It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed Fails 229-198

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ron Paul’s attempt to audit the Federal Reserve, which was previously co-sponsored by 320 members of the House (HR 1207), failed by a vote of 229-198. All Republicans voted in favor of the measure with 23 Democrats crossing the aisle to vote with Republicans. 114 co-sponsors of HR 1207, all Democrats, jumped ship and voted against Audit the Fed.

The GOP had offered the Fed audit as the minority’s last chance to alter the financial regulation bill. The bill does have an watered-down audit provision in the conference report, but it is limited to loans made by the Fed during the height of the economic crisis. Ron Paul’s bill would have allowed a total examination of the Fed’s books.

How they voted

Once again, America's Congressmen and Senators prove that they have no concern for the American People, the Constitution of the United States, or for that matter, keeping in line with ethics standards that were prescribed long ago that allowed them to be in the positions that they find themselves in, positions of control and power.

If these individuals refuse to live responsibly under oath, more correctly, their oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, Then the penalties prescribed for breaking such a statute must also apply to them as well.

The process of RECALL should now be a topic of main concern, and one with the potential of correcting this whole mess.

How many here knew, that many of those in the Congress and House of Representatives have DUAL CITIZENSHIPS? from other countries?

What do you think? should individuals who possess citizenships of other countries outside of the U.S. be allowed to be involved in America's littagatory and legislative processes?

here is a list of "Americans" who voted on th Audit the Fed ACT:

YEA

Aderholt, Akin, Alexander, Austria, Bachmann, Bachus, Barrett (SC), Bartlett, Barton (TX), Biggert, Bilbray, Bilirakis, Blackburn, Blunt, Boehner, Bonner, Bono Mack, Boozman, Boucher, Boustany, Brady (TX), Broun (GA), Brown (SC), Brown-Waite, Ginny, Buchanan, Burgess, Burton (IN), Buyer, Calvert, Camp, Campbell, Cantor, Cao, Capito, Carney, Carter, Cassidy, Castle, Chaffetz, Childers, Coble, Coffman (CO), Cole, Conaway, Crenshaw, Critz, Culberson, Davis (KY), Dent, Diaz-Balart, L., Diaz-Balart, M., Djou, Dreier, Duncan, Edwards (TX), Ehlers, Emerson, Fallin, Flake, Fleming, Forbes, Fortenberry, Foxx, Franks (AZ), Frelinghuysen, Gallegly, Garrett (NJ), Gerlach, Giffords, Gingrey (GA), Gohmert, Goodlatte, Granger, Graves (GA), Graves (MO), Grayson, Griffith, Guthrie, Hall (TX), Harper, Hastings (WA), Heller, Hensarling, Herger, Hodes, Hoekstra, Hunter, Inglis, Issa, Jenkins, Johnson (IL), Johnson, Sam, Jones, Jordan (OH), King (IA), King (NY), Kingston, Kirk, Kirkpatrick (AZ), Kline (MN), Kratovil, Lamborn, Lance, Latham, LaTourette, Latta, Lee (NY), Lewis (CA), Linder, Lipinski, LoBiondo, Lucas, Luetkemeyer, Lummis, Lungren, Daniel E., Mack, Manzullo, Marchant, Markey (CO), McCarthy (CA), McCaul, McClintock, McCotter, McHenry, McIntyre, McKeon, McMorris Rodgers, McNerney, Mica, Miller (FL), Miller (MI), Miller, Gary, Minnick, Mitchell, Moran (KS), Murphy, Tim Myrick, Neugebauer, Nunes, Nye. Olson, Paul, Paulsen, Pence, Perriello, Petri, Pitts, Platts, Poe (TX), Posey, Price (GA), Putnam, Radanovich, Rehberg, Reichert, Roe (TN), Rogers (AL), Rogers (KY), Rogers (MI), Rohrabacher, Rooney, Ros-Lehtinen, Roskam, Ross, Royce, Ryan (WI), Scalise, Schmidt, Schock, Sensenbrenner, Sessions, Shadegg, Shimkus, Shuster, Simpson, Skelton, Smith (NE), Smith (NJ), Smith (TX), Space, Stearns, Sullivan, Teague, Terry, Thompson (PA), Thornberry, Tiahrt, Tiberi, Titus
Turner, Upton, Walden, Westmoreland, Whitfield, Wilson (SC), Wittman, Wolf, Young (FL),

NAY

Ackerman, Adler (NJ), Altmire, Andrews, Arcuri, Baca, Baird, Baldwin, Barrow, Bean, Becerra, Berkley, Berman, Berry, Bishop (GA), Bishop (NY), Blumenauer,
Boccieri, Boren, Boswell, BoydBrady (PA)Braley (IA)BrightBrown, Corrine Butterfield Capps Capuano Cardoza Carnahan, Carson (IN), Castor (FL), Chandler, Chu, Clarke, Clay, Cleaver, Clyburn, Cohen, Connolly (VA), Conyers, Cooper, Costa, Costello, Courtney, Crowley, Cuellar, Cummings, Dahlkemper, Davis (AL), Davis (CA), Davis (IL), Davis (TN), DeFazio, DeGette, Delahunt, DeLauro, Deutch, Dicks, Dingell, Doggett, Donnelly (IN), Doyle, Driehaus, Edwards (MD), Ellison, Ellsworth, Engel, Eshoo, Etheridge, Farr, Fattah, Filner, Foster, Frank (MA), Fudge, Garamendi, Gonzalez, Gordon (TN), Green, Al, Green, Gene, Grijalva, Gutierrez, Hall (NY), Halvorson, Hare, Harman, Hastings (FL), Heinrich, Herseth Sandlin, Higgins, Hill, Himes, Hinchey, Hinojosa, Hirono, Holden, Holt, Honda,
Hoyer, Inslee, Isra-el, Jackson (IL), Jackson Lee (TX), Johnson (GA), Johnson, E. B., Kagen, Kanjorski, Kaptur, Kennedy, Kildee, Kilpatrick (MI), Kilroy, Kind, ,
Kissell, Klein (FL), Kosmas, Kucinich, Langevin, Larsen (WA) Larson (CT), Lee (CA), Levin, Lewis (GA), Loebsack, Lofgren, Zoe, Lowey, Luján, Lynch, Maffei,
Maloney, Markey (MA), Marshall, Matheson, Matsui, McCarthy (NY), McCollum, McDermott, McGovern, McMahon, Meek (FL), Meeks (NY), Melancon, Michaud,
Miller (NC), Miller, George, Mollohan, Moore (KS), Moore (WI), Moran (VA), Murphy (CT), Murphy (NY), Murphy, Patrick, Nadler (NY), Napolitano, Neal (MA),
Oberstar, Obey, Olver, Ortiz, Owens, Pallone, Pascrell, Pastor (AZ), Payne, Perlmutter, Peters, Peterson, Pingree (ME), Polis (CO), Pomeroy, Price (NC), Quigley,
Rahall, Rangel, Reyes, Richardson, Rodriguez, Rothman (NJ), Roybal-Allard, Ruppersberger, Rush, Ryan (OH), Salazar, Sánchez, Linda T, Sanchez, Loretta, Sarbanes, Schakowsky, Schauer, Schiff, Schrader, Schwartz, Scott (GA), Scott (VA), Serrano, Sestak, Shea-Porter, Sherman, Shuler, Sires, Slaughter, Smith (WA),
Snyder, Speier, Spratt, Stark, Stupak, , Sutton, Tanner, Thompson (CA), Thompson (MS), Tierney, Tonko, Towns, Tsongas, Van Hollen, Velázquez, Visclosky, Walz,
Wasserman Schultz, Waters, Watson, Watt, Waxman, Weiner, Welch, Wilson (OH), Wu, Yarmuth

Not Voting

Bishop (UT)
Taylor
Wamp
Woolsey
Young (AK)

Those individuals whop are listed on the NAY vole list are guilty of violating their oath to uphold the constitution. They all of them, need to be recalled.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They are guilty of treason.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemies of america, central bankers

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I see that my Rep. Roe(TN) voted the right way.

A full audit would be fantastic, but they at least need an accounting of how the so called stimulus money was distributed.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
all these a$$holes in congress from NC that voted
NAY in this vote, I'm gonna take a personal interest
in seeing that you are voted out of office as you
do not represent NC citizens. I hope you never
work in politics again. Maybe those lobbyists you
are taking bribes from can give you a job when you're
kicked out of this one. You disgust me!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Nothing like a quality 'hit-list' eh?

If any of the militia's are reading this - you know EXACTLY who's door to knock on now.

This vote has finally set the battle-lines. Anyone who voted against this bill is an enemy of freedom and progression of the human race. I'd love to wring their necks myself!!!

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What I don't get is why would anyone vote no?

This doesn't make sense. The only reason to vote no is they are afraid of something, maybe the truth.

This is BS. So when I screw up on my taxes it takes 1 person to say go audit him, but when the Federal Reserve messes with the entire United States' money, we need a majority vote of several hundred people?

screw this country. Oh wait, they already did.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Where is the fascist Pelosi in that list.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Where is the fascist Pelosi in that list.

She must have slithered
beneath it somehow.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would think that USAmericans would be horrified to have the truth of this exposed, but your media sources are bought and paid for whores ... sorry to be so blunt, but it is the case.

I hope Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty will be able to put forward candidates in opposition to those in the pocket of the FED.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
6 out of 13 of GA's representatives voted against the audit. They have shown where their loyalties lie, and it's not with the people they are supposed to representing in the governing of our nation.
I suggest everyone to make a list of the rep's in your state who voted against the people. Bombard their offices with phone calls, faxes and e-mails. Let's tell them how disappointed we are that they prioritized a fraudulent special interest group over the will of the people whom they are representing. Make them aware that for this will be fired come the next election. We must be heard, we must stand and fight against this foul beast that seeks to ruin our once great nation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Pretty amazing, actually. I can't think of a single reason why any Congressperson would be opposed to auditing the Fed.

An audit basically is a call for transparency --- nothing more. It basically lays out the true financial condition of the Fed, and allows the American taxpayer to know what really is happening from a financial perspective. An audit is not a call to action -- It's a call to transparency.

It's pure insanity to not have an audit. How is Congress supposed to know what the heck the Fed is doing if they can't even look at their books? Hello?

You would think that with this economic crisis, and the current devastating recession, our Congress would be taking a very, very close look at each and every arm or affiliate of the government and reviewing their financial health with a fine tooth comb. Why should the Fed get a pass?

I can still hear that "giant sucking sound" of jobs going overseas that Ross Perot warned us Americans about a few years ago. Poor ol' Ross. He warned us. Too bad we didn't listen when we had the chance.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by CookieMonster09]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No way was this going to pass. The money trail from the fed leads to, too many closets with too many skeletons.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

The entire congress, except for Ron Paul, is owned by bankers and looters.

All of them are criminals.

All of them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This confirms it.

I have now lost all trust is Kucinich. He is not a representative of the people that vote him in.

Go to hell Kucinich. And all the others.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah my rep here in Utah is Bishop, listed as "not voting"...

Ain't that grand? Maybe he's overqualified to actually vote on things, I don't know...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I have now lost all trust is Kucinich. He is not a representative of the people that vote him in.

something has happened to Kucinich.
It all started with the Obamacare bill.
He was against it originally, then he switched
his vote and did an interview about it and he
was pale as a ghost like he was scared
of something. I don't know if he was bought
off or either somebody has some blackmail
dirt on him they were gonna expose if he didn't
vote the way they wanted him to. He did it again
in this vote. Voting against the audit.
Kucinich !!! What do they have on you???
Are you being blackmailed to sway your vote??
What's the problem ???

Is congress in Washington being blackmailed ???
Including Obama ???

WTF ????

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As far as democrats go, he was the only one I at least had some respect for.

That's gone.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

I've been trying to find this particular vote and found that HR 1207 was still in committee.

However, according to Wikipedia, it was amended to HR 3996 which was then itself amended to HR 4173: Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010, better known as the Wall Street Reform bill.

It sounds like you got your excerpt from prisonplanet.com which states HR 1207 but doesn't say when the vote took place or which bill they were exactly voting on. The entirety of the Paul bill didn't make it to the final act but an audit of the fed did make it into the act, even though it's one time. I'm still looking for that section of the act though.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
In reality, it doesn't matter if the house passes it or not...the Senate NEVER WILL. It was already weakened because the votes weren't there.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by LostNemesis

something has happened to Kucinich.
It all started with the Obamacare bill.
He was against it originally, then he switched
his vote and did an interview about it and he
was pale as a ghost like he was scared
of something. I don't know if he was bought
off or either somebody has some blackmail
dirt on him they were gonna expose if he didn't
vote the way they wanted him to. He did it again
in this vote. Voting against the audit.
Kucinich !!! What do they have on you???
Are you being blackmailed to sway your vote??
What's the problem ???

Is congress in Washington being blackmailed ???
Including Obama ???

WTF ????

I think there is a shadow government of sorts calling the shots now and they have Obama by the balls as well. Just remember Bill Clinton also mentioned a bit about the shadow government and he even stated that he has no control over that. This was said before he got impeached.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join