It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver 'VANISHES' in Portal to Maya Underworld (awesome video & the FIND!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is absolutly amazing to think what is in the water, let alone what is underneath the water...gives a whole new meaning to exploration...to think there could be caverns and cave systems all over down there and most of them probably will never be found....just awesome...great find op...the diver must have had some sort of death wish to go into something like that....just crazy...did that portal lead to the caves???? I'm starting to wonder if maybe those people that talk about reptillian people living underground all the time maybe isn't too far fetched...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Any chance there are any NAUI certified divers out there?

Seems like everyone is PADI certified any more. Used to have a bad name, but they have improved quite a bit, from what I hear.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

I'm starting to wonder if maybe those people that talk about reptillian people living underground all the time maybe isn't too far fetched...

I hear ya. My friend said pretty much the same to me last night while discussing this thread.

Whatelse is down below our world? And, what is beneath all of the ice on this planet? Ice now but maybe not before (Poles, Anartica etc).

I am beginning to think Earth is the Center of the Universe (everyone is here, or if you believe in aliens etc-they all coming here and checking things out (or worse).

Maybe the Maya (and other cultures from the past HAD to have underground refuge but to alien vistors/warriors

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Or maybe the Anunnaki helped them out as well. The mayan king was said he came from the sea and then returned back to the sea. This king also taught the Mayan Astronomy as well.

But this is an interesting find it is definitely worth a star and a flag. Enki was some how related to the sea.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
Here I go again blabbering some nonsense.....
en.wikipedia.org...
Thats the link in which record for deepest diving without oxygen tanks.....

Now if they were giants just a theory would'nt they be having bigger heart ie they could have dived that far without support.........

they would have had heavier brains than us dose'nt that explain how they were good in maths and astronomy......

well I might be dumber but is int a possibility ..................................

just curious as you guys

nah it ain't blabbering I also basically mentioned this same thing, but added more detail.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by TumbleCoach

TC, there is a recent thread about "giants" on ATS right here.

As you will see, they are a myth.

I assume you were intrigued by the mention of the large femur, in the OP's video clip?

Since it was addressed by another ATS member, it bears repeating: The find was fossilized, indicating it's very old, and pre-dates the Maya. So it likely represents a pre-historic animal that was native to the region.

The word "femur" describes certain leg bones of many animals, not just humans.

lol typical weedwhacker

2nd line

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
How INCREADIBLY cool, is this???? EXCELLENT FIND, OP!!

I AM a diver- going through that "roiling hole", must have taken some cojones!! That, was a brave act, NOT knowing, what was on the other side!!
Now- knowing- I'd do it, in a HEARTBEAT! How exciting, to see ancient history, "alive", all around you!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

SO many stories, from ALL OVER the Earth, of beings covered in scales- fish-like, but walking as men, reptile-like. I am intrigued. As a scientist- I want proof!! But- Unlike most scientists- I am open-minded!

Perhaps if the world economy doesn't collapse, in the next year or so, I'll take a trip to Belize. Been wanting to, anyway!

I'm STILL amazed, at the FIRST divers courage, to dive THROUGH that roiling mud!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotgal

Well, yes there was some guts but I am sure that puppy was checked out well before any major diving went on (now that I learned from posting to this thread). Be a big task-to be done by experts and not noobs.

That being said, I think that would be as cool as he.. to g thru the opening and down the tunnel to the cavens etc.

Some much to do/learn/explore but so little time and means.
(

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Very interesting...

Let's hope National Geographic will finally release the info they have on Atlantis...

From what i understand is a group of researchers found Atlantis in the Caribbean... National Geo brought the rights to the land under the deal that they would do a doco unveiling Atlantis to the world... They found underwater pyramids among other things...

But, unfortunately NG went back on their word and has refused to release the story and refuse anyone else going near the site...

We the people need to get control of our history to help run our own future...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andronaconda

Can you put some proof/info on where you found all of that out? By no means an expert but I think I would have remembered hearing that Atlantis was found.

I don't doubt it is somewhere but I don't think anywhere around the Ameica's.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andronaconda

Were the underwater pyramids not revealed to be nothing more than a natural formation that was not in fact pyramid shaped at all?

I remembered hearing about this because I was excited when I first heard about it and a tad disappointed when it turned out to be nothing. I will have to go back and recheck now.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"The Jewel" just needs a little polishing to be seen for what it Is.
Some secrets are secret for a Reason.
Sometimes, they are Good ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

It helps to remember that this area was once inhabited when it was 300 feet deeper over 10,000 years ago.

The world looked much different in that day.
As per the theme of the article; Islands found in the Carribean and Aegean Seas were mountain tops in those days.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
reply to post by anon72

I think I can answer that one for him, diver DISSAPEARS into PORTAL. Neither one of those actually happens but it is a very intriguing video. My first impression was the same, i almost expect the diver to end up somewhere unrelated to the ocean in this so called portal. But i see now what you mean, a portal to the past even.
Can't wait to see what they pull out of that hole.

I'm pretty sure it's just a cave...Not an actual underworld where the dead go...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What am I missing? How is that the mayan underworld?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
By far one of the best threads I've ever read here.Starred and flagged!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Thank you (Fellow PA person-I near Harrisburg). Thank you to all that responded to this thread.

It has got me re-thinking a lot of things (even next years vacation as now we are thinking BELIZE!).

I wish I could alive for a 1000 years and be able to locate more of these wonderful places and explore them. Not just down there but all over the world.

Crowpruitt-if you haven't been, a pretty cool place in PA to visit is Penns Caves (near State College) to get the feeling of cave etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wonder if you could just dive to the bottom of the gushing water spring...another demension???

One things for sure...diving down there would be freaky and intimidating...lol...not knowing whats down there or what could happen.

I would be asking..."What if" I actually "cross over" to another place. LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Remember, you saw it here first (yet again)!!

I woke up this AM, turn on the computer, MSN comes up and I see this on their front page story rotation (# 2):

Explorers Find Fossils in Mayan Pools.

Same story, same video. Sorry but I have to believe that they cop the story after seeing my thread here. (sarcaism).

But Hey, that's just the conspirator in me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join