It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'll be damned, I saw something similar last nite. I was in Lake Geneva, after our annual 4th of July picnic with my family, two of my friends and I stayed behind to watch the fireworks, sitting on the side of the road I got out to go use the restroom, walking back I saw a light in the sky above the lake, I couldnt tell if it was a helicopter, it wasnt an airplane it was moving too slow and flying too low. I figured it was a helicopter, I got back in the car and told my friends to check out the light and it was gone. Chinese lantern? I really don't believe it was a chinese lantern, a helicopter? perhaps but there was no sound of a chopper. UFO well yes, as many people know just because it is a UFO does not mean it is definitely an alien space craft, or anything else, it just means what UFO stands for, an unidentified flying object. I wish I would have taken my video camera to the restroom so I could have turned it on walking back to capture the light on camera, but that would have been really weird even if somehow I knew something strange was gonna be in the sky hah!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
All Chinese Lanterns aside, UFO phenomena are real, even if we're not sure what they are.

Yes, Roswell took place on (American) Independence Day. In fact, some have ascribed occult significance to the date in general, but specifically, 7/4/47 does look interesting numerologically.

If you lean towards the idea that "aliens" and UFO's are part of a plan by TPTB, then it might make sense to see increased activity on a day that is, has been, a part of the overall plan.

On other threads, the topic of "disclosure" is pretty hot. People usually split on who the "aliens" really are, but following a conspiratorial view, that TPTB have a plan to essentially deceive us, then maybe we have to look at these dates yet again.

And then there's the Will Smith movie, "Independence Day". Coincidence? Well, a well-known PTB MO is to "telegraph" their intentions in various ways, and since they control the media, the theory goes, we could see a movie that is actually part of what "they" want us to see.

Stanley Kubrick is a great example of a guy who made movies (some say even the Moon Hoax movies!), that may tie into the NWO agenda. Maybe some will get excited when they remember that 2010 was the year of Disclosure from the Arthur C. Clark stories.

And then, to get really crazy, you can get into the whole 7_4 thing, Brad Watson's controversial idea presented to NASA last year that even predicts the habitable alien planet (named "Nestor") with his Plan-it theory. The alien planet will however be 6_4. But, our planet is 7_4, which is why I'm throwing it into this post. Better Google it, it will be considered pretty bizarre by the average person, but don't laugh too much, NASA thought it was worth considering. That number "74" (and it's numerological brother, "11"), these are very significant.

Good thread. Maybe too many lanterns, but that's not all that's going on out there, and the date again, very significant for various reasons.

JR

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hey guys.

I think what might be happening here is a case of the SKY LANTERNS. Always popular in the east, they've recently become more popular here in the west. I saw one last night as it burned out, then fall into a lake. Depending on the heat supply (often a simple candle) and wind, these little suckers will travel for miles at high altitudes, then flicker out of sight. Orange, yellow, red- whatever the shell color- they glow with the wind.

Here's an example-

www.youtube.com...

The sighting descriptions are pretty consistent with what happens almost every time a sky lantern is lit.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A few tips.take note of the time,check sky tracker on NASA
website for crossing satellites,if you are seeing objects that are not supposed to be there at that time,you are probably looking at some kind of air craft. For conformation of alien contact,use of a flash light for signaling the craft will do. Look for the craft to signal back at you with extremely bright light,and a kind of feeling that they are trying to communicate with you. They appear mostly as orbs,fast or slow moving,and they are mostly bright orange or white. I see them here all the time,they just won't land. They will also make military aircraft b line in another direction sometimes. I was going to start a forum about this,but this might be enough to get the wheels turning. Make sure you are in a place where there is a clear sky and not many lights to disrupt your view. Good Watching!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I actually this last night. It was a glowing ball of light that moved steadly for about 15 seconds, then seemed to get dimmer and dissapear.

I googled what I saw and it looked like an Iridium Flare. can anyone confirm if there was an iridium flare last night?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tenpensdown

I'm in NC also, and witnessed my first and second ufo. Pretty crazy considering I have never really believed in them. Well as far as spacemen go. We saw plenty of planes and fireworks last night, but this was something else. My Mom and dad who were also at the cookout saw them both. My wife caught one briefly but lost it in the stars. Pretty fantasic night to say the least.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Lanterns are just as subject to winds as a Tesco bag, that means acceleration, decceleration, change of altitude, direction you name it. Maybe those that had a real-time visual should add a ground meteorological report of conditions at the time, (as a pointer only).

I'm just as open to aerial phenomena as all but the most closed minds are, (OP take note) but you have to temper this with some sensibility, and especially if you see them often, (edit to add), "Chinese Lanterns" and not only 4/7, 12/7, 15/8 or 4711...oops sorry, last one is an extinct deodourant.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Alien craft don't usually flicker. If lit up - they usually look like stars, tungsten or strip lights in the sky. Constant brightness, perhaps dimming and dissapearing - but no flicker.

If these things flickered, they were chinese lanterns, without a doubt.

IMO.

The altitude and the manner in which it moved, and the color was soo vibrant and did not glimmer AT ALL.

Ahh, it appears not all did. Well what I'd be interested to know if any of these objects moved along any known flight paths.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by markymint]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

man, even if this isn't correct, i'm jealous of all these people witnessing UFOs. out of all the people who catch even a quick glimpse of one, i have yet to. i'll have to keep more of an eye on the sky.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I saw something similar to this last night as well. It was orange, moving a little slower than a plane and it seemed to be traveling in a straight (N/NE) direction. Not exactly sure how high it was, but after I noticed it, I watched it for about 20 seconds and then it just vanished.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So here is the message of ETs about fireworks...

Fireworks Can Be Toxic to Humans
Depending on the effect sought, fireworks produce smoke and dust that contain various heavy metals, sulfur-coal compounds and other noxious chemicals. Barium, for instance, is used to produce brilliant green colors in fireworks displays, despite being poisonous and radioactive. Copper compounds are used to produce blue colors, even though they contain dioxin, which has been linked to cancer. Cadmium, lithium, antimony, rubidium, strontium, lead and potassium nitrate are also commonly used to produce different effects, even though they can cause a host of respiratory and other health problems.

Fireworks Contribute to Environmental Pollution
The chemicals and heavy metals used in fireworks also take their toll on the environment, sometimes contributing to water supply contamination and even acid rain. Their use also deposits physical litter on the ground and into water bodies for miles around. As such, some U.S. states and local governments restrict the use of fireworks in accordance with guidelines set by the Clean Air Act. The American Pyrotechnics Association provides a free online directory of state laws across the U.S. regulating the use of fireworks.

Fireworks Add to Worldwide Pollution
Of course, fireworks displays are not limited to U.S. Independence Day celebrations. Fireworks use is increasing in popularity around the world, including in countries without strict air pollution standards. According to The Ecologist, millennium celebrations in 2000 caused environmental pollution worldwide, filling skies over populated areas with “carcinogenic sulphur compounds and airborne arsenic.”

Also, if you think of the billions spent (wasted), its no wonder ETs' are saying WTF??

See how fireworks effect animals..
www.all-creatures.org...

Do we really want to keep living without consiousness on this planet?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Alien craft don't usually flicker. If lit up - they usually look like stars, tungsten or strip lights in the sky. Constant brightness, perhaps dimming and dissapearing - but no flicker.

If these things flickered, they were chinese lanterns, without a doubt.

IMO.

The altitude and the manner in which it moved, and the color was soo vibrant and did not glimmer AT ALL.

Ahh, it appears not all did. Well what I'd be interested to know if any of these objects moved along any known flight paths.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by markymint]

Yes the three i see previous to the bright orange orb/ball, was disk like orange in color and in V formation, sitting directly in the pathway of a busy international air port for apox 10mins

there was aabsolutely no air traffic for 40mins after

[edit on 5-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Come on. Are you guys serious?

So you're telling me that, FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON, all the sudden people are seeing tons of UFOS on the fourth of july (and only in America, might I add), which all "glow red, orange" and "green".

And everyone's response is "Aliens. Obviously."

If I put a sheet on my head, could I convince you I was a ghost, too?

Pertaining to the videos on the first page of this thread, the last video (where the guy begins by saying "oh mah gawd" like he's Rosie Perez or something) is clearly a bunch of buildings with lights on. If you look closely, you can even make out their shape silhoutted against the slightly lighter color of the night sky.

And in the rest of the videos, all of these mysterious sightings take place while the sounds of fireworks explode in the background/offscreen.

I don't want to sound rude, but there's wanting-to-believe, and then there's grasping-at-straws. And this is the latter.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
since i got home form work there were 40 more reports of this orange ball or balls

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is crazy, pretty amazing tbh. To many debunkers though. Most of the users on the site are debunkers although some stuff is genuine, such as The Disclosure Project where they do not believe a master sergeant who has a cosmic clearance.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I saw something similar last night and will check my video to see if I caught it. I thought it was a plane because ti seemed to head towards the biggest displays. (I can see for about 30 miles from my front porch).

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I looked toward the Crab Nebula and saw glowing lights that flickered at me as though they were trying to tell me something!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have a feeling that many people are seeing the same thing for a reason that is something other than paranormal and/or UFO related. And sometimes people see something out of the ordinary and immediately think it's a UFO too. Apart from my own personal experiences, consider these facts..

1 - UFO sightings tend to occur in waves.

2 - UFO's are commonly referred to as glowing orange fireballs..

3 - There is no more proof that these are chinese lanterns as there are that they are legitimate UFO's.

4 - There is quite a bit of shocking UFO footage of orb-shaped objects flying around and doing things that defy rational explanation.

5 - The sightings provided by the OP appear to show a somewhat consistent flightpath.

It is obviously more likely that they were chinese lanterns as that is simply the more likely scenario given the 4th of July festivities going on across the country but that does not imply the UFO sightings were all chinese lanterns.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
My family and myself witnessed the same type of object on the 3rd, while waiting for our local fireworks to start. Whatever it was, was flying from south to north up the along the Wisconsin coast of lake Michigan. It wasn't completely dark yet, so I can tell you that it wasn't just a paper lantern. The light was at the rear of a an object, back lit by the dying light enough to know there was something there, just not tell exactly what it was. I was a bit annoyed that it was flying at helicopter altitudes, without any of the required navigation lights or strobes.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
New Albany, IN, here.

A group of friends and I were outside setting off fireworks. During a pause we were looking up at the sky since others around us were setting them off as well.

We all saw this exact same thing that has been described here. It definitely caught all of us off guard.

So, perhaps it was one of these chinese lantern things. Perhaps not. There was no flickering while we watched it though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join