It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Bizarre headline. This sounds to me as if it's this man's mission, not policy? People are so funny.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I just posted the former NASA administrators comments in another thread. He is saying reaching out to Muslims is flawed. That thread is here

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So could this be another case like Bill Clinton giving nuclear texhnology to China through the space agency.

Clinton Gave China Chips for Nuclear War
Charles R. Smith
Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2003
Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat.
The documents show that in 1996 Clinton approved the export of radiation hardened chip sets to China. The specialized chips are necessary for fighting a nuclear war.

"Waivers may be granted upon a national interest determination," states a Commerce Department document titled "U.S. Sanctions on China."

"The President has approved a series of satellite related waivers in recent months, most recently in November, 1996 for export of radiation hardened chip sets for a Chinese meteorological satellite," noted the Commerce Department documents.

These special computer chips are designed to function while being bombarded by intense radiation. Radiation hardened chips are considered critical for atomic warfare and are required by advanced nuclear tipped missiles.

Judicial Watch obtained the documents through the Freedom of Information Act, a Washington-based political watchdog group.

Several documents were withheld from release by the U.S. Commerce Department for commercial and personal privacy exemptions, but none of the documents were withheld for national security reasons. Judicial Watch is expected to appeal the withholdings.

archive.newsmax.com...

If Hillary is any where connected to the NASA wants to be friends with muslims I would say they want to arm the muslim world with nukes. Her and her husband Bill did it with China already so you can't say its just paranoia.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Hmm
It does make you wonder

Edit spelling

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Ha! I know how you feel!!! Last night I was recapping the news for the day in my head and it went a little something like this.... The federal government is suing a state for enforcing a FEDERAL law, the head of our space agency is now tasked with improving MUSLIM relations, and Homeland Security is taking over the Gulf Oil ENVIRONMENTAL disaster website.

My head is still spinning! Who's on first and why do I keep hearing the song Entry of the Gladiators in my head??

As far as NASA/Muslim relations go, I told my husband the only way this makes sense is if we are moving toward some sort of extraterritorial disclosure (which I highly doubt!) and this is just a cover story for the head of NASA to bring the Muslim countries up-to-speed. ((ONCE AGAIN, I doubt this is the case, but this news is just too weird!))

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
why is NASA now have it as part of their mission to better relations with Muslims?

Perhaps they plan on harvesting the power of explosions to power the mission to Mars. Radical Muslims give you the best boom for your buck.

Originally posted by OneisOne
we are moving toward some sort of extraterritorial disclosure... this is just a cover story for the head of NASA to bring the Muslim countries up-to-speed.

An interesting thought but why couldn't they just disclose everything and bring us all up to speed at once?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

Your quote of my reply made me smile! I honestly do not believe we are headed toward a disclosure event. I was just making a little trip into the land of conspiracies....

But lets look at this from the conspiracy stand point.

IF we are moving toward a disclosure event, it would make sense to inform Muslim countries so they are not taken by surprise and feel like "the super powers" of the world kept them in the dark. That would cause fear/distrust and fear/distrust makes people do crazy things. And when I state 'inform Muslim countries', I mean the heads of state and/or the lead scientist in those countries.

Once again I do not believe this is the case, I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is happening to our space agency.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
Perhaps they plan on harvesting the power of explosions to power the mission to Mars. Radical Muslims give you the best boom for your buck.

I wasn't going to log on here today, but I'm glad I did just to read your comment.
Thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Obama is an idiot

and he is retarded.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

I'm certain that our space program can get significant benefits out of cooperating with the Muslims. The Iranians just put up their own half-baked rocket into space loaded up with a turtle, frog and rat. Top notch science.

Perhaps it is in fact a brilliant plan to simply launch several millions of them into space

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I hate to break it to the esteemed NASA administrator, but the Muslim world has contributed Jack and S**t to the sciences of math and engineering. True, the pre-Islam Arab world made tremendous leaps and bounds in both arenas, but ever since Mo-Mo put the desert on full retard, they haven't done a whole heck of a lot.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Post-crusade, Pre-modern architecture is the result of what the Muslim world did with Roman Architecture.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious

Originally posted by Wayne60
why is NASA now have it as part of their mission to better relations with Muslims?

Originally posted by OneisOne
we are moving toward some sort of extraterritorial disclosure... this is just a cover story for the head of NASA to bring the Muslim countries up-to-speed.

An interesting thought but why couldn't they just disclose everything and bring us all up to speed at once?

Ahahahaha!

# that was funny....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
NASA is responsible for a lot of technology that is employed within the military sector .

Read between the lines .

Radical Muslims with access to some of that technology , will assure indefinite funding for the 'war on terror' .

Besides , just think of the false flags that could be pulled off with a move like this .

" Muslim Astronauts Hijack Space Shuttle and Crash It Into The Vatican at 10,000 mph "

What a hell of a war they could wage once the Catholic Church gets involved .

Think about it .

[edit on 7-7-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Some of the most brilliant engineers and mathematicians that I have known in my life have hailed from the middle east .

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Some of the most brilliant engineers and mathematicians that I have known in my life have hailed from the middle east .

What does that have to do with the price of gravy?

Who cares?

NASA's main mission should not be to pat muslims on the back for advancments made in a time before there even were muslims.

NASA's mission shouldn't be about this uber left, kiss the terrorists ass PR crap period.

Sputnik wasn't important because it proved man could reach the heavens. NO. It was a big deal because everyone knew that the same technology could be used to place a bomb anywhere in the world. And now Obama wants to bring the very same countries that want to kill us on board with our space program?

I've seriously given up on space realted stuff for as long as Obama is in charge. The guy is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

" Who cares? "

Your Bruce Willis attitude doesn't negate the fact that some of the sharpest minds in the world hail from the middle east .

" NASA's main mission should not be to pat muslims on the back for advancments made in a time before there even were muslims. "

This statement from you makes no sense to me . What advancements are you referring to that were made in a time before there were Muslims ?

How long do you think Muslims have been around ?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Your Bruce Willis attitude doesn't negate the fact that some of the sharpest minds in the world hail from the middle east .

Again. So what? Good for them. Good for you. Good for everybody. AND? Do your best to stay on topic. please try and pay attention. This isn't about racism. It's about how turning NASA into a civil rights institute is moronic. It's about taking technology that is normally kept hidden, and sharing it with countries that want us destoyed. Ask yourself why we don't let the Chinese on ISS. It's because we don't want them knowing anymore than they have to. But yet Obama wants us to partner up with "Muslim Countries". Which ones? You mean like Iran? Yeah Obama why not just help the Iranians along with their rocket program. That will surley turn out well for the history books.

" NASA's main mission should not be to pat muslims on the back for advancments made in a time before there even were muslims. "

This statement from you makes no sense to me . What advancements are you referring to that were made in a time before there were Muslims ?

How long do you think Muslims have been around ?

I belive the comments made were in refference to the contributions made in mathmatics by the Arabs before the Muslims.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Maybe the plan is to sell habitation of mars to the muslims and just send all them ragheads to the biggest dessert in the universe, and bingo instant peace for the jews atleast.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No NASA, no NASA.
Don't reach out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join