It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver 'VANISHES' in Portal to Maya Underworld (awesome video & the FIND!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+157 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Folks, if you are into diving and/or finding ancient things.... Here you go. I found this on National Geographic this morning (used the YouTube vid as I can embed here). More evidence that we have not found everything there is to find in our race's past-Haven't dug deep enough! God I wish I could see back in time and watch the race grow/expand. This stuff just baffels the mind.

Divers(and all)-ENJOY! To be there doing what they are doing would be mind blowing-I think (not being a diver myself). Just to do this one time would be worth it. What lays below-today BELIEZ!

START POINT:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/833d3c04dc9f.jpg[/atsimg]

THE OTHER SIDE-start

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4672891acf7.jpg[/atsimg]

LEADING TO THIS FIND:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd341d855b52.jpg[/atsimg]

Mexican archeologists have discovered a maze of stone temples in underground caves, some submerged in water and containing human bones, which ancient Mayans believed was a portal where dead souls entered the underworld. Clad in scuba gear and edging through narrow tunnels, researchers discovered the stone ruins of eleven sacred temples and what could be the remains of human sacrifices at the site in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Archeologists say Mayans believed the underground complex of water-filled caves leading into dry chambers -- including an underground road stretching some 330 feet -- was the path to a mythical underworld, known as Xibalba.

Enjoy the video:

ADDITONAL Story info & pics:
www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nice find op, this is a fascinating subject. I only wish I wasn't at work so I had more time to look at this. Very interesting indeed.
S & F

GummB

[edit on 7-7-2010 by GummB]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wow, great find anon72!!

I haven't really got much to add tbh but I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump so more people see it.

Anyway S+F!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Awesome!
S&F for the find

I know it has been said before, but there is so much we have not discovered on this planet yet about history, species, and so much more.

I wonder what gave them the idea to dive into the crater in the first place?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Good post, didnt Edgar Cayce say that one of the places that the hidden documents of atlantis are is in the Yucatan peninsula, now wouldnt that be awesome.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I wonder what gave them the idea to dive into the crater in the first place?

Awesome question (that I hadn't thought of myself-errr). I will be looking for that answer and many more as I am going to stay on this one-just too dam interesting.

My wife said she wants to diving now! Maybe----hmmmm. I better slim down a bit more..... (you'll think a big black whale is about to attack my wife! is you were there etc).

I glad people are liking this post/thread/info.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
fascinating.
That's a braver person than me diving in to that gravel, that looks terrifying!!
How deep is it?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What more can be said?? This is truly awesome and is just the beginning. Amazingly, we still have so much more to learn in this very mysterious part of the world.

Kudos to those who keep the spirit of adventure and exploration alive.

My Grandpa was an avid National Geographic reader and did all of his "traveling" within its pages every month. He would be astonished at this new discovery if he was alive to see it.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow that must be really quite an exciting job. I would love to be part of such an expedition. Of course I have never done any diving but really should give it a try.
There is so much not explained or understood by modern man. Although sometimes I believe we just don't want to look at the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Noticed that the Project Leader Lisa Lucero is from the University of Illinois.

I attended the University of Illinois for 2 years, its a great school.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

That's a braver person than me diving in to that gravel, that looks terrifying!!

I second that - but add terrifyingly exciting!
I couldn't stand it, not knowing what was on the other side!
That's just absolutely fabulous.
One of my favorite threads to date this year.
Thanks tons!

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You have lots of stars and flags, but not so many replies.

I am giving the thread a bump here. This is an archeologist heaven, should be a lot of interesting things to come out of there.

Nice find. Star and Flag!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How come the other thread on this was removed nearly straight away?

Oh well i will repeat what i said then, while a cool National geographic film it has a very misleading title.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's amazing to think that the Maya or whoever did all this dive work with no scuba gear, found these cavern systems leading off these cenotes, and then built temples and roads with just rocks and a fire to give extra light. Mind boggling, in my opinion. But then again, look at their grasp of astronomy and mathematics. Chalk one up for human ingenuity!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I hadn't seen another one? Was it posted after mine? Sometimes I think MODS close threads quick but I don't think they remove them. Maybe it was something close in topic?

Can you elaborate on how you think the title is misleading?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm really interested in the femur they found. I don't recall if they said whether or not it was human. A femur with a femoral head the size of a bowling ball indicates one very large animal or human. Great find OP!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think I can answer that one for him, diver DISSAPEARS into PORTAL. Neither one of those actually happens but it is a very intriguing video. My first impression was the same, i almost expect the diver to end up somewhere unrelated to the ocean in this so called portal. But i see now what you mean, a portal to the past even.
Can't wait to see what they pull out of that hole.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
fascinating.
How deep is it?

Trust me diving is anything but terrifying, once you are under for a bit the peacefulness and tranquility draws you in. Time and perception seem to slow and you enter a state of heightened awareness while by contrast having your physical perception, i.e. hearing, vision, touch, narrowed by the nature of the gear and environment. Many a time while diving I have thought that it would not be a bad thing to die while diving.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I was wondering the same thing myself, I mean a knee bone the size of a bowling ball. Thats quite a man if it is in fact human and not something along the lines of a mamoth.
Is there any more info on the subject or just the video. I'd love to read more about the fossils they recovered, after they had visited a lab of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
It's amazing to think that the Maya or whoever did all this dive work with no scuba gear, found these cavern systems leading off these cenotes, and then built temples and roads with just rocks and a fire to give extra light. Mind boggling, in my opinion. But then again, look at their grasp of astronomy and mathematics. Chalk one up for human ingenuity!

I'm pretty sure the video said the the caves that the scuba divers accessed were connected to other cave systems, meaning that the Maya probably accessed them from above-ground means. But it's still absolutely fascinating that they so extensively developed their culture underground.

edit to add - the femur they found was apparently fossilized. It generally takes about 10,000 years for that to happen to a bone, and there were several different species of large mammals roaming around N and S America at the time. I wouldn't get your hopes up of finding some giant human skeleton.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Son of Will]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join