It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netintelligence Has blocked ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Netintelligence Has blocked ATS!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fddbdd4ae1c0.jpg[/atsimg]

To my dismay I found today that Net Intelligence have blocked ATS from being accessed!

If you've never heard of them then they are big and fast growing. You've heard of the home access grant thing right? ALL of their computers are fitted with it as standard, and you can't simply remove it via add/remove programs, it needs a pasword!

I noticed this when I used a friends laptop, video sites, illegal sharing sites, games sites etc. I accessed with no problem, ATS main page it will allow but as soon as I tried recent posts (and anywhere else on ATS) it tells me no

This is obviously BS as the grounds they have given is adult content, don't make me laugh!

Just letting the ATS crew know, I have submitted a form to say it is not an adult website, not that it will do any good

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is your employers service?

link   
Update FYI... I had to email myself this screenshot to post when I got home as it wouldn't let me come anywhere on ATS apart from the main page???

As the owner of the PC has to contact the suppliers for the removal password? She only knows it came from Comet Online and not sure how to go about it. I've also had access to another of these HA laptops and same story

I think if enough people let them know we are NOT an adult website then maybe they might unblock ATS, she is keen to have a look around

link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

It's actually very easily removed using third party software that specializes in removal of programs.

Even if ATS was an adult website, who are they to stop you from viewing what you want?

That's simply ridiculous. I'd be ripping that piece of software out of my PC stat!

Here's an easy way to get rid of it..

www.geekstogo.com...

~Keeper

[edit on 7/6/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

This is your employers service?

It is used by a lot of employers but a lot of PC's/Laptops are being supplied with this fitted as standard to the general public, and removal isn't as straight forward as other programs.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All of whose computers run NetIntelligence? Sorry, I'm confused. Does NetIntelligence also block proxy sites?

If this is an employer or a school or something, they have every right to block websites on systems they provide.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The first thing I did was go to Add/Remove programs and it requires a password, to get it you either have to contact the suppliers somehow or create some kind of account with them (N.I)

Admittedly I didn't have long enough to look into it and have a serious attempt to remove it but told her I'd look around the web and mention it here to see what advice I get and try tommorow.

I only got a minute on the other laptop (different owner) just to confirm if it was the same story with theirs and yes it was
Both PC's were from different suppliers although through the same Home Access scheme, and after speaking to a few people about it, even though today was the first time I'd come accross it, it does sound in heavy usage and growing fast so we could do with getting ATS removed from their blacklist.

This is their site: www.netintelligence.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No ~Lucidity, like I said above, these were two laptops supplied to two personal home users from two different places, Comet and Carphone Warehouse.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can't say I see the big deal.

Home Access Grant program, seems to be a UK based program to provide internet access to those that can't afford it.

I think if someone else is paying your internet they should be allowed to have a say in the type of sites that are accessed.

If that bothers people, I'd suggest getting your own internet service.

Seems to be like asking for a ride, then being dumbfounded when the guy won't let you belt out show tunes the whole way.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
you can remove it in windows safemode without the need for a pw,hope this helps

Regards to all

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Your getting the wrong end of the stick mate!

To make things clear I do NOT own one of these computers neither am I moaning about any free ride.

Yet I'm angry at the situation!

According to their site:

"There an estimated 10 million companies using their Software worldwide"

So were not just talking a few schools, one or two free computers to families on low incomes and the odd workplace. Home Access itself is a company, One in the 10 Million Companies that is, now go and have a look at how many computers they have supplied in The UK! Yes, it's a lot isn't it?

If you still haven't figured it out yet this is my problem, ATS is being denied to millions of users on the grounds of Adult content, this is wrong and needs to change, that is my issue

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't see the problem, their laptop so they get to say what goes on it.

If you still haven't figured it out yet this is my problem, ATS is being denied to millions of users on the grounds of Adult content, this is wrong and needs to change, that is my issue

ATS does have a drug board now so it is not like it is child friendly.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dear Net Intelligence,

I've been a member of ATS for over six years, and have been on the staff for over five... I can unequivocally state that there are NO ADULTS HERE.. We have aliens, angels, demons, a veritable cornucopia of species other than human... Heck, we even have a Parakletos... Or so says him... But no adults... Nada... Boopkus... You'd have more luck at the Chuck-E-Cheese Ball Pool...

Sincerly,

Mirthful Me
ATS Staff & Non-Adult

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Is the content here not for adults?

Honestly, I don't want my children reading about half the things presented on here.

Most children do not have the logic or rational to understand the content here.

I could not fathom my children reading one of the hundreds of chicken little, martial law tomorrow, bird flu will kill us all tomorrow, oil spill will kill us all tomorrow, solar flare will kill us all tomorrow...threads.

Look at the reactions of the grown (i think atleast) people on this site to some of these threads. Like the blackjack threads for instance, how many people went on and on about the "now confirmed through a COMIC STRIP" terrorist attacks?

Kids need to worry about being kids, not worry about black helicopters swooping down spraying corexit while digging up the ancient astonauts to return to our reptilian shapeshifter leaders to use as a sacrifice to nibiru before using us for brunch and robbing the planet of its resources.

Nah, I'd rather my boys worry about how far they can skip a rock, or if girls really do have cooties.

Not saying things on here I wouldn't love my kids to learn about, but the overwelming majority of things I would not.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

@ Mirthful Me

That should do it, I wish mine was bit more humorous I was just a bit cheesed off at the time as we were talking about a few issues dealt with on here and were a bit annoyed when we couldn't access here on so called adult grounds

@zaiger Actually she was allocated £400 btw from Home Access, she choose where to spend it, the only person who owns that laptop is her

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
They often block wiccan/pagan sites too, like witchvox.

Wonder if you can get that? If you can't get THAT, and you can get Benny Hinn, you've got some grounds to complain.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mirthful, genius, mate.

Litftheveil, good find. SnF.

Mirth, you forgot to tell them that the site travels through the space-time continuum, and quantum jumps into other dimensions.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Given some of the subject matter herein, I'd say this is most assuredly an adult site...though not in the manner most would associate with "adult site" on the interwebs...

Not sure I'd let my kids, if'n I had some, browse ATS on their own. Some of my threads aren't really suitable for kids, IMHO...and I don't really go overboard on mine.

Still, and all, I'd say it's an employers call.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
ATS does have a drug board now so it is not like it is child friendly.

That's a restricted forum, like RATS. You can't Google to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
@tothetenthpower and FeatheredSerpent thank you both will look into those

Originally posted by hadriana
They often block wiccan/pagan sites too, like witchvox.

Wonder if you can get that? If you can't get THAT, and you can get Benny Hinn, you've got some grounds to complain.

I'm not in a position to try it right now but can say that we visited a number of 'suspect' sites, for example pirate sites, filesharing, flash games, network sites etc. etc. and there was no problem or blocks, she has only had it blocking access from another site so far, and that was a mp3 site (beemp3) on copyright grounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join