It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Birgunj - Nepal's Drug Capital" - video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I found this al-Jazeera video interesting...I'd never heard of Birgunj before...

I thought it was odd, too, the way the boys were shooting up in their stomachs at the start of the clip...I really bet they had better veins elsewhere, in my humble opinion, still...That seemed slightly off, yes it did.

[oh, gosh, evidently there's some issue with the video...my apologies...]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
I thought it was odd, too, the way the boys were shooting up in their stomachs at the start of the clip...I really bet they had better veins elsewhere, in my humble opinion, still...That seemed slightly off, yes it did.

It's not unheard of for chronic users to resort to the veins in their stomach and the reporter says in the video that the concoction is harder on their veins than heroin. It might be an effort to hide the tracks either, in the west people sometimes use the veins in their feet to hide tracks but the guy's in that video are wearing sandals so the stomach might be the next best thing.

The police chief didn't look to upset that his underlings were involved, that first little chuckle spoke volumes.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
bah, the video is not working...

as for injecting into their stomachs, they maybe dont go for veins, or maybe it was not heroin ... as with some other drugs people done "main line" it into a vein, they can inject into skin ... probably a little safer too from an overdose point of view.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

here's the link

video

[edit on 27/5/10 by pieman]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

You rule.

I should have exerted myself more, to do what you did...
Thanks for saving my thread.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

That's no prob, you tube can be a pain and I was interested in the video. Nepal has always had a reputation as a source of supply for drugs but I don't know much about the region as far as users go.

The three drugs that the guys are combining strike as a weird substitute for heroin, especially considering the quantity and low price demonstrated in the stuffed out mud huts in the latter part of the piece. According to the video they use diazepam, something called genorphine which I can't find information for, probably because I can't spell it, and phenergan.

For a start, I can't see how they could be cheaper than heroin considering how cheap the opium is. I assume "genorpine" is an opiate used for substitution because of the "ine" tail but and the other two ingredients in the cocktail aren't. They'd have a strong depressant effect but they're horribly rough on the body by comparison to heroin. It all seems a bit messed up.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

The three drugs that the guys are combining strike as a weird substitute for heroin, especially considering the quantity and low price demonstrated in the stuffed out mud huts in the latter part of the piece. According to the video they use diazepam, something called genorphine which I can't find information for, probably because I can't spell it, and phenergan.

For a start, I can't see how they could be cheaper than heroin considering how cheap the opium is. I assume "genorpine" is an opiate used for substitution because of the "ine" tail but and the other two ingredients in the cocktail aren't. They'd have a strong depressant effect but they're horribly rough on the body by comparison to heroin. It all seems a bit messed up.

Yeah, I was wondering where they make the diazepam at...I was thinking it would have to be some non-First-World knock-off factory like in Thailand or China or something, to even have a prayer of being cost-effective compared against local opium growing out of God's own local dirt...but then again maybe there is some particularly toothsome result of the synergistic combination in the 3-ingredient cocktail...maybe that's the reason they led the story with it, that it is particularly popular (next-big-thing-style) because users find it really really good... speculating of course...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Those kids are noobs. Stomach shootin it is painfull and pointless. This is so sad if drugs were legal this would not be happeneing if drugs were legal those kids would probably be working for NASA, there would be no crime and we would all have hover cars.

edit to add:

[edit on 28-5-2010 by zaiger]

top topics

join