It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we brothers with five?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hello Brothers all and others.

My Name is David. MM Australia

Firstly all about to be said here by me is with the utmost brotherly love and respect I can muster.

This thread is most disturbing for me. I have found little harmony or peace and acceptance in its text.

A brother or two has clearly been wronged here.

Despite what text and or comments have been made by who ever.
I must maintain a known Master Masons Honour as if it was my own.

Decretal in question is a MM ... and more.

The accusations made towards him of not being a mason and of being other persons have been gravely incorrect

Clearly the troublesome, argumentative and inflammatory nature of some of the post and the return posts have fuelled disharmony for all participants and onlookers.

His credentials can be verified.

The email address for the lodge of Saint Andrew's Number 198 is

[email protected]

This will be answered by the secretary of the lodge who in fact is Decretal.

The email address and lodge info can also be gained via this link www.uglnsw.freemasonry.org.au... and using the Lodge Directory.

Now it is not for me to say yes or no to anything BUT ... Brother Decretal has had his good name incorrectly slandered, this needs to be corrected and defended. That�s the reason for my post ... I am obligated to do so and gladly do so.

Should decretal have his membership restated here on the board ... You will find a great and enormous depth of knowledge can be applied and shared by him. Yes some of it far and above the normal level of study and area ... and lots of knowledge more closely linked to traditional study and our journey towards the light.

I most humbly request that you accept that post IS the action of one of many several points I am able and have observed.

I wish Brotherly love and Harmony to you all.

David.

A private message will of course gain private conversation and my email address if required on a return basis. Thank you brothers.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Are you saying "Five" and "Decretal" are the same person? I'm not clear on that point.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So are you telling me that Decretal's real name is "Bob Hill," not "Daniel Brown" as he stated on so many occasions? Because the secretary of St. Andrew's 198 in New South Wales is Bob Hill. So, in essence, what you're saying is that Decretal is a liar.

Just wanted to be sure. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I don't know if Decretal is a Mason or not. It's possible he is. But with all his talk of "rank," and his nonsense about "belonging to groups both dark and light," and his generally arrogant attitude toward ofther posters (which is present in your post as well... hmmmm), he's not (to my mind) a very good Mason.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
he's not (to my mind) a very good Mason.

This is exactly how I am feeling about 'Decretal' right now too. It really doesn't matter any more whether 'he is or he isn't', but that he has negatively impacted the harmony of ATS (for me at least.)

It's time he did the right thing, and disappeared from here forever.

benjj

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So are you telling me that Decretal's real name is "Bob Hill," not "Daniel Brown" as he stated on so many occasions? Because the secretary of St. Andrew's 198 in New South Wales is Bob Hill. So, in essence, what you're saying is that Decretal is a liar.

Just wanted to be sure. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I don't know if Decretal is a Mason or not. It's possible he is. But with all his talk of "rank," and his nonsense about "belonging to groups both dark and light," and his generally arrogant attitude toward ofther posters (which is present in your post as well... hmmmm), he's not (to my mind) a very good Mason.

Greeting Alex,
As for the first paragraph - remember the pseudonym...

And as for my obsession with rank; check the date of my rank posts and you will see that it was a long time ago - I have since begun studying regularly at the Nan Tien Buddhist Temple and I am now a peaceful person unless provoked - as I was in that thread. You may notice that after Leveller said 'Bring It On', I calmed down as I knew I was beginning to get out of hand and I didn't want to start another 'ToBeInHisLight' episode.

The fact that I am a Brother does indeed influence my personal choices - but it does not limit them. If I so choose to, I may follow what ever path I want. And in any case I was extremely vague and did not specify what I was talking about. I was referring to both Symbolic Paths of the Qabalah.

A Mason should always be judged by his Wisdom, his Knowledge, his Strength, his Beauty - not by how he posts in Conspiracy Theory Forums. I have been completely out of character lately, I will admit that; But I do have the right to defend myself when I am the victim of lies towards others.

Just in case Leveller pops up here somewhere... I am not MrNECROS, I just wanted to make that clear.

Originally posted by benjj
This is exactly how I am feeling about 'Decretal' right now too. It really doesn't matter any more whether 'he is or he isn't', but that he has negatively impacted the harmony of ATS (for me at least.)

Benjj, it was not my intention to do so; and I do apologise for doing so - but honestly, if you don't like me ignore me... I will humour you for the moment and quote (I think it was ML) 'Don't feed the trolls'.

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I am still uncertain about this person. As a Freemason I was taught to be cautious and in a masonic sense I will exercise that caustion with that person until such time that he proves himself to be a Brother.

Brother Gerard PM 1316 Dunedin Caritas

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decretal
A Mason should always be judged by his Wisdom, his Knowledge, his Strength, his Beauty - not by how he posts in Conspiracy Theory Forums. I have been completely out of character lately, I will admit that; But I do have the right to defend myself when I am the victim of lies towards others.

So how do explain the content of your posts that garnered the "Red Laundry Tags of Shame"? Most did not see it but I did, the text there was not the writings of a Mason, but that of a drunken sailor on liberty in Singapore (yes, I would know, I have been a drunken sailor in Singapore). The fact remains you have failed to conduct yourself in an upright manor, the derision you receive is justly deserved.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Regardless if you are a Freemason or not, the fact is you have not been conducting yourself as one during the duration of your presence in this forum. Whatever you said in the Secret Discordian Initiation Ritual post earned you 3 warns, not to mention you've been rubbing all of us brothers the wrong way since you stepped into the light and claimed to be one of us. Im a fair man, and I always try my best to give others the benefit of the doubt and look upon things objectively, yet when I weight your actions against the feather of Ma'at, against the virtues of righteousness, you fail. The fact that one of your supposed brothers had to create an account to come and speak his peace for you is rediculous, this of course assuming that he is indeed, a "brother", and a person other than yourself. Neither of you have proved yourselves beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind, through any of your ways, actions, forms of conduct or corespondence.

If you are in fact a Mason you've done nothing more than embarassed yourself, your lodge, and your craft.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hobctc
This thread is most disturbing for me. I have found little harmony or peace and acceptance in its text.
A brother or two has clearly been wronged here....

...The accusations made towards him of not being a mason and of being other persons have been gravely incorrect

Clearly the troublesome, argumentative and inflammatory nature of some of the post and the return posts have fuelled disharmony for all participants and onlookers.

Hello...hello...hobctc, are you still with us?
You wanted to clear the air, but then you disappeared.

It seems to me that the person you wish to defend has done something quite un-Mason-like. A person could get one warning in the heat of the moment...but THREE...tsk, tsk

I don't know whether decretal is decreatl or a mason or a farmer or what. But, he's not winning any points here.
hobctc and decretal, perhaps you would both be much happier at the by-invitation-only forum you have. That way you can have complete control over what is said.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
Regardless if you are a Freemason or not, the fact is you have not been conducting yourself as one during the duration of your presence in this forum. Whatever you said in the Secret Discordian Initiation Ritual post earned you 3 warns, not to mention you've been rubbing all of us brothers the wrong way since you stepped into the light and claimed to be one of us. Im a fair man, and I always try my best to give others the benefit of the doubt and look upon things objectively, yet when I weight your actions against the feather of Ma'at, against the virtues of righteousness, you fail. The fact that one of your supposed brothers had to create an account to come and speak his peace for you is rediculous, this of course assuming that he is indeed, a "brother", and a person other than yourself. Neither of you have proved yourselves beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind, through any of your ways, actions, forms of conduct or corespondence.

If you are in fact a Mason you've done nothing more than embarassed yourself, your lodge, and your craft.

Greetings Khonsu,
The three warnings were a mistake - because three people complained about the same things, I am currently negotiating with SkepticOverlord to have two of them removed. The 'Secret Discordian Ritual' thread was a cut and paste of an amusing article, it contained several instances of the word f***.

It takes two stones to start a fire. I was merely stating an opinion in the 'freemason watch' thread - yes, a Mason can have his own opinion. I was then 'rubbed the wrong way'... And that is where all this started.

How dare you speak of failing the weighing of the Feather of Ma'at. You do not know me, you have never met me, you have no idea of what my values are, and I have already stated that I was out of line and out of character... Sure, you can weigh my actions against the Feather of Ma'at and watch them fall - but if you were to way me it would be a different story.

I was speaking with a Brother on MSN and told him of what was going on here at ATS - I directed him to the posts and he was absolutely disgusted with many of the things that had been written. He felt that it was his duty to come here and restore Brotherly Love amongst the Brethren at ATS.

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You do not know me, you have never met me, you have no idea of what my values are

I do. Your values are lower than a snake's belly.
You are a liar and a fraud. Why don't you give it up? You haven't added anything of interest to this forum: in fact the only time you've posted recently is to keep up the charade of being a mason. The desperation that you show to be accepted is laughable.

Bugger off back to the gutter which you oozed out of.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

You do not know me, you have never met me, you have no idea of what my values are

I do. Your values are lower than a snake's belly.
You are a liar and a fraud. Why don't you give it up? You haven't added anything of interest to this forum: in fact the only time you've posted recently is to keep up the charade of being a mason. The desperation that you show to be accepted is laughable.

Bugger off back to the gutter which you oozed out of.

Decretal you are not a Freemason. Why do you carry on this fraud when it is obvious that you are a cowan.

Gerard

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I was speaking with a Brother on MSN and told him of what was going on here at ATS - I directed him to the posts and he was absolutely disgusted with many of the things that had been written. He felt that it was his duty to come here and restore Brotherly Love amongst the Brethren at ATS.

And this brother from MSN (who is the person who started this thread, I assume) is not someone you know IRL? How can he vouch for you?

That would be like me asking Alex to vouch for me and say that I really attend Church every Sunday, and tithe.

Perhaps I've misunderstood here?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
That would be like me asking Alex to vouch for me and say that I really attend Church every Sunday, and tithe.

You do! Right?

Anything else....??

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The three warnings were a mistake - because three people complained about the same things, I am currently negotiating with SkepticOverlord to have two of them removed. The 'Secret Discordian Ritual' thread was a cut and paste of an amusing article, it contained several instances of the word f***.

IMO, that post would NEVER have been made by a Mason, even in jest.

It was in VERY, VERY poor taste, beyond the four letter words. Skeptic Overlord is being generous. I would have banned your for a few days.

Being provoked, if you were, is not an excuse. A good man whould not stoop to the level that you did. You keep saying you lose control. Methinks you need to get a grip before your further worsen your case.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

IMO, that post would NEVER have been made by a Mason, even in jest.

It was in VERY, VERY poor taste, beyond the four letter words. Skeptic Overlord is being generous. I would have banned your for a few days.

Being provoked, if you were, is not an excuse. A good man whould not stoop to the level that you did. You keep saying you lose control. Methinks you need to get a grip before your further worsen your case.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
You do! Right?

Anything else....??

Yeah, that income tax deduction, remember *wink, wink* that we discussed?
Well, I'm being audited.

So, can you corroborate that I gave that money to a charity. *wink, wink*

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Well, I believe you, at least I'll say that.

My real question, though, is "is that 10% off the top, or is it 10% after I've removed my living expenses (and taxes, if I paid any)?" The first one, I definitely can't afford, and the second would be too small to help anyone

I don't know how people tithe... it's amazing. That's a real sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I just wirte IOUs and put them in the basket.... but, for some unknow reason... I keep forgetting to put my name.... I will have to try harder next time. BTW... remember, it is the thought that counts.... So, if I thought I want to give $10,000, then I write it on the paper as giving. I am so nice.....

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, this is a rebelous thought, but tithing must have been the work of a religion. I know what the bible says, but we won't go there.
Since I've been thinking and learning here, I've actually cut back what I give to the Church every week. I now make a monthly donation to a local soup kitchen. It just seems more relevant than paying for remodeling the sacristy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join