It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
on teh night of july 4th everyonein my neighbor hood had an experience i live in west Salem,Oregon it was about6-7 pm and we have been having very un usual cloud cover some in which i actually have pics of from july 3rd 2010, just dont know how to post them here, but on the 4th, i was sitting on my cpu on ats when i started to hear a very very loud noise i thought a commercial jet was about to land in my backyard, the sound of this thing was tremendous, and moving faster than a fighter jet of course thats just going by the sound i ran out front to look up much to my dissmay too many clouds. but i noticed everyone who was home on my street was out side looking up i stood out theree for a good 8- 10 minutes and could still here this thing far far off in the distance, we have a small airport here from which i can see plabnes land and take off, but nothing ever broke the clouds it flew in the same direction towards the mountains, north north east from my location towards military bases, it was very unsettling, also last month goin in the same direction something i havent seen in my 12 years of living here 8- 10 chinook military helicopters flying in the same direction i heard this thing going towards, if anyone one here in my area heard or even better seen this thing i would love to know more, or even better yet if anyone got as picture

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ok guys, I have to admit when I first read the title of this post, I told myself..well it is another nutty thread about aliens that won't get far (in terms of proof). The OP did not phase me but as I read on about orange and amber glows, that reminded me of July 4th when I went outside to see if I can see any good fireworks (around maybe 9-9:30pm? )

I didn't see any fireworks but I DID see a VERY VERY bright yellow-orange light (think streetlight).

I thought it was an airplane but it was too bright to be an airplane.
I thought it was fireworks but no, it didn't move at all.
I thought it was a star but it was way too bright to be a star
It didn't move the entire time I was staring at it (mind you, I only stared at it for maybe 10 seconds). and I made sure if it was moving or not, it didn't move so I didn't think much of it.

I thought nothing of it but now after I read this thread, there is a possibility that it was a UFO and that would be (to my knowledge) the first UFO sighting I've ever had.

I wish that I suspected it to be a UFO, then I would've grabbed my camera and start recording. I actually suspected it was some weird spectacle that the government or some company lit up in the sky to amuse Americans.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by eLPresidente]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If your told to go look for UFOs on a certain night then whatever you see E.g. a firework, a plane or a sky lantern then you will straight away assume its a UFO just because you were told to look on that night.
If UFOs wanted to be seen, they would be out every single night and make its clear to what they are so they wouldn't have to be unidentified.
I am not a UFO believer.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
With cell phones so popular or Black Berry's... you get the gist.. and ALL those sightings. not one photo? Not even a blurry one?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
With cell phones so popular or Black Berry's... you get the gist.. and ALL those sightings. not one photo? Not even a blurry one?

You mean like this one posted on the site

www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some of the descriptions people are providing sound like lanterns, but what I saw went from southern horizon to northern horizon in about 30 seconds at a constant speed. It followed the same path going at the same speed about 10 minutes later. Doesn't seem like that would be possible with a lantern or balloon.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And just because its a UFO doesnt mean its aliens. UFO stands for unidentified flying object. What everyone saw is an object that was flying and is unidentified aka UFO. Not necessarily an alien spacecraft.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share this strange "something" that has happened to me today (of course related to 4th July UFO).

NOTE: I live in Europe (not in UK though).

Ok, so today I went to another city to buy some stuff. After my shopping spree, I headed to the train station. When I arrived there, I noticed there were 50 to 100 (or maybe more?) teens together, divided in small groups.

I thought they were tourists or something like that, then I realized they were organizing a Flash Mob. I was so excited because I had never seen one in my whole life. I took my phone out and started filming the whole thing before it actually started.

I turned around and saw a man in the corner. He had this strange skeptical look and when he noticed me, he asked me what was happening. I told him that a flash mob was about to take place.

I started filming again, then he asked me about my phone's pixels. I wasn't really paying attention to him because I couldn't wait to see the flash mob.

He continued talking about phones then I suddenly heard the word "encounter". That made me turn around again and stare at him. I couldn't understand what he meant by that so I told him that I wish I had a real videocam with me.

Then, he (suddenly) told me that the other night (4th July) when he was gazing at the stars, he saw two UFOs. I was startled. That argument came out of nowhere! I mean, why would a complete stranger talk to you and especially about UFOs?

I was intrigued and surprised. That was also the first time that I have "talked" to a (supposedly) UFO witness.

He started telling me about the UFOs, unfortunately I can't remember all the details due to my mental confusion. There were lots of people around us and the shopping bags were hurting my arms (not to mention the wait for the flash mob). I really felt awkward (but comfortable at the same time).

The man was (probably 20 years) older than me. I told him that the UFOs could have been chinese lanterns and he was like: "(clueless face) what are chinese lanterns???".

I gave him a brief definition/explanation. He said that the UFOs he saw were not like chinese lanterns. I didn't insist and asked him instead if he believed in UFOs. He said: "Now that I saw them with my own eyes, yes!"

I really feel sorry for him because he probably thought that I thought of him as a nut-case and by staring at him I felt like he was telling himself: "I know what I saw! Well, I don't know what they are. But I really saw them!"

Anyways, the last thing he told me (just a second before the Flash Mob started) was that maybe THEY will show themselves to us...soon.

I apologize for this long post. I just felt someone wanted to read something like this (or maybe not? thumbs down for me?).

Oh, and the point of my post is to "confirm" (indirectly) the title of this thread.

Thank you for taking time to read me.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by juinette]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by juinette

Hey, no worries, I read your entire post, and I found it intriguing.

I really think there is something to this whole thread, and I know what I saw was not a chinese latern.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Hey, no worries, I read your entire post, and I found it intriguing.

I really think there is something to this whole thread, and I know what I saw was not a chinese latern.

-Sol

Ditto that. I don't doubt that some were, but others were something else. unknown.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Welcome on board Juinette. You should read John keel's Operation Trojan Horse and some of R A Wilson's works like Coindidance . It might help you make some sense of what has just happened to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Get 2 flash lights and start shinning them towards the sky!

Start screaming at the top of your lungs!

You'll never get that type of attention again.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
These appear to be floating lanterns, nothing more.. I'm a huge UFO believer, but this is the kind of stuff that makes the good footage seem bad. I would suspect a national floating lantern conspiracy that goes to the highest levels of someone's private forum.

Move along.. move along.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
HOLY COW!

Imagine my shock when I got on here tonight to post a link to a video I recorded tonight (the first "UFO" I have ever seen), and discovered others have been seeing the same thing.

Gives you a truly creepy feeling.

Anyways, this vid was taken tonight (07/07) around 9pm central. Saw it in the eastern sky... very very bright and moving quickly. Was below or very near the clouds as far as I could tell. Within two minutes it had travelled from one horizon to the other. Made no noise. Its pretty easy to see that this is not hoax or anything tampered with. I just have no idea what it is.

Thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by docpoco]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Just watched your video and guess what YOU confirmed that people exaggerate their stories you said it went from horizon to horizon your video is more than 2 mins and it DIDN'T travel like you said.

Also can people learn to use video cameras they zoom in and out it all goes out of focus that video would have been a 100x better if you didn't zoom kept the object in focus and the objects in the foreground in view.

Although like I said it did show how people make stories sound better I am not saying you did it to decieve but some will do to reinforce there belief in UFO's.

Compare that to ANY lantern video on youtube.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Very easy answer.
www.overflite.com...

I personally saw a lot of these during the weekend of the 4th.

What are they?
Hot Air Balloons. They create an orange type sphere in the sky (The Fire). Once the fire dies back out it falls back down.

Had a few in my yard on Saturday.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

How did it not travel like I said?

I'm not trying to exaggerate anything. I think a chinese lantern thing is a fine explanation. I've just never seen one in Tennessee before.

I didn't make any wild claims.

You're kind of a jerk actually. I use a video camera just fine. I have just never tried to aim at lights moving through the night sky before.

Didn't know it would have so much trouble focusing.

Thanks for confirming for me why I have been on here so much but contribute so little.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Why don't you learn to use punctuation if you are going to be so critical of others.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here we go... this is what I and many others have encountered close up:

This photo comes from Carlos Diaz.. There is a film about him available online.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but these sighting are either similar or identical to the ones spotted 3 or 4 times in my hometown Tinley Park, Illinois. This video which was posted on the first page of the thread definately brings back memories:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join