It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed Fails 229-198

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wait till November. They have marked themselves for retirement.

Never under-estimate the NWO. Incompetency may be their hallmark traits, but they are not beyond being crafty and despicable.

Between now till nov, they may try a few false flag events to rally the masses back to their puppets, with slogans such as 'it's either with us or against us' type of BS as they had done for decades to hide and cover up their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
They won't be voted out. Like I stated earlier, most voters are too stupid to know or care the difference. A large number of voters are just going to go vote for whatever political party they randomly picked when they first registered as teenagers. A large number of voters will pick whoever their spouse is picking.

As always, the race will come down to Democrats promising to give bigger handouts to poor people and Republicans promising to cut more taxes for wealthy people and big businesses. Whoever manages to convince the most people that they will make them richer will be the winner of those elections.

This Federal Reserve stuff won't have a thing to do with it. I'd almost be willing to put money on the following statements:

1. I bet less than half of Americans know that there is a Federal Reserve in the first place.

2. I bet less than a quarter of Americans know what the Federal Reserve is and what it does.

3. I bet less than 5% of Americans know that there was an attempt even made to audit the Federal Reserve, and a portion of THOSE people have probably forgotten all about it and will never hear about the audit failing.

4. 75% of the people who DO know all that stuff will disregard it completely and vote for whichever schmuck promises to give them the most handouts and/or tax breaks anyways.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I bet those 114 either got bribed or blackmailed. They sponsored the bill in the first place, clearly they were all for it. It's this last minute change that looks really REALLY fishy to me.

It could be that the obfuscation concealing the FED's activities is all that keeps us from seeing how bankrupt we really are in the USA. Could Transparency of the FED be the straw that breaks the camels back(the camel being our economy)

We all know they print money by the billions with nothing backing it. It's worth less than the paper its printed on these days. It's a huge ponzi scheme and the politicians know it. They don't want the money train to stop.

This country is so broken. I hate the rich. I HATE the rich. Hate isn't a strong enough word. If I ever meet a CEO of goldman sachs or BP or Haliburton or any of those giant corporate devils, It would take every ounce of my willpower not to strangle the life out of them and set their corpse on fire.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jidnum
What I don't get is why would anyone vote no?

This doesn't make sense. The only reason to vote no is they are afraid of something, maybe the truth.

This is BS. So when I screw up on my taxes it takes 1 person to say go audit him, but when the Federal Reserve messes with the entire United States' money, we need a majority vote of several hundred people?

screw this country. Oh wait, they already did.

That's what I was thinking. "Why would anybody vote 'no'?".

Something we have to think about is that the "Fed" is NOT any more federal than Federal Express. They are a private bank and essentially answer to no one. Alan Greenspan said as much. That being said, Obama could alway issue an Executive Order, something he is getting quite good at.

I just don't understand why anybody would vote 'no'. My best guess is that the politicians simply don't believe we could handle the truth. Either that, or things are much worse than they let on.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

They tried that with the oil spill.

Uber fail.

They are trying it with Iran.

No one wants a war nor cares about it. Fail again.

Not much more they can do. 4 months. That's all they have to do something. Not much can be done.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This story was already posted, please use search function in future.

posted on 4-7-2010 @ 02:25 AM www.abovetopsecret.com...

Polliticians Backflip To Fail Federal Reserve Audit Bill (HR 1207)

Weak-will politicians sellout again.

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

A motion to add a provision that would "audit the Fed" to the financial overhaul bill failed Thursday.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul sponsored the audit the Fed bill previously supported by 320 members of the House. But the audit add-on failed by a vote of 229-198.

"It is foolish to grant more powers to the institutions that caused all the moral hazard and malinvestments that got us into this mess," Paul said on his website. "It is doubly foolish to do so without any meaningful accountability or transparency."

The amendment would give the Government Accountability Office authority to audit the Federal Reserve, which has a long history of independence from congressional audits.

www.ronpaul.com...

Ron Paul’s attempt to audit the Federal Reserve, which was previously co-sponsored by 320 members of the House (HR 1207), failed by a vote of 229-198. All Republicans voted in favor of the measure with 23 Democrats crossing the aisle to vote with Republicans. 114 co-sponsors of HR 1207, all Democrats, jumped ship and voted against Audit the Fed.

The GOP had offered the Fed audit as the minority’s last chance to alter the financial regulation bill. The bill does have an watered-down audit provision in the conference report, but it is limited to loans made by the Fed during the height of the economic crisis. Ron Paul’s bill would have allowed a total examination of the Fed’s books.

How they voted
Democrats, Republicans, HR 1207 Co-Sponsors

YEA

Aderholt
Akin
Alexander
Austria
Bachmann
Bachus
Barrett (SC)
Bartlett
Barton (TX)
Biggert
Bilbray
Bilirakis
Blackburn
Blunt
Boehner
Bonner
Bono Mack
Boozman
Boucher
Boustany
Brady (TX)
Broun (GA)
Brown (SC)
Brown-Waite, Ginny
Buchanan
Burgess
Burton (IN)
Buyer
Calvert
Camp
Campbell
Cantor
Cao
Capito
Carney
Carter
Cassidy
Castle
Chaffetz
Childers
Coble
Coffman (CO)
Cole
Conaway
Crenshaw
Critz
Culberson
Davis (KY)
Dent
Diaz-Balart, L.
Diaz-Balart, M.
Djou
Dreier
Duncan
Edwards (TX)
Ehlers
Emerson
Fallin
Flake
Fleming
Forbes
Fortenberry
Foxx
Franks (AZ)
Frelinghuysen
Gallegly
Garrett (NJ)
Gerlach
Giffords
Gingrey (GA)
Gohmert
Goodlatte
Granger
Graves (GA)
Graves (MO)
Grayson
Griffith
Guthrie
Hall (TX)
Harper
Hastings (WA)
Heller
Hensarling
Herger
Hodes
Hoekstra
Hunter
Inglis
Issa
Jenkins
Johnson (IL)
Johnson, Sam
Jones
Jordan (OH)
King (IA)
King (NY)
Kingston
Kirk
Kirkpatrick (AZ)
Kline (MN)
Kratovil
Lamborn
Lance
Latham
LaTourette
Latta
Lee (NY)
Lewis (CA)
Linder
Lipinski
LoBiondo
Lucas
Luetkemeyer
Lummis
Lungren, Daniel E.
Mack
Manzullo
Marchant
Markey (CO)
McCarthy (CA)
McCaul
McClintock
McCotter
McHenry
McIntyre
McKeon
McMorris Rodgers
McNerney
Mica
Miller (FL)
Miller (MI)
Miller, Gary Minnick
Mitchell
Moran (KS)
Murphy, Tim
Myrick
Neugebauer
Nunes
Nye
Olson
Paul
Paulsen
Pence
Perriello
Petri
Pitts
Platts
Poe (TX)
Posey
Price (GA)
Putnam
Radanovich
Rehberg
Reichert
Roe (TN)
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Rohrabacher
Rooney
Ros-Lehtinen
Roskam
Ross
Royce
Ryan (WI)
Scalise
Schmidt
Schock
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Shadegg
Shimkus
Shuster
Simpson
Skelton
Smith (NE)
Smith (NJ)
Smith (TX)
Space
Stearns
Sullivan
Teague
Terry
Thompson (PA)
Thornberry
Tiahrt
Tiberi
Titus
Turner
Upton
Walden
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Wilson (SC)
Wittman
Wolf
Young (FL)

NAY

Ackerman
Adler (NJ)
Altmire
Andrews
Arcuri
Baca
Baird
Baldwin
Barrow
Bean
Becerra
Berkley
Berman
Berry
Bishop (GA)
Bishop (NY)
Blumenauer
Boccieri
Boren
Boswell
Boyd
Brady (PA)
Braley (IA)
Bright
Brown, Corrine
Butterfield
Capps
Capuano
Cardoza
Carnahan
Carson (IN)
Castor (FL)
Chandler
Chu
Clarke
Clay
Cleaver
Clyburn
Cohen
Connolly (VA)
Conyers
Cooper
Costa
Costello
Courtney
Crowley
Cuellar
Cummings
Dahlkemper
Davis (AL)
Davis (CA)
Davis (IL)
Davis (TN)
DeFazio
DeGette
Delahunt
DeLauro
Deutch
Dicks
Dingell
Doggett
Donnelly (IN)
Doyle
Driehaus
Edwards (MD)
Ellison
Ellsworth
Engel
Eshoo
Etheridge
Farr
Fattah
Filner
Foster
Frank (MA)
Fudge
Garamendi
Gonzalez
Gordon (TN)
Green, Al
Green, Gene
Grijalva
Gutierrez
Hall (NY)
Halvorson
Hare
Harman
Hastings (FL)
Heinrich
Herseth Sandlin
Higgins
Hill
Himes
Hinchey
Hinojosa
Hirono
Holden
Holt
Honda
Hoyer
Inslee
Isra-el
Jackson (IL)
Jackson Lee (TX)
Johnson (GA)
Johnson, E. B.
Kagen
Kanjorski
Kaptur
Kennedy
Kildee
Kilpatrick (MI)
Kilroy
Kind
Kissell
Klein (FL)
Kosmas
Kucinich
Langevin
Larsen (WA)
Larson (CT)
Lee (CA)
Levin
Lewis (GA)
Loebsack
Lofgren, Zoe
Lowey
Luján
Lynch
Maffei
Maloney
Markey (MA)
Marshall
Matheson
Matsui
McCarthy (NY)
McCollum
McDermott
McGovern
McMahon
Meek (FL)
Meeks (NY)
Melancon
Michaud
Miller (NC)
Miller, George
Mollohan
Moore (KS)
Moore (WI)
Moran (VA)
Murphy (CT)
Murphy (NY)
Murphy, Patrick
Nadler (NY)
Napolitano
Neal (MA)
Oberstar
Obey
Olver
Ortiz
Owens
Pallone
Pascrell
Pastor (AZ)
Payne
Perlmutter
Peters
Peterson
Pingree (ME)
Polis (CO)
Pomeroy
Price (NC)
Quigley
Rahall
Rangel
Reyes
Richardson
Rodriguez
Rothman (NJ)
Roybal-Allard
Ruppersberger
Rush
Ryan (OH)
Salazar
Sánchez, Linda T.
Sanchez, Loretta
Sarbanes
Schakowsky
Schauer
Schiff
Schrader
Schwartz
Scott (GA)
Scott (VA)
Serrano
Sestak
Shea-Porter
Sherman
Shuler
Sires
Slaughter
Smith (WA)
Snyder
Speier
Spratt
Stark
Stupak
Sutton
Tanner
Thompson (CA)
Thompson (MS)
Tierney
Tonko
Towns
Tsongas
Van Hollen
Velázquez
Visclosky
Walz
Wasserman Schultz
Waters
Watson
Watt
Waxman
Weiner
Welch
Wilson (OH)
Wu
Yarmuth

Not

[edit on 6-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Ron Paul is now under investigation by the FEC. Its all BS...
I know this is political..

He is rocking the boat. They must shut him up somehow
because if too many people step over to his side, it will turn over...
The last guybefore Ron Paul that told us the truth was Traficant (Ohio) and they put him in prison

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Elected officials act as if they are shown information, proof, of some terrible future if they do not toe the line for TPTB. (and then sworn to super duper 'double secret probation' secrecy.)

They act as if they were shown something like "2012" and "the day after" and told that these were real events...coming real soon....and Here is your "Escape" pass for the secret underground bunkers...as long as you go along with the program and keep yer mouth shut.

Dr Robert Oppenheimer warned us in 1955 that the threat posed by the misuse of what was being discovered at that time about psychological techniques would make the threat of Atomic Armageddon seem trivial.

And yes, Dr Oppenheimer used the word " trivial. "...

The odds that the supposed coming end times are nothing more than a kingpin of a master psychological plan for social manipulation, in order to fleece the wealth of 'the little people', creating dependents upon federal largesse, who will also have to 'remain silent" to get their handouts., is far greater than any apocalyptic reality..

[edit on 6-7-2010 by seataka]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ron Paul 4 Prez
if one day he is the President of the United States of America
he will clean corruptions at all level
change foreign policy
think Americans first
he will work with his heart and soul
thats the differences from Bush & Obama

that guy is the real deal
before Obama was elected i really beleive to be the real deal to ...
I WAS DECEIVED now im more carefull

Ron Paul would be able to bring back the economy
unite all the states equally
make new americans law to restore freedom
is my dream to big ....

can that be possible maybe in 2012 ? Ron Paul for president :O

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Why the Fed will NEVER be audited.

www.libertyforlife.com...

AND

www.save-a-patriot.org...

These families will NEVER allow the information to leak out that THEY are in charge of everything and that THEY have stolen your rights, wealth and property from you without you even knowing it. Stealthy Encroachment, welcome to reality.

These same families inter-marry to keep it all in the family. The also run the IMF and WHO and are behind the NWO agenda.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In light of this thread, I link to my own thread, which gives you all an idea of how these people will remain in power, even though the people do want them removed.

The 17th Amendment & States Rights/Sovereignty--Don't Tread On Me

Some things in the constitution are just plain wrong.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Star & Flag for posting this story. This is the first I've heard of it. Kuddos to Ron Paul and all other representatives supporting it.

BUT... even if the Audit Bill had passed... Who would perform such audit?

They would control or attempt to control who performed the audit, and the audit results. There is just ZERO honesty in our government and they have got their claws into our system and are not going to let go.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

They tried that with the oil spill.

Uber fail.

They are trying it with Iran.

No one wants a war nor cares about it. Fail again.

Not much more they can do. 4 months. That's all they have to do something. Not much can be done.

Careful. Never say never. All one power clinging nuthead needs is just 1 hour to galvanise the masses to his side with a concept so powerful many will have no other choice but to swear allegience and vote according to his wish. Humans seek peace above all else and it will be along such lines will the threat to peace concept be played out in full.

Remember how the Sadam war and lies was perpetrated? Even peaceniks was fooled into siding the moron puppet Bush and republicans.

Once bitten twice shy. The NWO thought they could use such cards again. The oil spill crisis was thought to draw the fearful to them for help and mercy, but instead it revealed more of the corruption and incompetency of the greedy Corporations and paid govt officials in collusion, just as this failed fed audit had proven.

The korean crisis, gaza blockades and many other false flag events were again stupidly played out and failed,because of the internet, as more awakened deeply discussed and rationalize such issues, making more awakened to the realities of our world.

And our masters know it, and will learn from it, and probably even attempt to subdue the effect of the internet. Keep your eyes open as disinfo with divide and conquer tactics abound, to separate us brothers and sisters from each other yet again.

We have to remain one and be one, with already existing common ground of rational aspirations to stand on no matter our differences. We are humans first, and this will be our guiding principle for freedom. To fail is to become slaves and be satisfied with scraps from the rich and powerful whom seek to maintain their hold over humanity.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This thread is duplicate of this one

Here.

Please post any further comments there.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join