It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Center for Human Initiated Communications

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think that the best way is to be excepted into a group and the best way to be excepted is to be invited. I think that there would be a much better chance of making first contact is we initiated the contact. I simply think we need to invite them to the party. If the aliens are here to study us, I can't imagine them refusing.

Just about everyone on this forum believes that some of the UFOs that have been sighted are alien spacecraft. Yet it seems that very few members are interested in attempting contact with them. I do not understand this. I would very much like to speak to and meet an alien.

What I am asking is that anyone who would also like to meet an alien race post on this thread and keep the idea alive.

I am still waiting for people who will offer information. Someone has to have an opinion on some aspect of my original post.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Um, well this is out of character for me....but I like your idea. As foolhardy as it is, and doomed to certain failure. Why? Because you assume that some aliens that can traverse the mind-bending vastness of space to arrive here would be too stupid to figure out when/where/how to land without your help.

I would guess that the aliens would be smart enough to recon the entire globe and tap into most communication networks to learn what they need to learn in order to make a more informed decision rather than just going with some signal saying "hey buddy, land here!".

But I still like your idea. It represents the forward thinking this subject desperately needs.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I am not making the assumption that an alien couldn't land without my help. To be perfectly honest I do not believe that any alien has or is visiting our planet. I do not believe in UFOs. I do not believe that we would get a response. I am willing to work toward bringing this base to life to prove it. Is anyone willing to work toward proving that they do exist or do the members of this site follow the UFO phenomenon with blind faith?

The base would supply opportunities for other scientific endeavors, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Don't you think that an alien stands more of a chance at landing here if he is invited? Why hasn't SETI or any other UFO research group already done exactly what I am proposing? Most groups and organizations don't want to set up a base and invite an alien here for the simple fact that there are no aliens. Proving that they do not exist means millions of dollars would be lost. No one would join their groups, buy their books and magazines or watch their documentaries.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Um, well this is out of character for me....but I like your idea. As foolhardy as it is, and doomed to certain failure. Why? Because you assume that some aliens that can traverse the mind-bending vastness of space to arrive here would be too stupid to figure out when/where/how to land without your help.

Damn, IgnoreTheFacts slams down the hammer, once again. I like how this time he did it in style, instead of his using his usual blunt force attack. My ribs are hurting here, 9/10.

On top of that he raises an interesting point when you think about it; if you got personable enough people to staff this thing, you could probably even get a TV show out of it. People will watch it if it's done right. IgnoreTheFacts would because he's one of the staunchest skeptics out there, so would the believers and even the be-curious* would. Something to think about, especially when it comes to funding. TV studios have bank.

*believer-curious

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

That is a brilliant point! I must admit that I would have never thought of a TV show, now I'm thinking Reality Show. That is the type of input that I am looking for.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
That is a brilliant point! I must admit that I would have never thought of a TV show, now I'm thinking Reality Show. That is the type of input that I am looking for.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

Hey, I'm here to help. I'm an artist by soul, so let's say I'm interested.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
NASA IS ASAN, you just blew my frakking mind. Yeah, I'm a BSG fan.

Does anyone here know how to write a proposal to a studio?

I bet my wife will be flipping through the channels and find an advertisement for this show in a week.

So much for my idea, lol

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

NASA IS ASAN, you just blew my frakking mind. Yeah, I'm a BSG fan.

Does anyone here know how to write a proposal to a studio?

I bet my wife will be flipping through the channels and find an advertisement for this show in a week.

So much for my idea, lol

You don't need a "proposal", what you need is a few guys, some equipment and some personality. You get someone to edit that stuff properly and make it interesting, funny, whatever, and that content is given away for free (ATS exclusive show, perhaps?!) at first.

The content you've made becomes your proposal, if you market it right.

Then, from there you acquire funding, move on to the next big thing, for the next season or whatever. Then you get your compound, that's if you get results, of course. Or are just personable enough.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by NASA is ASAN]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, if nothing else, I do have a whole new way at looking at this idea. I really wouldn't care how the funding was raised or who built the base. I would love to see that there is such a base and it is working toward first contact. Even though I do not believe in UFOs I do believe that we will someday make first contact, if we survive long enough.

I would love to be proven wrong, I would love to see an alien species land at the base and attempt communications. I do believe that it is possible.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The thing most needed at the moment is a team to get this started. We need at least four people who know a little about business and setting up a website. These people should make certain decisions like, What to call the center and what the website should look like. We need people who can calculate how much bandwidth we need and other info about the site. These people should be the decision makers for the start up of this project.

perhaps
A President
A Vice president
A council member
A secretary

I think the website is what needs to be considered first. Will the organization be a for profit or non profit organization?

I hope that people will respond, if we can start a group we can accomplish whatever we decide. Everything that I posted is only suggestions, if anyone has any better ideas, I would like to hear them.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest I do not believe that any alien has or is visiting our planet. I do not believe in UFOs. I do not believe that we would get a response. I am willing to work toward bringing this base to life to prove it.

Prove what? If you build your base and no aliens show up, what does that prove?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It would actually prove nothing. Just like the fact that, other than the 1970 wow signal, SETI has found nothing. If no aliens show up it would not prove that they do not exist but I believe it would put a damper on all the speculation. I am willing to bet that after one year of this base being in operation, a large majority of sitings would drop off.

My stance is this, people see what they expect to see. When was the last time you read the headline "Scientists find link in Ape evolution"? You never have and you never will as long as those scientists are all looking for the missing link in human evolution. People see UFOs because they decided to believe that UFOs are real and they want to see one. Just like a Christian who sees Jesus on his morning toast.

I believe UFOlogy is a new religion and I am simply asking people to prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Others have shared this believe... Are you really just asking us to join a cult?

Have you thought about joining These Guys, they have been prepared for years already, with landing pad.

On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

He told Rael that: "We were the ones who designed all life on earth" "You mistook us for gods" "We were at the origin of your main religions" "Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No I am not asking anyone to join a cult. I would like to explore the UFO phenomenon scientifically. I can not think of a better way to do this than this "base"

I believe that most (not all) UFO photos are fakes. I believe that most sitings are wishful thinking or can be explained scientifically.

The U in UFO does not mean "alien" but people believe it does.

EDIT:
People like the realiens are the reason I would like to see this base built. These people try to contact aliens through ESP or some other method that makes the UFO researchers look bad. I want to back the research with hard science.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It would actually prove nothing. Just like the fact that, other than the 1970 wow signal, SETI has found nothing. If no aliens show up it would not prove that they do not exist but I believe it would put a damper on all the speculation.

But as you say SETI have found nothing, and yet sightings have increased dramatically since the 70s. That contradicts your idea.

I am willing to bet that after one year of this base being in operation, a large majority of sitings would drop off.

I doubt it. No, in fact, I think the opposite. Your "base" would necessarily get global coverage -- being the first of its kind (as far as I'm aware), and therefore you will be raising awareness. It will be like an advertisement for UFOs, chances are sightings will increase.

People see UFOs because they decided to believe that UFOs are real and they want to see one.

While that's probably true for a lot of cases, I believe in UFOs but I've never seen one. You cannot dismiss all the evidence -- video, photographic, eyewitness -- a lot of which often comes from people who have little, or no, interest in UFOs. The UFO phenomena doesn't come from people's imagination. There are a lot of strange things out there in the sky, whether they are alien or not.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Chic, I don't want to sound rude, but isn't Steven Greer (with the C5 protocols) already establishing what this thread is about? S&F regardless. Its a good idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
@FOXMULDER147
I am so glad that you have joined in the conversation. My views are my personal point of view and I don't expect people to agree with me. What I do expect is people to debate what I have posted and in debating it, we can come to a realistic conclusion. I don't have all the answers but I would like to try to find them. It is people like yourself that need to be on this thread.

@NightVision
Don't worry about sounding rude I have been expecting it. I don't believe this idea could get anywhere without people posting what is on their minds. I did run across an article about close encounters of the fifth kind but I really didn't give it much credit. I read about the original CEs and saw that CE4 and CE5 were add ons that most UFOlogists disapprove of. I have heard of no others who are attempting to make first contact in this manner but I will be sure and research the info you have given me. Thanks for that info, I will post here if I find anything interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I understand your post and I can see your point of view. I actually can understand exactly what you are pointing out. The sitings increase or decrease could go either way and if enough people will join this project, we will be able to test the results. I would not expect any alien lifeforms to answer our call but I would be so grateful if they did.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The problem of sending a signal into space is that the chances of someone -- or something -- picking it up are unimaginably slim.

Even if we only concentrate on the "small" amount of space in our local system, you've still got a better chance of winning the lottery (probably by many orders of magnitude) than anything ever hearing it.

Drop a grain of sand in the Atlantic. That's probably the strength of the signal we are sending out into space (relatively speaking).

And then there's the rest of the incomprehensible universe...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
From the CSETI website
www.cseti.org...

CSETI is the only worldwide effort to concentrate on putting trained teams of investigators into the field where 1) active waves of UFO activity are occurring, or 2) in an attempt to vector UFOs into a specific area for the purposes of initiating communication. Contact protocols include the use of light, sound, and thought. Thought - specifically consciousness - is the primary mode of initiating contact.

sending investigators into the field is not what I am proposing. I don't care about investigating UFO sitings.

Using lights sounds and thoughts to communicate to ET sounds a little ridiculous to me. Lights I can understand but the other two give me a headache.

CSETI is a non profit organization but I am sure that there is money made in the training of these special investigators as well as all the tours and lectures.

I am not opposed to what they are doing but I have found no evidence that they are actually trying to make contact in the way that I am asking our members to attempt. I will continue to read about this grope and see what I can find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join