It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sightings of the same UFO type spread out over various locations TONIGHT!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok new user and first time poster... I too saw the same thing in Cocoa beach Fl, We had just finished with fireworks and were sitting on the back porch enjoying a beer (was not drunk) My brother says look at that odd red plane.. I was like whatever didnt pay attention.. I finally did look up and noticed it did in fact look odd.. I work on helicopters and am in the Navy so I know how aircraft should look. It had no port or starboard running lights. Just an odd shape with a weird amber glow. Was traveling at about 80-100 knotts if I had to guess.Was traveling right above the cloud line so 5000ft??
So it faded away into the clouds after about 2mins... So I was like hmmm. that was odd. So about 20 mins later it happened again in the same pattern verbatim. I am not ruling out lanterns, but it just did not look anything like one. The altitude and the manner in which it moved, and the color was soo vibrant and did not glimmer AT ALL.
I was super shocked and relieved when I read this post..So now I know me and my fam are not crazzies.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Guys - C'mon

Dozens of these were released by my neighbors last night, and I recall one of the guys launching these things saying, "I wonder if anyone's gonna think they're UFOs!"

I'll admit - from a distance they look like the mysterious ORANGE ORB, but really, you guys aren't seeing UFOs.

Sorry...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why would an ET race have interest in American history enough to send out 100s of crafts? I believe ufos, but im calling these lanterns this time.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Disillusioned_Youth

We don't have any Chinese in Northwest Montana and I don't think those things go that high or move in different directions but I suppose it's a reasonable explanation but I don't think that's what I watched.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To all above arguing and calling each other "idiots", just cut it out. No need to play the insult game. Everyone has a valid OPINION on the topic, as well as their own BELIEF system. Spare all of the name-calling and bashing just because someone doesn't see the same picture as you.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

You can buy lanterns for $2 online.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, the UFOnauts are interested in the fireworks all over the United States.

That's why they are more visible. Try to think from their perspective than our own.

The Roswell UFO incident happened in the 4th of July. I think the fireworks all over the continent scared the hell out of them. Making them think that it was a massive attack against them by the earthlings, not knowing what the hell is going on on the ground.

Interesting thought, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Lol yeah I guess but I live in a pretty small mountain town so I'm sure I would have seen it going up and I'm not saying this is some alien since I really don't believe in that whole thing but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Chinese balloon lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps this is because most UFO phenomena have a rational explanation?

WHAT A THOUGHT!! (and the reason you haven't is because that conflicts with your belief system, see below)

Wanting to believe something doesn't make it true. I wish more people understood this. It's kind of sad, really.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

Most UFO phenomena have a rational explanation? yes MOST were interested in the other side here on ATS the Unexplainable sightings not the explained ones. and guess wot theres a rational explanation for tho's to but its far to much for your tiny child like mind to get its noging around, see big maths are not for dumb people, unfortunately theres noway we can ban dumb wonderers of the internet such as yourself we simple say DENY IGNORANCE, its probably best the government keep it from us as you show some people minds simply wont cope with such a bombshell...

most idiots believe we our the only form of life in this stupidly HUGE & colossus universe, we are not, theres microbial life on at least one other planets in our solar system and at least 1 moon, ALL LIFE NEEDS IS WATER! thats probably 3 planets in our solar system, now go and grab the other billions and billions of stars with an average of 6 planets orbiting its star, with the average of 1 planet harbouring intelligent life and work out just how teaming of life the place is, not forgetting we have been hear wot a hundred thousand years ourself is a blink of an eye in time past, we will surely travel the stars one day why can't another civilization??? only an ignorant or dumb moron such as yourself could total the tally up to just one

And I'm the child-like one here?

At the very least, would you mind reposting that in English please?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Disillusioned_Youth

I don't know about others, but the thing I saw went in a different direction from the very light wind at the time. There is no way is was lanterns.... or balloons. It also was traveling much too fast. It seems crazy so many people saw the same thing in so many different geographical areas. I'm not saying it was aliens... just that it was not a plane or helicopter. Look at the MUFON map.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You people need to use some logic here they are orange glowing objects moving slow then changing direction then they disappear. allmost every discription is the exact same. The lanterns were the most popular firework sold this year we sold out in days u don't have to be Chinese to buy them lol I'm not and I bought one. They do everything most of the post are saying here, fly around 1500-2000 feet in the air way higher than any normal gun powered propelled firework they glow orange or reddish orange the move away slowly then hit upper level wind currents then chance direction some times more than once depending on the upper level winds then the flame goes out and you cant see them anymore look at the mufon map there all sited in states that sell fireworks or right on the boarder of a state that sells them. BTW they do pick up speed and change direction when hitting the upper wind currents that are different and more powerful the the ones on the ground most times

[edit on 5-7-2010 by pez1975]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is crazy!!!

I went to www.ufostalker.com... and saw there's a cluster of about 16 sightings reporting the same thing!

Also did a search and in Pittsburgh in 2009 they apparently saw about 30 orange lights in the constellation of Pegasus last 4th!

www.whalesinspace.com...

www.whalesinspace.com...

Some of yesterdays sightings do say that they saw it accel in speed which would totally cancel out the lantern explanation.

Also the fact that so many people saw them, from states near and far away from each other, suggests that A. They were REALLY high up and B. They were a big light source.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by porschedrifter]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I think either way it's pretty rediculous to say this is a UFO or this is a Chinese balloon because in the end we really don't know and don't have proof to prove it either way. Now as for me it really didn't look like a balloon, it's possible it was but really didn't have the characteristics of one.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
July 4th 2010 UFO, Orbs, Fireworks Artesia NM

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Mark_7_4]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Mark_7_4]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
going through the list i cam across fairfeild connecticut and was like, damn! especially after reading the description.

i was in stratford visiting my wifes family, we planned to stay the day there. anyway, i was in the front yard and just happened to look up and noticed a weird shape is the sky flying. it didnt seem all that unusual other then it was pure white and was very high up in the sky. i pointed it out to my wife and she said its just a plane, i was like planes dont fly that high but she didnt care and i just ignored it cause like i said the only thing unusual was the bullet shape and how high it was.

no crazy change in course or halo it just flew in a straight line at a speed that seemed normal. it was about 4pm too, didnt see it at night.

funny part was not long after i pointed it out to my wife, a plane flew by and i told her you see that huge height difference between the plane and that other thing? she just said yes and walked away. lol

edit

i also remember it being very loud you could clearly hear it but was so high it sounded like it was coming from behind us while looking straight at it flying away from us. now that i think of it, it could of been a rocket! wouldnt a rocket produce smoke though? cause i dont remember seeing any smoke coming out of either end..

[edit on 5-7-2010 by air101]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

The thing is as the flame goes out on the candle in the lantern it gives the impression that it has accelerated away

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was moving way too fast and steadily fast to be a lantern or balloon. Also, I saw it 4 times and it followed the EXACT same path every time. Southwest to Northeast 2 times 10 minutes apart. And then an hour later West to East 2 times 10 minutes apart. It went the same path and was the same speed. Too fast and consistent to be a balloon or lantern.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I also saw orange/reddish glowing orbs of light in the sky last night. I know of people releasing chinese lanterns. This is what I believe is the culprit in all of these sightings. Check it out for yourself.

www.flyingchineselanterns.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I'm far from grumpy the weather is great i have a nice cold beer in my hand life's good right now my friend!

I just don't like Ignorant people who think they are cleverer than everybody who see something they cannot explain but think they can without reading any of the thread in detail in seconds, people who have never seen a Lantern fly yet label all orbs they have not seen fly either Lanterns thats whats really dumb, it grinds my gears, your not looking for the truth and you do not care, your looking to self enhance your online ego and overall smugness. its obvious these things LOOK like Lanterns but they also look like light bulbs but since they do not fly you wouldn't label it a light bulb, so heres a new one study the maneuverability of one of these things & the BRIGHTNESS and your soon going to realize there not Lanterns either. do your homework, stop being smug, and log of this topic is not for you.

If you want to get involved, heres a tip... Some are Lanterns, but NOT ALL, pick them out if you can, because thos are the ones we are interested in on this website,

Have a nice day x

You are in the UK you did not see these things neither did I but all the descriptions are similar and all are similar to LANTERN sightings this is the only picture attached to those reports the usual great quality

www.mufoncms.com...

My sister live in the central belt of Scotland recently for a few nights in a row people were seeing orange orbs in the sky crossing the sky visible for a few mins they suddenly shooting off or so the they claimed a few days later
after I had explained to my sister what it was MOST LIKELY TO BE

Please read the report below and how they appear to shot off.
Read the comments people made on the record site see anything in common with other reports!

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

4TH of July I will stick with Lanterns rather than MOG from ZOG here for a visit.

The difference between you and me is I thinks something is out there BUT I wont clutch at straws as proof.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join