It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
People can 'marry' whom they want, live and let live.

What I hate is the homosexual propaganda machine telling us that homosexuality is perfectly normal.

Until you start delivering babies out of your ass, don't tell me it's 'normal'. When 90% of the population is as nature intended, and 10% isn't, don't try to tell me that the 10% is normal. It's abnormal.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

And what values are those? Jesus never condoned homosexuality period. Jesus set the standard for relationships when he said a man should leave his parents and cleave unto his WIFE not life partner. Given that he also said that sex was for a man and his wife only then the whole homosexual lifestyle is against Jesus' teachings. Not to mention that Paul said plainly in Romans that homosexuality is wrong. But you do not need Christianity to argue homosexuality. It is unnatural in that sex has a single purpose in nature and that is procreation. You cannot procreate with your same sex. So again tell me how I'm not living up to Jesus' teachings?
Don't give me the crap about judge not,,, I am not judging anyone, I'm discerning right from wrong. I'm not telling anyone that they are gonna burn or anything. When you tell a murderer that what he did was wrong did you judge him? No, you used discernment and common sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

I could not have said it any better myself. Yet it is odd that the 10% scream far louder than the 90%
All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for homosexuals. THEN DON"T BE HOMOSEXUAL!!!! It's your CHOICE

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

You did a great job responding to a part of my post! You however, have not cited the sources for those statistics as I asked you to do.

Discerning and judging are the same thing (synonyms). Playing the syntax card was not a very effective way of deflecting my position. When you "discern" you "judge" and when you "judge" you "discern". I do not think you will be able to use the syntax argument when the Judgement comes so why would you use it now?

I won't even get into a discussion about choice, nature v nurture and so forth as that is worthy of a thread completely of its own and to branch off into that topic will be feeding your trollish behavior even more than I already have.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Calling for mod intervention and then seconding a post with profanity.
Gold. Pure comedy gold.
Not to mention relying on statistics while ignoring the effects of a Bible to the forehead at every turn. Why would some have finally broken? It's a mystery.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic
You even covered the actual moderator in that.

Off topic but needs to be addressed. My opinion carries no extra weight with it because I'm a mod. His opinion, inside the T&C, is just as valid as anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by texastig

Dude ok then, a gay guy and his partner goes into a church, the usual self righteous assholes then do the usual abomination speech and these guys then go. Never to return.

IT IS THE HOLY SPIRITS JOB TO CONVICT PEOPLE OF SIN NOT YOURS! It is God who does the work on people NOT YOU!

Cant really go with this here. There was a case of a man and his mother married in chruch and Paul told them to toss them out. In short they were not to let them flaunt thier maddness in front to the congregation.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

I lived in Brisbane Australia for a while and went to a church that was smack in the middle of the red light district... This ws a great church full of true Christians who did loads in that community... Because of the none judgementlness and acceptence of that church a transvestite started to come. He wore womens clothes, was openly gay but was accepted... Weeks passed by then this guy turned up in male clothes and we could not recognise who he was... He went to the front and gave himself to God... He is now a big time preacher who ministers to th LGBT community.. He is married with kids.. All because we just loved on him and let God do the work... And He did indeed...

I miss that place... TRUE CHURCH... You can keep your laodician crap..

Well this was an evangelical setting you mention here and a good story. And I am not trying to be a hard ass but simply saying that Paul mentions several things that at some point must be censured in a church or as evidence of unregeneration. Maybe Pauls idea about church was diffrent from the setting you mention here which is an evanglical outreach.

What would you say if you found out in another case after becoming a minister this man was found to be back out hitting the gay bars and doing the cross dressing on the side? That he had been fronting. But this could go for anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So...what do ANY of these posts have to do with the topic?
Seems like doctrinal hairsplitting among "christians",religious opinion. and posting hate.
yeah hate.
take many of these posts, substitute "black, or to be quaint, 'negro" for gay. see how acceptable they are then mods. I say this because it's almost EXACTLY like the arguments I saw in the 60's as to why the races needed to be segregated, complete with BS statistics. but I guess that's just hunky dory as long as the prejudice is couched in religious terms.
Sorry, I don't find your homophobic hate OK because the bible says so, or any of the other mumbo jumbo you superstitious throwbacks care to site.
It's still unacceptable hate speech ignorant, and just plain stupid.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You even covered the actual moderator in that.

Off topic but needs to be addressed. My opinion carries no extra weight with it because I'm a mod. His opinion, inside the T&C, is just as valid as anyone else's.

I meant with regards to saying everyone is off topic.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I was particularly impressed at the people that actually seem to know about or practice the true values of their religion chastising the pseudo religious and those who use their religion as a crutch for their bigotry.

You protest to much. Even those that seem to chasten the pseudo with the true values of their mutual religion have a big old ax to grind. Their problem is as big as the bigots in that they want a pass of sorts and really in my experance have a problem with many types of moral governance. Now that is the religious yet practicing type. The type that want to be ministers and gay.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Gone because I see Olddraggers point. This should be secular debate.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So this subject turns into christian chit chat.
How cute.
All of these posts are OT, there are plenty of message boards for christians to engage in endless prattle.
why is this thread still open?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
So...what do ANY of these posts have to do with the topic?
Seems like doctrinal hairsplitting among "christians",eligious opinion. and posting hate.
yeah hate.take many of these posts, substitute "black, or to be quaint, 'negro" for gay. see how acceptable they are then mods. I say this because it's almost EXACTLY like the arguments I saw in the 60's as to why the races needed to be segregated, complete with BS statistics. but I guess that's just hunky dory as long as the prejudice is couched in religious terms.
Sorry, I don't find your homophobic hate OK because the bible says so, or any of the other mumbo jumbo you superstitious throwbacks care to site.
It's still unacceptable hate speech ignorant, and just plain stupid.

These will and are the issues folks have in mind on both sides when they step into the voting both.

You have a point but really the issue of gay marriage is another bird. Trying to beat down the opposition to gay marriage with this old segregation argument looks like some intelectual lazyness and flailing away. Your position is so weak that you have to piggy back on real civil rights headway made by a race of people for the good of all. Americans as a whole are not going to have a moment of clarity, a war or epiphany that gay marriage is the last great hurdle to a complete society. It would have to be something more along the lines of getting to the point where hetro sexuals lost all value for the institution of marriage by giving way to a small group of sexual eclectics and thier moral epicureanism.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
What I hate is the homosexual propaganda machine telling us that homosexuality is perfectly normal.

And the conservative homosexuals hate the heterosexual propaganda machine telling them that homosexuality is perfectly abnormal.

Look into a mirror now and then. Heterosexuals are not moral for simply being heterosexual.

As both sides can carry either moral or immoral traits. As well positive or negative behavior.

You're both wrong. Therefor neither of you should have your way. And you both have to let the other be.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Gone because I see Olddraggers point. This should be secular debate.

Even durring a good civil rights debate you are still going to be confronted with the philosophical reasoning of the sides.

Why dont some gays get on here and give us the story on civil unions and marriage ect ect from thier point, thier thoughts on a consitutional amendment in light of tradititonal holdings about marriage ect ect.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for homosexuals. THEN DON"T BE HOMOSEXUAL!!!! It's your CHOICE

Wow, what a misinformed, bigoted statement.

My cousin is gay, he was born that way, and knew it since he was a child. He has had one partner in a small Texas town, and owns a very successful salon. I'll take his word about it being a choice over someone who cannot relate any day. The only "choice" to be made is who he wants to be with, and will he actually act on his attraction.

He was born and raised in a time and place where there were no outside influences. His entire family is straight, he went to church well through his adult life, they had no TV and even if they had, there was nothing gay there at the time. Point is, like it or not, actually BELIEVE it or not, he was simply born this way. And he's not alone, one merely has to look at some common traits and behaviors across the entire world to see this is something that occurs in nature to a small percentage of the population.

Now, let's take your statement and apply it to others who were born this way :

All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for blacks. THEN DON"T BE BLACK!!!! It's your CHOICE
All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for the blind. THEN DON"T BE BLIND!!!! It's your CHOICE
All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for the mentally handicapped. THEN DON"T BE MENTALLY HANDICAPPED!!!! It's your CHOICE

Seems silly, no? Well it is and so is your original statement.

Now, for fun let's apply your statement to others that it actually fits :

All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for Christians. THEN DON"T BE CHRISTIAN!!!! It's your CHOICE

And my favorite:

All you hear about nowadays is how unfair life is for the ignorant. THEN DON"T BE IGNORANT!!!! It's your CHOICE

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Trying to beat down the opposition to gay marriage with this old segregation argument looks like some intelectual lazyness and flailing away. Your position is so weak that you have to piggy back on
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BS! You obviously weren't there, it's an abstract argument to you, you don't
think in terms of real living human beings. And just because you dismiss the idea doesn't
t mean it's so easily dismissed. You say it's weak, but you have absolutly no moral position at all! NONE! The beliefe in christianity, or any beliefs YOU have are completly irrelevant as to civil rights. It doesn't matter at all what you believe!. it's simply a convient way for homophobes to dismiss the crux of the issue, human rights. You seem to be so confused you think citizens rights are a popularity contest1 That you, can either approve or dissaprove another persons right to happiness. And of course you disguise this hubris by jumping through intellectual hoops all the while. what nonsense.
Many on this board simply need to learn to mind their own business!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Originally posted by Darkrunner

And the conservative homosexuals hate the heterosexual propaganda machine telling them that homosexuality is perfectly abnormal.

Look into a mirror now and then. Heterosexuals are not moral for simply being heterosexual.

Thats all well and good but what we are talking about is changing and challenging the meaning of marriage and gays need to understand that. As it stands hetrosexuals are not considered immoral simply for being hetro whiel homosexuals are and gay marriage wont change that it would seem.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Trying to beat down the opposition to gay marriage with this old segregation argument looks like some intelectual lazyness and flailing away. Your position is so weak that you have to piggy back on ---
--------------------------------------------------
False! What WEAK thinking! Amazing!
it's about a acknowleding a LEGAL RIGHT to those that have been denied their rights!
Explain WTF right government has defining marriage anyway! If it effects you RELIGIOUS definition, too freakin bad!!!!!!!! Who cares about your religious definition, is it governments role to PROTECT YOUR RELIGIOUS VALUES?
Amazingly shallow!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join