It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge declares US gay-marriage ban is unconstitutional

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Proudconservative

You call everyone idiots and tell them to keep OT, then post the above about the function of the prostate? You even covered the actual moderator in that.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
I guess I can now go and murder people and steal because freedom is for everyone.
If we don't have God's laws then there will be anarchy.

Murdering and stealing have nothing to do at all with "God's" laws. These are inherent traits that the vast majority are born with that know either of these are wrong. You would be hard pressed to find a country or culture whose populace would accept either murder or stealing as perfectly legal, whether they be Christians or not.

Why? It's simply human nature.

Now, let's examine this "anarchy" theory due to the lack of "God's" laws you claim above.

Gluttony

As a native Texan growing up on the Gulf Coast, the Christian "religion" was forced upon me. Thankfully I resisted the whole way since I knew simply by using my mind and observing my surroundings that it was a complete joke.

However, spending time in many of a church as a child I saw plenty of fat people there, even fat preachers, and some churches even held after service get togethers at many of the fine all you can eat buffets in the area.

America itself is the most gluttonous nation in the entire world. We even have professional eating organizations and celebrate eating competitions on TV and other venues. Ironically, we see starving children on the same TV's while we continue to stuff our faces.

Is this against the law? No. It is "God's" law, correct? Yes.

Is there or has there been anarchy because of this? No.

Adultry

This is a big no-no according to "God". However, it is not against the law, you are free to knock boots with whomever you like as many times as you like and cannot be arrested for it.

Like it or not, most men and women are attracted to more than one person over the course of their lifetime. They may or may not act upon those urges, which would be a conscious decision to either give in to what is part of our animal instinct to procreate or actively decide not to participate for whatever reason, be it guilt, a sense or morality or obligation to a partner, etc.

When one realizes that only about 3% of the species in the animal world are monogamous by instinct, you realize why this is NOT that big of a deal.

You shall have no other gods before me.

Simple. We have freedom of religion. I can worship a slice of cheese if I like, and not have to worry about breaking the law.

Idolatry

See above. Here's another of "God's" laws that Christians seem to have no problem breaking on a regular basis, or even included as part of their "rituals". It speaks for itself.

How about the Sabbath?

Ok, I dig Black Sabbath, but that's for a different thread. Thankfully there is football on Sunday's that I'm free to watch without a fear of going to jail.

Honor thy Father and Mother

Not sure why not Aunts and Uncles too, but whatever. While this one makes much more sense on a personal level, it's clear there is no law stating we HAVE to do the above. In fact, many children call the police on their parents, or attempt legal separation, or even suing in a court of law.

Telling Lies

There's a little bit of a gray area here. Yes, it's illegal to lie while under oath. But beyond that, we lie all the time.

I've yet to be arrested for telling some lady on the street that her butt ugly baby is "sooooooo cute". Or anything else for that matter.

Is this against the law? Only while under oath. It is "God's" law, correct? Yes.

None of the above has been against the law in our history as a nation. And yet here we are, one of the most if not the most successful nation in the world. Why? BECAUSE of our willingness to allow our citizens to be free, to think for themselves and not be locked down to the oppressive ideologies of the past.

Without the talent, bravery and intelligence of such a diverse mix of "non-believers" and other oppressed peoples we would not be where we are today, we would be exactly what we were trying to escape so many years ago.

It would appear your claim of anarchy is nothing but a complete fabrication.

As consenting adults in a free society, we should all be allowed whom to choose as our partner without persecution, whether Jim-Bob in Hillbilly land likes it or not.

You don't like gay marriage? Then don't get one!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Proudconservative
Getting high feels good too...im assuming. but is it 'natural' to get high?

I don't profess to know. But, obviously God put cannabinoid receptors in our brains for a reason correct?

But, I thought you wanted to stay on topic and talk about this law?

As far as the law is concerned, I'm all for the fed staying out of the state's right to govern itself.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic
Science has demonstrated that it is natural. Maybe you can point me to some science where it is shown to be unnatural and therefor a 'lifestyle choice'.

Science has demonstrated that it is natural but I don't think it's the kind of homosexuality that you have in mind.

Homosexual behavior in animals is usually triggered by the presence of a female in estrous and is actually an act of aggressive dominance, where a lower ranked pack member is forced into submission - similar to what happens in a prison population. Females will act in the same way even though there is no possibility of penetration, and sometimes even dominate males. It is not about sex - except by proving dominance so that they can eventually mate and reproduce.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the promotion of homosexuality is a depopulation technique.

thats why all of the sudden its on every tv show...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
[

As consenting adults in a free society, we should all be allowed whom to choose as our partner without persecution, whether Jim-Bob in Hillbilly land likes it or not.

Great post.
Just wondering about that last bit, though.
In the case of California, for example, the big bucks used to campaign appear to have come from the Mormon, Catholic, and, to a lesser degree, various Protestant churches. These groups all used the same Bible to convince hispanics, blacks, pacific islanders, and whites to deny the right of gays to marry.
Why not call them out?
Where's their scorn?
Where's their ethnic slur?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Please specify which watered down re-transliteration of the Bible you are quoting from.
Because obviously the reason your passage sounds so modern is because it was not a literal translation but a translation adapted to modern society.

I quoted from the NIV.

The New International Version (NIV) is a translation made by more than one hundred scholars working from the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. It was conceived in 1965 when, after several years of study by committees from the Christian Reformed Church and the National Association of Evangelicals, a trans-denominational and international group of scholars met at Palos Heights, Illinois, and agreed on the need for a new translation in contemporary English. Their conclusion was endorsed by a large number of church leaders who met in Chicago in 1966. Responsibility for the version was delegated to a self-governing body of fifteen Biblical scholars, the Committee on Bible Translation, and in 1967, the New York Bible Society (now Biblica) generously undertook the financial sponsorship of the project.

Source

Let the utter mess of the NIV sink in. It is the amalgamation of 150 different egos debating over 3 distinct versions, reshaping it to fit modern constructs.

It is not THE BIBLE. It is The Bible, for a new era. One which tries to erase and bury the depravity of the bible and it's saints as to not contradict the obvious lack of holy inspiration.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The issue of Gay Marriage is often volatile and extensively debatable in most circles. What we must first realize is that marriage is not an invention of Christianity; while the Christian Wedding Ceremony has existed for a good deal of time it is not the original form of marriage. Various religions around the world have their own matrimonial customs some of which vary greatly from the Christian marriage so often spoken of on this thread. Some religions, even some sects of Christianity, promote polygamy, arranged marriages, and other marriage ideals outside of what the mainstream identifies as marriage in the United States.

That being said we must remember that the United States Constitution forbids the intermixing of religion and government affairs. With that in mind we must recognize that the Christian viewpoint of marriage or of homosexuals cannot be the basis for law in this nation; nor can any other dogmatic viewpoint provide for influence on law in this country. A theological doctrine cannot be transcribed into law as to do so would blatantly violate the freedom of religion in the U.S. Constitution. Therefore theologically based views on this issue from any religion cannot be sited as validation for any proposed or existing statutes on this subject.

The Constitution does not enumerate the entirety of our rights as citizens. It was written to restrict government to certain roles and does outline certain rights the government cannot legislate against. Whatever is not mentioned as a power or limit upon the federal government is left to the states to legislate as stated in the tenth amendment. Therefore it is indeed up to the states to decide what the parameters of a valid marriage are as long as this legislation does not have a theological base as the Constitution prohibits such actions.

Having said this it becomes clear, in my opinion that to deny two individuals of a right to a union and the ensuing societal and governmental benefits based upon anything other than their mutual desire to form that union is discrimination. Two like minded individuals wishing to form a bond between themselves should be recognized by government despite their race, gender, or any other physical/psychological factors. To do otherwise is discrimination by any definition of the word.

As to those whom would say marriage imparts no specific benefits that cannot be gained outside of marriage I would like to point out something called Tenancy of the Entirety.

A type of concurrent estate in real property held by a Husband and Wife whereby each owns the undivided whole of the property, coupled with the Right of Survivorship, so that upon the death of one, the survivor is entitled to the decedent's share.

A Tenancy by the Entirety allows spouses to own property together as a single legal entity. Under a tenancy by the entirety, creditors of an individual spouse may not attach and sell the interest of a debtor spouse: only creditors of the couple may attach and sell the interest in the property owned by tenancy by the entirety.

I would also like to address those that disagree with this statement. I support your right to disagree and will even go fight a war and die to preserve your right to the freedom of speech that enables you to disagree with me. Would you do the same for me?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudconservativeGetting high feels good too...im assuming. but is it 'natural' to get high?

Actually the receptors involved with getting high from Cannabis are natural.

They serve no real purpose outside of interacting with a few specific compounds.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by ProudconservativeGetting high feels good too...im assuming. but is it 'natural' to get high?

They serve no real purpose outside of interacting with a few specific compounds.

You got some more reading to do

Chocolate when metabolized produces compounds which bind with CB1 receptors. Hence chocolate produces cannabinoids.

Secondly, your own body naturally produces cannabinoids for both CB1 and CB2 receptors, which are also found in nature in Cannabis.

When you are in pain, your body releases CB1 bind-able compounds to help alleviate it.

EDIT: So yes, it is natural to get "high".

Cannabinoids, Endorphines, Saratonin.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Chocolate when metabolized produces compounds which bind with CB1 receptors. Hence chocolate produces cannabinoids.

Secondly, your own body naturally produces cannabinoids for both CB1 and CB2 receptors, which are also found in nature in Cannabis.

When you are in pain, your body releases CB1 bind-able compounds to help alleviate it.

And apparently you have some thinking to take care of.

Consider this, let's say all of this is designed by "God".

Cannabis is one of the only plants with the compounds it has in it.

Vertebrates have receptors for cannabinoids, which in large part don't do that much unless taken at high levels like from Cannabis.

It doesn't take much to assume that it may have been intentional and thus it may in fact be natural.

But I got a question for those against gay marriage;

Forget what is "natural" since arguing about what is and is not natural this day and age is #ing stupid.

Forget about religious arguments, because religious arguments in their very nature are #ing stupid.

Present a logical, reasonable argument with evidence supporting your argument that shows that homosexuality is as much of a threat as you believe it to be.

That's all. It's really that simple.

I wonder why no one has done this yet

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And apparently you have some thinking to take care of.

Consider this, let's say all of this is designed by "God".

Cannabis is one of the only plants with the compounds it has in it.

Vertebrates have receptors for cannabinoids, which in large part don't do that much unless taken at high levels like from Cannabis.

It doesn't take much to assume that it may have been intentional and thus it may in fact be natural.

Why do I have thinking to take care of for agreeing with you, just elaborating further?

To add to this. Dimethyltryptamine is a scheduled substance, yet everyones brain produces it in substantive quantities during sleep as to illicit an hallucination (dreaming).

I say ban sleeping also. Damned druggies!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

You cant "TRICK " someone into finding someone else attractive... Your own attraction to a certain type is not tricked into you and you are powerless to change that type... It cant be tricked into you

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
HHMM, let's see,,,,,,,,,,,
Here are some very interesting statistics about homosexuals. You know, the ones that we treat so unfairly.

•One study reports 70% of homosexuals admitting to having sex only one time with over 50% of their partners (3).
•One study reports that the average homosexual has between 20 and 106 partners per year (6). The average heterosexual has 8 partners in a lifetime.
•Many homosexual sexual encounters occur while drunk, high on drugs, or in an orgy setting (7).
•Many homosexuals don't pay heed to warnings of their lifestyles: "Knowledge of health guidelines was quite high, but this knowledge had no relation to sexual behavior" (16).
•Homosexuals got homosexuality removed from the list of mental illnesses in the early 70s by storming the annual American Psychiatric Association (APA) conference on successive years. "Guerrilla theater tactics and more straight-forward shouting matches characterized their presence" (2). Since homosexuality has been removed from the APA list of mental illnesses, so has pedophilia (except when the adult feels "subjective distress") (27).
•Homosexuals account for 3-4% of all gonorrhea cases, 60% of all syphilis cases, and 17% of all hospital admissions (other than for STDs) in the United States (5). They make up only 1-2% of the population.
•Homosexuals live unhealthy lifestyles, and have historically accounted for the bulk of syphilis, gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, the "gay bowel syndrome" (which attacks the intestinal tract), tuberculosis and cytomegalovirus (27).
•73% of psychiatrists say homosexuals are less happy than the average person, and of those psychiatrists, 70% say that the unhappiness is NOT due to social stigmatization (13).
•25-33% of homosexuals and lesbians are alcoholics (11).
•Of homosexuals questioned in one study reports that 43% admit to 500 or more partners in a lifetime, 28% admit to 1000 or more in a lifetime, and of these people, 79% say that half of those partners are total strangers, and 70% of those sexual contacts are one night stands (or, as one homosexual admits in the film "The Castro", one minute stands) (3). Also, it is a favorite past-time of many homosexuals to go to "cruisy areas" and have anonymous sex.
•78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs (20).
•Judge John Martaugh, chief magistrate of the New York City Criminal Court has said, "Homosexuals account for half the murders in large cities" (10).
•Captain William Riddle of the Los Angeles Police says, "30,000 sexually abused children in Los Angeles were victims of homosexuals" (10).
•50% of suicides can be attributed to homosexuals (10).
•Dr. Daniel Capron, a practicing psychiatrist, says, "Homosexuality by definition is not healthy and wholesome. The homosexual person, at best, will be unhappier and more unfulfilled than the sexually normal person" (10). For other psychiatrists who believe that homosexuality is wrong, please see National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality.
•It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us(10).
•Homosexuals were responsible for spreading AIDS in the United States, and then raised up violent groups like Act Up and Ground Zero to complain about it. Even today, homosexuals account for well over 50% of the AIDS cases in the United States, which is quite a large number considering that they account for only 1-2% of the population.
•Homosexuals account for a disproportionate number of hepatitis cases: 70-80% in San Francisco, 29% in Denver, 66% in New York City, 56% in Toronto, 42% in Montreal, and 26% in Melbourne (8).
•37% of homosexuals engage in sadomasochism, which accounts for many accidental deaths. In San Francisco, classes were held to teach homosexuals how to not kill their partners during sadomasochism (8).
•41% of homosexuals say they have had sex with strangers in public restrooms, 60% say they have had sex with strangers in bathhouses, and 64% of these encounters have involved the use of illegal drugs (8).
•Depending on the city, 39-59% of homosexuals are infected with intestinal parasites like worms, flukes and amoebae, which is common in filthy third world countries (8).
•The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75 (8).
•The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 24% live past age 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79 (8).
•Homosexuals are 100 times more likely to be murdered (usually by another homosexual) than the average person, 25 times more likely to commit suicide, and 19 times more likely to die in a traffic accident (8).
•21% of lesbians die of murder, suicide or traffic accident, which is at a rate of 534 times higher than the number of white heterosexual females aged 25-44 who die of these things(8).
•50% of the calls to a hotline to report "queer bashing" involved domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals) (18).
•About 50% of the women on death row are lesbians (12). Homosexuals prey on children.
•33% of homosexuals ADMIT to minor/adult sex (7).
•There is a notable homosexual group, consisting of thousands of members, known as the North American Man and Boy Love Association ( NAMBLA). This is a child molesting homosexual group whose cry is "SEX BEFORE 8 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE." This group can be seen marching in most major homosexual parades across the United States.
•Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the United States, which, assuming homosexuals make up 2% of the population, means that 1 in 20 homosexuals is a child molestor, while 1 in 490 heterosexuals is a child molestor (19).
•73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years of age (9).
•Many homosexuals admit that they are pedophiles: "The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality" (22).
•Because homosexuals can't reproduce naturally, they resort to recruiting children. Homosexuals can be heard chanting "TEN PERCENT IS NOT ENOUGH, RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT" in their homosexual parades. A group called the "Lesbian Avengers" prides itself on trying to recruit young girls. They print "WE RECRUIT" on their literature. Some other homosexuals aren't as overt about this, but rather try to infiltrate society and get into positions where they will have access to the malleable minds of young children (e.g., the clergy, teachers, Boy Scout leaders, etc.) (8). See the DC Lesbian Avengers web page, and DC Lesbian Avengers Press Release, where they threaten to recruit little boys and girls. Also, see AFA Action Alert.
www.traditioninaction.org...

So sure, let's give in to them and give em more rights they don't deserve.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

And did they also do a study on heterosexuals so that we could in an unbiased manner compare the two studies and make a judgement?

If not these statistics mean nothing.

What was it you were trying to prove?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

You don't have to compare, these are just stats about homosexuals, that's all. I was pointing out the dangers of the lifestyle CHOICE. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What a load......
What are the stats of child abuse, alcholoism, etc. amongst fundie christians?
God, you are a hateful jerk.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Where are the moderators when you need them? Don't call me names lil fella. I haven't said anything hateful at all. I just posted some stats, that's all. If you have a problem with the statistics then don't read them. I would absolutely love for you to U2U me and we can discuss this in private if you'd like though.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I know you were trolling but I cannot help but to reply. Please site the non biased sources for the statistics in your post.

I am curious if you've recognized the incongruity of your post vs. your screen name. You certainly do not seem to be espousing the Christian values Jesus speaks of in the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join