It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Priority U.S. Military Report claims "Apocalyptic Christians" may pose threat to world peace!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
By the way and in line with this thread....can anyone show me an Apocalyptic Christian in a position to actualy threaten world peace?

We can find Apocalyptic #es however.

I can

Here

And I never even had to mention the fact that we are at war right now because a Christian says God told him to start these conflicts!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

By the way and in line with this thread....can anyone show me an Apocalyptic Christian in a position to actualy threaten world peace?

We can find Apocalyptic #es however.

I can

Here

And I never even had to mention the fact that we are at war right now because a Christian says God told him to start these conflicts!

Are we going to blame the UN and all the coalition nations of pure blindness to some suggestion of an apocalyptical? Are we going to believe that the rest were just blindly following along? Without inquiry, justification or anything?

The real apocalyptical danger to the earth today is this idea of the comming iman. This is being acted upon and has been under state, Iran, actions. Thier problems with Israel and that issue is of a nature that cant be understood in a purly secular context anyway. But if thats the boiling point well then we have our beliefs and they have theirs. No soild bible understanding suggests that Christ will return if the temple is built ect ect it cant be forced but will play out durring event actioned by others. There are some on the other hand that totally believe Israel must be destroyed for the iman to come. Not just Israel but the whole world must be given over by force, if need be, to thier machinations. Thats not the christain position as their end time scenarios is based on a time line that cant be forced by mans hand but God will force it when He is ready. Christains wait.....radical Islam seeks to force the issue. In the mean while it is the duty of the nations of the world to fight this maddness. If the primary religious ideas of each camp cross wires i.e. we dont believe in their iman then we are forced to fight along those lines be it purly secular and/or religious to preserve our freedoms and society. Worst case scenario is nut looking for iman with battery of nukes on glow sticks.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

We didnt start these wars. Sadam for example began down the road to his end and the liberation of Iraq when he 1. invaded Kuwait 2. fired missiles into Tel Aviv 3. mass murdered hundreds of thousands once returning home after his army had been destroyed in the field. All these are acts of state terror that eventually had to be addressed for the sake of world peace.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

We didnt start these wars. Sadam for example began down the road to his end and the liberation of Iraq when he 1. invaded Kuwait

Not a war with America.

2. fired missiles into Tel Aviv

Not a war with America

3. mass murdered hundreds of thousands once returning home after his army had been destroyed in the field.
All these are acts of state terror that eventually had to be addressed for the sake of world peace.

Right, and his parents had sex and conceived him so they started it, wait no, his grandparents started this war...oh wait no their parents...

That is a pretty sad attempt at skirting the real crux of what I said. Bush said WE STARTED THESE WARS CUZ GOD DONE TOLD HIM TO so maybe you better go correct him.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That is a pretty sad attempt at skirting the real crux of what I said. Bush said WE STARTED THESE WARS CUZ GOD DONE TOLD HIM TO so maybe you better go correct him.

I thought i did a woundeful job.

But really when has this been established...that God told him? The rest of the world just took his word for it...and the UN?

Anyway, if God did tell him that then he better do it....but He must have told the UN at some point as well.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sadly, I am not surprised by the intelligence capacity of those stiffboards who wrote this report. They totally ignored the actual ones who poses a threat to world peace.

These actual ones are they themselves - the military, and by its extenstion, the military industrial complex Ex President Eisenhower warned us about.

Should there by peace, every military organisation will see their strengths greatly reduced, and critically, budget cut down to a responsible size. No general would readily see this happen and give up his life of command and king like priviledges easily.

And no military industrialists are prepared to stop their factories churning out trillon dollars weapons of hate, keeping them in lives of luxuries from the consented murder of fellow human beings, many whom are only innocent but are known anesthically as collateral dammage.

Muslims, jews, or christians are not the threat. Only a radical few are, and fully capable of being stopped by police action and need not the might of a huge military force.

Find out the source, nip it in the bud, and peace descends.

But no, it's too cheap and the military industrial complexe gains nothing from it. Best play it up, turn it into a dragon and get the yet to shave boys gung ho kill themselves chasing phantoms of innocents conjure up by those bastards in charge.

It's the religious that are trying to stop the war. The Messiah had said that His generation would face the wrath of the Almighty whom ears had been filled with the cries of victimised humans, as mentioned in the books of revelation.

Yet it did not happened. Simply because there were good men who managed to stayed the Hand of a most merciful Creator who loved us all, and gave us chances.

The Messiah disciples, despite persecutions, carried out faithfully His words to the masses. By the 4th Century, Hellenistic Rome under Emperor Theodosius made Chritianity the official religion.

From then, there were several times when mankind fell and most deserved doom, yet was saved by good men throughout history, that would fill a book written to chronologise it.

The Messiah was once asked how many times a man should forgive his brother. Not once, He said, but 70 X 7, meaning always always to forgive. He is the Son of our merciful Creator.

He would not have learnt such wisdom, if it had not been given by our Creator, and our Creator loves us all just as much, am prepared to forgive us if we but acknowledge our errors and mistakes, correct them and then fulfill our destiny.

Now if only the military industrial complex and the radicals would listen and stop pushing humanity for wars, brother killing brother, disappointing our Creator....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For those of you who still insist on saying Bush started this war
War Power Resolution
You always conveniently forget that a president can't declare war without congressional consent. Who controlled congress when Bush was in office?
If I remember correctly it was a majority Democrat congress who OKd "Bushes War" anyway, Idon't know why I am responding to this thread, I guess I'm just bored. I really don't know why the moderators allow this thread to remain in the UFO and Aliens forum when it clearly belongs elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Apocalyptic Christians? Is that, like, Christians who seek to destroy the world?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

God must be part of the MIC. He has some ass kicking in store for several to come and says Hes going to start it. If Christ didnt have a horse to come back on He was use an Abrams M1-A1. Yea boy!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by typwar
Apocalyptic Christians? Is that, like, Christians who seek to destroy the world?

No not really. Most would just rather hole up in a cave when the @&#% hits the fan.

The type mentioned here are said to be those that seek to create a situation that would require the Lords return to undo the mess they make. But Hes on his own timeline, wont be rushed and all things in good time my friend, all in time.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

But really when has this been established...that God told him? The rest of the world just took his word for it...and the UN?

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

[edit on 10-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

George Bush:
'I am driven with a mission from God'. "

lmao, sorry I just could not resist

[edit on 10-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's fascinating to me how quick the atheists and neo pagans and pseudo-christians are so quick to attack christian fundamentalists, the very group that founded America and gave us the concept of God given rights.

On the one hand you have a world religion whose very premise is that those who do not submit to Allah should have their heads chopped off and on the other hand, a group of communist atheists who have slaughtered more people in one century than all the worlds religions combined. Yet it's the christians who are the bloodthirsty savages.

This too of course was prophesied. The illogical hatred of christians and jews is of coursed egged on by the satanic powers that rule this world. As for the prophetic timetable however, I believe that pre-tribulation rapture is a deception that will cause many christians to fall away. Moreover the antichrist is more likely to be a Muslim or a pretend Muslim who will be hailed as the Mahdi. The next Roman empire will be predominantly Muslim, as in fact most of the people who live in former Roman territorities are.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
It's fascinating to me how quick the atheists and neo pagans and pseudo-christians are so quick to attack christian fundamentalists, the very group that founded America and gave us the concept of God given rights.

More fascinating than needing a god you never met to give you rights?

If you need a god to tell you other people do not automatically just get to harm you any way they choose, you did not help found anything.

Your entire post is about as far from reality as possible but there are plenty of other good threads for that sort of thing. Besides, who are you defending here? Christians or Apocalyptic Christians? If you want to defend stockpiling weapons in the name of Jesus, you are going to have to try harder than repeating the fairy tale that helps you sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

More fascinating than needing a god you never met to give you rights?

If you need a god to tell you other people do not automatically just get to harm you any way they choose, you did not help found anything.

What would be your alternative...some man made idea? Look at all the killing man made stupidity has resulted in. Communists, Nazis? Millions upon millinos in the last century....man made god forsaken maddness.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

What would be your alternative...some man made idea? Look at all the killing man made stupidity has resulted in. Communists, Nazis? Millions upon millinos in the last century....man made god forsaken maddness.

Hitler was a Christian who felt he was divinely inspired so yeah, fail.

There is no history of any communist deaths in the name of atheism anywhere so fail there too.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This battle began because a person of one faith , once assaulted and maybe killed a person of another. Thats all. Thats it. Its a fight over NOTHING. Always has been. If you claim to be a Christian, then you cannot condone war of any kind, anywhere, except a war of the spirit, fought without bullet or blade, and fought directly against satan and his cohort, not thier numberless minions on earth.
All down the history of the Christianity/Islam battle (which has raged since almost the freakin dark ages) the powerful corrupted the word of thier Gods to suit a war agenda, and played otherwise faithful men off eachother, in battles which would claim more than thier lives... it would claim thier souls.
I tell you something else for free. The ONLY war fought with guns which was honourable, and needed to be won , was the second world war. Only the Nazi party of germany ever presented a truely globaly terrifying front, and only the nazis ever looked like being capable of taking the planet. Not only that but they were sick degenerate xenophobes, hell bent on the destruction of all things not blonde and blue eyed and geneticaly free of imperfections.
In near on EVERY other war , there has been motive other than right vs wrong, and that must end.
Of course the war on terror by other names has been , as I have said, going since the dark ages, and will not end on the say so of people who understand how futile it all is. Fact is, as a Christian, I condemn the behaviour of my government , and top military brass in allowing the current war to occur. Not in my name I say.
You heard it here first, TrueBrit would rather be blown up by terrorists , than have anything to do with a government who supports a war which kills non combatants in the numbers we see in Afghanistan, or for that matter the death toll in Iraq, which I thought was inexcusable. See I think these end time predictions have all gone wrong. I think it will all end when we realise that ALL powerful men are sinners. The weak will rise, and consume the powerful... that seems to be a more sobering and likely outcome of life as we know it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Hitler was a Christian who felt he was divinely inspired so yeah, fail.

There is no history of any communist deaths in the name of atheism anywhere so fail there too.

Man you are simply spewing nonsense. Most of your post are totaly faulty rhetorical changing the premise as you go type nonsense. Zero deductive
capacity.

For example "Hitler was a christain". No one with any real disire to come to a conclusion, even to a point, would allow this as an example of an "Apocalyptic Christain" or even that the statement has any setting in facts not only because of Hitlers actions (he had his christain critics jailed and some executed), but because the assocation is so lose as not to be allowed and can be shown to be false in reality by the mountain of evidence that he was a mystic thulite given to the ideas of the Thule Society amoung other things.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This battle began because a person of one faith , once assaulted and maybe killed a person of another. Thats all. Thats it. Its a fight over NOTHING. Always has been. If you claim to be a Christian, then you cannot condone war of any kind, anywhere, except a war of the spirit, fought without bullet or blade, and fought directly against satan and his cohort, not thier numberless minions on earth.

"You err not knowing the scriptures".....it is the devine right of government to punish evil doers and "thier numberless minions on earth." Christ also said that greater love has no man than in the laying down his life for a friend or fellow man. Many good christain men died fighting Nazis and others in effect fufilling Christ words.

You say that WWII was a just war. This statement negates your point about christains condoning war of any kind and turns nearly the whole of your argument into logical blathering.

The logical conclusion that can be extrapolated from your contradictive points, is the question of whether or not a war is just and not whether or not a christain can engage in fighting these wars.

If you want to step it up try....Christ said "If my kingdom were of this earth my followers would have fought to prevent My capture". We see here clearly Christ saying that fighting and war have a time and place. So war and fighting are not in question. No one in the west really believes we are fighting to expand the kingdom of Christ on earth. Offering ourselves without fight to the blade of an enemy to answere some notion of a higher calling in Christ, as a nation, is not really what Christ had in mind either.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"You err not knowing the scriptures".....it is the devine right of government to punish evil doers and "thier numberless minions on earth." Christ also said that greater love has no man than in the laying down his life for a friend or fellow man. Many good christain men died fighting Nazis and others in effect fufilling Christ words.

Utter and total codswallop....nearly 90% of the victims of WW2 were non combatant civilians who were fighting no-one on behalf of no-one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join