It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

The fear of all fears has a 40% chance of becoming a reality as of June 22, 2010 for Alex to be born out of the Caribbean. Stifled reports from across the Gulf States region raise many questions of what exactly the health concerns would be if a storm such as a hurricane brought inland the toxic cocktail.

www.businessweek.com...

www.cbc.ca...

www.associatedcontent.com...

There are many threads concerning the BOP and what gases are coming out presently from the well head. We do know for certain that BP is using the dispersant corexit at an extreme rate to push the oil under the surface.

There are many positions here on ATS as well as other blogs as to what will happen, when, where and how bad? But the one thing I think that most of us here will agree on is that I would not expose my children to any of the oil or chemical dispersants used if I had the choice.

Now with Alex as it grabs the gulf moisture (which is polluted with oil, gases and dispersants) and makes it way inland what will you do to protect your family?

I don’t think there needs to be a debate concerning the fact that a “toxic” rain could fall. The debate needs to be “should I stay or should I go know”!!

Don’t be fooled by the media and the Government when Alex only turns out to be a category I or II and even if it just stays a tropical depression. The results will be the same, a toxic rain being dumped inland.

I am a Louisiana native who is very familiar with the storm patterns of tropical depressions that come up through Texas and Louisiana. I presently live in Missouri now and I know how Rita affected our area.

So what will you do? Evacuate or “ride” out the storm? Are you going to listen to the Government whose President is telling you that the seafood is “safe” to eat? REALLY???

Or are you going to take every precaution there is to move your family to a “higher” ground as a precaution. I know what I am going to do and that’s why I started this thread, to give everyone a heads up concerning Alex. You can’t wait until it hits………it will be too late!!

Sure you may feel no effects from the rain or even smell it. But 10 years later in 2020 when you see those who stayed, your family and friends who weathered the storm developing life threatening cancers, you will remember this thread and wished you may have acted differently.

Those of you like me who have watched a loved one die from cancer wishes that experience on no one.

Many here will just say I am fearmongering and that’s okay!! I’d rather be wrong with a label then to see a “toxic” rain move inland that ultimately brings death.

I have attached a map of all the most notable hurricanes and there paths. You can get a feel for just how far north one of these storms could take the gulf moisture.

link

You need to create a plan and soon even if Alex does not make the weekend headlines one will very soon!!

What will you do?

It seems some here dont realize the threat inland is the rain bands.......Here is a image of Katrina as it arrives on shore....

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

Fixed link - stretching page

[edit on 23/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
S&F

Thanks for finding that!

I have encouraged my Gulf Coast friends to come and stay with me if they need to.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Link Fix

S&F

-E-

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Tampa FL here.

if it comes well ride it out like we always do.

oil or no oil.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i don't understand?

where is hurricane alex? national hurricane center says

There are no tropical cyclones at this time.

so are you just 'warning' us of alex (apparently that is going to be the name for the first hurricane this season, since they name them alphabetically)

even if you're just 'warning' us that the first hurricane of the season is coming.. well i mean, of course alex will come sooner or later, i live in the gulf as well as having lived on florida's east side in the past, hurricanes come every single year, it's expected

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Healthy Tropical Disturbance Roams the Caribbean
www.weather.com...

A tropical wave producing persistent shower and thunderstorm activity has been moving through the eastern and central Caribbean the last couple of days.

In the near term, locally heavy rain and flash flooding are threats to the Dominican Republic and Haiti. This thunderstorm activity is likely to spread westward to Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba through Wednesday and Thursday.
More at Link...

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

1. A TROPICAL WAVE OVER THE CENTRAL CARIBBEAN SEA HAS BECOME LESS
ORGANIZED TODAY. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
WAVE WILL LIKELY SPREAD ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE DOMINICAN
REPUBLIC...HAITI...JAMAICA...AND EASTERN CUBA DURING THE NEXT DAY
OR SO. THERE IS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. HOWEVER...
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE CONDUCIVE FOR
SLOW DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS AS IT
MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT ABOUT 10 MPH. noaa

There is a chance that this can turn into a tropical cyclone, but only a small one. I've been watching this over the last few days and will continue to watch, but I doubt a hurricane by this week-end.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks. I cross-posted your thread in another topic...hope you don't mind.

Let's hope this is a milder, cleansing storm and not the megadisaster some are saying it can be.

[And now the other part of me is wondering if we should do the numerology on and research the significance of the name Alex.]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Look before predicting doom and gloom. Check this website first.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
The national hurricane center website located at FIU south campus in miami florida.

then take a look here at the latest update for that tropical wave out in the carribean.
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT TUE JUN 22 2010

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

1. A TROPICAL WAVE OVER THE CENTRAL CARIBBEAN SEA HAS BECOME LESS
ORGANIZED TODAY. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
WAVE WILL LIKELY SPREAD ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE DOMINICAN
REPUBLIC...HAITI...JAMAICA...AND EASTERN CUBA DURING THE NEXT DAY
OR SO. THERE IS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. HOWEVER...
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MORE CONDUCIVE FOR
SLOW DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS AS IT
MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT ABOUT 10 MPH.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN/BLAKE
NNNN

Hurricanes are unpredictable. You can't reliably forecast one. And once it does form you can't predict which way it's going to go.

So sitting there and saying a hurricane is going to form somewhere off the coast of africa and then drive it's way straight into louisiana is a downright lie.
you can't predict these things.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Easy dudes/dudettes...

If ya look at his Title IMHO it's just a scenario/wake-up call...

...something to really consider in the near future...hold out or move...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good question.

There is such lack of information from the government in this disaster. The Surgeon General from the United States Department of Health and Human Services should be on MSM discussing these issues.

I think there are real safety concerns that need to be addressed publicly by our government for the safety of the citizens of the region. Saying nothing at all is outrageous.

Maybe our politicians have been drinking too much water.

edit to add the Gulf/Atlantic Water Vapor Loop Bookmark it.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Agreed, this is a "possible" scenario made apparent by the future date on it!

Anyhow, they can and do predict the paths of hurricanes from the African Coast all the way to Louisianna. It is as accurate as any other weather prediction, meaning very accurate within a day or two and not so much further out.

Now as for the current storm forming. It is much nearer than Africa, and there is another thread with good info about its chances of becoming a tropical system. It looks pretty likely. Even if this one doesn't, we all know that soon enough we will be facing a tropical system in the Gulf.

Now, as for leaving. I will leave if they decide to blow the well. I won't leave for a storm.

OP, when I leave, I am coming to Missouri! My whole family is from there, and they moved back there just 2 weeks ago. My wife and kids and I decided to stay here, but SW Missouri is my safe-haven in the event of anything getting nuts down here!

Weather Thread that pinpointed this system:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I saw that this was projected, but I still doubt it will be a hurricane by this week-end.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

As the thread title suggested "Weekend Headlines" ....Yes Alex is the first name to be used.......and there is a 40% chance that a tropical depression could develope over the next 48 hours........

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Geezz Grey you are grey!! Or should I say black and white!! It does not matter if its Alex, Bonnie or Colin.........one will eventually come up through the gulf before this spill is contained......

That is great if the chances are less than 30% now of a depression forming.......it just gives us a little more time to make the right decision for our family...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think a few are missing the boat.......It does not even matter if this thing gets organized enough to become a cyclone.............Any significant storm that brings in gulf moisture inland is a DANGER!!! A hurricane due to its strength will push those "toxic" rains farther north into states like where I live...........Missouri

But a strong storm that moves inland can still bring toxic rain far inland........

The whole point to this thread is that you need to decide before a storm blows ashore bringing these rains........

Is it a chance you are willing to take..........

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

BOOOOO! It looks like everyone is headed for Missouri! Here is a post from another unrelated thread:

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by PayMeh

Can we hear from the Canadians on this please? Yellowstone wipes out the west, the oil spill toxic soup handles the east, Mexico's too dangerous and Canada doesn't want us. I can see us all descending on Missouri.

It's so nice to have friends
In Missouri.

At least I know where all the old Jesse James caves, and underground mines, and tunnels, and shafts are. If everyone goes to Missouri, I may have to go to underground Missouri!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Missouri HELL!!! I already have a map headed Northwest. First stop Denver.........Thats where all the elites are going so why not me.......

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I agree with you on the dangers of a hurricane, I just disagree on the time frame. But since I don't have a crystal ball, either of us could be right. Yes, a hurricane would be a bad thing, but it's not like we can do anything about it. Kinda like the old Pandora's Box story.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Eeep...does minnesota work for everyone?

And actually...i read somewhere on a topic on ATS that a hurricane could be either very good or very bad. It just depends what it does, which way it goes. That sort of thing. But if I recall correctly that news came via Obama's people, so I don't know....

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join