It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Human Initiated Communications

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
CENTER FOR HUMAN INITIATED COMMUNICATIONS

Because of a lack of education on my behalf and perhaps a lack of intelligence as well, I am unable to gather the information needed for this project. I make this post in the hopes that others can fill in the blanks where I have made mistakes or overlooked something. I am not asking for donations or that anyone here leave this site for another. I am simply trying to gather as much information as I can.

For those who don't particularly like to read long post I will do a short summery.

Simply stated this is what I would like to see done
1.Set up a “base” in a safe area
2.Send any alien species in our immediate area a signal inviting them to land and showing them where to land.

Put your money where your mouth is! That was my dads way of saying “Prove it!” Proving it is exactly what I am asking you to do with this post.

No one will deny that there is a lot of money to be made in UFO “research”. From magazines to television shows, from books to documentaries, there is always a little cash to be made. Today there are more that 309,000,000 people in the U.S.A.
en.wikipedia.org...
Of this 309 million people approximately 34% believe in UFOs.
blog.foreignpolicy.com...
this number changes from site to site but most agree with an estimate between 34 and 39%
Lets look at a very low estimate of a possible source of income. Imagine that only 10% of US citizens believed in UFOs and you could convince only 10% of those to invest $1 US in your idea.

309,000,000 citizens
30,900,000 believers in UFOs 10%
3,090,000 dollars invested in your company or idea. 10%

This covers only the U.S.A. And remember that there is a whole world of believers out there.

I believe that even though three million, ninety thousand dollars is an incredible amount of money, it is a conservative estimate of the money made in UFO research worldwide. There is one type of research that, to my knowledge, no one has seriously looked into and that is what this writing is about.

MY IDEA

There seem to be two types of people who research UFOs, those who believe that a UFO is an alien vehicle, and those who don't. This post is aimed at believer and skeptic alike. I have an unusual way of looking at things and it has occurred to me that there is one area of UFO research that has been completely overlooked. What I would like to achieve with this post is to get that area of research started, I am going to need a lot of help from people like yourself to accomplish this.

SETI and others have sent invitations to extraterrestrials on other planets even though their
messages are not expected to reach those planets for 25,000 years. What I see missing from their search is a legitimate invitation to the ET's. This invitation should assume that it is possible to travel to other solar systems and that other species may have survived long enough to accomplish this. This makes no assumption that an alien species has ever visited our Earth, only that it is a possibility that an alien species could have or will eventually reach that point in their society.

Since we are not able to carry on a conversation with a species light years away from our planet, any signal sent to them seems to be a waste of time. I believe that we need to concentrate on communicating with any species that has reached a point in their development that they are capable of visiting us. What I believe is needed is someone who will set up a safe area for any species to land and send an invitation to any ET in our immediate area to come and visit.

One of the most interesting events that follow a siting is that while it is happening, military jets are sent to investigate. Imagine the ET's point of view. They come here to study us or to learn from us but every time they enter the atmosphere, they are chased after or even fired upon. What would make them want to risk landing and attempting to communicate with us. There isn't one single signal transmitted from our planet indicating a safe landing zone. What I am hoping for is input about how this could be accomplished.

I have my own ideas about where on Earth the base should be located, what research other than communication research could be done and how this base could benefit other scientific areas of research. I would like to talk about this with people who think that attempting communications with an alien species would be worth the effort.

We would need to set up a base, a landing area and send a signal informing any alien species about where it is safe to land. Imagine traveling to a distant planet and not finding any advice on where it's safe to land. I can't imagine how you would even attempt to communicate, especially with countries that can't even get along. Finding a signal with a “Welcome to our world” message would make it easier to start those communications.

The center would need to be manned around the clock and throughout the year.

The center should have several web-cams and it's own website to display the web-cams. Visitors to the website could monitor the web cams and be ready to video tape any activity. Web-cams would allow this to be a world wide “open” project. A forum and blogs would hold visitors interests and allow them input into the project. Care should be taken to keep the project as scientific as possible.

WHERE?
We need to set up a welcome center where an alien species would feel safe to land, meaning that it would need to be remote. The center should be far enough away from any military instillation that the visitors would have a reasonable time to react to any aggressive behavior. I have spent many long hours on the internet looking for just the right kind of place. Google Earth is my friend.

My first thought was an Island. There are abandoned military bases on several islands like Midway and
Johnston atoll in the north Pacific Ocean but an island poses too many obstacles. The main problem with placing the base on an island is getting supplies. Supply ships would be a drain on finances. There is also the problem of evacuating personnel during weather related emergencies.

My second thought was a desert. With a base in a desert we would not have to worry about weather other than heat. Supplies would again be a problem as they would have to be trucked in. I started searching Google Earth for areas that would fit the bill and I believe I've found the best possible place.

In the Nullabor Plains, in Western Australia there is a railroad. The Trans Australian Railway is the longest stretch of straight track in the world. The railroad passes through millions of acres of near barren desert. Loongana between Rawlinna in the west and Forrest in the east would have everything such a base would need. Supplies and personnel could travel by train to Rawlinna or be brought in by air at the Forrest air field.

www.westernaustralia.com...
If it isn't already displaying Loongana, zoom in to the southern part of Western Australia. Loongana isn't marked on the map so switch to hybrid mode and search the middle area between Rawlinna and Forrest. There is an intersection of Loongana and the Trans Access Road.

One foreseeable problem is that there is no cell phone service in the Nullabor Plains near Rawlinna. I do believe this problem could be overcome by someone with the proper knowledge, knowledge that I do not have. Cell phones aren't my concern with this area but internet connections are. The center would need to connect to the internet in order for the facility to be of use to the scientific community.

On Site Personnel Needed

1.Doctor/Nurse. Someone capable of diagnosing and treating ailments and/or injuries.
2.Communications. Someone capable of operating equipment pertaining to communications. This person should be able to help maintain the web-cams as well.
3.Mechanic/Transportation. This job requires a working knowledge of the transportation that will be necessary and have the knowledge and ability to make repairs.
4.Journalist/videographer. Responsible for information going out of the camp. All photography, written and video information sold or posted on the main site will be their responsibility.
5.Cook. Responsible for preparing three balanced meals for the team and any visitors (non alien) to the camp per day.
6.Supply personnel. Responsible for keeping records and ordering any supplies the camp needs.

HOUSING
Alaska Structures® supply housing to many researchers and military personnel. I believe that they would be the most reasonable choice. Their website is www.alaskastructures.com...
One advantage to their buildings is that they require no foundations.
Toilets and showers could be purchased from companies like Australian Portable Buildings
www.apb.com.au...
and water storage from Enviro Friendly Products Pty Ltd
www.enviro-friendly.com...
The center could double as a post for other scientific studies in the area, this would bring in additional income. Having extra space for scientists studying the geology, paleontology or anthropology of the region and allowing them to bunk at the base would be beneficial to all.

THE SIGNAL
The signal should be a simple 3d version of earth with a square zooming to the location in Australia.
I have done a lot of modeling with 3d programs and I will post a video on youtube when I finish my version. Since ET probably doesn't speak English or any other Earth based language I don't see a need for words. A simple vision based message would probably be best. This would not be a signal broadcast to a distant world but a simple signal sent to any ET already here. The signal would need to be broadcast from several locations around the world, any ideas on how this could be accomplished? Could a system be built that could be sold to investors who are willing to set it up on their own property?

SPEAKING ET
This site,
www.magicdragon.com...
offers some great advice on how to communicate with ET. There is a lot of information on the site but I highly recommend reading it.

TRADE
If an alien species answers our call I don't think they should go home empty handed. A possible trade item would be a laptop computer. The computer could be specially equipped for this purpose and contain language programs. Other information should be decided on by experts prior to initial contact.

THE WEBSITE
FREE MEMBERSHIP
This should include access to a web cam overlooking the landing site, a profile page and admission to the general forum. A 3d walkthrough of the camp should be a part of this. Photo and videos of the center should be displayed as well.
PAID MEMBERSHIP
Same as a free membership but with the following additions.
Access to scientific and restricted forums.
Access to the blogs for each member of the on site team with the ability to comment.
Access to web cams of the landing site and throughout the camp including cafeteria, recreational areas and the main command center.
Daily updates on the science being performed.

$1 US
Would you be willing to invest $1 US to solve the mystery of our age? $1 to prove that extra terrestrials have or have not visited Earth? Believer or skeptic, will you put your money where your mouth is?

What do you think? Do we need a welcome center? What would we call it?

CHIC:The Center for Human Initiated Communications.
This is my suggestions.

Chic (pronounced "sheek" )

MY Personal offerings
As I have already said, I work with 3d modeling in my spare time. I am working on a 3d message showing where a visitor to our little rock could land. I will also build a 3d model of the base for the website if it gets started. The model will be a web based walk through so that visitors to the site can check out the camp in a game engine. I am also willing to invest a small amount of cash per month to ensure the continuation of such a project.

You can see an example of my 3d modeling skills at the following youtube link
www.youtube.com...
and yes, I made everything in the video.

ONE LAST NOTE

Please try to offer legitimate information, I really don't want to hear from the doubters. I believe this can be accomplished with volunteers,time, the proper information and a lot of hard work.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For some odd reason, I can not edit my first post so I will add info here
1. NASA is ASAN made the comment that this idea could become a TV show and the base would be finances through the show. I think it's a good idea and something worth considering.

I expected people to ridicule my writing, my improper punctuation and even my spelling. I expected people to tell me that this could never be done or that no government would ever allow this welcome center to be built. What I was completely unprepared for was to be ignored. Don't people want to know the truth or has a belief in UFOs become a religion? Is asking to prove the existence of UFOs equal to asking believers to prove the existence of god?

Maybe I'm looking at the lack of response to this thread in the wrong manner.
Is my post not intelligent enough?
Did I not include enough information or did I post too much?
Is the idea ridiculous?
Has this all been posted here and discussed before?

I have spent months doing this research and collecting information for an idea that came to me more than a year ago I can't believe that not one single member has ever considered this or is in the least bit interested.

I can only conclude that my lack of education is the culprit and that my post is so poorly written that no one will take it seriously. If this is the case I respectfully request that a member re-write it for me.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

i liked your idea and i starred and flagged your thread yesterday when you first posted it. i was waiting to see what some others would say and just like you i am kinda surprised at the lack of responses.

i'm not sure about what kind of signal would be best and i think that needs more consideration and discussion. anyway like i said i thought you had a great idea and i commend you for at least trying to do something different to get to the truth. keep us updated on any progress

[edit on 7-7-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have considered setting up a site myself but I do not feel that this project should be mine alone. I believe that there should be steps considered and information gathered before the site could be created. One such consideration is, should this be a non profit organization? I believe it should, I believe all moneys collected should go directly into funding the base and keeping the web-cams operational.

The simple truth is that while I can assist with some of the volunteer work needed, I am not knowledgeable enough to see this come to fruition alone. I chose to post this on ATS because I believe the members here are more serious than on other forums I have lurked on. Perhaps I should pay to join a site like MUFON. Without seeing much interest here, my membership to MUFON could turn out to be a waste, for me anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Holy crap, you have ridiculous writing, terrible punctuation and your spelling is atrocious!!!!!

Ok, just kidding

Onto something a little more constructive, perhaps if you want to gather funds for this project, a good way to build excitement would be to get results for yourself first. Like say, build yourself a mini-compound (tent and video camera?) and get some close fly-bys and stuff, then when you post that on the internet, you'll garner some support by those interested in your results.

I just see this compound idea like the last step on a journey, rather than the first. Then again, I might be way off base here seeing as I have no experience in getting a compound built.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
HA! Another invitation post - which I think is a great idea!

As long as they want to bring and show the love - they are all invited. The negs can go play in another part of the multiverse - I mean it IS big enough!

So lets hope ten million people all sign up to this form of thinking and then we can get cracking!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
"CHIC". The thread title promised more than it delivered. I was half expecting to see some beautiful alien blonde...

Seriously though, I'm not sure if your idea is based on sound logic. You want send out a signal into space inviting aliens to visit our world and you want to build a safe landing pad for them? And you want to use our money to do it?

First of all, if I was an alien I would see this as a trap. Think mouse and cheese.

Secondly, do you not think that aliens could land and visit us any time they wanted (if they wanted to)? Do you REALLY think they are intimidated by a few F16s and some tomahawk missiles? And that's why they haven't landed?

Look, if they can travel interstellar then I'm pretty sure they've got NOTHING to worry about. An F16 chasing a UFO is probably the equivalent of a 1600s horse and cart chasing a Bugatti Veyron.

The bottom line is: if aliens wanted to land on earth and visit us, they would. I highly doubt there's anything we could do to stop them.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm not interested in asking for funds. I posted that because it shows that the funds are there. This idea is posted here to get people interested and that's all. If enough people responded to this post and added their own input, the thread and the idea would take on a life of it's own. The information would be gathered, the website would be built, donations would be collected and the "Base would be built. One person can not do this alone and I expect to be fully "pushed" out of the project at some point.

What is needed before anything else is a community of people who are interested in the project who would work toward getting the information together.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Chic is pronounced as sheek not Chick.

As far as your comments about my idea go, I agree that any alien that wanted to land could. The ET's would not be afraid of our simple aircraft. But at the same time look at it this way. Any alien landing would be seen as an invasion by most. Just imagine a group of primitives in a jungle, you come to visit but they have never seen anything like you. The natives throw spears and shoot arrows at you. You can either take the hits and leave or you could open up with an M-16 and annihilate half of the tribe.

If aliens have been to Earth before they have found no reason to believe that we will not attack them.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
If aliens have been to Earth before they have found no reason to believe that we will not attack them.

True, but I still think the aliens would look upon your "landing base" suspiciously...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I believe they would too and since this would not be a military instillation it would not be a safe place. I thought that it should be remote in order to give the ET time to react to any incoming hostilities.

The message we send needs to be well thought out, I only made suggestions as to what it could be.

I have no doubt that if an alien landed in Washington DC, it would be surrounded by military personnel in seconds. They could not possibly hope to land in any city in this world but they could chance it in a sparsely populated desert.

Oh and thanks for the comments everyone, I really would hate to see this thread die.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Have you ever been here?

www.colorado-springs-vacation.com...

I have and seen UFOs and also experienced other events of high strangeness in the San Luis valley.

I'm sure this site would be open to your idea. Especially the gift shop!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have not been there but it does look like an interesting place to visit. When I first thought of this idea, I naturally thought of the US. The problem, I think, is that the US is too populated. Even if the base were built in the US I don't think it could be built far enough from any military complex for it to be of use. I also looked at deserts in Mexico. The Mexican government is a little more open to the UFO phenomenon than the US but since the US has a heavy peasants in Mexico, it would not be safe there either.

I chose Western Australia because of the millions of acres of open land and the fact that it is so far from any military instillation.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could a moderator change the name of my thread to

Center for Human Initiated Communications

I believe FOXMULDER147 had a legitimate complaint with the name.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
I believe FOXMULDER147 had a legitimate complaint with the name.

Thank you.

It's true, I was expecting some nice T&A when I clicked on the thread. On the other hand, it might be a nice way of marketing the thread to the male (and lesbian) members of the site. Something to consider.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Why this might be a bad idea, and also why "if" Aliens exist they refuse to officially contact the mass population:

1: Our species is still in it's evolutionary infancy and isn't mentally prepared.

2: Our physical bodies might not be able to handle ALien germs. Think reverse War of the Worlds ending.

3: We are merely toys or pets, not worth the effort, and/or the have a rule against interfering with alien lifeforms development.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by __rich__

This could be true but if you assume that they are already here, then you must make other assumptions as well.

I would think that any alien species with the knowledge to travel the stars would be prepared for landing on our planet or any other. We didn't go to the moon without a space suit.

Maybe we are not ready to meet an alien species but the best way to understand someone is with interaction. Dian Fossy wasn't content with studying the great apes, she had to interact with them. Through her interaction she learned so much more than anyone who studied them at a distance.

I would think that any alien species would also have rules about not interfering with primitive species development. I wouldn't expect them to teach us how to travel to distant stars but I would expect them to want
to communicate with us in order to better understand us.

How much easier would it be for them to understand our languages if they had the information we could offer. We could offer them our rosetta stone.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Then again, would you want to "communicate" with a cave-man?

He's only likely to try and konk you over the head with a log, and drag you back to his cave.

Probably better to just observe until such time as development is considered advanced enough to even attempt some sort of dialogue.

Or, do you think humans, as a whole, are at that point?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to try to communicate with a cave man but I am not an anthropologist. Ask that question to any anthropologist and the answer would be a resounding Yes. If an alien has taken the effort to come here and if they have entered our atmosphere without attacking us, I would have to assume that they are doing it to study us. If they want to know about us, why not try to communicate.

There are thousands of reasons to contact us and thousands of reasons not to. I just feel that if people really want to know, they should at least try. No one is laughing at SETI or Carl Sagan for sending messages at other planets. No one is laughing at SETI's website welcoming the aliens, why shouldn't anyone attempt this?

Imagine that you are watching a webcam when first contact is made. How would it change the way we think. If the base were set up the way I explained, videos of the first contact would be posted on youtube before any government agency could even consider a possible cover up.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The problem is that by attempting direct communication, the "observer" is already influencing the "subject'. Even indirectly by simply initiating direct contact.

The only way would be disguise, to blend in with the inhabitants and act as they do, without them knowing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join