It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Priority U.S. Military Report claims "Apocalyptic Christians" may pose threat to world peace!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have so-called "apocalyptic" Christians in my family. I can say these people are the biggest supporters of world peace there are because they are very much against global governance, the NWO, and secretive government programs. They are against electronic monitoring of people of all sorts and therefore are the best friends people can have when dealing with a rampaging governments who prefer that Earth become one big prison for which there is no escape. Of course the NWO crowd would never think of it as a prison because they are the ones pulling the strings.

Sure they have stupid views when it comes to supporting Israel without first questioning the motives and whether there is extreme over-aggressiveness involved, but much more important to them than Israel is that we never get an overly intrusive government, especially one that starts putting marks anywhere on our bodies.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Danbones

....but bottom line is I heard a voice and seen a heavenly being(that another poster said was probably a cherub).
This is all I claim to know with absolute life and death certainty so I stand by the scriptures because the voice and what was said matches what the scriptures say.... can't write worth a ..

OK, I take that as an honest answer. I have to ask you though, aside from what the "voice" said to you, how can you be certain is was the Jesus you wanted so bad to hear, and possibly see? What if what you heard was in fact a Devil, who is said to be adept disguising himself to fool innocent Christians? Have you studied up on, and researched the Cherubim?

This happens, but its not the Devils prefered way of disguising himself. He really likes using bible school grads in three piece suits or any of a group of indicators that form a comprehensive package of accepted maifestations of what a man of God is.
The Real maddness, the true corruption of the vast numbers out there is not being done by holed up cult types, but by the commonly acceptable types in long robes and three piece suits, god show tv types, educated or homespun, but accepted.

Devil pulls up a visionary nut from time to time just to reinforce what people consider acceptable. No really. Notice the vast number love to proclaim how they have never had visions and whatnot....thus establishing a norm...from which they perch themselves like the judge of all....even though they carry around a book that is from front to back a book of visions, angelic encounters, supernatural happenings of all sorts... not to mention flat out encounters with God...page after page. It really needs to been seen for the thing that it is.

Yet they will tell you that the sure path the true path the real thing is someone that makes no such claim of anything supernatural at all really ever happening to them.....but they have studied the word and thats more important than anything....but its not...

As far as Cherubim show me a place in the bible where one (or two) show up... that its is not clear who they are, what they want and who thy are working for.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm not who you replied to but here's my opinion on the matter.

1) The report, in order to stir up emotions, is hogwash written by someone who is obviously anti-religious, anti God or anti-Christ. Take your pick.

2) These events were prophecied centuries ago and they're now coming to fruition.

3) Since when has there been world peace? If there is any world peace it's truly false. There's not even peace in your community. I don't know where you live but take a look around. Where is peace in this world?

4) It's not the Christians who are starting trouble. It's the ones who reject the message what Christians are saying who are the trouble makers. There is an exception though. The Roman Catholic Church puts a bad name on all Christians.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
VENUS as well as MANY OTHER ARC ANGELS are comming to help the lamb, lol lol. So satan has his counter as well, BRIGHTER BRIGHTER BRIGHTER DARK ANGEL REALM times up!!!!! (cant wait for the fireworks)... If I chase the into the darkness and 1 has to strike a match to see, the has used the LIGHT FOR SUPPORT DEGRADING THEIR EVIL DARK SOUL WELCOMMING THE LIGHT.... SO no evil dark followers when the lights go out better use any form of light (even ya guns) to see for its access directly to the core of the dark fearfull souls (snacks)...... And as far as a made up situation with mega blimps and aliens -OMG- whATS REAL WILL HAPPEN EITHER WAY, they all cant escape this little universe no matter what hell sorry stargate they use.....

It is nice to be picked up and not even notice that you have morphed into your higher perfect untrapped selves HUH........*PERFECTION* NOT IMPERFECTION DARK REALM KINGDOM CREATORZ. I think they miss the SON
thats why they are trying to force im out lmao underearth(INVADE) THE BEAST HAS FEAR, HIM DONT WANT HIS FOLLOWERS TO SEE HIS WEAKEST OF WEAKNESSES .....

[edit on 7/7/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Well. You can kind of expect them to since Christians seem like an extremely paranoid bunch at times.

"Their out to crucify us"
"They worship satan"
"They hate me, because I love God"

These thing's I've never personally heard from any other religious group, but I hear CONSTANTLY from Christians.

I figure if the US fractured and ceased to be a union (In otherwise, state governments, and some sort of anarchy took over) then there would be a very powerful Christian group that would rise from the ashes that from event.

Probably several.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
God Lord, is this supposed to be news to anyone? The Lunatic "Christian" cultists are far more dangerous than the Islamic extremists because it is the crazy Christians that have the closest reach to real levers of power.

In some countries, hard core evangelicals would be recognized for the lunatics they are. They are mentally unstable, blind followers, easily manipulated, scientifically ignorant while being arrogant (dangerous combination) and quick to become rabid.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Beg your pardon, but you are an insane cultists. While you are at it, join me and pray to God to save us from the likes of you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I many times disagree with you .

But have to pat you on your back for your post . Good job

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Don't worry. Christians will not destroy the United States, but try to protect it. You would probably be better served worrying about muslims, who are much more prone than baptists to strap bombs to themselves and blow up children. Or perhaps Obama, who wants to take away all your stuff and give it to those too lazy to earn their own stuff.
Note that Iranian president has stated he wished to bring about the apocolypse. Franklin Graham has no such intention. I just love it when someone like you, who has maybe 25 years on this planet suddenly announces he's figured it all out, and everyting in the bible, which you probably haven't read is nonsense. Take an objective look at it, then research it as a history text and prophecy of things to come. See if you can disprove any of it. You can't. Funny how things in the bible have a funny way of happening, like say, the creation of Israel in 1948.
There are things that are simply beyond your control, and no matter what you want to beleive, I suggest you start by taking a cold hard look at the facts, at history and what is written in the bible. Then figure out what you think about it Ever notice how a methodist never shows up at your door with a suicide vest on telling you to convert or die, or how a catholic never comes by with an IRS agent and takes all you income, then tells you what health care plan you have to buy, and from whom you will puchase it from?
Moral obligation? That's funny. Did you notice how Bush always gave at least 15 percent of his income to charity, without the power of police forcing it on him, but obama donates about a hundred bucks, and that goes to something for the betterment of marxising kids? Wake up. The reason the government is coming down on christians is because the government doesn't want you placing anything above government. Like a jealous fat chick. If you follow the principles in the bible, you may realize that the government has become more than a framework to support peace and property rights, and is now a giant glutonous pig interested in taking everything you have for it's own sustenance and growth, with the goal of keeping you in check and controlling you so that it may continue to feed of you. Religion gets in the way of that, so it was only a matter of time before the government turned on religion. The wrong religion at that. However, since the principles of Islam incorporate and justify extreme violence, muslim nations wrap their government in islamic law to help with the massive extortion of capital and theft of freedom. The same way our government fears christianity. It's just funny how folks in government prop up islam and slam christianity.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
God is just playing a game of SPORE.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
THE greatest threat to the world is ............

the religion of

MONEY

M . O . N . E . Y !!!!!!!!!

....... and the greed/corruption it breeds

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89e0d17212cf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

It's the ones who reject the message what Christians are saying who are the trouble makers

Leave it to Christians fulfilling their need to be narcissistic idiots.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

I was expecting this to be honest, the greatest enemy to the NWO is Christ. I am a Christian (non denominational) and I have been waiting with baited breath for them to finally start slamming us in conjunction with terrorism.

Well that depends

You see if your against killing Muslims so that a new temple can be built on the mount so that the end times can beging then they will see you as a terrorist but it's OK we are all terroriss now.

Times americans stood up and removed the cancer that has taken over the states by bribes from the international bankers that have just about every politician on the pay roll.

In some countries, hard core evangelicals would be recognized for the lunatics they are. They are mentally unstable, blind followers, easily manipulated, scientifically ignorant while being arrogant (dangerous combination) and quick to become rabid.

Well said that man.

Have you seen how they flock to iserail and photoshop out the temple mount and then they have the cheek not to understand wht their counter parts want to stop them.

Some of these are nothing but freaks and have the backing of the bankers.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My niece has a close friend, her friend's family have a proud family history in the area of Persia they can trace back their lineage for nearly 2000 years in that part of the world. The family are of the Bahai faith and Persia, now Iran was seen as, in the 19th century, The very model of religious tolerance and integration.

In 1977 Persia allowed a religious group to gain power in the country. Why , well lets be honest here, partly because of the utter corruption and suppression funded, mainly by Britain and the USA. In the 1950s, Britain and the USA were the backers in bringing down a properly and fairly elected government in the area, because it was *left wing*.

My nice's friend, her mother, father and one brother are all that remain of an extended family that numbered some 200 the day the religious zealots were allowed to take control. One of her aunts was gang raped then strung up from a lamp post because she was a *heathen*. An uncle had his whole family shot in front of him before being taken out and strung up himself, to the cheers of a baying mob.

Anyone who thinks that the Christian extremists are any different in their mind set, given reign to go about their *great work*., is an absolute fool. To see Americans, bemoaning their lack of freedom and right to influence policy in the body politique, is , to anyone from any other country utterly risible. The truth is, as i see it. In a free society, the Christians fundamentalists have reached their high water point, in terms of support and the fact is. The vast majority of people hold no truck with their beliefs or their out moded, out dated, repressive moral code. That's good enough for the extremists though. so they scream and shout like petulant kids about how everyone else is preferred over them when. To anyone with half a functioning brain, it is wholly apparent they have power way beyond their actual popularity within the electorate, inside the American legislative.

To see the utter bilge spouted by some of those sorts on here, just confirms to the rest of the world that, the USA is another Iran, just waiting to happen. thankfully the East and West coasts of the country will consign this nightmare scenario to just that, a nightmare.

To hear American Christians bleating about , injustice in their direction, is like hearing some spoiled kid throwing a tantrum because father failed to by them the whole toy shop..

[edit on 7-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by FearNoEvil

And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." -Luke 22:35-38

My understanding is this...

Jesus knew He would no longer be with them, to provide protection and provision. He was getting them prepared to go out and spread the gospel in an environment of intense persecution.

There was also a need for them to be able to defend themselves from thieves and wild animals. There was no "sword control" at that time so this was perfectly legal.

My understanding of verse 52… “…for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword”… Jesus was instructing them not to use their swords as aggressors – as thieves would.

Matt 26:51-56
51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear .
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
55 In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

Jesus was all about peace but defending yourself and your loved ones is acceptable - IMO.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." -Luke 22:35-38

These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.-Rev11.4

And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. 19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. 20 The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.-Ex25

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. -Rev11.19

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

The problem with what you've done, here, is that you've taken the fact that the military published a report about the impact of millennialism on national security, and converted that news into a blog-report about what fundamentalists believe is going to happen at the end of the world.

The actual report goes through and analyzes the PHENOMENA of 'apocalyptic beliefs' and those dedicated to them. It's not necessarily aimed at any particular religion, but must consider the major influences in America (which happens to have a very large Christian base).

The report doesn't paint anyone as the bad guy. That is not what it is intended to do. It is intended as an intelligence brief to policy makers so that they can be aware of different factors that can influence national security. Naturally - if a statistically significant portion of the population believes their way of life may come to an end almost any day, it's a point of concern.

There's nothing in the report that really seems to say: "Fundamentalism is bad" - but it does break down many of the principles, analyze its influence on society, and give some guidelines for how to handle problems that may crop up.

In short - It's their JOB to think about "what if." There are military reports out there that, in less direct wording, attempt to form a contingency to handle a "zombie apocalypse" similar to Resident Evil or I am Legend sort of scenarios.

Does it mean they are sitting on the edge of their seat, waiting to kill the first zombie that crops up? No - but if it does, they have a contingency in place to handle it so that people don't turn around and say: "Hey, you all are supposed to be protecting us - and here New York turned into a massive zombie feast." Or - in this context: "Hey, where were you guys - a bunch of these fundie 'christians' blew up half a dozen buildings to try and bring about the damned apocalypse!"

Next time, please do not use 'my' military to try and justify and further your own religious (or anti-religious) agenda. It's corrupt journalism.

As a side note - I am a Christian. I don't claim to have all the insight into the 'end times' - humans always seem to think the world is about to come to an end - it's repeated time after time in almost every culture, the Aztecs (I believe, it may have been the Maya) sacrificed people like no tomorrow in the event of an eclipse, because they believed the world would end if they didn't. Or, maybe they didn't - they just wanted an excuse to kill people, I don't know.

But - If it really is the "end times," and it is to happen like scripture says it will, then I think anything we end up trying to do to avert it will simply make it happen. The faces might change because of it - but whether we sit and do nothing or give it our best shot to keep it from happening, it would be rather futile.

The only way I can see of potentially averting it would simply be to take each day as it comes, and live as wisely and justly as we possibly can (for those of faith - according to how their faith tells them to live each day).

In that event - if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't - we're doing good anyway, so no problem.

On a personal note, though - I'm of a survivalist mentality - I'm never prepared well enough, and always thinking of new things to try and prepare to survive.

And, I do believe, the Bible has something to say about those who try and predict the end-times. Pretty much to the effect of: "you are full of crap, and aren't doing anyone any favors." I would have to find that passage, though.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I can do nothing but respect this post. This was a well thought out response and it makes me proud of this forum and the human race as a whole.

Now on to other thoughts.

There are good and bad in every group. I know there are fanatical christian groups and I believe our government is correct in watching them. I do not condone bigotry though. I believe that many people hate Christians and use the internet to insult and attack them. They like to throw in a few statistics to prove their point so let me throw out a statistic of my own. 2% of the American populous are homosexual, an estimated 43% of all known serial killers are homosexual.
www.adherents.com...
Using your own reasoning, we should go lock up all the homosexuals. Am I correct in assuming that this is your belief?

I do not pretend to be better than anyone else. I am not about to tell someone where they can live or who they can love. I will never tell someone that they should not have the right to believe in anything they want to believe in. What I find so insulting about this thread is the arrogance of it. You people actually think that by posting anonymous comments on a forum that you can change someones beliefs. You feel it is your duty to insult someone who believes differently than you. You believe that you are right and you are willing to wast time trying to prove it. I find you all guilty, believer and non believer of the same wrongs, pushing your beliefs on others.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
By the way and in line with this thread....can anyone show me an Apocalyptic Christian in a position to actualy threaten world peace?

We can find Apocalyptic #es however.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO

2% of the American populous are homosexual, an estimated 43% of all known serial killers are homosexual.
www.adherents.com...
Using your own reasoning, we should go lock up all the homosexuals. Am I correct in assuming that this is your belief?

Is it nature or nurture (or a lack thereof) that is responsible for such a high percentage?
Could the fact that many homosexuals are, in effect, already "locked up" by the actions of a certain type of Christian possibly play a role?
Were they born murderers or made into them?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by 23refugee]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join