It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars... Does this prove we have already been!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was emailed this video by my brother who lives in Canada. He told me that is shows (so he was told) a joint US/Russian expedition to mars in the late 1970's. When I asked him where he got this video, I expected him to say some "friend of a friend of a friend nonsence", etc. But he said a colleague of his downloaded it off some russian video site only 2 days ago. I have taken the liberty of creating a Youtube account and uploading this video so that I can get some input on this, as if this is proven to be real, there is going to be some serious questions to answer.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ReeVeeR]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
hhmmm, I dont know what to make of it, if we went to mar's why wouldn't they tell the general public ??

It's a good video, but they can be faked, and it's only two minutes long. If we went to Mar's we would have hours and hours of footage, especialy of astronauts walking around, not just space shots.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I can tell this is a fake. Mars is to large to be filmed whole. I doubt sunlight will be that bright by Mars.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

hhmmm, I dont know what to make of it, if we went to mar's why wouldn't they tell the general public ??

No, why would they? Are they your friends? Your buddies? If you haven't noticed, you are only shown what they want you to see.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The footage is certainly interesting... I am no expert but to me it looks realistic. Am looking forward to seeing the oppinion of those who are good at analysing the credibility of such footage.

Apparantly there was a joint German-Japanese flight to Mars in 1945 using the prototype Haunebu III craft.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

This is definatly a lot more of an outrageous claim, but nonetheless I like to think there is some truth in them.

Good post mate

[edit on 30-6-2010 by KingDoey]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
it wouldnt suprise me if russia and the U.S had a joint mission already and the video looks pretty real looking foward to hearing what others think of this. sure we'll soon find out if it's real or not

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

I'm no photo expert so I don't know what to think of this video but I do agree that if it proves to be genuine, then some heads should roll.

If someone could prove that our space agencies have been hiding this type of information from the general public for this long then the biggest question is going to be; "What else have you been hiding from us?"

Secret Space Program? Moon Bases? Mars Bases? Jump Rooms? Anti Gravity? Zero Point Energy?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I can tell this is a fake. Mars is to large to be filmed whole.

What does that even mean?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Very enjoyable. The shaky camera work, the popping in and out of focus, the brief glimpses of what looks like a plausible spacecraft... all contribute to the illusion of realism. It also appears to have been shot on film, so much the better! Why such brief takes edited together? Why is Mars always in the same phase, irrespective of which feature the craft is orbiting over? Why through a porthole? Why no interior shots? My hunch about this one is that it was professionally done in a studio, using an exquisitely rendered globe of Mars. I'm willing to bet it was stitched together from a Russian science fiction film or Nova style documentary.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by ReeVeeR

If someone could prove that our space agencies have been hiding this type of information from the general public for this long then the biggest question is going to be; "What else have you been hiding from us?"

Secret Space Program? Moon Bases? Mars Bases? Jump Rooms? Anti Gravity? Zero Point Energy?

Come on baby please be real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

If you go to the youtube link and read the description, it states that the mission did not include landing on the surface but rather that it was to photograph possible sites of ancient structures on the surface.

Hence, no astronauts walking around.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
At 1:45 on the Mars video you can clearly see a pyramid and symmetrical

structure at the bottom view. ^Y^

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by amari]

link   
Wow! That's really freaking cool man! I mean there is absolutely no way for me to tell if it's really real or anything with what's presented but heck it could be for all I know! It looks really good! If it is real it has many implications! Thanks for putting it up! S&F for sure!

link   
reply to post by Flatfish

In that case i call fake.

who goes that far NOT to land ??

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The theory stated in the OP reminds me very much of the famed "Alternative 3" video that apparently claimed a joint US-Russian mission to mars in 1962. Here is the video from that production:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, that is interesting footage. However, it carries a number of flaws.

1) If it's an entire mission, why is there only this much footage? Where is the on-the-surface footage? where is the footage with narration (or is there something wrong with my speakers?)

2) The scale seems off, as Romantic_Rebel suggested (though what she actually said doesn't make much sense...), especially in conjuction with the level of detail. But that could just be my ignorance of the topography of Mars.

3) Why would the US and Russia launch a mutual mission in the 1970s? They HATED each other. Or was that a cover?

4) During one of the shots which seems to carry the whole planet, you can see something in the lower right of the window through which the video is being shot. It looks like the ground, but it may be a relection or a distortion. It's probably about 30 seconds in, I forgot to check the timestamp.

I'll be watching this thread closely, in any case! I hope these four points (and any others that we healthy skeptics think of) can be refuted...!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Come on baby please be real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be naive, do you really think that our governments are telling us the whole truth about what they are doing with our space agencies?

Reality itself may be bigger than you think!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm no photo or video expert either. But the footage is deff compelling
I for one truly believe that "man" has been to,landed, and set up bases on both the moon and mars long before the public was even told about space exploration. Why would they? Why would they send all these rovers and surveying missions but not manned missions it would be silly of them not to. Which is why you can ask why we haven't been back to the moon. Too many question will be asked? I think that they have found "things" on the moon and that it why they stopped showing the public men on distant planets and moons cause to many questions would be asked that they can't come up with good enough bs excuses. So they would even dare tell the public about manned mars missions just imagine what try found at cycyndonia region they would never be able to keep stuff like that under wraps if it wS in the public eye and the public new humans were there

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just one question,

Where are the stars?

Thanks

edited to add: I do think that the U.S. corp has already been to mars, just no proof as of yet.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus13
Why would they send all these rovers and surveying missions but not manned missions it would be silly of them not to.

Have you ever watched a sci-fi show? They always send a probe first, if they can. Stargate, they send the Malp or whatever to see what's on the other side, to make sure that they'll be able to breathe. The rovers are there to see if there's anything useful on the surface or beneath the surface, to see if there's any good reason for sending humans. They also might be making sure that there is a place where it's possible to land.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join