It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Document preservation order for contract workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The documents are real, and Workers have signed them.

I would not sign them however and a friend that is a Lawyer wouldn't recomend it either. I find it intresting that some members here doubt the authenticity of the documents. I can understand that some may question the way that the documents were found and that is understandable but that is not really the issue here.

I posted them because of clause 7

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm going to guess knowing what I do about backdoors and the interwoven relationships between big corps that when you make that folder on your desktop named what they want you to name it they can automatically get into your folder and that is why it says they have authority granted by you the signer to access these files at any time.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
OK, I'm baffled. BP would be nuts to not have people sign this. BP is liable if a document is destroyed.

I don't even see the point of posting it? To show BP is acting responsibly?

Paranoia not only runs deep, it makes people stop thinking clearly. With all there is to criticize BP for, why make a scene about something this meaningless?

Google about BP's checks to fisherman being 7 weeks late for the May payment and that they canceled the next payment which is also late and was supposed to be delivered two days ago. That is a conspiracy, this is just a sensible document any company would require under these circumstances.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

While clause 7 is quite odd, what I find even more odd is your lack of response in relation to the questions posed regarding its authenticity. Do you not see how strikingly apparent these things are?

An official document would look like this (As taken from your "Miller BP Oil Spill Clean Up Contract a must read!" thread):

Take note of the official items boxed in red, this is precisely what this thread's documents are lacking.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by from here to infinity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well if it is a real document than BP is covering it's behind by not putting this document on their letter head. This way, if they wind up in a legal battle all they have to do is deny, deny. It's not on their letter head, they'll say, anyone could have typed that up to make BP look bad. I know it's all insane, but have you noticed lately all the craziness that's going on. Somebody threw out the baby with the bath water and said, "now that's how it's done." Their greed has made them mad men or women.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's about protecting themselves (BP) so no one can come back and make medical, claims against BP. It's also called damage control, BP is up to it's neck already, they don't want to completely sink. BP all this time have been building up their defense for when and if they end up in court.
In a real world a contract without a letter head and a place for a witness to sign is bunk.
And as for verbal contracts they don't exist in these times of lawsuits.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
**Well according to an attorney I know that read it He wouldn't sign it.

You give BP or their designate the right to search your house, person, and any electronic devices you have in your possession. **

no you don't

where did your friend go to law school?

edit for: typo.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SecretGoldfish]

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SecretGoldfish]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
**#7 basically gives BP the right to enter your home ('...or other location...'),

even when you are not there ('...at any time BP so chooses').**

only if they can demonstrate the likelihood that such documents are in your possession, and further that they are likely to be in hour home.

and then only by court order.

relax.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
After speaking privately with SWCCFAN, I am now of the mindset that these documents are in fact authentic.

Gratz again on having your thread make the front page SWCCFAN!

[edit on 9-7-2010 by from here to infinity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
you do realized BP is legally bound by disclosure laws, hence the reference to pending legal actions . . even if an employee decided all on his own to 'keep' some potentially legally relevant documents, BP is *still* legally liable for that employee's decison, right?

this agreement allows BP to collect from its emploees any documents that BP may be LEGALLY OBLIGATED to disclose in any legal action

so for example florida's eventual state suit against BP should be held up because an employee decides he'd rather not turn over relevant information to BP, who in turn is obilgated to turn them over to florida?

um, no.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the documents are real, I had to sign them to keep my job all though there is a page or two missing, please the below statement that is in the part of the documents I had to sign to keep my job. and please read carefully,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miller Environmental Group and all of its subsidiaries and all of its employees from any liability for any act that causes injury.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS MEANS EVEN IF THEY HAVE THERE GOON SQUADES BEAT YOU SENSELESS AND YOU ARE IN A COMMA or you and some others on the job get into it and 10 on 1 ,,you get hurt or killed YOU HAVE NO LEGAL RECOURSE
other than to press charges for assult ,,, the company nor the employees that commited the offence can be held for money damages. as per my attorney that I consulted before i signed them, but I need the work. so I signed.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Look at it this way B.P. is doing everything it can to hide the truth of the mega disaster.there threatening people left and right on the coast there knot letting the journalist document and report what is really going on down there. these documents if u sign them will take Ur rights away u are agreeing to let them search Ur computer and cell phone and text messages as they don't want anything to get out there that paints them in a more negative light than they already are. and they are covering it up. I live down here in the bayou state so i do believe i have room to gripe about this.

all so SWCCFAN very good find and keep digging no telling what else they may throw out
::

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Why not try sending it to the Drudge Report? Or even several news agencies? There is also an attorney representing the fishermen in Louisiana who might be interested in it. I don't know his name but he has beenon the news today complaining that BP is balking on promised payment.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCrowley

You can not sign your rights away. It is not legally possible. Any document that would do that is on its face void and meaningless.

The purpose of these things is that many people will keep any pledge to do anything if they sign it. If this was serious, it would have been nearly impossible to understand and would have had to be notarized on both copies, yours and theirs.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
#7 basically gives BP the right to enter your home ('...or other location...'),

even when you are not there ('...at any time BP so chooses').

you would be desperate for work if you signed this.

You wouldn't believe just how desperate ONE OUT OF TEN Americans are for work.
I'm one of them. Don't know if I'd sign this after reading it... but I guess that means I wouldn't work for them. Oh well. I'll still be able to sleep at night.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11

Why not try sending it to the Drudge Report? Or even several news agencies? There is also an attorney representing the fishermen in Louisiana who might be interested in it. I don't know his name but he has beenon the news today complaining that BP is balking on promised payment.

^ This. Matt Drudge loves this kind of dirt. It's a hell of a way to get it viral.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You can not sign your rights away. It is not legally possible. Any document that would do that is on its face void and meaningless.

The purpose of these things is that many people will keep any pledge to do anything if they sign it. If this was serious, it would have been nearly impossible to understand and would have had to be notarized on both copies, yours and theirs.
it was notarized on both copies, mine and theirs

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

It has been sent out ....
Government controls the media!

I have a friend that submited it to all the news sites the could find and he was up until the early hours to get this out as well.

It was posted here on ATS after I could not put it on wikileaks due to home PC issues.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have questions about the legitimacy of this document. Not questioning the OP here, because all we can do at this point is take them at their word, only questioing the authenticity of the document prior to it being thrown in the trash.

Reasons for the questions:
1. Why isn't this on BP letterhead?
2. Why is there no place at the bottom of the document asking for the signer's company affiliation and even contract number and authority level within said contractor firm? I've been an engineer on an investigated project and have signed one of these. You are a nameless, faceless drone to the lawyers and investigators... all they care about is "What company is this one from and how large is their sway?" Seems odd that BP would only ask for individual's names and signatures sans knowing which of their multitude of contractor firms that name is employed by.

I attempted to search out this Kelly Pritchard... I may have stumbled across enough pieces for someone else to assemble the puzzle. The 281 phone number traces to Houston Tx, so I searched for a Kelly Pritchard in Houston. I managed to find one who works as a paralegal for Jackson Walker lawfirm in Houston. Jackson Walker is involved in the energy sector heavily and were part of the squadron of lawyers who tried to get the deepwater drilling ban tossed. Aside from that, I've got nothing. It seems strange that a paralegal would be the contact point for legal advice to BP subconsultants in the largest oil disaster in US history... but maybe they are trying to scrimp and save to make their dividend payments.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This is true when dealing with the government. Problem is, the people who sign these contracts are dealing with corporations, not government. All the Bill of Rights declares is that Congress shall pass no laws infringing upon the rights of the individual.

Great example of this is found in Freedom of Speech. The Don Imus incident on CBS radio was inactionable by the FCC. All Imus did was speak his mind, within the guidelines of standards of decency extablished by the law. Yet he was quickly fired. Your company you work for can punish you brutally for using your rights... but the feds cannot.

Anyone who signs this doesn't give up their rights, but they sure do give up any legal grounds to deny BP access to their property.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join