cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this Website. We make no representation or warranty, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness or currency of the Website Information including any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from the Website, and reserve the right to make changes and corrections to the Website and the Website Information at any time, without notice. The use of the Website is at your sole risk and any decisions or actions based on the Website Information are your sole responsibility. We accept no liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of whatsoever kind, arising out of access to, or the use of, this Website or the Website Information, even if we are advised of such losses or damages. No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to, any warranty as to merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property rights or third party rights, title, latent defects, uninterrupted service, fitness for any particular purpose or freedom from computer viruses, is given in conjunction with the Website or the Website Information. No information contained in this Website constitutes an invitation by or on behalf of bp to enter into a contract or risk management product arrangement with you. The actual terms and conditions of any contract or specific arrangement between you and bp may differ from the Website Information.

USE OF ANY HYPERLINK

We are not responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to our Website or to which you may gain access from our Website. If you hyperlink to any other website from our Website, then you are deemed to have acknowledged that we have not reviewed such other website and hereby disclaim responsibility for any information contained in any such site accessed through the hyperlink. We do not accept any liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of whatsoever kind, in connection with or arising out of access to, or use of, any such sites or links or any information contained therein.

OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT AND TRADE MARKS ON THIS WEBSITE

All information contained in this Website (including any software algorithms, text or graphics) is protected under copyrights laws and you are responsible for obeying all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of this Website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it; and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other use is strictly prohibited. All the contents of this Website and downloads from it are Copyright BP p.l.c. its affiliates and subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs contained in the Website may be considered trademarks, trade names or design marks of BP p.l.c. its affiliates and subsidiaries. The display of such trademarks, trade names or design marks in the Website does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to any other party. Any unauthorized use regarding publication, copying or modification of the information contained in this Website, including trademarks, trade names and design marks, may violate applicable legislation and may result in legal action. You may not frame this site nor provide a link to a page other than the home page without our express permission.

OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT

Other than in respect of personal information which will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Statement that appears in this Website, if you provide information to us, you agree that we have unlimited rights to such information and that we may use such information in any way we choose. We are committed to protecting your privacy. When you request information through this Website, we need to know your e-mail address or, where you wish it to be sent by post, your name and postal address. We use this to send to you the information you request in the form that you require. We will not pass your details to anyone else outside BP without your permission unless required by law to disclose the same and then only to the extent so required. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may utilize the information for the purpose of corresponding with you and providing information relating to conducting e-commerce initiatives involving our company and any other intended purpose(s). All information which is personal in nature, other than information pertaining to the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization, will be treated in confidence in accordance with applicable privacy law.

ID AND PASSWORD

You are provided with an identification code and password exclusively for use by you in accessing this Website. You shall take such actions as are necessary to maintain the confidentiality and otherwise to prevent the unauthorised use of the identification code and password and you agree to notify us promptly in the event that any unauthorised person has gained access to them. You hereby authorise us and any party claiming through us to rely upon any information and instructions set forth in any data transmission using the identification code or password without making further investigation or enquiry and regardless of the actual identity of the individual transmitting the same in connection with the operation of the Website, save in the case of our negligence or willful default. You shall indemnify and hold us harmless from any claim, proceeding or damages relating to the use, misuse or unauthorised use of the identification code and password, save in respect of our negligence or willful default.

WHAT LAW GOVERNS THIS WEBSITE?

If you are located in the United States, your use of this Website and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms and conditions, shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas (being deemed by both ourselves and you as the place where agreement was made for these terms and conditions) and any applicable Federal law. The Courts of Texas shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this Website. If you are located in Canada, your use of this Website and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms and conditions, shall be interpreted and governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta (being deemed by both ourselves and you as the place where agreement was made for these terms and conditions) and the federal laws of Canada applicable herein and you hereby irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta over any dispute arising out of your use of this Website. In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms and conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.

YOUR COMMENTS?

We are happy to discuss any questions and comments of any issue concerning the operation of this Website if you contact us at: BP NAGP - Website Administrator, 501 Westlake Park Blvd., Houston, TX 77079 or [email protected].

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the sad thing is fisherman or any kind of person who works on a boat will probably sign this and work for BP. regardless of how bad it sounds, its money and thats what these family need!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That contract shows no BP letter head, therefore wouldn't it not be a legal document? So it can't be binding, it could be said that anyone could draw up something like that. Shouldn't it be on BP Company letter head? Than you would think that it makes it a legal and binding contract, also shouldn't it have a part for a witness signature as well.
Just trying to point a few things out that could have a positive reaction to these poor people that are being used by BP.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Hey sputniksteve, I also immediately noticed the odd coincidental-ness of it. I was postponing commenting on it til, the OP answered my previous questions I posted on page 2.

Quite interesting isn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Hii Primordial! You're absolutely correct in your statements. Thing is I don't believe that the OP faked them at all. I just dont think that the document posted is authentic. Wrap your head around that one...

I'm not sure who faked it but I don't think it was the OP.

...Then again it may be real, who knows? I was just calling out the oddities I found within it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Nope. Hell, there are even times when an unwritten, Verbal contract is legally binding.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Greetings hawaii50th! I noted the exact sentiments that you mentioned, early on. I think it's great that you thought the same and reiterated it.

edit to correct sentence structure.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by from here to infinity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by from here to infinity
Regardless of the message being relayed within, I personally (partially) doubt the authenticity of this document.

It's condition alone should be a red flag...

edited (again) to add: That I find it striking how for nearly 2 pages every poster commented on what the text of the document said before even checking to see if any of the document itself was even authentic. Had noone else really done any side work to see if anything mentioned was even true?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by from here to infinity]

I thought I was the only one who doubted this document. Especially when considering these other hints on this fraud.

1.) If you analyze the writing style of this document, it is apparent that the writer is definitely a regular civilian having to use examples in his documents which can be erroneous due to its limitation on its legal binding

2.) If your in LA, the government would not require BP to "preserve" documents and to force LA workers to keep their mouths closed, because there is nothing they have that is access to that pertaining to the Deepwater Horizon Incident (btw legal documents dont use unofficial titles to describe, rather it wouldnt even matter if it was pertaining to such incident, they dont have to disclose a date or "title")

4.) these type of documents are not just loosely handed out. they would come in a packet of papers, they would show a cover letter and such. and whoever threw out just those two pages would get caught seeing as all employees are required to hand in their papers.

5.)BP makes enough money to hire a good enough lawyer that would not make such a disastrous document which can get them heat

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Very true TerribleTeam2. Although with a subject matter this serious involving the nations (possibly?) greatest oil catastrophy, I don't think things would have been done so hastily. But who knows, maybe they were. I just think they would have done everything by the book, now that the nation's eye is on them.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Data_Corrupt

Salutations Data_Corrupt! Very well said. The points you've made couldn't be more truthful. You've made a lot of points that I blatently overlooked. Thanks for pointing those things out

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is pretty standard fare. I work for a large software firm and anytime there is a lawsuit in progress regarding a particular client, they send us a blanket email that basically says, "Hey, if you have any documents relating to client 'X', do not destroy or delete them, they may be relative to the case".

They have to notify their employees/contractors by law to preserve documents. They simply don't want to be accused of destroying evidence. I wouldn't get too excited over this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by from here to infinity

True. But what people have to remember is that unfortunately, the mind doesn't work at 100% capacity at all times, and mistakes are made. This doesn't justify the negligence on BP's part, and the event that started it all, but when writing/typing up contracts, mistakes are made.

And when something of this magnitude happens, everyone would be pulling the long shift, to keep up with everything that is going on. Think of it this way - even when fully rested, cool, calm and collected, mistakes are made. So imagine what kind of mistakes can be made when tired, stressed, and under extreme pressure from all angles???

Again, I repeat, in no way do I condone the Negligence on BP's part, and I really do hope that they are forced to pay through the teeth. Only problem with that, or if it sends them bankrupt, the guys on the rigs/vessels/everything else that keeps BP going, will get the short straw and lose their jobs.

And that's the problem when an event of this magnitude happens. At the end of the day, the Executives/Directors and other higher ups can still drive their BMW's home to their mansions, even if the company does go broke, while the guys that helped make all the Billions of dollars worth of profits for the company get FUBAR'd..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join