It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Priority U.S. Military Report claims "Apocalyptic Christians" may pose threat to world peace!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Man you are simply spewing nonsense. Most of your post are totaly faulty rhetorical changing the premise as you go type nonsense. Zero deductive
capacity.

Another fine attack on "most" of my posts in the name of Jesus. My last post was about apocalyptic Christians and then you went off on Nazis, homes.

For example "Hitler was a christain". No one with any real disire to come to a conclusion, even to a point, would allow this as an example of an "Apocalyptic Christain"

Then why would you bring him up?

or even that the statement has any setting in facts not only because of Hitlers actions (he had his christain critics jailed and some executed), but because the assocation is so lose as not to be allowed and can be shown to be false in reality by the mountain of evidence that he was a mystic thulite given to the ideas of the Thule Society amoung other things.

Killing other Christians does not make you an atheist but at least your posts are getting sillier.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Again nothing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
"You err not knowing the scriptures".....it is the devine right of government to punish evil doers and "thier numberless minions on earth." Christ also said that greater love has no man than in the laying down his life for a friend or fellow man. Many good christain men died fighting Nazis and others in effect fufilling Christ words.

Utter and total codswallop....nearly 90% of the victims of WW2 were non combatant civilians who were fighting no-one on behalf of no-one.

Yea right.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Again nothing.

Dude, you brought up the Nazis and Communists, not me. I responded and you cannot handle that.

Acting like a child does nothing to further the debate.

Let me ask again, show me death in the name of ATHEISM. Or, explain how a Christian counts as an atheist because he killed other Christians? Or stop responding pointlessly altogether and perhaps allow a discussion happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else think that the US Military should never have been directed to make this report at all?

I'd like to know who instigated it - it sounds more like some dumbassed thing the State Department would come up with.

Who in this administration, might have tasked the military to put a Red, White and Blue stamp on an alarmist report on a group that are fundamentally (no pun intended) conservative and vote that way?

I don't think that is what military planners should be worried about, given two wars we are fighting and the spectre of a nuclear Iran, and the continuing craziness in North Korea.

Before anyone accuses me of being a rightwing nutcase: I am a member of the NRA, yes - I am also a member of GLAD and PFLAG and the ACLU - so don't even think about pigeon-holing me. I have a free will and a free mind. And I proudly served my nation.

I just do not think it is appropriate that the military are being directed to label groups inside the US as "threats" - posse comitatus anyone?

I have often scoffed at the "UN Troops" conspiracy to invade the US - this makes me rethink it in a more sinister light. Personally, I don't think they'd last 30 seconds if they tried to null and void our Constitution - that's why I'm in the NRA.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
One of my dearest college friends is a member of the Plymouth Brethren church. He believes the literal word of the Bible, and he personally thinks the world will end in 2012.

If nothing else it scares me how happy/enthusiastic he is about the little signs he feels are pointing towards a major breakdown. His beliefs indicate that the book of Revelation spells out the economic downturn (I don't like euphemisms) or natural disasters.

I wouldn't say he was dangerous, nor is his church, but such behaviour is certainly allarming.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

i'm gonna have to disagree with parts of your post. i contracted tick borne encephalitis, which, over the course of several months, slowly drove me insane from infection in my brain tissue, which ate the protein sheath coatings off the nerves, allowing them to touch each other and short circuit, like live wires being exposed to each other. not only did it drive me slowly insane, it messed up hormone production, resulting in massive cravings for everything from sex to food to drugs just so i could go to sleep. no one, including myself, realized i was ill till the day i went into the hospital and went into a coma. even the nurse in the emergency room thought i just had a flu bug (mind you, i was totally blind from the infection at that point, but she apparently didn't know that cause hubby was helping me do everything anyway and i was too out of it to express just how bad my situation was).

my hubby thought i was just going thru a mid life crisis. yeah it was a crisis alright. it would've destroyed our marriage if he hadn't been an awesome man to begin with, with a solid faith. thankfully, i married wisely. anybody else, and it would've likely ended badly. my personality totally changed. i became paranoid, and not just a little, but ALOT. i would pray and pray and get some solace, but the underlying medical condition continued to escalate.

ain't no way you can fight that kinda fear because it isn't spiritual, it's totally physical. also, while in such a weakened condition, when your morals go the way of the dodo, your friends will think you've lost your faith, which of course is not even remotely true because you're medically ill in your brain pan!

so don't tell me that REAL christians will not or are never scared. REAL christians can have some pretty bad things happen to them, take my word for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
my mom had advanced alzheimers disease. she was 89 years old. she began to cuss like a sailor, hit people and throw glass dishes across the room. this was not characteristic of my mom. she was a prayer warrior and an incredibly wonderful mom, wife and christian. but when the alzheimers got her, her personality changed.

so i think when we get to the final judgement, we're gonna find alot of people there, who for medical reasons, were deemed unfit christians, who had no control over their situation and it was up to the people around them to learn the lesson inherent in the condition, not become judge and jury of medically ill people. if a person is uncharacteristically scared or behaving irrationally, it doesn't mean they are not christians or that they want to bomb the planet. nor is every person who is scared, medically ill. some have rational reasons for why they are struggling with their circumstances.

gads i hate generalizations and stereotypes.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

---

invaded Kuwait (91). That was Bush 1's reasoning to mount troops and convince American allies. But that was it. The one and only power move that might have been deemed necessary. Bush2 wouldn't have had to stick-up for Dad, if Dad (Bush1) finished the job in /91. Now look at the mess. Sad ffng sad.

Decoy

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

There is always someone out there ready to convince a nation to "take on the devil".

Humans love that stuff.

- Lee

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join