It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have all Christians been duped? Evidence here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In the Koran Arab. "Issa" or Lat. "Jesus" and Heb. Jesjuah was not crucified, but [fell] the person we know as Simon of Kyrene was killed in his place. According to the Koran, "Issa" lived to be a 120 years old.

There is also another literally speaking crucial detail most bible-translations and these books' bible thumping Christian followers of these translations always seem to leave out or ignore. The person who was set free instead of "Jesus" in our translations carrying the name "Barrabas", had a first name too: "Jesjuah", and "Barrabas" is a mistranslation of the Heb. "bar-Abbas", so his full name in Hebrew is "Jesjuah bar-Abbas" or "Jesjuah son of the Father". Could it be that the person who was crucified as the Messiah was infact Simon of Kyrene and the true prophet the Christian bibles call "Jesus" was set free by Pilate? Are all Christians worshipping the Beast? "Jesus" equals 616 in Hebrew gematria. 616 is also the earliest known "Number of the Beast". And the Beast was slain, but came back to life, exactly what the Gospel says "Jesus" was. Would any of you Zealots even dare to believe it?

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

Tsjaindjed ThAt into "datt"

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nah, most things in the bible have been disproved by science, so I don't think the book has any validity to it at all. I don't believe that people are worshiping anything, they just think they are.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Why aren't you asking " Are all Muslims who follow the Koran being duped?"

Why should you, I or anyone else believe the Koran over the Bible?

Schmidt1989,

What makes you think most things in the bible have been disproved by science?

It depends on who you listen to. I know of many scientists and archeologists who have found corroborating evidence of the Bible and it's stories.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again.
Life is to live and love and not to slave away for the promises of things in the afterlife.
Do you honestly believe a God as just and as loving as professed by the bible would want you to retard your personal development in exchange for riches and blessings in the afterlife. And if he/she wanted this, don't you think he/she would give you proof?

Please, religion has been used far too long as a control tool against the Earths peoples.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

What if the Bible is a social experiment. It sure works like some kind of serial mechanism where you can pretty much know in advance what certain people would say or do, depending on any given challenge or dilemma the books of the bible indoctrinates the public to give the same answers to, which in turn, allows any PTB the ability to accurately predict the outcome of certain acts, catastrophies, coup de etat etc. or "revelations of prophecy". It's quite an interesting piece of litterature, and knowing that all three Abrahamic religions hold these books or parts of them sacred. And given there is about a billion Christians and another billion Muslims and Jews, the implications of the tool called the Bible are quite sinister and enormous. You can play the world like an orchestra, if you know the keys and have the power.

The way I see it the Bible, either as a whole or book by book is a tool to program cognitive biases in populations. It is a toy or game of TPTB.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Schmidt1989,

It depends on who you listen to. I know of many scientists and archeologists who have found corroborating evidence of the Bible and it's stories.

The fossil record.

Come on, do you actually believe that a man had a boat with every animal on it?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You know we could make a ship today with almost every plant and animal on it, in the form of seeds, frozen embryos and a library of genetic material.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In my opinion, Christ was crucified because the Jews wanted him killed.
Even at his birth, Herod, though not a Jew himself, tried at killing the 'child king' by systematically slaughtering all the first born at the time.
The precedent was set to wipe Jesus 'off the map' - as some might say today.
And how much easier it must have been later, to 'wipe' all recorded history of The Christ 'off the map;' Scrolls and manuscripts didn't cry and bleed in the arms of screaming mothers.

No, it's not hard to imagine the extent those in opposition of The Christ and Christianity would go to making sure no secular account of Jesus and his life survived. Also take into consideration the number of people who were literate at the time and able to write? It wouldn't have been a daunting task at all.

The beauty of this - in my opinion again - is that Christians in fact have more faith in lack of the 'written secular proof' rather than less faith.

As for the 'modern world' - Those who choose not to believe the bible do so with an unbelievable number of fantastical reasons and it's my opinion nothing but the imaginations of unbelievers would stop the same happening for any proof 'sans' the Testaments.
I've no doubt there would be an equal, if not louder and more passionate hue and cry trying to denounce secular history of The Christ by the same who (try) deprecating the Bible.

The person who was set free instead of "Jesus" in our translations carrying the name "Barrabas", had a first name too: "Jesjuah", and "Barrabas" is a mistranslation of the Heb. "bar-Abbas", so his full name in Hebrew is "Jesjuah bar-Abbas" or "Jesjuah son of the Father".

Though I agree with the above quote, it's my understanding this man's life was a beautiful example of Christ's sacrifice for mankind.

Three men were chosen to die.
One was allowed, through choice of the masses, to be freed.
Barrabas was chosen and Christ took his place - Just as Christ took all of our places and saves us from true death.
So as the 'son of the Father' Barrabas was in a sense 'reborn' - so are we all who accept the gift of life eternal and we are all 'Sons of the Father' offered the same gift.
We all have the choice to go to death or be set free but sadly, human nature in multitudes will almost always choose the unjust, over the just - (as they did choose Barrabas over The Christ).

Take heart those who refuse to participate in 'man's' world cheering for those who break the laws of man and God...
The Christ will stand in your stead against death even as He did with Barrabas.

So, there ya go...

I see your point, don't get me wrong, and as a topic of debate it's extremely interesting, but again it's a debate no one, IMO can win.

You either believe, or, you don't. Spending time in between is just a waste. IMO...

Don't forget, there was also a man named 'Issa' that lived at the same time as Christ, and many believe was Christ.
A man who traveled extensively though the East.
There are written histories of this man 'Issa' spreading much the same message as we read in the Bible.
Many believe the records of Issa are the recoded history of the life of Jesus not found in the Bible.
There are many that also believe it is a hoax.

So again, its all back to what you choose to believe in.

Thanks and Peace!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

You know we could make a ship today with almost every plant and animal on it, in the form of seeds, frozen embryos and a library of genetic material.

I wasn't aware such technology was readily available thousands of years ago.

Different times, now. The circumstances are different. Even still, your argument is still debatable. There are many species we do not know of yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Its just something to think about. I did type almost instead of all.

ATS is a place full of all kinds of weird things, with discussions of all kinds of anomalies and Forteana from history, religion, science, etc. Its kind of a "you never know" thing.

[edit on 4/7/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Of course christians are being duped.

If you're running around taking seriously a religion of a bronze-age genital mutilation tribe, you have problems. You have to believe impossibilities such as people rising from the dead, demons causing disease, bushes that speak, etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Schmidt1989,

The fossil record.

What about the fossil record?

The stories of the Bible were handed down verbally for many years before they were written down. It may be the the Ark/Flood story has some truth and some embellishments.. but your statement was that most things were dis-proven. I dispute that.

Do you not know that plant and animal life is being collected all over the Earth and preserved in case we need to restart the civilization? One theory is this world has been destroyed and remade many times before. It may be Noah had advanced science that was lost in one of these time periods. Only scant word of mouth with no details survived. If we can do it, then it is not so far fetched that the people of the Bible could do it.

People (scientists) are discovering more and more ancient people were not the backward idiots we make them out to be. They build the Pyramids, The antediluvian clock/machine and many other things. just because we don't know 'how' they did it does not mean they could not do it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So again, its all back to what you choose to believe in.

Indeed. I am just proposing what may actually be evidence of the greatest rescue plan in history. Several people working together to save people from harm. Like I have explained before, the person on the cross wasn't killed, but after having suffered enough he was rescued by the soldiers by the cross, and also by a group of nobles and Essenes etc. But it is my firm belief that none of the three people involved, who can all be our Christ, were killed. Like I said, it was the greatest rescue operation in History.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rougeskut

Do you honestly believe a God as just and as loving as professed by the bible would want you to retard your personal development in exchange for riches and blessings in the afterlife.

What on earth gives you the idea that actually following what the Bible teaches will retard your personal development? This is just the opposite of what does happen for true believers. It enriches personal development and causes a person to grow mentally and spiritually as a human being.

Only reason I can think of why you do not know this is because you have not experienced it yourself.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Schmidt1989,

The fossil record.

What about the fossil record?

The stories of the Bible were handed down verbally for many years before they were written down. It may be the the Ark/Flood story has some truth and some embellishments.. but your statement was that most things were dis-proven. I dispute that.

Do you not know that plant and animal life is being collected all over the Earth and preserved in case we need to restart the civilization? One theory is this world has been destroyed and remade many times before. It may be Noah had advanced science that was lost in one of these time periods. Only scant word of mouth with no details survived. If we can do it, then it is not so far fetched that the people of the Bible could do it.

People (scientists) are discovering more and more ancient people were not the backward idiots we make them out to be. They build the Pyramids, The antediluvian clock/machine and many other things. just because we don't know 'how' they did it does not mean they could not do it.

The theory that the earth has been populated by an advanced society before is a weak one, and one I don't believe in whatsoever.

And yes, I do know about the Svalbard Global Seed Vault.

Only the simplest of minds today think that our ancestors were stupid. No scientist, or anthropologist, in the past 200 years thought that our ancestors were stupid. It must be remembered that the modern human as we each other today, has been around for 50,000 years. We have changed so very very minutely in this time, it's almost unrecognizable. Evolution just doesn't really work that fast.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

But it is my firm belief that none of the three people involved, who can all be our Christ, were killed.

Who can all be our Christ?
Sorry, but, not just 'anyone' can be 'our Christ' but, Christ.
I understand your point, again, just a difference of opinion and what's correct and incorrect...

Like I said, it was the greatest rescue operation in History.

I believe Christ performed the Greatest Rescue Operation in History - and it's still ongoing!

Not only does He save people while they're alive, but, He saves them in death also...

peace on ya!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What was edited out of the current biblical texts by religionists in the fourth century, leaving the book in its present format as a rather confusing assemblage of ancient history and misunderstood parables, is exactly that which has now been corroborated by modern science as that which can link us to the real purpose of our earthly lives, which is to evolve as spiritual beings and attain unity with the source of all creation. The present decline of the earth's electromagnetic field, a field which can also be seen as the glue which holds all of our present belief structures, including religions, in place, provides an unparalleled opportunity for human beings to transcend these fear-based structures. Such an opportunity presents itself once every 5,125 years. What will humanity choose this time? Fear of Love?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
What was edited out of the current biblical texts by religionists in the fourth century, leaving the book in its present format as a rather confusing assemblage of ancient history and misunderstood parables, is exactly that which has now been corroborated by modern science as that which can link us to the real purpose of our earthly lives, which is to evolve as spiritual beings and attain unity with the source of all creation. The present decline of the earth's electromagnetic field, a field which can also be seen as the glue which holds all of our present belief structures, including religions, in place, provides an unparalleled opportunity for human beings to transcend these fear-based structures. Such an opportunity presents itself once every 5,125 years. What will humanity choose this time? Fear of Love?

It doesn't sound to me like you've ever read the apocrypha. Or if you have, you didn't get it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It doesn't sound to me like you've ever read the apocrypha. Or if you have, you didn't get it.

It doesn't sound to me like he's done much reading at all, and didn't get whatever he read. I cite this:

Originally posted by Saul of Tarsus
The present decline of the earth's electromagnetic field, a field which can also be seen as the glue which holds all of our present belief structures

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join