It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian sub 'could stop oil leak'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What a more better way to hide something than with a giant oild fume spewing out in all directions.....
but yea i agree they are defo hiding something, especialy when they refuse so much outside help.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
yeah they are hiding something down there...they are using the dispersants to sink all that oil down to the bottom so the satellite and arial pictures don't look so bad....you know ...out of sight out of mind...what a horrible mess...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Also to let another power come in to the rescue would make the Obama administration look incompitent

Sorry to bring this line out again, but to me (and this is my opinion) accepting foreign aid would actually make this administration look like it was able to do something other that sitting in a corner and sucking its thumb unless it had its Congress ready to jump at their call.

Now that I got that out of the way. I have to agree with the sentiment that there is a lot being hidden with this spill. Maybe the spill was made to cover something up, or things are being hidden in it now that it has happened. Remember, this is the administration and group of poli-chickens that believe in not letting a good crisis go to waste. If they fixed it quickly they wouldn't be able to regulate the economy more by imposing cap and trade for instance.

Just my thoughts as I get ready to KO for the night.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What is hysterical here (the thread and a number of the posts) is how the U.S. would be embarassed by foreign help.

Now lets review, British Corporation (BP) is responsible for the disaster and is being given carte blanche to fix the problem their way.

Now while I myself don't believe America ever won it's independence from England, and futher don't believe England ever won it's independence from Rome, most people do believe America (the United States) and England are two different sovereign nations.

So based on that thinking we are clearly letting a foreign corporation solve this problem.

However having said that, why are we letting a foreign corporation solve this problem to the extent that the American government does not really treat them like a foreign entity?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Well, seeing as how the top guys at BP cant 'stop' it, despite being motivated by, you know, not losing hundreds of billions in profit, then i feel a bit skeptical about mr russian sea captain who makes make, sweeping statements about a well but offers not even a shred of tangible evidence to explain 'how'.

Just because someone offers to 'help' doesnt mean their help would be useful. A lot of useless 'help' is offered every day. Hell, there are people in this forum who keep offering simplistic 'solutions' like 'plug the leak'.

Tell me, if your toilet is backed up, would you let just any random neighbor of yours come by and tinker with it, even if he offers no rational explanation of his understanding of plumbing, or your specific problem?

Then again, i find the notion that 'they' 'want' this to happen ludacris and contradictory.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
reply to post by ~Lucidity

but yea i agree they are defo hiding something, especialy when they refuse so much outside help.

What, specifically, constitutes 'so much help'? This seems to be a bit of an unsubstantiated 'meme' floating around the internet now, that the US is 'refusing' help. But what is the 'specific 'help' that is being offered and refused? Can you point out several examples to support your claim that \so much outside help' has been refused?

Just because some random guy claims he can 'fix' something doenst mean he can.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by justadood

There are entire think tanks of experts willing and wanting to come in and use the latest technology to save the Gulf, or whats now left of it, and they have all been refused!

Arrrggg!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by antar]

Again, can you cite examples of these 'entire think tanks'? And what were their specific ideas that were refused?

These vague references to help refused isnt convincing me.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Dude, my neighbor TOTALLY knows how to fix this leak, and he sent an Email to Obama and everything, and he was like 'oh, i can fix it', and Obama didnt even call him back!! So, clearly, Obama wants the Gulf to die because he refused my neighbors help.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I really dont think this was as much of an offer as it was a statement.

One saying to the world in the nicest way possible, "You(Obama) could stop this if you wanted to and we both know it".

This is a very big statement. Nicely done. I hope this makes bigger news so that everyone can see the CHOICE that has been made and will continue to be made when Obama says no thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Most people just do not understand.
Yes this problem could have been fixed long ago but why?
If you fix said problem there would be no fear to be pressed.
You see they have to give us reason enough to send the 3% out into the open so they can pick them off.
And if the gusher does not work they will engineer something else.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Because I totally expected the President to be a deepwater structural engineer, and deep sea free-diver. :-)

The OP was talking about the administration, not necessarily the POTUS.
I followed suit when I said "they".

That said, they have at their disposal the greatest minds in the country, so what's the problem? All of the greatest minds can't agree on a plan of action!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join