It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

www.foxnews.com

Published July 05, 2010 | FoxNews.com

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA admini
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ok. Now I'm a little confused. I realize that space exploration has become more or less global, but why is NASA now have it as part of their mission to better relations with Muslims? Unless the Russians have expressed they don't want to go to Mars at this time and they are wanting to get the Saudis enthused about space exploration so they will help fund some of their projects. Any ideas?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What does NASA have to do with Muslims in the first place?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Nothing that I can think of.
But I've been seeing and hearing a lot of things lately that make no sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
People are a lot easier to relate to if they stop blowing you up with body bombs.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview

This part of the article your thread is from, What in the world does NASA have to do with making Muslims feel good?

I mean, Obama, Americans need to feel good, You're so Damn Stupid it makes me sick. All you care about is the Muslims feel good about them selves, What about us getting back in to SPACE
You worried we'll left off for Mars with a our quota of Muslims?

Obama, You're a complete LOSER, 2012 can't get here soon enough

EDITED: I gave you a S & F
This just Pisses Me Off To No End

[edit on 5-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I thought that's what Hillary's job was for, in bending over and kissing the world's back trouser pockets. NASA's job is space exploration, and according to Obama NASA is supposed to be going to Mars, so lets' get the show on the road.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Maybe NASA should focus on outer space like it was created for in the first place.

The US wouldn't need to specifically make better relations with Muslims if they knew anything about exploring inner space and the concept of "purpose" because then Americans would clue in that the world is made up of many different cultures, not one world under one American culture. If inner space was researched instead of condemned then people would realise that there are many paths that will lead to the same goal, and America's christian base is no better or worse than Islam in this regard.

But instead we have clueless people who lead us, maintaining a society of complete denial. And why do they lead? Because the people let them, because they find convenience in their ignorance...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

Nothing that I can think of.
But I've been seeing and hearing a lot of things lately that make no sense.

You too? I was starting to think I was going crazy. I am almost afraid to see what is going to happen next.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

That's it!

You have seen my vision

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Wayne60, My Friend, Your right to ask that question. Where is Hillary?

Could she not get them to feel that tingle running up their legs, is it only that the NASA Administrator Charles Bolden can make them feel good about their selves. Is Hillary so Worthless in the Obama Administration she can't be trusted to make a bunch of Muslims fee good about themselves.
Maybe Obama wanted Hillary to faint each time his name was mentioned and she just couldn't do that. Or was it she was suppose to get that tingle running up her leg too, but they couldn't get her to say it.

I have yet to hear about Obama wanting to make the Amish, Puritans, Catholics, Christan's, Agnostics, Atheists, Wiccas, Buddhist, Hindus and anyone I have forgotten to mention, Please feel free to enlighten us, with tails of Obama making you feel important and wanted and how you got that tingly feeling running up your leg from him.

It's Americans, You idiot, Obama, We are your Bread and Butter, You need to make us feel important, Not a bunch of Muslims, But all of us, here and now, 2012 can not get here soon enough

I can say with pride I didn't vote for this P O S.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would venture a guess that the comment didn't really mean anything, but because he was giving an inteview to Al Jazeera he did the PC thing and pandered to their audience.

Hey Muslims, we love you. Is the feeling mutual yet?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with the first two, the last one seems rather unneeded, as muslims should already know their heritage.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I can honestly say that I did not vote for him either, and I can man-up and admit that I voted for McCain. And no, I just do not get that warm and fuzzy feeling from NASA's new mission. Then I'm not Muslim either, nor do I have anything against Muslims. The ones that I know are fine people. I just do not see the need for a change in mission statement for NASA on this, especially since I thought NASA's original mission was predominantly science and not politics.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Wayne60, My friend, do you think Obama and NASA Administrator Charles Bolden were doing a job posting on Al Jazeera t.v. to get more Muslims envolved with NASA, I mean, WHY?

What was the real purpose? Hey My Muslim Brother, don't worry, when we go to Mars, We're taking you with us. Send your resumes to: NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, because Obama cares for you more than he cares for his own peoples here in America, That's the way I see it.
I know we have our own very intelligent Muslim scientist right here in America and more than likely working for NASA.
What, our nasa Muslim scientist not good enough for you, Obama?

I guess not

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Wayne60

Wayne60, My friend, do you think Obama and NASA Administrator Charles Bolden were doing a job posting on Al Jazeera t.v. to get more Muslims envolved with NASA, I mean, WHY?

What was the real purpose? Hey My Muslim Brother, don't worry, when we go to Mars, We're taking you with us. Send your resumes to: NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, because Obama cares for you more than he cares for his own peoples here in America, That's the way I see it.
I know we have our own very intelligent Muslim scientist right here in America and more than likely working for NASA.

I guess not

Did you read the article?
Another one of his ideas is to get AMERICAN children more involved in science and math professions.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by Wayne60

I guess not

Another one of his ideas is to get AMERICAN children more involved in science and math professions.

And your Dear Leader Obama has done that by sending the head of NASA to be interviewed on Al Jazeera t.v. and here from the article ["It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," ] Yup, That really sounds like he's interested in little Joey and Sally or who ever here in America.

So, exactly what educational institution as Mr.Charles Bolden been to in America, to get the interest of the young minds of American students?
He's first and formost important stop had to be Al Jazeera t.v.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by Wayne60

I guess not

And your Dear Leader Obama has done that by sending the head of NASA to be interviewed on Al Jazeera t.v. and here from the article ["It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," ] Yup, That really sounds like he's interested in little Joey and Sally or who ever here in America.

So, exactly what educational institution as Mr.Charles Bolden been to in America, to get the interest of the young minds of American students?
He's first and formost important stop had to be Al Jazeera t.v.

FYI: I don't like Obama, and I'm not american.
I don't know why you don't like NASA trying to improve international relations.
You do know Al jazeera is a international news channel right?
Oh, and here's a link to him visiting an american school in april.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I really can't understand why the first page of this thread is full of whiners.

NASA's chief wants the people of our planet (including Americans) to love science, maths and engineering, and so progress the future of our species with their enthusiasm for space exploration. And YES muslim's cannot be left out of that since there's over a billion of them.

If we all work together, then we can build settlements on Mars, rather than fighting stupid wars.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by john124]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I do know very well that Al jazeera is a international news channel. I have watched this so called news channel in the past. But after the out right lies I witness being told as facts on this station, and I having personnel knowledge otherwise, I don't listen to that station any more, and this had happened more than once or twice.

Don't get me started about our own MSM. Don't watch.

It's not NASA's job to improve international relations, That is Hillary's job.
NASA is in the business of space, travel, exploration and all the little goodies that come with that. Keep the peoples in space safe and keep going further and further out to explore, not this stagnate low orbit crap.

You want to get other countries involved with space exploration? Get the monies from them first and a firm commitment.

hippomchippo, I don't care what country you are from, but when your statement to me, when read sounds like Obama is doing his best and i didn't get it.
I'll conceder you an Obamanite, so if I'm wrong on that account, I apologize.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join