It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 28, 2010 -- Gulf state emergency preparedness agencies confirm mass evacuation plans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I posted this on my Alex thread..........If its been already posted Mods just close thread.........if not I thought it may need some more light......Thanks Cloud!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who is Wayne Madsen? That is the first question before reading his article from his "member only" site..........

I am not going to do a copy and paste of what Wikipedia says about him so I hope everyone clicks the link to read for themselves.......

en.wikipedia.org...

What I have read about Mr Madsen brings creditability to his blog and the report below.......

So if these reports are true that an evac is coming then what we have been discussing here is right on target........

If someone can post something that can discredit Mr Madsen please do.........All I did was a quick google search......

From his site: www.waynemadsenreport.com...

Wayne Madsen Report

June 28, 2010

A well-placed source in California told WMR that the California Emergency Management Agency (CEMA) has been briefed by its counterpart agencies in the Gulf coast states that there are plans to conduct a mass evacuation of millions of Gulf coast residents due to the catastrophic environmental and public health effects of the BP oil disaster.

CEMA officials have been briefed on the planned evacuations by counterparts in the Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management.

The Gulf states’ emergency planners stressed to their California counterparts that they are dealing with a disaster of unprecedented proportions and that contingency plans are being constantly updated and revised on ways to deal with the transformation of the Gulf of Mexico into a deadly “toxic soup” of oil and Corexit 9500 oil dispersants and the atmosphere into a dangerous mixture of hydrocarbon gases.

CEMA was briefed on the impending mass evacuation since California would be expected to absorb a large number of evacuees from the Gulf states. CEMA officials did not say how the state of California, which is virtually bankrupt, would pay for the influx of hundreds of thousands and perhaps greater numbers of evacuees from the Gulf coastal region.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well with the crazy amount of oil on and below the surface and with hurricane season under way and a tropical storm in the gulf, what would you expect? It would be asinine to believe that evacuations would not happen, we have never faced this scenario before we don't know what to expect.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There's more and more coming out about this impending relocation effort. I simply can't imagine how they are going to make this work. Hwoever, despite so many people's eagerness to flame the WebBot project it speaks directly to the 'diaspora' warnings that Cliff has been giving for well over a year now.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I hope that someone can give more details about Mr Madsen..........

His background fits the part but is he creditable or does he just run another blog money site.........

Hopefully someone here can give us those answers............

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I refuse to believe it, it seems logistically impossible, it is a political nightmare, it is an economical nightmare, and it would be confirmation of the devastating health consequences of the spill.

Now, all that said, IF it does happen....see above!!
End of the US as we know it! Also end of the current Government, because you can't have such a massive failure in leadership and then uproot and move all us Southern folks that barely concede any authority to the Fed anyway. Piss off all of us and then move us in with the normal folks? That is like putting the yeast into the cake....just sit back and watch for your uprising!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The s*it sounds like it's about to hit the fan! If the toxic storm or what it ever it will be goes inland,Will it be a danger to those of us in North Georgia?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The only real large mass evacuation plan I know was operation "pied piper" in Britain at the start of WW2, which saw the movement of just under 10% of the population from at risk areas.

In the first three days of official evacuation, 3.5 million people were moved—827,000 children of school-age, 524,000 mothers and young children (under 5), 13,000 pregnant women, 7,000 disabled persons and over 103,000 teachers and other 'helpers"

So we know it is possible to move vast amounts of people, but the pressure this puts on other areas of the country could be quite intolerable...

So I honestly, hope, hand on heart that it does not come to this...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Didn't Nazi Germany mass evacuate civilians from Poland and the Baltic Nations in late 1944-early 1945?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I hope that someone can give more details about Mr Madsen..........

His background fits the part but is he creditable or does he just run another blog money site.........

Hopefully someone here can give us those answers............

Wayne Madsen:

Wayne Madsen Biography: Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist, author and syndicated columnist. He has written for The Village Voice, The Progressive, Counterpunch, Online Journal, CorpWatch, Multinational Monitor, News Insider, In These Times, and The American Conservative. His columns have appeared in The Miami Herald, Houston Chronicle, Philadelphia Inquirer, Columbus Dispatch, Sacramento Bee, and Atlanta Journal-Constitution, among others. Madsen is the author of The Handbook of Personal Data Protection (London: Macmillan, 1992), an acclaimed reference book on international data protection law; Genocide and Covert Operations in Africa 1993-1999 (Edwin Mellen Press, 1999); co-author of America's Nightmare: The Presidency of George Bush II (Dandelion, 2003); author of Jaded Tasks: Big Oil, Black Ops & Brass Plates and Overthrow a Fascist Regime on $15 a Day. Madsen is a regular contributor on Russia Today. He has been a frequent political and national security commentator on Fox News and has also appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and MS-NBC. Madsen has taken on Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity on their television shows. He has been invited to testifty as a witness before the US House of Representatives, the UN Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, and an terrorism investigation panel of the French government. Madsen has some twenty years experience in security issues. As a U.S. Naval Officer, he managed one of the first computer security programs for the U.S. Navy. He subsequently worked for the National Security Agency, the Naval Data Automation Command, Department of State, RCA Corporation, and Computer Sciences Corporation. Madsen was a Senior Fellow for the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a privacy public advocacy organization. Madsen is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ), Association for Intelligence Officers (AFIO), and the National Press Club.

Hope this helps

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Didn't Nazi Germany mass evacuate civilians from Poland and the Baltic Nations in late 1944-early 1945?

I'm not sure, the only one I know in depth is Operation Pied Piper, with 3.5 million evacuated by the gov. and a further 2 million more wealthy relocated privately.. that is a huge amount of people to move, and looking at the GoM it could be 10x that figure.. What a scary situation...

Tho I will dig into the area you mentioned, very interesting, thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

That doesn't sound too good?!?!?

I don't think they get much more legit than that. If he has a "well-placed source" then it just might be coming to fruition.

Let's not forget Senator Bill Nelson in Florida confirming that there are plans in place if needed, and after the panicked calls back to his office, an aid didn't do the normal fireproofing and spin control, she simply confirmed that Bill had said there were plans in place if needed.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I was attempting to put down what I am thinking based on what I have read about Mr Madsen..........

Oh S##T........Is all I can reference to at the moment.......

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Washington Post

Seems like the bigger papers are seeping doomsday scenarios to the public now also, actually even quoting your source.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

This could be what all those white cars are for... to aid in evacuation...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

From your link to Washington Post article!

"We're going to have to evacuate the gulf states," said Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and, since the April 20 blowout, the unflagging source of end-of-the-world predictions. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought."

And by the way, the blowout preventer is leaning, Allen said.

"The entire arrangement has kind of listed a little bit," he said. A government spokesman later said this development wasn't new.

Coast Guard now admitting that BOP is leaning and that the seafloor is unstable, and that they don't know the condition of the pipe all the way to the reservoir!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Well I was attempting to put down what I am thinking based on what I have read about Mr Madsen..........

Oh S##T........Is all I can reference to at the moment.......

Yeah he seems like a very well known and credible person with a sh!tload of connections, makes this claim all the more scary since he knows people will notice.

Guess those FEMA trains will spring into action soon...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yeah it's a good article showing exactly how BP has been forced to adjust their figures over and over again, i would advise people to read it even though there's nothing much new for most of us to be read, but it's a big improvement to what people have been told sofar.

Too bad it's buried away in a far away corner of the paper's website, i can't imagine this appeared in the printed version.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i came into this world at a Displaced Person Camp (Bucherstrasse, Pegnitz W. Germany)

i may as well go out in a DP Camp... in between these two bookends,
i will have seen America as a 'Mayberry' & as a prison camps al-a the 'Escape from NY' or 'LA' series of dystopias,
with the 'Snake' saving the hides of worthless eliteists such as presidents

oh well, its a life experience that would be ludicrious to chronicle...it can only be experienced first hand.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's a big dilemma though.

The outcome of a evacuation = bad (infrasructures crumbling, looting, panic and chaos etc)

No evacuation = A lot of dead people who don't ask questions.

Actually seems like a false flag event @ NWO is our best bet atm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join