It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver 'VANISHES' in Portal to Maya Underworld (awesome video & the FIND!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wiki has an interesting article about cenotes. I learned that hey are arranged in a circle around the Chixlub meteorite crater.

Link:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm curious why there is only one picture of the actual cave? There's probably things they don't want us to know about.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I have my open-water cerification too (PADI). Fairly new at it, though.

Congratulation, welcome to the wonderfull world of diving. Don't listen too much when your PADI instructor tell you about all the courses they are offering (PADI stands for Put Another Dollar In ... and i'm a PADI instructor ...) Keep your money for vacations and find a friend who is more experienced than you and can teach you ... you don't need cards after the basic open water, you just need the knowledge.

It's interesting, near the end of the video, they mention depths of over 200 feet? Indeed, as they said, that requires specialized training, experience and equipment (I'm thinking NOX.... or maybe re-breathers).

With standard Nitrox (NOX is for car tuning but it's basically the same thing, air enriched with extra oxygen) you would probably be dead before the bottom. The way to go to 200 ft safely would be with Trimix (Oxygen, Nitrogen and Helium) but this is out of the standard scuba diving range. If interrested check out Technical Diving.

And caves are the most unforgiving environnement to dive, it requires advanced training and lots of experience underwater. Cave diving is the hardest kind of diving there is. To do a parachute analogy, it would be like going for a HALO jump after a course of static line jumping.

In any case, it's puzzling --- the connection to the Maya... exactly how they accessed those caves....certainly not by diving; they didn't possess the technology, nor is it lkely to be humanly possible without assistance.

Someone mentioned, there must be above-ground entrances somewhere. Surely, after all these centuries, the opeings must be well-hidden, perhaps in jungle growth (or maybe in Mayan ruins??). Further, the cave complex could not be intact, anymore...cave-ins and such.

Still, for archaeologists, a tremendous find.

I'm pretty sure that those caves have been flooded after the Maya went there. It is not the first time artifacts have been found in caves.

The video is very good and I'd love to get down there. Belize is one of the best places to go diving, and not just for the caves, the reefs are supposed to be some of the most beautiful next to the Great Barrier Reef of Australia. And better get there soon because i'm not sure it is still gonna be beautiful in a few years.

Good day

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They'd better be careful if they go digging around the ocean floor they might just flood one of the large "Hollow Earth" cave systems!!!

I doubt they're gonna find any large sealed double doors so that one can enter the tunnels from the ocean floor without flooding them.

The finds are pretty impressive, like the huge Femur? bone did they say? Whatever it is if it's human it came from a HUGE human. But I think they also said something about animal bones and fossils.

But I don't see whats so fascinating about the person covering themselves in 1.5 meters of loose silt? It just doesn't seem all that amazing to me. Sea creatures have used the same technique for hunting, or hiding from predators for ages.

Also I find the first 3 pictures to be a bit deceptive. Escpecially the second one, like they are passing through the bottom of the ocean floor to a dry cavernous tunnel area, by some means of artificial technology.

I think what the video shows is basic underwater archeology. I don't see any evidence of interconnectected tunnels below the ocean except from the mouth of one of the people working the underwater dig. Sorry but I just can't take your word on that.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

This particulay hole had a 1 1/2 meter "shaft" under it. I don't know if that would be enough to dive through but I think it is possible. Any diving pro's care to opine?

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

It is possible the pass through a 1 meter shaft with diving gear but it is not recommended for anyone. With standard scuba gear with your tank mounted on your back you would probably get stuck somewhere, run out of air and die a horrible death
That's why cave diver sometimes mount their tanks on the side. Aside from this, you would have the problem of going back, it is very hard to fin backward and you would probably have zero visibility from all the silt that would come up. Cave divers use progressive penetration techniques, frog-kick finning and lots of training.

Please don't try this at home ....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Really! Please get whatever you can. And, please find out if they actually accessed it from the waterholes (the one in the pic/vid or any other).

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

Wow, thanks for that info> IS THAT YOU IN THE MINI-PAGE PIC!!!?

That is something I think would be awesome to do-artic diving!

Thanks for you info/input.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

I love all those stories but they had pictures in the days some were supposed to be found and no clear real looking pictures or any of the bones seems to be around. Also consider that many country people had no reference like we have internet, large animal bones of any kind can look human to those not used to seeing them.
www.sfu.ca...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wow, thanks for that info> IS THAT YOU IN THE MINI-PAGE PIC!!!?

That is something I think would be awesome to do-artic diving!

Yes it is me on the mini-picture. We where intalling a water intake in a frozen lake. Not really in the artic but then again some peoples thinks Canada is the artic

Cheers

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lets hope the divers find the Atlantean Hall of Records down there! Yes I know the Mayans were Lumerians and Ruled Atantis. Edgar Cayce said there were two Halls of Records. The Sphinx and One in the Americas Right?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

My wife said she wants to diving now! Maybe----hmmmm. .

dude, just let her go right ahead

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great find OP !

S&F .... and whisky shoot

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Well thank you! Do me a favor. Have another shot one me and have one for the Maya's.

Heck, may as well have another one from yourself. Glad you liked the thread!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's always wonderous when new discoveries of this kind are discovered.

It shows just how much we have no clue what our own Planet has hidden.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Folks, if you are into diving and/or finding ancient things.... Here you go. I found this on National Geographic this morning (used the YouTube vid as I can embed here). More evidence that we have not found everything there is to find in our race's past-Haven't dug deep enough! God I wish I could see back in time and watch the race grow/expand. This stuff just baffels the mind.

Divers(and all)-ENJOY! To be there doing what they are doing would be mind blowing-I think (not being a diver myself). Just to do this one time would be worth it. What lays below-today BELIEZ!

START POINT:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/833d3c04dc9f.jpg[/atsimg]

THE OTHER SIDE-start

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4672891acf7.jpg[/atsimg]

LEADING TO THIS FIND:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd341d855b52.jpg[/atsimg]

Mexican archeologists have discovered a maze of stone temples in underground caves, some submerged in water and containing human bones, which ancient Mayans believed was a portal where dead souls entered the underworld. Clad in scuba gear and edging through narrow tunnels, researchers discovered the stone ruins of eleven sacred temples and what could be the remains of human sacrifices at the site in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Archeologists say Mayans believed the underground complex of water-filled caves leading into dry chambers -- including an underground road stretching some 330 feet -- was the path to a mythical underworld, known as Xibalba.

Enjoy the video:

ADDITONAL Story info & pics:
www.crystalinks.com...

I totally agree that more will be found. Remember almost all cultures have in their history the Flood Cataclysm that happened. Many believe that it was from the last ice age when it started to melt and raised the ocean levels (and essentially all water levels) 20 to 350 meters. That is alot of water on the shores of an Ocean or Sea or even a lake connected to an ocean. There is much about our history that we have forgotten and much that people in power have hidden from us because of selfish reasons and also to control the populace.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I,ve studied secret societies in the ancient world and have a pretty good idea of what these UNDERGROUND complexes were used for. They were used to initiate new priests into the "Brotherhood". At the highest levels this initiation included ritual sacrifice to further strengthen the bond between the priesthood. It sounds wierd but thats the way it was and still is. Id recommend Manly P. Hall's lectures on The ancient Americas and a Book entitled, Fundamental Laws, written in 1916 to commemorate the 62nd Convocation of the Rose Cross Order. I hate to say it, but the priesthood of the past and present, do not , nor ever have believed the stories they told the massess. Someone in a post above mentioned Edgar Cayce and the Hall of Records, read the transcript yourself. Referring to the Library under the Great Sphinx, Cayce stated it was a depository of Knowledge from The Great White Brotherhood. The Po Po Va , mispelled im sure, which is a sacred work from ancient Guatemala describes the arrival of Khulkhukhan, mispelled again im sure, and he is described as appearing to the tribes from the East and wearing A White Robe with..........ding ding, Red Crosses. My ramblings may not make sense to most, but to those with ears to hear and eyes to see I hope you find the light as have I.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by SoundTheory]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This stuff is awesome. I live down here in the Yucatan, I have been diving in these cenotes for years, they are fantastic. In that video they have barely scratched the surface. There is one near here where we have so far discovered 150 MILES of caverns connected to one cenote.

Last week we dove into one small round cenote, entered a tiny crevice in the bottom, into a winding tunnel, and eventually we came out on the other side of the highway! It was mind blowing, knowing that huge trucks were thundering overhead as we were going through!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think all these things make it obvious that they are far older than they say.

First of all, it is pretty obvious that the continental shelf used to be the shoreline. Anyone who has done any deep sea fishing knows it is the hundred fathom line. In other words, at six hundred feet the gradually sloping bottom turns into a cliff, all over the world. Ergo, during the ice age so much water was frozen that the ocean was six hundred feet lower.

Therefore all these caverns, and the entire Yucatan is literally honeycombed with them, were far above sea level, unlike now. It's also very obvious that stalactites and stalagmites cannot form underwater, and they take THOUSANDS of years to form. ALL these caverns are filled with stalactites, hundreds of feet underwater. This indicates that the Mayan "temples" and artifacts they find are FAR older than their theoretical age of AD 1100, to make them agree with the "Bible".

If there were advanced civilizations, or ANY civilization at all for that matter, during the Ice Age, 10 to 12 thousand years ago, then the entire "bible" is proven false. In fact, all of human history, or rather known human history, does not go back more than six thousand years anywhere in the world. Therefore, these relics SIMPLY CANNOT be that old, no matter what evidence anyone finds. The archaeologists CANNOT be wrong, that might make people start doubting OTHER stuff they are told. Therefore, the Maya must have been scuba diving to build stone buildings inside caves underwater. Hmmmm.

Also, the fossils. This water here is so high in minerals, that I think bones would mineralize or fossilize much quicker than usual, thereby throwing off all estimates of age in the other direction.

The Maya did believe these were the entrances to the underworld, because they could WALK AROUND IN THEM, and I'm sure get completely lost in there easily without electric lights. HA. That also would indicate that maybe they DID have electric lights. How else could they build things inside a pitch black cave?

I would highly recommend to anyone to come down here and dive the cenotes, it is one of the coolest things in the world!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Well, um, errrr. Darn good post-I must say.

Another reason I love ATS. The base of knowledge and experiences in the membership is just amazing. Seriously.

Sir, I wish I could do as you suggested. I would do it in a minute if I could. Maybe someday I'll take you up on it!

Thanks again!

(Got any photos/vids you can share?)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Uhhh, yeah.... please provide any evidence that will even remotely backup your claim. I'm asking nicely....

Very nice thread anon.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by KANE OG]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join