It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Then you must not have known very many brilliant people.

Second Line

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People forget NASA's primary mission is not "space exploration."

NASA was conceived of as a cold-war defense-related organization. Its primary mission was, is, and always has been the defense of the of the United States.

People need to remember this every time they read *anything* about NASA. People have this warm, fuzzy, cuddly feeling that its like some kind of Starship Enterprise initiative. It would be nice if huamnity could give birth to an organization designed to altruistically explore space for its own sake, but the ugly truth is that we live on a hardscrabble planet. NASA was forged in the heat and paranoia of the Cold War era, and it is ultimately more political than scientific

So, this makes it a little easier to see the relationship between NASA and the Middle East to begin with. But I think it is bizzare for the President or this government organization to mention Muslims in particular. The government has always been very careful about differentiating strongly in all of its rhetoric between Islam as a religion and the war on terror as a phenomenon. To call something related to feelgood public relations and a religion the "foremost mission" of NASA is a major, major political gaffe.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Are the Yanomamo Indians not worthy of out reach? I am sure the first Yanomamo Indian in space would bring the people great pride and give the young direction and purpose. Oh but wait were not trying to kiss their ass..

There is no problem working with other country's or cultural/ethic groups but it should not be the NUMBER 1 priority of NASA!

There have been 8 Muslims in space already and I do not think it has changed anything or took any IED's off the streets or an AK out of someones hands. They have also been involved in our space program which is great but a statement like this reeks of, "We surrender, look at all we're doing to accommodate you, love us please!"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If a MuzzieNaut goes into space and encounters and alien being, is he obligated to get the alien to convert or DIE?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Are the Yanomamo Indians not worthy of out reach? I am sure the first Yanomamo Indian in space would bring the people great pride and give the young direction and purpose.

The Yanomamo have logged more space-exploration time than just about any other group I can think of....inner space, not outer, but still...there isn't much the developed world has to teach them about exploring space.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Speaking of the Yanowama.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Keep talking America, like that is gonna make us forget you are still bombing innocent Pakistanis, or that you are still holding 1000's of hostages, or that you are still occupying almost all Muslim lands, either through your armies, or through your puppets.

Keep talking, but just remember, what goes around comes around.

Not long ago over a million Iraqi got slaughtered due to your idiotic policies, and due to orchestrated civil war. Not long from now it will come to your houses, your towns, your cities..

Some people forgive but do not forget, but there are others who don't forgive nor forget.

No justice, no Peace!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Nice cross thread reference! I hadn't seen that!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's really sad if you think about this.

It is a shame to make the premier space exploration agency a second rate muslim outreach program.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

Ok. Now I'm a little confused.

Nasa's annual budget for 2010 18 Billion

What we spend on Average each year for Middle east Security... 700 Billion

So imagine spending 3800% more on space initiatives...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I hate to break it to the esteemed NASA administrator, but the Muslim world has contributed Jack and S**t to the sciences of math and engineering. True, the pre-Islam Arab world made tremendous leaps and bounds in both arenas, but ever since Mo-Mo put the desert on full retard, they haven't done a whole heck of a lot.

Your RIGHT and Obama and I'm sure Michelle wants to invite them in to space on our dime I'm sure.
After Michelle's little speech praising the New Black Panthers and Black in General, May be we have sometime like this going on behind closed doors.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23a2c379ab00.jpg[/atsimg]

What Do Ya Think?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

For some reason,
that pic looks fitting.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I heard that the muslims don't want to learn how to take off or land the space shuttle, they only want lessons on how to fly it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by guohua

For some reason,
that pic looks fitting.

YES IT DOES, I THINK!

Their the trash ruining our Country and Dividing our peoples.
They are pardoning to a people that HATE us because of nothing more that a religion and a prophet, from what I understand of their prophet, if he was living today, he'd be prosecuted as a child molester and wife beater and murderer.

But Obama must Love these People, because in his mind, they've never done us wrong.
Obama is the WORST POTUS EVER!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm telling ya, this is a bad bad idea. Look at what they did to the UK; do we want that stuff here?

Next thing you know, they will want the US to adopt Sharia law. They did it in England, they'll do it here.
And Obama is just the fool to allow it.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by mishigas]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join