It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.A.E ambassador endorses striking Iran nuclear sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

U.A.E ambassador endorses striking Iran nuclear sites

www.haaretz.com

The United Arab Emirates ambassador to the United States, Yousef Al-Otaiba, said Tuesday that the benefits of bombing Iran's nuclear sites eclipse the short-term costs such an attack would entail, the Washington Times reported.
'It's a cost-benefit analysis: There will be economic consequences, as well as protesting and rioting, but we cannot live with a nuclear Iran.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lately I've seen or read of "rumors of war" information surrounding Iran, and I'm not just talking about ATS fear-mongering posts.

Take a look at this article for example. Who in their right mind would say that it would be best to bomb Iran's nuclear sites because the benefits would outweigh all the costs??? It almost sounds like this official is trying to find a reason why it would or should be okay to drop bombs on Iran.

Any thoughts?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-7-2010 by BattleStarGal]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not a shock as to how the UAE would weigh in on this one.

"There will be consequences, there will be a backlash and there will be problems with people protesting and rioting and very unhappy that there is an outside force attacking a Muslim country; that is going to happen no matter what."

Wonder who he's hedging his bets on...Israel or the U.S...

If the UAE and their fellow Muslim countries take such issue with Iran, why don't THEY do it?

[edit on 7/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
An ambassador should not be advocating conflict like this. It is completely irresponsible on his behalf and his government if they are going to degrade themselves to war mongering. The levels of which we see Iran and Israel at.

My other question would whether his government authorized him to make such a statement.

He should be endorsing peace, not war.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by lepracornman]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
One would think...but the UAE is hedging its bet with Saudi Arabia, I suppose. Another voice chimes in...more to mull over.

What else was the UAE recently in the news about?

Oh, and a random email I got told me that a UAE-based company has firefighting "vans' in the Gulf region. I don't have picture proof...yet. I think the name of the company was NAFFCO? A very odd website that seems broken until you get into it. Halliburton connection?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Haaretz.com, the online edition of Haaretz Newspaper in Israel, and analysis from Israel and the Middle East. Haaretz.com provides extensive and in-depth coverage of Israel, the Jewish World and the Middle East, including defense, diplomacy, the Arab-Israeli conflict, the peace process, Israeli politics, Jerusalem affairs, international relations, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, the Palestinian Authority, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the Israeli business world and Jewish life in Israel and the Diaspora.

So what does this tell you? This is posted on the bottom of the page of Haaretz.com homepage. Need I say more?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Course not. This was interesting too...Ahmadinejad jabbing at us about our own nukes...

"A country that cannot cap an oil well, how can they stockpile thousands of atomic bombs inside the U.S. and other countries?" he asked, referring to the oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lepracornman

The middle east see Iran as a major threat.This is why he is speaking out its just not only his coutry either. Saudi has given permission for Air strikes from Saudi Arabia. Theres a war going on behind the scenes in the middle east.Several countries in the middle east are scared of this whole twelve imam business iran keeps touting.

Shia Muslims believe that Ali, Muhammad's cousin and son-in-law, was the first of these Imams and was the rightful successor to Muhammad and thus reject the legitimacy of the first three caliphs. Countries with a significant minority of Shia are Syria, Lebanon, Kuwait, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Mauritius, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Oman and Yemen. Other smaller branches include the Ismaili and Zaidi, who dispute the Twelver lineage of Imams and beliefs.Thi is also why Iranians believe the end times is near because then the 12th imam returns. Quite frankly this scares the other Muslims. There afraid Iran will try to create the final battle just to get the imam to return!

Irans a bigger threat to the middle east then the United States will ever be.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by lepracornman

Saudi has given permission for Air strikes from Saudi Arabia

To whom? The U.S.? They have not given this permission to Israel.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

“The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way,” said a US defense source in the area. “They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [US] State Department.”

Sources in Saudi Arabia say it is common knowledge within defense circles in the kingdom that an arrangement is in place if Israel decides to launch the raid. Despite the tension between the two governments, they share a mutual loathing of the regime in Tehran and a common fear of Iran’s nuclear ambitions. “We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing,” said one.

[edit on 7/6/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Do you have a source for this please. The last I saw, Saudi would allow Israel to use their airspace, then Israel denied that Saudi gave them permission, and then Saudi said they would not allow Israel to use Saudi airspace.

Let me add, that many know that Israel will do what it feels it needs to do anyway...permission "granted" or not.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm all for Arab countries to solve their Iran problems themselves.

Have at it, folks. I consider the possiblity that when pressed to solve this themselves, they would strive to find a peaceful solution instead of beating war drums.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The UAE and some other Arab countries because they are Arab do not like or care for the interference of Iran that is not Arab but a Persian country.

In some cases the Arabs do not even recognise the Persians as true Muslims.

And since Israel in no way borders Iran and is not Arab many Arab governments resent the Persians meddling in Arab affairs and endangering the Arab countries that do border Israel.

Some of the Arab countries are even afraid that Iran will start firing nukes and that misses will hit there countries or the damage from radioactive fallout from hits on Israel will kill Arabs in there countries.

After problems years ago when Iran laid sea mines in the gulf costing the Arabs a lot of money and other problems with Iran i can see why Iran is not liked.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Times article see of course there going to deny it just the same as Turkey did for the attack on the Syrian nuclear reactor by the Israelis. Remeber Turkey condemned the use of there airspace to attack Syria. But the truth was they allowed it did you here about 1 missile being fired one plane being lauched as the Israelis cruised into there air space. Dont you think Turkey saw them there a Nato member they knew. They just made it seem they were mad at Isreal but if they didnt give permission Turkey would have caused damage they have United States air defense system in place.

The same thing will happen with saudi theyll shut down there air defense keep the planes grounded then act all shocked and hoffified afterward. Heres the times article

sitesSaudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear

[edit on 7/6/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Old news. Since this article Israel denied then Saudi denied.

Turkey again denied Israel airspace as well. New news.

And you're going on conjecture as to whether or not they (Saudi) officially deny but actually condone it know and then act horrified. Same for Turkey in the Syrian situation.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If other Arab countries are afraid of Iran, which I highly doubt in the first place, then it is most likely the result of CIA propaganda. Last year it was revealed that the CIA distributed $400 million in Iran to cause internal havoc to their political system, by funding activist and reformist groups.

Forget nukes, and forget that religious doomsday nonsense. Iran subscribes to neither. It has its problems but it is still the most progressive country in the middle east and still rising despite the considerable hindrance we've applied to Iran, ever since they decided to stop trading petrol dollars in US denomination, but instead in Euros.

If you're afraid of Iran, then you've fallen victim to petty propaganda, just like this. If enough people understand that this is all a mind game, the real string-pullers can be identified and war can be prevented.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Even though the members of the Bilderberg were divided regarding the bombing of Iran, the military did get the green light. But what they don't know is that "the watchers in the sky" will not allow it, even the tactical nukes, which are much smaller devices.

The so called "elites" of this world are desperate and scared to lose their power and influence over mankind. Unfortunately for them, the consciousness level is on the rise all over the globe. A lot of people are waking up and becoming aware of the true nature of "the agenda" at hand.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I am just under the sentiment that all solutions have not been looked at. But thats how the global anarchy of inter-state relations likes it.

Iran has said it is still open to discussions, and it looks as though U.A.E isn't with this guy seeing striking as a solution. Perhaps he should of waited before saying things like this.

however, the question still remains whether he was speaking for his government.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Interesting how this story came out AFTER the Haaretz story. Or if it didn't, why didn't it show up on my initial searches? Did anyone else look?

UAE Ambassador on the Challenge of Iran

It's in two parts...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There is public truth and private truth.

Sometimes private truth comes out in public,.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join