It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pharmacutical industry's hijacking of medical marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have been trying to get prescribed sativex here in the uk, some counties are prescribing it, but not the county I live in. It works out at costing 11 pounds about $15 a day to prescribe, so it is very expensive. I am going to see if I can get it privately prescribed, but I think its unlikely, still worth a go. It's crazy how expensive it is considering it comes from a plant that can be mass produced for little money.

It's annoying that strict laws and greedy pharmacutical companies are hampering my efforts to help myself get the chemical compound i need to help fight my brain tumour

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I, too, said what you are saying and was shut down. What gives?

But, I'm glad someone has managed to put it on here!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

There's been a pill form of THC around for a long time called Marinol - it's given to cancer patients and such for pain/nausea relief.

Then there's other synthetics out there (aka research chemicals) such as:

CP,55940 -- 2-[(1S,2R,5S)-5-hydroxy-2-(3-hydroxypropyl) cyclohexyl]-5-(2-methyloctan-2-yl)phenol or CP 55,940 for short

You can check that out here.

Basically the stuff has been around a while, a lot longer than publicly known, and the research chemical CP 55,940 has become quite wide spread through out the world for a while.

Because of the availability online (if you're invited into certain 'groups' and such) there is no way the government can control a market for any THC related products simply because China keeps pumping out chemical supplies to whomever pays up... and it's dirt cheap.

Pot should be legal... but that's a debate that will go on and on until it's finally dealt with. Honestly, alcohol kills more people a year than every illegal drug combined and yet it's legal and can be purchased anywhere by anyone over the age of 21 in the United States... go figure.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You hit the nail on the head SPOON.
Your threads are always excellent.
Let me start by saying, "hijacking" the best word.
I think they have been paying the CIA to bust legit medical marijuana distribution centers.
I always find it so funny.
We are sitting here in the land of the free.
Yet half of our jails aren't filled with criminal's.
But drug addicts. We claim we are so free yet we get told exactly and every which way to bend over.
Like everyone said. It's too hard to tax.
1 plant could do someone good for a few months if they are good.
and there would be no need to ever refill a prescription.
As you would just start on your next plant as soon as you finished the first one.
I often think of how surreal it seems. That we can throw are lives away in one night of drinking. Yet I smoke a herb to relax and I get thrown in jail.
Just another reason to overthrow these silly governments of ours.
I mean more people showed up for our Marijuana march than the G20 protest.
Does'nt that say alot?
It's silly.
Does not stop me from SWED

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As many other posters have stated, there are already various pills, synthetic and non-synthetic, that simulate cannabis. I think America/California is taking too much of a large step trying to legalize cannabis. As one poster said, they would prefer if cannabis was decriminalized. That should be the next step after introducing medical cannabis. Decriminalization. Then legalization.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, great read.

I have always thought that medical marijuana is apart of the global elites plan. If you take a look at the logo for Medical Marijuana you can see symbolism of Hermes, the Caduceus, genetic manipulation, the Helix, Ishtar, the Zodiac and so on.

Take a look at the logo that is found on this YouTube video discussing medical marijuana in California. @0.59 you will see the logo up close.

I guess what I am trying to say is, we know that anything can be manipulated. Now all of a sudden (recent years) marijuana has become somewhat legal within the medical world.

What if they are creating weed which has been genetically altered to make us numb and dumb, bad memory (worse than your usual stoner) and completely subservient?

Its very easy to do. The seeds you buy from all over the world could have been altered with out you knowing about it. A cloned female/male marijuana plant could be turned into a hermaphrodite and forced to produce seeds. During any stage of that process, (before usually) you could feed it chemicals for the plant to produce a certain chemical or increase of a chemical that already exists within the plant before sex change.

If you really want clean seeds, dilute the genetic structure by creating females to produce seeds, grow that seedling, and repeat the process. The more times you do that the more times you will cleanse and balance the chemical makeup of that plant and hopefully revert the altered structure of the natural genetic form the plant was meant to be originally.

Lay off unnatural chemicals whilst feeding/growing any plant, any plant at all. Keep natural.

I don't trust legal weed, sorry but I am not that naive or stupid.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Excellent thread and a very intelligent approach to understanding the chess game that Corporations play against the tax payer.

Star and flag

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Big Pharma and their lobbyists have been one of the sole reasons cannabis has been outlawed... That and the fact that it's difficult to tax.

It is a cash crop for any government or state willing to decriminalize it. The positive uses for cannabis and hemp go way beyond medical... it will also clean up a lot of drug and drug related crime.

A the end of the day, the two drugs the government do pedal us, alcohol and tobacco, are far more destructive both medically, socially and economically than cannabis or hemp could ever be. Why is it that our governments have it all backwards?

If I had my way, I would decriminalize cannabis and make alcohol and tobacco illegal! I'm sure all the corrupt cops and alphabet agencies that use it to fund black (off the radar) projects would hate that!

IRM

They have it backwards because they are purposefully trying to kill us...ie, population control.

They are well aware that marijuana is beneficial to the public at large which is the very reason why they ensure its illegality. Marijuana facilitates consciousness, consciousness facilitates freedom, freedom facilitates the lack of control. As long as they want to maintain control, they will always fight against the legalization of marijuana. And if they do make it legal, they will spray it with all sorts of chemicals that will pick up where cigarettes left off, hence making Marijuana more dangerous than cigarettes themselves.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's not only big Pharm. that has lobbied to keep it illegal....Big oil co. and plastic co...such as DuPont as well. The textiles alone from legal hemp would put a huge dent into their profits alone. Plus it is natural as opposed to toxic manufacturing, what do you think most people would gravitate to?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Public Service Announcement

This thread has now been moved to the proper forum, which is for conspiracies involving drugs.

Questions should not be directed to staff within threads. Please use the Alert or U2U functions or the Complaint/Suggestion function available from the member tools dropdown button.

Reminder - personal use stories or advocacy are Terms and Conditions violations.

From the top of every page in this forum-

This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

Please post accordingly.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i'm sick of people trying to legalize weed. for the record i was a smoker for nearly 20 years. the people i see who want it legalized dont really see the big picture, now before you start with i ïm different blah blah blah,im a succesful blah blah blah.yes there are exceptions, but for every 1 exception there are 100 who are not, i live in seattle, seattle is kinda well kniown for marijuana. the majority of your free weed representatives are nasty addicted youths who dont give a rats ass about any "possible"health benfits, they just wanna get high without being hassled. thats pretty much the driving factor here, people want it legalizes so they dont get hassled. if you think about it why wouldnt they legalize it if "pharm"was to make billions off of weed? they could easily do it too. maybe they know that weed is not the most productive substancs to be on. before you say "not me, when i smoke im more blah blah blah",once again ,an exception,agree that not everyone is like you. weed isa detrimental drug to the forward progression of our country.kids start sooner and sooner and burn out faster and earlier. just some other points real quick. do people really know that the selling of weed is a major source of income in the "ghettos"of america. you legalize it and make so people can get it anywhere, expect a sharp rise in crime im guessing. and people need to realize just because they legalize it doesnt mean you can smoke whereever or whenever they wanted to,alcohol is legal but you cant drive or show up to work drunk. major cities known for their hash bars, vancouver and amsterdamn are actually shutting down the number of bars available cuz they realize that its not a safe business. americans are not responsible,önce again ÿes I am blah blah blah"overall we are a land of over indulgengce. and to legally overindulge on yet another substance that will allow no further progress would not be a good thing. why wouldnt TPTB legalize something that makes even more people into sheeple is a question you should be asking. not saying ï wanna get high but its illegal its not fair. those of you who are responsible smokers need to see that there are a lot more irresponsible smokers out there, the world doesnt revolve around you. people are so willing to get high that they are saying to the government "think of all the money you can make off of us smokers"sounds kinda like the whinning of an addicted nation. thanks and sorry for the grammactical errors

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hemp has a tremendous value for it's cellulose as well. Plastic substitutes and oil emulsions from hemp oil are also a product of nature that the robber barons are not prepared to compete with.

Big Pharma is but one tentacle of the same beast that has been exploiting nations since the days of the East India Trading Company.

Off Topic -

To respond to those who believe that some inequity has occurred in allowing this thread to exist unmolested as opposed to others. Mods are driven by the T&C. We will not deviate from that template. Presumably you have discussed your threads closure with the appropriate Mod, but I can venture a guess that any such decisions (to close a thread) have come from people's inclination to speak of personal use, or other topics and behaviors which the T&C addresses directly.

Back on topic:

And by the way, I also believe that the classification of Cannabis as a class III narcotic subjects its users to cruel and unusual punishment and is thus unconstitutional. Further, should the establishment engage in a public debate on the matter, it is unlikely that the will of the corporate citizen would prevail.

To this day they are still campaigning to ensure their profit models are not disrupted by anything that would reduce their revenue flow.... "externalities" they call them.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To all the people that says it opens your mind. Well so does compressed air ,nitrus oxide, coke, heroin, dmt, peyote....

[edit on 7/6/2010 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm so tired of hearing about the poor little plant thats less harmful then cigarettes and alcohol.
Thats just an excuse dope heads make up to justify they're use.

I can't tell you from years of using it IT'S NOT HARMLESS.

When I smoked pot I had to wake up in the middle of the night just to cough all junk in my lungs so I could go back to sleep. I use to watch my friends cough chunks of green stuff up in the morning. We called them clams because thats what it looks like.

I'm not even gonna touch the topic of psychological effects.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by wantsome]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join