It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Russian sub 'could stop oil leak'

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Russian sub 'could stop oil leak'

news.bbc.co.uk...

The subs have started their third season of exploration at Lake Baikal

Russian-built submersibles would be able to cap the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, the captain of one of the vessels has said.

The skipper was speaking as two of the subs - which can dive to 6,000m - started a campaign of exploration at the bottom of Lake Baikal in Siberia.

He added that there was still time for the subs to help BP with the disaster.

The subs are searching for gas hydrates - a potential alternative fuel source - on the bed of Baikal.

Yevgenii Chernyaev told BBC News that the problem had to be addressed at the highest level.......................................................................................................

Like they will let the Russians help




posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Do you guys remember the "Kursk" incident? The US offerd to help and the Russians declined and all those souls were lost.
I think the USA will just say no to the ruski help on that issue alone. Also to let another power come in to the rescue would make the Obama administration look incompitent



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Also to let another power come in to the rescue would make the Obama administration look incompetent

lmao
too late for that one



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long
 


So.... the captain claims he could cap the leak., but doesnt explain how...


hmmmmmm...

more useless suggestions from people seeking and gaining free publicity and an ego boost...

maybe i can get cnn to interview me if i claim i know how to plug a leak.

And then i can blame Obama for my tooth ache.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, according to BP, they will have this all fixed by the end of the month -- cough -- I doubt they'll accept help from anyone at this point.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is one step for mankind to come together as a planet , a whole spcies comprised of billions, and they have to make it a political agenda to the very end.

Who cares as long as they are from this shared planet, sheeze!



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is one step for mankind to come together as a planet , a whole spcies comprised of billions, and they have to make it a political agenda to the very end.

Who cares as long as they are from this shared planet, sheeze!


Well, seeing as they didnt even explain HOW they would fix the leak, it would appear 'they' arent really offering any help.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
I think the USA will just say no to the ruski help on that issue alone. Also to let another power come in to the rescue would make the Obama administration look incompitent


I don't think they need anything so dramatic as another country stopping the leak to make them look incompetent.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare
 


Because I totally expected the President to be a deepwater structural engineer, and deep sea free-diver. :-)



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood
 


If they claim they can stop it then why not let them have a shot? But we all know they will be refused... But ask yourself why?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by SeenMyShare
 


Because I totally expected the President to be a deepwater structural engineer, and deep sea free-diver. :-)



Well he is a clone of an ancient Egypt King so i suppose anything is possible



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I agree.
America is to proud to allow someone else to help them do something they cannot.
They'd rather let the ocean be destroyed...


... i mean its not as if anyones not going to profit of this , is it?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out the negative aspect of this..

Is it better to be void of integrity and morality than to come together for the common good?

I say give them a shot. What could it hurt at this point?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Do you guys remember the "Kursk" incident? The US offerd to help and the Russians declined and all those souls were lost.
I think the USA will just say no to the ruski help on that issue alone. Also to let another power come in to the rescue would make the Obama administration look incompitent
[/quote


S&F OP !

Star to Master Shen
The last part of your statement is the real truth behind refusal from the very beginning !



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Did he say using one or two subs? Is that even physically possible with the amount of pressure that stuff's coming out of there at?

reply to post by ThreeNF
 

It's going to be a verrrrrrrrry long month, isn't it?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If the Russian gov. possesses technology to dive that deep, the Americanaz gov. does also and I wouldnt put it past China gov. either. Hopes I am wrong for the sake of many.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long
 


I can't see how these subs could stop the oil leak/spill.

They could help in some way, I guess.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood
 


There are entire think tanks of experts willing and wanting to come in and use the latest technology to save the Gulf, or whats now left of it, and they have all been refused!

Arrrggg!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by antar]



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by justadood
 


There are entire think tanks of experts willing and wanting to come in and use the latest technology to save the Gulf, or whats now left of it, and they have all been refused!

Arrrggg!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by antar]


frustraiting isnt it? Wonder what the real reason is for them to be all refused?
The mind boggles



posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long
 


It's really beginning to look more and more as if they're hiding something down there, stalling for some reason. or both. There's just something so off about it all.




top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join