It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netintelligence Has blocked ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmm I really can't condone classifying ATS as an adult site at all really.

I mean seriously, swearing is not allowed on ATS but really is commonplace on most sites today.

Controversial out of the box subjects should not be classified as adult, I would say it is a whole lot much more damaging to a childs mind to visit youtube (a site not blocked by netintelligence btw) and watch some of the far out videos on there, and then have no proper critical views and balance like we have here, and then read the youtube comments. Have you actually read youtube comments, on the whole they are disgunting, racist, filthy and not moderated.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by zaiger
ATS does have a drug board now so it is not like it is child friendly.

That's a restricted forum, like RATS. You can't Google to it.

Yes but it is here on this site so it would make sense that someone might have seen some of our threads in there and reported it as adult. Just because it does not show up on google does not mean it is not here.

See first pic

Asking how to grow

How to get high off bath salts

Video of people shooting up

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That kind of re-inforces how absurd this is, those threads are very mainstream and typical of a lot of forum threads and information around the web, but the most shocking has to be your third link (drug users shooting up) but that isn't hosted on ATS?

Nope, it's hosted on YouTube, not blocked by NetIntelligence. Sure, I don't think it should be either, but it is a lot more adult then ATS could ever possibly be, the staff just would not let anything be posted on here like it is on youtube, if I spoke like a lot of the people do in YT comments, I'd be banned in an instant, and rightly so!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You don't need to 'remove' it. Just simply boot up with a different OS such as Linux and rename it. This will stop it from loading.

Check 'startup' too. Start > Run > MSCONFIG > startup. If its displayed here, untick it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

That kind of re-inforces how absurd this is, those threads are very mainstream and typical of a lot of forum threads and information around the web, but the most shocking has to be your third link (drug users shooting up) but that isn't hosted on ATS?

Nope, it's hosted on YouTube, not blocked by NetIntelligence

And if you bothered to click it you would have seen that the video was removed from you tube.

Drugs Sites

Concerned with supply, promotion and/or advocacy of illegal drugs; including drug-related paraphernalia, literature, and equipment; associated alternative lifestyles.
www.block-website.com...

Sounds like our alternative substance board

Hate Violence

Violence. aggression; racism; weapons (supply and advocacy/information); terrorism; political, racial or religious intolerance, bigotry or hate; incitement to law-breaking, including civil disobedience; suicide assistance/advocacy sites.

Religious intollerance? Sounds like our CiR board.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Actually I did bother to click it and it told me an error occured

I could have sat there and watched other video's on YouTube of people shooting up, live killings, cannabis plant grow diaries and grow instructions, peoples '___' trips, how to hack fruit and vending machines and god knows what else asnd then read the disgusting xomments but thought I'd come back to this family freindly site instead as my kids in the room. A clear example of how NetIntellegence does NOT work IMO

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It is not perfect but youtube does take many videos down, like the killing ones, those get taken down real quick. Many others make you click a button when you try to watch them that say you are 18.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

*SNIP*
As far as children viewing this site, it absolutely depends on the child. I was reading many of my mothers books that she would leave in the bathroom when I was seven years old. I read my first stephen king book by the time I was 8. Perhaps that's what's wrong with me
I feel it is totally dependent upon the child. Kids are pretty smart and can smell bs a mile away like some of us can

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We have notified them of ths situation and have a trouble ticket with them. THANKS for bringing this to our attention.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Good news and no problem Springer, hopefully they'll fix it soon

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd be mad if my computer blocked ATS, but when I go back to school next year (9th grade) I plan to set up my home computer as a proxy and getting firefox portable on a flash drive, installing ProxyFoxy, using that to access the blocked sites!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Although I agree that ATS isn't exactly Nick Jr.com, I think it's pretty ridiculous that certain features on ATS are considered "Adult" by anyone..

Granted, you probably wouldn't want your 5 year old debunking England UFO sightings with Credulity Kills, Phage, or BigfatfurryTexan.. But I think teenagers should at least be able to have full access to all the features so they can start becoming informed about how the real world works.

Alot about ATS is gaining a profound sense of insight through interactions with other people and also understanding that alot of life is hearing the scoop from every angle and forming your own opinions.

Alot of this information is either left out by our education system or deliberately kept from young adults so that teachers and parents can have a warm fuzzy feeling knowing their kids aren't publicly debunking UFO's on ATS or finding the next super-secret underground military installation with a bunch of like-minded people. However, unless teens and young adults can ask the tough questions and debate the possible answers they're always going to remain in that blue box of society where you believe everything you're told because it's the "sensible" thing to do.

So much of what is really going on in the world is not in the MSM, it's not on reality TV shows, but it IS on ATS.. I think that's important to keep in mind. Young people can't form meaningful or relevant opinions unless they have all the information. And most young people and society simply don't. It's almost considered taboo to ask the really tough questions and challenge the status quo and it just doesn't make sense. It's always left me really annoyed and bothered that everyone believes what's in the text books but they tend to immediately write-off anything that isn't..

But, of coarse, I have a tendency to dabble in the philosophical and this discussion always brings us back to fear and ignorance.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah I had a problem recently going into ATS. Every time I go onto the website I get a popup asking me to do a survey, kinda odd. Wanna try to capture a screen shot, but for some reason it wont paste into paint or word :/.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i'm not sure if this will work as i do not have NetIntelligence on the computer i'm using, but i have found System Explorer to be effective at this sort of thing. just download and install system explorer, load it up and you should see an entry for NetIntelligence software on either Startups or Services, right click on it (if its on services, stop the service then select startup type .. click on disabled) and disable it. restart your computer after doing so.

also try to check if the Primary and Secondary DNS routes through their servers as this is one method used by similar software to block websites with questionable content. good luck.

EDIT:
this might be worth a try.

Netintelligence can be uninstalled using “Remove a Program” from your Windows Control Panel. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Remove a program (Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) -> Select Netintelligence from the list and double click it using the left mouse button. When uninstalling Netintelligence, you will be prompted for your uninstall password. Your uninstall password can be obtained by double clicking on the Netintelligence Icon on your desktop and logging in to your online control panel. The password is then located under the support section as shown below.

Link with pics

[edit on 7.7.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

As much as I hate to...

I had to star that.

EDIT: Nevermind, no starring here

OP, they're installing this in pc's for the general public??? That's crazy.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have a friend with a company computer with a company spy ware program on it. he travels a lot a likes to keep in touch with friends.
but from a fired employee he found out that the computer keeps log in and passwords of all email and sites visited. Plus other things we did not try to decipher

Because the company has large hard drives in there computers we just partitioned a part of the hard drive and added a cut down version of Linux mint tailored for using the web.
Because the partition blocks the spy ware on the windows side from Linux he can safely do what he wants.
And if he has to turn in the computer later it only takes a few minutes to wipe the Linux program and all his web surfing/evidence.

This can also be done on a flash drive that can be unplugged if the company wants to check his computer.(even safer way)
www.pendrivelinux.com...

Linux on a flash drive is likely the best way to beat Netintelligence without even leaving any sign it was ever beat.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I work for Netintelligence, I do not wish to pretend otherwise. I saw tweets regarding this issue and wanted to explain the current stance.
I need to check with our technical teams but with regards to the Home Access scheme, Netintelligence had stringent guidelines as to what type of content was acceptable or not.
The home access laptops are for children to learn outwith school, to help with their education. For this reason, Netintelligence had to block a lot of sites, with sites such as Facebook, Bebo etc included.
The age range for Home Access laptops starts at 5 which is why our guidelines were so strict. We had to ensure that until parents were able to set up individual users/profiles and 'rules' that young children could not access inappropriate content.
We do have a knowledge base (I haven't linked here, as don't want to be seen promoting a site) that can help those who are struggling setting up the rules.

As for the classification of this site, I will check with our technical team regarding how it is normally classified and will come back to you regarding this.
Please let me know if I can advise any more, I hope you don't mind my posting on here.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Is there an age policy at ATS?

Is NI a software for under 18's, a parental guardian program of sorts?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The software is called 'Parental Controls'. It can be modified by parents to allow sites or groups of sites. Each user can have their own profile as well, with seperate settings.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
soo many of you use window$ i cant believe it!
sickening! lol

PLEASE close those $h!tty little windows and open some doors. www.ubuntu.com...

really...
you guys are supposed to be unlike the masses...
you should know better.

Im disappointed in a whole lot of you. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join