It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to serve who between God and man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.-John3.16

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
-1Tim4.10

what counts is a new creation.-Gal6.15

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.-Rom5

Literalist and fundamentals end up being so backward thinking.

www.raceandhistory.com...

Further, for biological units as ourselves to live forever would break the laws of physics and nature that God Himself is said to have created. If you think God break His own laws, I do not blame you.
He certainly murdered enough people in the O t t prove you right.

If you are to believe in fantasy like this, living forever, talking animals and an immortal water walker who somehow dies then you might want to ignore me or if not then start thinking like an adult.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire.But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.-2Pet3

After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.-Hos6.2

Stop preaching. Discuss or go away.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Who is to serve who between God and man?

Some seem to think that man was created to serve or appease a need within God.
To do as commanded and love and adore Him. They also indicate that if we do not do so, a resentful and vengeful God punishes those who will not do so forever.
Christians tend to say, turn or burn while denying that there is a hell.

Others think that God is here to serve man as savior and scapegoat that we ride into heaven. He serves to the point of dying for us while at the same time the Bible tells us that we are perfect. Something that most Christians do not believe. Why we, Gods perfect works, would need saving remains unanswered.

Who is to be master and who is to be slave?

Are we here to serve or to be served?

Is the master to die for His slaves or are the slaves to die for the master?

The vicarious sacrifice of Jesus was refused by God. As it should have been. It was immoral.

Why have you forsaken me is answered here.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Spa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
To the idea of blood sacrifice----

Are you willing to look up these and comment on our salvation without the blood or Jesus?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Pss.5

1. [4] For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee

Pss.103

1. [21] Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Pss.147

[10] He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
[11] The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Ezek.18

[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
[32] For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Luke.12

1. [32] Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Rev.4

1. [11] Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

We are not slaves to Christ though we are created for his pleasure originally created to care for this planet and to worship, and fellowship with him.

Jesus wants us to have pleasure with him not of the things that are unrighteous.

Many will say but what does it hurt if I do it myself, impossible someone is involved in some way that spreads a spirit of that evil.

It has to realized by anyone trying to argue against God that we are both flesh and spirit, we can not worship God with our flesh as it is corrupt now but we must worship with our spirit and allow our spirit to control our flesh.

This world is full of spirits both evil and Good. Many have said when something bad happens it happens in three's well that may be but it is a spirit that is making it happen. Check it out next time say an accident happens at an intersection see how many others happen in the same are in a short time.

We are created for God to follow his rules, not as slaves but people that have a will to choose to live for him.

You do not have to but I would not recommend it .

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

you stated

"Literalist and fundamentals end up being so backward thinking."

If you did not know the fundamentals of typing or spelling you would not be able to convey your thoughts on this message board in a manner that others could understand.

As for literal - ist if one can not believe anything that was ever written as literal then I would venture to believe that even your very post is not of much value as I am unable to believe that what you stated is factual or metaphorical

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Originally posted by Greatest I am

I take it from that dogma that you think we are to serve God.

That being the case, WTF is he doing dying for his slaves.

You don't like that word but with His idea of giving us free will that says ---do it my way or burn forever, His offer of free will is a joke.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

you stated

"Literalist and fundamentals end up being so backward thinking."

If you did not know the fundamentals of typing or spelling you would not be able to convey your thoughts on this message board in a manner that others could understand.

As for literal - ist if one can not believe anything that was ever written as literal then I would venture to believe that even your very post is not of much value as I am unable to believe that what you stated is factual or metaphorical

And if you read literally a book that begins with a talking snake, ends with a seven headed monster and has a water walking immortal God who somehow dies are all real then you are walking through a fantasy land and will never find God there.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join